HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Beauchemin extension means Visnovsky in play?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2012, 11:59 PM
  #51
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
I clearly said PP time and not top 4 time. Schultz is a whole nother animal on the PP, he can easily handle it. I said Schultz is likely to be on the team next year, not Vatanen who will likely spend a year or more in the AHL.

You must be right...thinking that the BEST defenseman in the NCAA can't make the jump straight to the NHL is absurd, just stupid thinking.
Howd Matt Gilroy work out?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:00 AM
  #52
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
would St.Louis make a play for him?

maybe 1st + Ponich or something?
I wouldnt do it, but I think its a fair offer.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:06 AM
  #53
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
I clearly said PP time and not top 4 time. Schultz is a whole nother animal on the PP, he can easily handle it. I said Schultz is likely to be on the team next year, not Vatanen who will likely spend a year or more in the AHL.

You must be right...thinking that the BEST defenseman in the NCAA can't make the jump straight to the NHL is absurd, just stupid thinking.
Being the best at anything in the NCAA doesn't mean much. Trust me I hope he's the next Crosby of defenseman, but IMO you're being extremely unrealistic. Yes, IMO, saying a guy who's never played a game at the professional level can be the PP QB of an NHL team right away is absurd. Not to mention that you're saying he can "easily handle it".

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:30 AM
  #54
mightyquack
Reverse Tank
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
I don't see how this means Lubo is in play, as people have said to me it seems this makes Lydman far more in play. Fowler would be our #1 PMD next season without Lubo, kid's good, but too young to be your best PMD.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:33 AM
  #55
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Personally i think it means Lydman is available more so then Visnovsky.
This. Visnovsky and Beauchemin are completely different defenseman. If the Ducks want to bounce back next season they're better off hanging onto Visnovsky.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:42 AM
  #56
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyShack View Post
With the pay Lubo is making next year, the Ducks can not afford to trade him.

Unless they are getting a 2nd line center.
Berglund (with a +?!) for Lubo, problem solved

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
  #57
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
A lot. He is an elite PMD. And he only makes 3 million next season. Any cheap owners out there?
But his cap hit is 5.6 million which would eliminate most of the upper echelon teams. There would be no real bidding war for his service amongst contenders

Lubo is 35 years old and has been shadow of his former self. I think you are overvaluing him. You will get something but to expect a lot is a huge stretch

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
  #58
mightyquack
Reverse Tank
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
But his cap hit is 5.6 million which would eliminate most of the upper echelon teams. There would be no real bidding war for his service amongst contenders

Lubo is 35 years old and has been shadow of his former self. I think you are overvaluing him. You will get something but to expect a lot is a huge stretch
If playing with 2 broken fingers makes him a shadow of his former self then sure.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:16 AM
  #59
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
But his cap hit is 5.6 million which would eliminate most of the upper echelon teams. There would be no real bidding war for his service amongst contenders

Lubo is 35 years old and has been shadow of his former self. I think you are overvaluing him. You will get something but to expect a lot is a huge stretch
Please explain how Lubo is a shadow of his former self...he was the top scoring d-man just last year, then had off season shoulder surgery and then broke his fingers this season...

Since finally getting healthy, he has 11 pts in 16 games.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:31 AM
  #60
mightyquack
Reverse Tank
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
Please explain how Lubo is a shadow of his former self...he was the top scoring d-man just last year, then had off season shoulder surgery and then broke his fingers this season...

Since finally getting healthy, he has 11 pts in 16 games.
Should be 25 points in 16 games, bust

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:36 AM
  #61
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Should be 25 points in 16 games, bust
Should trade him for Komisarek amirite .

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:56 AM
  #62
mightyquack
Reverse Tank
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
Should trade him for Komisarek amirite .
Where do I sign!?

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:49 AM
  #63
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I've never though Lebrun was the smartest guy in the world, but I thought he was smarter then this.
LeBrun is the best insider I know, even when he was doing shows on the Score. I rate him slightly under Bob McKenzie and over Darren Dreger.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
  #64
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
Please explain how Lubo is a shadow of his former self...he was the top scoring d-man just last year, then had off season shoulder surgery and then broke his fingers this season...

Since finally getting healthy, he has 11 pts in 16 games.
Overall play has dropped off imo.......he's a dman, the points aren't everything he actually has to play defense

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:04 PM
  #65
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Where do I sign!?
Hockey sarcasm = not funny at all

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:06 PM
  #66
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
LeBrun is the best insider I know, even when he was doing shows on the Score. I rate him slightly under Bob McKenzie and over Darren Dreger.
Don't really agree. Been reading his blog on espn for a long time now, and IMO he's off on pretty much everything, especially west coast. IMO he is light years behind McKenzie. This is a great example. Lydman and Beauchemin are similar players and Lydman has been moved to bottom pairing and his minutes have diminished, yet Lubo is the one likely to be moved due to this re-signing? Lolwut?

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:07 PM
  #67
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Exit Dose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Overall play has dropped off imo.......he's a dman, the points aren't everything he actually has to play defense
What would you say is the problem with his defense this season?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:29 PM
  #68
AlMo
Registered User
 
AlMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What would you say is the problem with his defense this season?
It's not really a problem, Lubo is what he is in his own end but when considering age, cap hit and average defensive play, teams are not going to be throwing 1st rd picks and top tier prospects at the Ducks.

A 2nd + real good prospect or 1st + decent prospect is where I'm thinking. IMO, if he was a expiring contract he would be more attractive to a lot of teams.

**By no means am I saying I'm right, he might get a kings ransom and to that I say good for the Ducks

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:56 PM
  #69
mightyquack
Reverse Tank
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Overall play has dropped off imo.......he's a dman, the points aren't everything he actually has to play defense
Rubbish, he's been fine in his own zone, he's not the strongest but he hasn't regressed at all, part of the problem was Lydman being terrible for a big chunk of his time with Lubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Hockey sarcasm = not funny at all
Commentating on Ducks when you have no idea = not funny at all

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:58 PM
  #70
Evil Sather
Registered User
 
Evil Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YOU MAKE SOME MO
Posts: 1,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Howd Matt Gilroy work out?
#5 defenseman

Evil Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:05 PM
  #71
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Lubo has regressed this year, not completely, but he's not a Norris candidate by any means. One could argue that it's due to his injury but who knows. That said, he's still easily a top 3 defenseman on every team. He's not an ideal #1 defenseman but he's still a great player. If he's available at deadline the return would be enormous due to the fact that aside from Suter, he's clearly the best option available on the back end. Him being signed at additional year at 3 million makes him even more valuable. Don't see him being moved though.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:09 PM
  #72
mightyquack
Reverse Tank
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Rubbish, he's been fine in his own zone, he's not the strongest but he hasn't regressed at all, part of the problem was Lydman being terrible for a big chunk of his time with Lubo
Should clarify this, to me he had a career year last year, but he's back to around his level of play over his career, so while he's not having a career year I wouldn't call it a regression in play as such, he's just playing at the level he has over his career rather then his career year last year. He's still an elite offensive d-men either way.

Now if he was playing at a level below what he has over his career it's a different story.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:17 PM
  #73
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin
 
Vinegar Strokes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Posts: 5,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Lubo has regressed this year, not completely, but he's not a Norris candidate by any means. One could argue that it's due to his injury but who knows. That said, he's still easily a top 3 defenseman on every team. He's not an ideal #1 defenseman but he's still a great player. If he's available at deadline the return would be enormous due to the fact that aside from Suter, he's clearly the best option available on the back end. Him being signed at additional year at 3 million makes him even more valuable. Don't see him being moved though.
Correct. The point is, he's not this, "shadow of his former self" BS.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.