HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban fined $2500 for slewfoot on Kunitz

Old
01-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Good, he deserves it. He also did it earlier this year, I think it was James Neal

I'm starting to believe more and more people that say one day he is going to get it, it's unfortunate but he needs to stop this crap

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:49 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Waaa Waaa Waaa ! Habs fans !!

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Waaa Waaa Waaa ! Habs fans !!
Nice so you find it ok for him to do that?

Old
01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Nice so you find it ok for him to do that?
Yep and we should trade him, and anyone else who doesnt have a french name on this team. Just sick and tired of this farce of a team and the dumb fanbase that comes with it. Price loses a couple of games Earl and his gang want to bring back Halak. PK does something silly, instead of supporting our players we want to get rid of them. Who cares Kunitz is a c*** anyway. I could care less really.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:05 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Yep and we should trade him, and anyone else who doesnt have a french name on this team. Just sick and tired of this farce of a team and the dumb fanbase that comes with it. Price loses a couple of games Earl and his gang want to bring back Halak. PK does something silly, instead of supporting our players we want to get rid of them. Who cares Kunitz is a c*** anyway. I could care less really.
No one is saying trade Subban we just want him to stop being a punk.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:14 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
No one is saying trade Subban we just want him to stop being a punk.
Exactly.. I support Subban and don't want him traded but I won't defend him for his actions on that play.. What he did was reckless and it as to stop.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Ok the 6-7 morons that want Subban traded and the 50 people that complained in front of the Bell Centre have nothing to do with the fact that PK is a punk on the ice. He needs to stop that ****, and I don't care about Kunitz either but it isn't the point!

Old
01-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Young Gun

Make's a lot dumb plays, cost the team on time's.
Keep it up PK....everbody is tradeable

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

subban really needs a coach to bring him back to reality

i'm honestly not worried about him cause Price was immature at first aswell...it's normal they're young, but different with price is taht price was a goalie and he could only piss off his team mates

PK is pissing off the whole league

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
What in the bloody blazes are you talking about?

Just about everyone here is in agreement that he deserved the suspension. Not one person in here has mentioned they want him out of town for this stupid stunt. Not one person has brought up language either. Price/Halak is completely irrelevant as well. Fans should always support their players but when they make a dumb move like slewfooting a guy near the corner, where he can get seriously injured, then it's not a farce for fans to say he deserves the fine or a harsher punishment.

And yeah, Kunitz is a bad man so who cares if he could have gotten hurt? From the president of a league, I'm really surprised by a statement like that to come from you.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Duramarier

Quote:

2nd time someone mention the language issue. what does it have to do with this tread.

No 1 talk about it on the street. But here, its in every thread.

Duramarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Ok the 6-7 morons that want Subban traded and the 50 people that complained in front of the Bell Centre have nothing to do with the fact that PK is a punk on the ice. He needs to stop that ****, and I don't care about Kunitz either but it isn't the point!
Same PK that spit on a player last week, same guy that you can count on to take a penalty in every third period of a game. Guy better get his **** together before he dig's himself in a big hole.
I don't dispute that Pk is loaded with talent, my fear is, he may waste it !!!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:28 PM
PunkinDrublic*

go listen to bergeron and crew

Old
01-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
How effective is PK from the penalty box or suspended? Forget about who he did it two for a second, we need him to cut this out of his game so he's on the ice to play hockey for us. Personally, I'm glad he got fined for it and hopefully he learns from it.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:15 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
What in the bloody blazes are you talking about?

Just about everyone here is in agreement that he deserved the suspension. Not one person in here has mentioned they want him out of town for this stupid stunt. Not one person has brought up language either. Price/Halak is completely irrelevant as well. Fans should always support their players but when they make a dumb move like slewfooting a guy near the corner, where he can get seriously injured, then it's not a farce for fans to say he deserves the fine or a harsher punishment.

And yeah, Kunitz is a bad man so who cares if he could have gotten hurt? From the president of a league, I'm really surprised by a statement like that to come from you.
Relax there !! He got a fine for a slewfoot !!! Wow !!! Thats the end of the world. You should come out and watch some of our Midget and Junior games ( two kids got bit last week ) ! His foot caught Kunitz foot !!

Old
01-21-2012, 02:15 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Same PK that spit on a player last week, same guy that you can count on to take a penalty in every third period of a game. Guy better get his **** together before he dig's himself in a big hole.
I don't dispute that Pk is loaded with talent, my fear is, he may waste it !!!
While I agree that he needs to change his attitude and this slew foot was unacceptable, it was clear that Subban DID NOT spit on anyone. The video shows this and the players comfirmed it after the game. Stop spreading BS.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:26 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
subban really needs a coach to bring him back to reality

i'm honestly not worried about him cause Price was immature at first aswell...it's normal they're young, but different with price is taht price was a goalie and he could only piss off his team mates

PK is pissing off the whole league
In many ways, I love that he is pissing off the whole league. I just don't like the way he is going about it.

Look..I am probably the biggest Subban fan there is. I have followed the kid since he was in the GTHL and specifically with the Bulls as I was a season ticket holder his entire time in Belleville. I love him as a player and a person after going to school with him. He is one of the nicest guys off the ice..but on the ice..he is a ****** bag, and sometimes in the best way possible.

Part of the reason he does stuff like this and makes mistakes is that he gets so jacked up and when the team isn't doing good, he feels it is his job to unite the team and do whatever possible to get them back in it. Unfortunately, he has to learn this isn't Belleville. He could do that there..and at times he can do it here. But he needs to bring back the energy just a tad so he isn't crossing the line with his aggressiveness and where he is being efficient rather than flashy.

However, those who feel he hasn't improved clearly don't remember his defensive play at times when he came up and before the pro's. He is light-years ahead of where he used to be in his own end. He makes some stupid mistakes sometimes, but that is to be expected. He is young, playing way more minutes than he should be, AGAINST THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE.

If you told me four years ago that he would be on the penalty-kill for the Habs at 22 years old I would have laughed so hard...

I love the guy and it's that the reason why we need this slewfooting and **** out of the game. Throw a big hit, talk trash...I'm fine with that. But he never should have to resort to dirty play..he never was that type of player before, and I don't want to see him become that player and have that reputation. He is way too talented to be another Matt Cooke or Sean Avery or whoever..

Anyway, those who want to trade him..it would be one of the biggest mistakes in this teams history UNLESS you get an insane package back with a superstar or one in the making. This kid will harness that ability one day and as he becomes more mature, he will prove to be a much more effective player overall. That's all I have to say. I try to stay out of this crap cause I am as biased as anyone..but I know that when he hits his prime..hell next year if he plays fantastic again..the same people like Young Gun and others who want to see him gone, will basically be on his dick riding along all the way to the playoffs.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
This kind play happens almost every game, especially in front of the net, funny they chose to fine PK.

good excuse, Subban is back to that of Sainthood then.

When i saw that play, it looked to me that he did a 2 hander on Kunitz. I didn't notice the slew foot. Now i see both. Most certainly a dirty play, but i'm pretty sure he's starting to get frustrated.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
In many ways, I love that he is pissing off the whole league. I just don't like the way he is going about it.

Look..I am probably the biggest Subban fan there is. I have followed the kid since he was in the GTHL and specifically with the Bulls as I was a season ticket holder his entire time in Belleville. I love him as a player and a person after going to school with him. He is one of the nicest guys off the ice..but on the ice..he is a ****** bag, and sometimes in the best way possible.

Part of the reason he does stuff like this and makes mistakes is that he gets so jacked up and when the team isn't doing good, he feels it is his job to unite the team and do whatever possible to get them back in it. Unfortunately, he has to learn this isn't Belleville. He could do that there..and at times he can do it here. But he needs to bring back the energy just a tad so he isn't crossing the line with his aggressiveness and where he is being efficient rather than flashy.

However, those who feel he hasn't improved clearly don't remember his defensive play at times when he came up and before the pro's. He is light-years ahead of where he used to be in his own end. He makes some stupid mistakes sometimes, but that is to be expected. He is young, playing way more minutes than he should be, AGAINST THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE.

If you told me four years ago that he would be on the penalty-kill for the Habs at 22 years old I would have laughed so hard...

I love the guy and it's that the reason why we need this slewfooting and **** out of the game. Throw a big hit, talk trash...I'm fine with that. But he never should have to resort to dirty play..he never was that type of player before, and I don't want to see him become that player and have that reputation. He is way too talented to be another Matt Cooke or Sean Avery or whoever..

Anyway, those who want to trade him..it would be one of the biggest mistakes in this teams history UNLESS you get an insane package back with a superstar or one in the making. This kid will harness that ability one day and as he becomes more mature, he will prove to be a much more effective player overall. That's all I have to say. I try to stay out of this crap cause I am as biased as anyone..but I know that when he hits his prime..hell next year if he plays fantastic again..the same people like Young Gun and others who want to see him gone, will basically be on his dick riding along all the way to the playoffs.
Great post.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
MTL's P.K. Subban fined $2,500 for slew-foot trip last night on PIT's Chris Kunitz.
4 minutes ago

I'm ok with it. $2500 is a slap on the wrist for these guys. Sends a message. No need for more injuries in the NHL over these types of plays..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Relax there !! He got a fine for a slewfoot !!! Wow !!! Thats the end of the world. You should come out and watch some of our Midget and Junior games ( two kids got bit last week ) ! His foot caught Kunitz foot !!
Yes, exactly. He got a fine which he deserved. A suspension will come the next time he does something like this.

Still doesn't answer anything about the irrelevance of your first post in this thread. You brought up points that weren't even mentioned in this thread, nor should they. Everyone here pretty much agrees he deserved it yet you state fans being morons for wanting him traded and then going on to say that it's Kunitz so who cares. I fail to see what you tried to prove with that last post.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post

the same traits that make him a great players are the ones that are hurting him right now

it's that will and passion for the game and his team
he wants to do anything he can to help this team out, but by trying too much he's making costly mistakes

i think all the slewfooting and stuff like that is a result of him trying to do so much that he's also trying to "cheat"

little shortcuts here and there against other players that might give the habs an advantage like triping players with a slewfoot and make it look accidental

he's the complete opposite in real life from what players are saying of him on ice
he's not an ass or a jerk or a dbag, but lately has been playing like one

get some pressure off his shoulders, get the gills away that try to talk down to him cause they're vets, let him mature and he'll be fine

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:04 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
the same traits that make him a great players are the ones that are hurting him right now

it's that will and passion for the game and his team
he wants to do anything he can to help this team out, but by trying too much he's making costly mistakes

i think all the slewfooting and stuff like that is a result of him trying to do so much that he's also trying to "cheat"

little shortcuts here and there against other players that might give the habs an advantage like triping players with a slewfoot and make it look accidental

he's the complete opposite in real life from what players are saying of him on ice
he's not an ass or a jerk or a dbag, but lately has been playing like one

get some pressure off his shoulders, get the gills away that try to talk down to him cause they're vets, let him mature and he'll be fine
Absolutely. And that was the objective I was trying to complete when making that post. Perfect summary to what I was getting at.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Subban needs to hit the reset button. Its even tougher to put up with his antics when he's played like crap all year. As a vital piece to the habs future, I hope to see some big developmental steps from him next year. I know he's young but we've seen where his standard of play is capable of being, and he's simply been unacceptable this year.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

This franchise will never succeed with the media pressure / collective intelligence of their fan base. Some of this stuff hurts the eyes to read. My only hope is that the Nordiques come back, for the sole purpose that a portion of those fans flock over to watch them.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote