HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What's up with Frolov as of late...eh?

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Maximus

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
What's up with Frolov as of late...eh?

Seems to this observer and Frolov pool owner, that he hasn't scored a goal in what seems like forever. Yeah, he's had a few assists here and there but from what I've seen of him on the dish, he's not even shooting the puck anymore or getting himself in primo scoring positions like he was earlier.

Frolov has had a weird year.....he started off really cold for the first 7-8 games.....he went postal and was as good as anyone in the league for around 20 games and now he's as cold as he ever was. I know he's liable to go off again for another 20-25 games beginning tomorrow as he's just too talented to keep down but I'm concerned about his consistancy and I'm wondering if you Kings faithful are as well. I guess I'm of the thinking, though he's still very young, these roller coaster rides for Frolov should be alot less severe than they are.....no?

Old
12-30-2005, 11:06 AM
halco

Frolov will be fine and remember he's only 23. He started to struggle when Andy Murray took him off the top line to try to jump start Roenick and spread out the scoring. Despite not scoring goals he has picked up some key assists and continues to play a strong defensive game. Last night listening to the Kings - Coyotes game the announcers mentioned that Frolov was more active and shooting the puck more (He beat Joseph on one wrist shot but rang it off the post) then they had seen in the past 2 weeks. That's a good sign if he shoots more because then defenders can't play him one on one knowing that he'll only try to deke them and NOT shoot. Being with Demitra and Conroy again will get him out of his goal-scoring slump soon.

Old
12-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
He's in a slump

Rest him for a few games and play your other LW's

Old
12-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Good to read from you guys he appears to be coming out of his slump. I guess what is vexing and what I stated earlier is how severe his highs as well as his lows are......that's all.

For example a guy who I think Frolov is superior to both talentwise and potential wise is Eric Staal. So while Frolov is having somewhat of a breakthrough year as is Staal, it appears to me from watching the two of them on the dish, Staal is more consistantly effective than Frolov and Staal's highs and lows are much more balanced and less extreme. Hopefully Frolov, once he gets hot again, stays hot cause if he does, Kings in my view could contend for Cup....A consistant Frolov is the key for that too occur.

Anyways, thanks for the replys...

Old
12-30-2005, 12:58 PM
ILuvLA

Sometimes, I don't think that he knows how good he can be. He needs to shoot more as most of the other teams have his "mo" down with the drag & wrap. With that said, keep in mind, that he's young. He will be fine.

Old
12-30-2005, 01:52 PM
halco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus
Good to read from you guys he appears to be coming out of his slump. I guess what is vexing and what I stated earlier is how severe his highs as well as his lows are......that's all.

For example a guy who I think Frolov is superior to both talentwise and potential wise is Eric Staal. So while Frolov is having somewhat of a breakthrough year as is Staal, it appears to me from watching the two of them on the dish, Staal is more consistantly effective than Frolov and Staal's highs and lows are much more balanced and less extreme. Hopefully Frolov, once he gets hot again, stays hot cause if he does, Kings in my view could contend for Cup....A consistant Frolov is the key for that too occur.

Anyways, thanks for the replys...
Staal also doesn't play for Andy Murray nor does he have Van Boxmeer as his power play coach!

Old
12-30-2005, 01:55 PM
halco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Sometimes, I don't think that he knows how good he can be. He needs to shoot more as most of the other teams have his "mo" down with the drag & wrap. With that said, keep in mind, that he's young. He will be fine.
Agree totally!!! Frolov tries too hard to be a playmaker and also tries to deke the defenseman EVERY time he goes in one on one. AM has to get him to start shooting the puck some in those situations so as to keep the defenseman honest. But overall, he is young and streaky and will be just fine!

Old
12-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Over the course of his 14-game goalless streak, Frolov has had 33 shots on goal.

From what I've seen, he's giving up most of his chances to his teammates. Remember earlier in the season, Andy Murray got on Frolov to shoot the puck more often? The very next game, Frolov nets a hat-trick.

Old
12-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Over the course of his 14-game goalless streak, Frolov has had 33 shots on goal.

From what I've seen, he's giving up most of his chances to his teammates. Remember earlier in the season, Andy Murray got on Frolov to shoot the puck more often? The very next game, Frolov nets a hat-trick.
Maybe somebody needs to get a copy of that game and make him watch it repeatedly until he gets this concept....

If you shoot the puck more you score more goals.

Old
12-31-2005, 01:46 PM
johnjm22

Anyone else see this article?

Looks like AM is gonna cut Fro's ice time if he doesn't pick it up. I actually think it's the right thing to do.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3358038

Old
12-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Osprey

If AM were the genius with the youngsters (re: Cammalleri) that some seem to believe, Frolov's non-production wouldn't have gotten to 0-in-14 in the first place.

Old
12-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
If AM were the genius with the youngsters (re: Cammalleri) that some seem to believe, Frolov's non-production wouldn't have gotten to 0-in-14 in the first place.

what are you talking about? players go into slumps and sometimes they don't play to their potental.

AM has and continues to be a good coach in regards to the kids.

Old
12-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
what are you talking about? players go into slumps and sometimes they don't play to their potental.
I know that, but that's not the same story you'll hear from some regarding Cammalleri. Remember, he was supposedly a rotten person in October and had a terrible work ethic (and that, somehow, he did a complete reversal, second only to Scrooge in suddenness). My main contention in October was that Cammalleri should've been cut a little slack. Some people (AM included) refused to give him any, even after only a single game, yet those same people are pretty patient with Frolov. I don't particularly mind AM's handling of Frolov, but if a case like Cammalleri's is to be thrown around as an example of why AM is an expert motivator and a genius with the youngsters, then let a case like Frolov's be the counter-argument.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-31-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old
12-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I know that, but that's not the same story you'll hear from some regarding Cammalleri. Remember, he was supposedly a rotten person in October and had a terrible work ethic (and that, somehow, he did a complete reversal, second only to Scrooge in suddenness). My main contention in October was that Cammalleri should've been cut a little slack. Some people (AM included) refused to give him any, even after only a single game, yet those same people are pretty patient with Frolov. I don't particularly mind AM's handling of Frolov, but if a case like Cammalleri's is to be thrown around as an example of why AM is an expert motivator and a genius with the youngsters, then let a case like Frolov's be the counter-argument.

I see what your saying. Honestly I thought being scratched 1 game wasn't all that big a deal. Or at least not nearly as big a deal as the internet made it out to be.

All these injuries sure have freed up some ice time and Cammy is the guy who seems to be making the most of this opportunity. Good for him we need someone to step up.

As for Frolov. I don't have a problem with the coach giving him a kick in the ***. Its AM's job. What I do get a little annoyed about his the constant criticism for AM.

Good lord we are 1st in the Pacific and have more points to this point then we have had in almost a decade. I think people need to back of the guy a little.

Old
12-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Fat Elvis

I wish Fro was as hungry as Cammy is to put the puck in the net. The wrap around has been predictable since his first season. Time for him to seriuosly step it up. His happy-go-lucky attitude is starting to look silly without the scoring to back it up. Time for the wife to cut him off a week or two, get a little mean streak going.

Closed Thread