HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Your New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers - 1:00pm - MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
Credit Laviolette.

Flyers had 4 SOG before he called the timeout.
im a big fan of lavy. he knows how to work a team. and when to lay into them.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:53 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceten View Post
Against WHO? Teams below us. Pay attention. Stop being a homer. This team can't hang with teams above us in the standings. All the wins were against teams with losing records except Fla who was 20-20 at the time and Pittsburgh who has 3,945 players on IR.

5-4 this month. Outscored 14-3 against Boston (twice) and Philly in 3 losses.

The teams we need to hang with are Boston and Philly and teams like that and we're failing SPECTACULARLY.
I think he is being a fan as instead ripping his team apart all the time. **** that homer ****.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
captainscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Tough loss, as the Flyers were not terribly impressive today, but so it goes.

In a modest scoring slump. Sorry, I’m not worried nor feel a need to advocate some big changes, some over-reaction. Nor am I going to accuse Zach of not caring and playing like he wants out of NJ, etc.. I mean….really now.

Likewise, Marty was fine. If one wants to get Hedberg a game, great. But please don’t imply that he should play based on Marty’s game.

Yes, Foster is inferior; some of us said this the day the deal was made. And he won’t be playing once people come back healthy. But geez. Hatred for the guy? Take a look at what the guy has been through in his life, both the major injuries he has incurred and off the ice…and I feel no need to hate him. But that’s me. It’s just a game...and these are human beings, not cartoon characters.

No, I’m not “worried” about Buffalo coming up, either. I'll leave that to worriers. Simply need to get in a good practice on Monday and finish strong before the much needed break. Team looks tired and the Dog Days of the season may have caught up with them, temporarily. No excuse, whatsoever. But understandable.

Two game losing streak. Sorry, not worried. They've bounced back many times before and will again.
ahhhh thank you

Old
01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Jones View Post
Credit Laviolette.

Flyers had 4 SOG before he called the timeout.
Not to pile on to Pete, but I wish he woulda called something before a PK or some where.

I'm beginning to think he needs to break up the top 2 lines if they continue to struggle to score. 1 G is going to get you nothing in games with our team the way it is built.

We'll see how Buffalo goes first.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
To clarify I never said I want the team to tank. But I'm saying the end result may be better for us if we end up with a better draft position in a very deep draft than if we make the playoffs barely but lose in the first round. I'd prefer to win the ****ing stanley cup, obvi.

The team still has missing pieces.
lol that's certainly not how it came off.

Old
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
uh-oh
Don't know what you want to tell me

Old
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
zachs shot selection lately has been....interesting. hes not scoring his bread and butter goals, especially on the pp. still not a fan of that line also, but what can you do.

Old
OmNomNom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
What is with these Goaltenders too? Why does it seem like good Goaltenders are usually becoming GREAT when we play them? Aside from Mason on the Jets so many average Goalies have spoiled us. A lot of Philly fans I thought were not happy with Bryzgalov, and didn't have a great record, and now all of the sudden he's Tim Thomas today.

Kiprusoff was Tim Thomas last week. Khabibulin had his best game in a while against us, and so did Pavelec.
i thought we didn't have any really good quality shots today, and if so, very few. we had a lot of scoring chances but they were just.. average.

i might need some validation, or maybe i'm wrong, but did we play in front of the net well enough against bryzgalov?

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNJ4 View Post
Like most people said before, we'll be a bubble team, finishing anywhere from 6-9. For a bit, I had hopes people were wrong and felt we were good enough to even have home ice advantage in the playoffs, but that clearly isn't going to happen. They can't hold their own against the elite teams in the league and come playoff time that's going to hurt in a 7 game series. We won't even get past the first round.
I wouldn't have wanted home-ice anyway with how 'great' it's been for us since moving to the Rock in April

Problem is finishing 5-7-8 means one of the Flyers-Rangers-Bruins, none of whom we match up well with. 6 is a crapshoot, but if the Caps (specifically Ovechkin) ever wake up and win the division, we don't match up with them either.

Old
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
I think Poni will be a good fit for us.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Meanwhile the Rags beat the Bruins.

At this point, better to not make the playoffs and improve the draft position. Because this defense will not get us past the first round as it's likely we play a top team in round 1.
This is an absurd notion. I'm really glad you're not the GM.

Lou is not done making moves, and the team hasn't been full healthy all season. This won't be the defence heading into the playoffs. The forwards won't stay in this scoring slump for much longer. The goalies have been better of late.

Just have to get through the dog days of the season, and they always happen at this time of year, and then make a strong push down the stretch. We might be on the bubble, but this team will not be a pushover in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
That was a sarcastic reply to his post for blaming marty.
I know, I was agreeing with you. And knowing DD, I'm not sure his post was serious either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchbot 3000 View Post
Teams know what to do to throw him off his game. Overmatch him physically. One good shutdown pair can usually take him away from scoring chances unless he finds a hole or catches a good break.
That whole top line was shut down by the Flyers today. I think it might be time to split the two superstars. Of course, every time I say this they go on a scoring binge right after. Let's hope it happens again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
There is nooooooooooooooooooooooo way Fayne sits instead of Foster, no way. I wouldn't be surprised to see Taormina sit, wich I wouldn't agree with, but Fayne, not a chance.
Fayne won't be sitting. He has been very solid all season. Foster should be the one to sit when Greene gets back, but it will probably be Tao.

Old
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
I think he is being a fan as instead ripping his team apart all the time. **** that homer ****.
I love the Devils and always will! Is that beig a fan?

Old
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!

Quote:
And can we stop with the "we outplayed [team]" nonsense? No, we didn't. Sorry. There may be the rare game or two where you do significantly outplay an opponent but lose due to freaky bounces and the like, but generally, that's not the case when you lose especially by more than a single goal. Some of you haven't played the sport and it shows with your comments. Outplaying for "much" of a game is not at all the same as outplaying for "all" of a game -- and those letdowns can be quite bad and cause you to lose if the other team is playing consistently!
Flyers highly outplayed the Devils Defensively in the 3rd. You could see that. The Devils outplayed them MOSTLY in the 1st, and parts of the 2nd.

Old
forceten

Send a message via AIM to forceten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Nut View Post
well that was some professional english skills you showed because it was not clear. 3-1 is a close. nobody will ever say otherwise. not flaming you nor am i being a homer, i'm being realistic. your advocating tanking? after ONE poor performance?
After SEVERAL poor performances against teams ahead of us in the standing. I never said "tank" ever. Ever. Reading comprehension is poor again. If you are unclear, ask.

Quote:
5-4 this month. Outscored 14-3 against Boston (twice) and Philly in 3 losses.
If it is difficult for you to read this I feel for you. I'm referencing this month's record [we did not play the Flyers more than once] and including specific goal tallies of three particular games [denoting Bruins were played twice of those three]. Pretty clear to me. I'll use bigger letters just for you next time? Or were you just looking to jump on someone [yes]

Old
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNJ4 View Post
Like most people said before, we'll be a bubble team, finishing anywhere from 6-9. For a bit, I had hopes people were wrong and felt we were good enough to even have home ice advantage in the playoffs, but that clearly isn't going to happen. They can't hold their own against the elite teams in the league and come playoff time that's going to hurt in a 7 game series. We won't even get past the first round.
Not unless we get healthy and get an upgrade on defense. Need to play a more fluid game offensively as well.

Old
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
To clarify I never said I want the team to tank. But I'm saying the end result may be better for us if we end up with a better draft position in a very deep draft than if we make the playoffs barely but lose in the first round. I'd prefer to win the ****ing stanley cup, obvi.

The team still has missing pieces.
Oh please are you kidding me. Better Off

Old
01-21-2012, 02:57 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
What is with these Goaltenders too? Why does it seem like good Goaltenders are usually becoming GREAT when we play them? Aside from Mason on the Jets so many average Goalies have spoiled us. A lot of Philly fans I thought were not happy with Bryzgalov, and didn't have a great record, and now all of the sudden he's Tim Thomas today.

Kiprusoff was Tim Thomas last week. Khabibulin had his best game in a while against us, and so did Pavelec.
It's the Marty Brodeur factor.

Face it....Opposing goalies want to play well against the GOAT at the other end.

Perhaps that's why when they saw Moose on the other end, they weren't as amped up.

Old
Tao Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Amazing that Taormina plays more than Foster and yet he'll be the one to sit when Greene comes back
Not sure about that.

Taormina has gone from being scratched and getting lowest TOI to getting the most TOI since being called up.

As I said before Foster is a plug filling a hole until Taormina is ready.

If Taormina were getting the TOI and made similar errors to Foster, it would not help his development. Tao is slowly getting more responsibility instead of being thrown into fire with Greene, Tallinder, and previously Volchenkov out.

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Its been said once, it'll be said a million times more until the season ends, this team is going absolutely nowhere with this defense core. If I'm Marty I'm shaking my head, he made some huge saves and the team still couldn't hold it together enough to give themselves a chance to get back into it.

Salvador
Foster
Volchenkov
Larsson
Fayne
Taormina

blech
And yet every time we lose the anti-Marty threads get bumped

Old
01-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmNomNom View Post
i thought we didn't have any really good quality shots today, and if so, very few. we had a lot of scoring chances but they were just.. average.

i might need some validation, or maybe i'm wrong, but did we play in front of the net well enough against bryzgalov?
A few times I thought we did. I think we played better in front of Thomas though, but I don't see why we couldn't have gotten 2 goals out of this effort.

All of this Ryan Miller talk they will probably trade him for Tim Thomas for Tuesday. Only it won't be the real Tim Thomas.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:59 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Dear God.

Worrying about other teams far ahead in the standings is bad enough.

Now the white towel LOSERS/QUITTERS meme?

I left NYI's board for this?
You're a curse.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

If Poni can play like he did today consistently I think he'll be a good fit in the bottom 6. Goal aside, he did some nice things. Was decent defensively, got to the front of the net and actually threw some nice checks. I just hope he doesn't go the way of Foster and play well for a few games then regress to suckitude.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Bleedred
Ride the Schneid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
It's the Marty Brodeur factor.

Face it....Opposing goalies want to play well against the GOAT at the other end.

Perhaps that's why when they saw Moose on the other end, they weren't as amped up.
I don't think he played well today at all. I'm the first to defend him, but hands down Marty sucked today that's all I can say. It sucks cause other people will say ''No he didn't it wasn't his fault!'' yet they are the same people who complain when he gets 41 saves that the one goal he gave up was soft.

Closed Thread