HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr wants to re-sign w/ Flyers for next year

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2012, 06:44 PM
  #26
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
But it's not necessarily a lie...Homer did talk to Jagr's agent, just not necessarily about Jagr. Voracek is also his client.
No jagr earlier today said he wasn't discussing any contracts until after the season haha. Thats why i said the players are now lying. The tweet say he was talking about a contract for Jagr

What I'm trying to say is that Jagr has said he wasn't in town to dicuss a potential contract extension, but Homer comes out hors later and says he was. I don;t know how well I put that in the first little paragraph there.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
  #27
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,176
vCash: 50
Anyone just a little concerned about his recent form? I know he's been great for 35 games, but his latest performances have been poor. Fingers crossed it's all about the little injury and nothing else.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 06:54 PM
  #28
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,504
vCash: 156
I'm not worried yet. In a few more games I will be. I do wonder if he ever got healthy.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:31 PM
  #29
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton
 
StreetSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Frisco
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 327
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...id=DL|NHL|home

Great article, pretty much said he's not doing it for the money.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
  #30
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 50
This is awesome!

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 07:38 AM
  #31
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Anyone just a little concerned about his recent form? I know he's been great for 35 games, but his latest performances have been poor. Fingers crossed it's all about the little injury and nothing else.
he looked great in minesota, G has been bad since WC, you wanna fire him too?...

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:22 PM
  #32
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
he looked great in minesota, G has been bad since WC, you wanna fire him too?...
Holy over-reaction batman!

I didn't say I was wanting to fire him, just that I'm a little concerned about his recent form (which incidentally I think is dragging G down a little bit) and wouldn't be 100% on committing on another year just yet. Anything else you wanna read into that?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:32 PM
  #33
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
If we can get him cheap I would consider it but if he wants "market" value I would wait.

He does play like 40 year old, lately. No question about it.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:37 PM
  #34
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Holy over-reaction batman!

I didn't say I was wanting to fire him, just that I'm a little concerned about his recent form (which incidentally I think is dragging G down a little bit) and wouldn't be 100% on committing on another year just yet. Anything else you wanna read into that?
well jagr was off for few games and G didnt get a point, so much for jagr drawing him down

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
  #35
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
If we can get him cheap I would consider it but if he wants "market" value I would wait.

He does play like 40 year old, lately. No question about it.
or like with a groin injury, facepalm...

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 02:43 PM
  #36
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 500
Jagr's durability has to concern them. They have to manage the cap again. Raises and resignings.

I would like to see Jags back, but costs must be measured.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
  #37
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Jagr's durability has to concern them. They have to manage the cap again. Raises and resignings.

I would like to see Jags back, but costs must be measured.
I'm not only concerned with the cost but also the amount of time missed because of injury. He's out again today with a lower body injury, likely groin.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:02 PM
  #38
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
id like to defend jagr, but i can not, not here, they/he rushed him back after WC.
this is frustrating
only thing i can point out, noone is concerned about Prongers contract who played way less games for bigger money.

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:05 PM
  #39
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Jagr is decent but not every 40 years old can take 80 NHL games and play on such a high level.

I say wait and see what happens before giving him another contract. See who is available.

Unless he signs very cheap. Anywhere between 2-2.5M

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:10 PM
  #40
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Jagr is decent but not every 40 years old can take 80 NHL games and play on such a high level.

I say wait and see what happens before giving him another contract. See who is available.

Unless he signs very cheap. Anywhere between 2-2.5M
haha, you really must be a Jagr hater.
I will happily redirect you to flyers stats.. here http://flyers.nhl.com/club/stats.htm
and look where Jagr is with all his injuries involved.
now tell me what money all those flyers players minus G and Hartnell earn per season, and please tell me why Jagr who already earn less than some of those players under him in production, should earn even less? i d really like to understand your logic
yes he was injured, he is injured again, yet he is 3rd in the team, wake up please

way to threat a playing hallfamer really

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:15 PM
  #41
2minutes4slashing
Registered User
 
2minutes4slashing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: niota, tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 193
vCash: 500
Its time to come to grips with the fact that we got a 40 year old future HOF legend who cant play at a high level anymore and keep his lower body healthy.

I hate to admit this , but.... this is the beginning of the end here for Jags ... I think he's cooked for a while

2minutes4slashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:01 PM
  #42
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
haha, you really must be a Jagr hater.
I will happily redirect you to flyers stats.. here http://flyers.nhl.com/club/stats.htm
and look where Jagr is with all his injuries involved.
now tell me what money all those flyers players minus G and Hartnell earn per season, and please tell me why Jagr who already earn less than some of those players under him in production, should earn even less? i d really like to understand your logic
yes he was injured, he is injured again, yet he is 3rd in the team, wake up please

way to threat a playing hallfamer really
You and the other Jagr fans are out of touch. He is a hall of famer, sure, but he is not able to play the majority of an NHL season. He's 40 years old, hadn't played in the league for 3 years and now he's pretty much doing what a lot of us expected. Flashes of great play, lots of good play but too many games missed due to injury, not to mention he turns the puck over a lot and is not very good defensively.

And as far as a lot of players not earning their money, I agree, but the fact is he's on a one year contract where others aren't so not much can be done about it.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:22 AM
  #43
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You and the other Jagr fans are out of touch. He is a hall of famer, sure, but he is not able to play the majority of an NHL season. He's 40 years old, hadn't played in the league for 3 years and now he's pretty much doing what a lot of us expected. Flashes of great play, lots of good play but too many games missed due to injury, not to mention he turns the puck over a lot and is not very good defensively.

And as far as a lot of players not earning their money, I agree, but the fact is he's on a one year contract where others aren't so not much can be done about it.
who told you he can't play nhl season?
do you even watch the hockey and whats happening?
he renewed his groin injury, took just 2, i repeat 2 matches off after the WC game and rushed back while obviously not healed up.
now after what, 3 games? its back and only blind or jagr hater can't see why. he shouldn't have rush it back and flyers shouldn't let him rush it back.
Imho offering jagr less than 3 million is disgrace, that would mean players like JVR would earn way more and for what? that he might be good deal in 3 years? cmon lets be serious
itsn't about money from Jagr's side but he just can't play for free or earn less than 4th liners does.
It doesn't take years but one single month back where Jagr was 2nd in team with points, now that everyone is throwing him over the board, he is sitll 3rd.. go ahead, this board is full of pathetic ppl kicking players over board due to 1 match,forexample Hartnell, everyone wanted him out, now those same ppl are cheering for him, just pathetic ..i.
i fell in love with this team, but fans, at least on these boards are just terrible bad joke, not all of them tho

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:02 AM
  #44
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66
 
Lesky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Jagr has not played less than 4 minutes in 4 games.

Both Jagr and the Flyers medical staff is to blame, aggrevating a groin injury 4 times in 90 days is a complete joke.

Sit Jagr a month now and make sure he is 100% when he comes back.

Lesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:23 AM
  #45
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
It's hillarious how many doctors are on hfboards. If you have ever played a sport you will understand that you never know when your body is 100%.

Hell every player in the NHL is playing at best at 99%.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:50 AM
  #46
Madik77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
who told you he can't play nhl season?
....
itsn't about money from Jagr's side but he just can't play for free or earn less than 4th liners does.
It doesn't take years but one single month back where Jagr was 2nd in team with points, now that everyone is throwing him over the board, he is sitll 3rd.. go ahead, this board is full of pathetic ppl kicking players over board due to 1 match,forexample Hartnell, everyone wanted him out, now those same ppl are cheering for him, just pathetic ..i.
i fell in love with this team, but fans, at least on these boards are just terrible bad joke, not all of them tho
Its not necesary to be so oversensitive and rude...

I see u r from Czech republic as well as me... I think this is the problem; first Jagr is czech and second, and more important thing, fans here are different in my point of view. We dont need to concern ourself about CBA or salary caps here...We dont even know the salaries in our czech hockey league in most cases. I like my czech hometown team and Id like to have player like JJ on my team even if he plays 2/3 of the season. I would not care about his salary at all cause I know it will be paid by sponsors (usually big regional companies). I would care only about his play, about the magic he can produce on the ice, about his affect on young players but also about his turnovers of course.

I think fans in NA are more like General Managers but without all the necessary information. They take players as goods which has some $ value. If the player is injured his value drops down as well as the interest of the fans. Its more obvious with older players of course. I am not saying its good or bad. Its just different look.

This whole discussion about signing Jagr next year is extremely premature. Even Jagr said that he wants to talk about it after the seasons end. Maybe they dont even know how serious his groin injury is right now. Its like a waves; first 1/3 he was on the wave and hero now he is useless pensioner playing on one leg... We will see where he is going to be in 3/3 and PO... Hartnell is good example too - he was "done" at the beginning of the year and now we see...

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:57 AM
  #47
Madik77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
It's hillarious how many doctors are on hfboards. If you have ever played a sport you will understand that you never know when your body is 100%.

Hell every player in the NHL is playing at best at 99%.
This. And groin injury is very untransparent. You think you are OK cause you had several trainings without problems but the game is completely different. One bad movement and you are back in it. Very bothering.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:06 AM
  #48
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
i fell in love with this team, but fans, at least on these boards are just terrible bad joke, not all of them tho
lol.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:12 AM
  #49
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
lol.
whats so lol about it, i see your not jagr hater but simple troll.
actually your avatar seems to represent your iq, isnt it?

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:24 AM
  #50
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
you need to come down to earth.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-25-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.