Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Isn't Fehr a natural RW? He's going to playing on his off-wing with Little and Wheeler.

It could certainly be showcasing. Maybe they're considering him dealing him at the deadline.
I also don't like that. 3 right handed shots on the top line.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:57 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Hard for Burmi to get out of his "funk" when he never has consistent linemates. No other player has been moved around as much as he has. And in his 2nd NHL season too.

Ladd/Antro/Wellwood have been together for quite a while now. Not sure why Noel continues to keep that line intact so much when it's had as much inconsistencies as most other lines. I feel like Noel isn't that great with his line management. We'll see though. Results will cause people to forget that.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Yeah, I really don't like those lines. I have a hard time seeing how Fehr in any way deserves that spot on the first line.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:01 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Yeah, I really don't like those lines. I have a hard time seeing how Fehr in any way deserves that spot on the first line.
I don't know. I kinda like that idea, but don't seeing it last if it doesn't work. Really wish they would quit jerking Burmi around so much though.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Would much prefer this:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Burmi-Antro-Wellwood
GST
Miettinen-Cormier-Fehr

Ladd has been doing what he's supposed to lately and getting his position in front of the net, so while Kane is out I say re-unite the top line with a rejuvinated Wheeler and Ladd.

BAW was the best line early in the season and it can possibly get all 3 going again on offense.

GST is natural.

And Fehr and Cormier can add a lot of grit along with Mittens to round out the 4th.

It just seems so obvious and yet the coaching prefers to put 3 right handed shots on the first line.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Soble

vCash: 50
That KHL All-Star game looks like a slow-moving Harlem Globetrotters game. Speaking of the Globetrotters...

Krusty's Accountant: Let me get this straight. You took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it *against* the Winnipeg Jets?
Krusty the Clown: [miserable] Oh, I thought the Panthers were due!
[watches the game on TV]
Krusty the Clown: They're passing the puck from Bro to Bro! Just take it! Take it!
[the Jets score]
Krusty the Clown: That game was fixed! They were using freakin' Bromance, for God's sake!

Old
01-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
IC is now reporting that the lines are:

1st: Eric Fehr-Bryan Little- Blake Wheeler
2nd: Kyle Wellwood- Nikolai Antropov- Andrew Ladd
3rd: Tanner Glass- Jim Slater- Chris Thorburn
4th: Antti Miettinen- Patrice Cormier-Alexander Burmistrov

4th line will still be "pesky" - really hope Burmi can break out of his slump/funk, but at least you know that line will be very responsible defensively.

Fehr moving to the 1st line - I'm assuming that Noel and Chevy want to see if he can finally uncork for a few goals, and show the scoring touch he had in his limited minutes with the Caps. His opportunity doesn't get ANY better than this. He does look for his team mates too, so Little and Wheeler should be expecting return passes for a change. Love Kane, but he'd be so much more effective if he'd utilize his linemates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I don't disagree, but think that they're testing him. Less than half a season to go, and a pending UFA - if he doesn't start producing, or show that he can produce, I think the experiment will be over at the end of the year.

I was really hoping to see Burmi on the 2nd line too.
I agree with you YWGinYYZ. I would have preferred to see Burmi on the 1st line, but this could be Fehr's "chance" to show what he's got. (Not 1 game mind you, more like the 2nd half).

Old
01-21-2012, 02:08 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

I just want Burmi-Antro-Wellwood back together. Is it that hard? This is the perfect opportunity too.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:08 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Would much prefer this:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Burmi-Antro-Wellwood
GST
Miettinen-Cormier-Fehr

Ladd has been doing what he's supposed to lately and getting his position in front of the net, so while Kane is out I say re-unite the top line with a rejuvinated Wheeler and Ladd.

BAW was the best line early in the season and it can possibly get all 3 going again on offense.

GST is natural.

And Fehr and Cormier can add a lot of grit along with Mittens to round out the 4th.

It just seems so obvious and yet the coaching prefers to put 3 right handed shots on the first line.
Would make so much more sense. Don't understand why Noel will not put guys together that play similar games or can mesh well. Ladd has not meshed well with Antro and Wellwood all season. It blows my mind that he continues to play with them.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

no one has posted this yet?

Old
01-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
That KHL All-Star game looks like a slow-moving Harlem Globetrotters game. Speaking of the Globetrotters...

Krusty's Accountant: Let me get this straight. You took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it *against* the Winnipeg Jets?
Krusty the Clown: [miserable] Oh, I thought the Panthers were due!
[watches the game on TV]
Krusty the Clown: They're passing the puck from Bro to Bro! Just take it! Take it!
[the Jets score]
Krusty the Clown: That game was fixed! They were using freakin' Bromance, for God's sake!

"When he's done in there, I gotta go".

EDIT: Cannot watch that KHL all-star game any more. Is that whistling? A lathe in need of oiling? Whatever that sound is, **** is it annoying.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Uh guys, Burmistrov is not in any way deserving of that open first line spot right now, nor is Fehr mind you, but in no way should it just be given to Burmi.

Ice time is earned, not granted. About all that Burmistrov can be counted upon for right now is the occasional soft giveaway. The IC boys were theorizing on radio today that his production declined when he stopped playing with Antropov, but in actuality, Burmistrov's production fell off the map at the exact same time that the Jets forwards were required to begin checking/trapping in the neutral zone. He looked great while the Jets were freelancing over the first 10 or so games, but he has basically been invisible since.

He is super talented, is a great penalty killer at times, and makes the odd very defensively responsible play in the Jets zone, but in no way is he ready for #1 line duty. His puck management is quite poor; he makes poor decisions with the puck. In no way is he ready for top 6 duty.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Uh guys, Burmistrov is not in any way deserving of that open first line spot right now, nor is Fehr mind you, but in no way should it just be given to Burmi.

Ice time is earned, not granted. About all that Burmistrov can be counted upon for right now is the occasional soft giveaway. The IC boys were theorizing on radio today that his production declined when he stopped playing with Antropov, but in actuality, Burmistrov's production fell off the map at the exact same time that the Jets forwards were required to begin checking/trapping in the neutral zone. He looked great while the Jets were freelancing over the first 10 or so games, but he has basically been invisible since.

He is super talented, is a great penalty killer at times, and makes the odd very defensively responsible play in the Jets zone, but in no way is he ready for #1 line duty. His puck management is quite poor; he makes poor decisions with the puck. In no way is he ready for top 6 duty.
With this team he is more than worthy of top 6 duty.

The fact is this team has basically 1 line that gives consistent scoring chances and that's about it.

Right now we have 3 forwards who were performing at a very high level early in the season and since they have been separated have performed at a subpar pace.

Logic would state that you go back to what worked to bring these 3 back, which is pairing them together. It wouldn't be the first line because I believe that should go to Ladd, Little and Wheeler.

If top 6 ice is really earned by this coaching staff then how can we constitute Eric Fehr being placed there, the only reason I can see for that is to get his game going. But imo I would prefer the chances of getting 3 forwards going rather than 1.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
What's drove me nuts with Burmistrov is how he actually manages to get himself into high percentage areas, only to stickhandle his way out. He plays like a wild rabbit in an open field, but he needs to be like one of those fake rabbits at the greyhound track, more point A to point B.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Fehr can do on that top line.

Quote:
If top 6 ice is really earned by this coaching staff then how can we constitute Eric Fehr being placed there, the only reason I can see for that is to get his game going. But imo I would prefer the chances of getting 3 forwards going rather than 1.
IMO Fehr has earned himself a trial run on the top line. He's done some good things on that 4th line, and I thought played one of his best games vs. Buffalo on Thursday. He's improved steadily, and has been a good soldier who hasn't sulked despite limited opportunity.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I guess I just don't like the idea of trying to get 1 forward going when you have the chance to get 3.

We all know consistent offense is this teams biggest issue and yet it's always about making the top line work while leaving the other 2 (not counting GST) out to dry.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:40 PM
TheWaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Hard for Burmi to get out of his "funk" when he never has consistent linemates. No other player has been moved around as much as he has. And in his 2nd NHL season too.

Ladd/Antro/Wellwood have been together for quite a while now. Not sure why Noel continues to keep that line intact so much when it's had as much inconsistencies as most other lines. I feel like Noel isn't that great with his line management. We'll see though. Results will cause people to forget that.

THIS!!!!

and that exact statement more or less straight from Burmi's mouth last pre-game or the pre-game before!!!

Blows my f'in mind Burmi-Antro-Welly has not been re-united given all their 'slumps' since the line was disbanded!

GO JETS GO!!!! Payback is a *****!!!

Old
01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
With this team he is more than worthy of top 6 duty.
He has top 6 skills on this team for sure, but he clearly hasn't done enough with his time to date to warrant a current top 6 spot. His poor decision making is frankly much easier hidden on the bottom lines right now.

Some on these boards once tried to compare his style to Datsyuk, which is amusing because Datsyuk's strength is good puck management while it is comparatively at current Burmistrov's glaring weakness. That is not to say that Burmistrov can't or won't get better, but right now Burmistrov is just making some bad choices with the puck, and is doing it quite often at that.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Quote:
facepalming those lines.

I was so excited to see BAW back together and now we put Fehr on the top line.
Don't get me wrong he's playing better as of late but hardly worthy of 1st line minutes.

And Burmistrov doesn't belong on the 4th line.
All of this. I just don't understand the reluctance to go back to BAW. They were getting us out of our seats!

As a line, they don't play the type of North-South speed game that Noel is wanting this team to play on the whole. Perhaps that is why?

Old
01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
can we all agree we need more thug music at the mtsc?

Old
01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

we need some Regulators @MTS

http://youtu.be/1plPyJdXKIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
can we all agree we need more thug music at the mtsc?

Old
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
What's drove me nuts with Burmistrov is how he actually manages to get himself into high percentage areas, only to stickhandle his way out. He plays like a wild rabbit in an open field, but he needs to be like one of those fake rabbits at the greyhound track, more point A to point B.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Fehr can do on that top line.

IMO Fehr has earned himself a trial run on the top line. He's done some good things on that 4th line, and I thought played one of his best games vs. Buffalo on Thursday. He's improved steadily, and has been a good soldier who hasn't sulked despite limited opportunity.
I would tend to agree with this. Burmi often seems to stick handle his way back into traffic. At first I didn't like seeing that Fehr was being put on the top line, but it does make some sence. he has been playing better and a few nice feeds from Little and Wheels just might light that fire. He will also pass to the open man which initially will throw his line mates off...but they will adapt.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
we need some Regulators @MTS
16 in the clip and 1 in the hole Nate Dogg 'bout to make some bodies turn cold

Old
01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Q: are these two bros

Old
01-21-2012, 03:18 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
I would tend to agree with this. Burmi often seems to stick handle his way back into traffic. At first I didn't like seeing that Fehr was being put on the top line, but it does make some sence. he has been playing better and a few nice feeds from Little and Wheels just might light that fire. He will also pass to the open man which initially will throw his line mates off...but they will adapt.
Having passes thrown their way will definitely require some adjustment from them.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Getting ready for Florida

Closed Thread