HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Welcome Rene Bourque!! (And Pierre Gauthier appreciation thread!)

Old
01-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Personally. I was glad to see Cammalleri go. Seeing him flutter around the ice like the Ambien moth, waiting for others to do the heavy lifting, irked me.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Weren't people in Calgary saying Bourque was slow? He didn't seem all that slow on that rush on on his first shift but I think Cole is faster than Bourque.
I was at the game Sunday. Bourque was surprisingly fast, out-skating the NY D on the outside on a couple of occasion and looking slick in the process. I was pleasantly surprised by what he brought to the tables in terms of contribution. That said, one game does not make a season and lets see his intensity levels going forward....Sunday, he may have seemed a tad faster than Cole but lets wait a few games before making that a fact.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Personally. I was glad to see Cammalleri go. Seeing him flutter around the ice like the Ambien moth, waiting for others to do the heavy lifting, irked me.
Even Bertrand Raymond of the Journal de Montreal was surprised to see how much we got for Cammie. I am pretty sure we screwed the poodge!

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/333577.html

Last edited by Habsfan18: 01-19-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: merge
Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 02:36 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
read somewhere that another NHL scout was surprised we managed to get that much from cammy. goes to show how HF values players...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:09 AM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
read somewhere that another NHL scout was surprised we managed to get that much from cammy. goes to show how HF values players...
I read somewhere the exact opposite.

ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:13 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

from Bowman :

http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/...15-033334.html

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Actually R91, i think Bourque is faster than Cole. I don't think i have seen anyone that fast on our team in years.
Just found this gem. Lolwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Even Bertrand Raymond of the Journal de Montreal was surprised to see how much we got for Cammie. I am pretty sure we screwed the poodge!

What do you mean "even" Bertrand Raymond. Montreal media denigrating the worth of a player who was run out of town for doing-no-good and fit at least two categories that people complain about on the regular (size, contracts)? I never in a million years could have imagined he'd write something like that. But in all seriousness, is anyone worth listening to (more specifically, outside Montreal) saying they're surprised how much we got for Cammalleri? 'Cause it even took Bob McKenzie a night of sleep to think of the positives from Montreal's perspective. In any event, it's hardly on the level of "screwing the pooch", but always disappointing to be the side dealing away quality for value.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 01-19-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Andy

Rene Bourque wins a lot of board battles. Color me impressed so far.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Rene Bourque wins a lot of board battles. Colored me impressed so far.
He's won more than Cammalleri did all year.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
He's won more than Cammalleri did all year.
also nice to see that after the first report from Lebrun that "x GM didn't know y player was available", that a lot of media types are now saying it was a good deal and they have spoken to scouts who didn't think Cammalleri was worth more than a pick.

Old
01-19-2012, 11:42 AM
firewagon77*

Gauthier was horrible in ottawa a trainwreck in anaheim missed playoffs 3 years in a row,now him and gainey have been together for 9 years and their still competing for 8th playoff spots.Trade plekanec,cole moen,kostitsyn,gill,and gionta and markov in off-season,then put kaberle and gomez on waivers.Gauthier trades for 33 year old kaberle powerplay was 29th now their 30 the just brilliant.Have you ever seen an organization trade so many so called disgruntled or trouble making players,they trade Ribeiro get back Ninnamaa,tradeLatendresse get back poulliot,trade Lapierre gets back Festerling,trades Kostitsyn gets back Boyd,trades Cammalleri gets back a 30 year old mediocre forward if he had a brain in his head he would have traded Cammalleri 3 months ago for chris stewart when they were struggling,now they might trade subban are you kidding me subban will score between 60-80 points per year if he had somebody to play with like Robinson or Coffey.P.S. stop blaming the players for being disgruntled or don't like the coach you buffons are the one's who should be traded you ass clowns.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
also nice to see that after the first report from Lebrun that "x GM didn't know y player was available", that a lot of media types are now saying it was a good deal and they have spoken to scouts who didn't think Cammalleri was worth more than a pick.
?

so in this case, the media conveying information about speculated player value is considered reliable to you?

i won't bother with digging stuff up, and simply ask if you have consistently felt this way about what the media reports regarding the value of a player or success of a trade? I may be completely wrong, but i seem to recall you often deriding posters for taking what the media states as fact or as the basis for an argument? am i mistaken?

in any case, i think two things still remain pretty clear imo:

- Cammy needed to be moved, his value was not very high, and the return we did get was pretty good considering.

- PG didn't do the right thing in not discovering definitely what the "best" deal out in the market was at the time. (i don't necessarily agree that it was a bad decision to move him now, as opposed to closer to the deadline with the assumption that the value would have gone up, simply b/c all signs point to Cammy being a negative precense in the dressing room, thus making the immediacy of the trade seem reasonable)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
?

so in this case, the media conveying information about speculated player value is considered reliable to you?
No that's not what I said at all.

It's just nice seeing the story isn't entirely one-sided as it was orginally made out to be and that after the initial and usually shiiite storm that happens with every move, we have fuller accounts which take on both sides.

The real question now is, are you ignoring the speculation which goes against your side of the argument.

Quote:
i won't bother with digging stuff up, and simply ask if you have consistently felt this way about what the media reports regarding the value of a player or success of a trade? I may be completely wrong, but i seem to recall you often deriding posters for taking what the media states as fact or as the basis for an argument? am i mistaken?
And no that is not what I said at all. I reproached you for taking what the media said and then creating hypothetical scenarios that was only one sided when it was clear that I could have easily concieved of a scenario that would argue the opposite. This was back during the Kaberle trade.

The other time we spoke about media speculation was during this trade where I said the fact that 1 or 2 GMs weren't contacted is not at all the same as no one being contacted.

Like I said, in the post you quoted, it's nice to see people come out and give another side of the story.

Old
01-19-2012, 12:44 PM
ReneBourque27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post

Bertrand Raymond doesnt know ****, hes an old senile tard

ReneBourque27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
Bertrand Raymond doesnt know ****, hes an old senile tard
Guys you don't know how to read...

It's not Raymond who thought that. He talked with someone involved in an NHL organisation who told him that.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Guys you don't know how to read...

It's not Raymond who thought that. He talked with someone involved in an NHL organisation who told him that.
I heard a podcast from Kevin Allen, probably the most reputable hockey reporter in the US. He said that the early reaction for the Cammalleri trade was that we got robbed... He's suggesting that, as the dust has settled it's looking better for Montreal than the initial reaction... He mentionned specifically going from a 6 M to a 3 M Cap hit. It was also a very aggressive move on Feaster part.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
No that's not what I said at all.

It's just nice seeing the story isn't entirely one-sided as it was orginally made out to be and that after the initial and usually shiiite storm that happens with every move, we have fuller accounts which take on both sides.

The real question now is, are you ignoring the speculation which goes against your side of the argument.

And no that is not what I said at all. I reproached you for taking what the media said and then creating hypothetical scenarios that was only one sided when it was clear that I could have easily concieved of a scenario that would argue the opposite. This was back during the Kaberle trade.

The other time we spoke about media speculation was during this trade where I said the fact that 1 or 2 GMs weren't contacted is not at all the same as no one being contacted.

Like I said, in the post you quoted, it's nice to see people come out and give another side of the story.
great, hopefully you stick to this thought next time the media is quoted for pointing out something that opposes what you are arguing...

Old
01-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I heard a podcast from Kevin Allen, probably the most reputable hockey reporter in the US. He said that the early reaction for the Cammalleri trade was that we got robbed... He's suggesting that, as the dust has settled it's looking better for Montreal than the initial reaction... He mentionned specifically going from a 6 M to a 3 M Cap hit. It was also a very aggressive move on Feaster part.
definitely a pretty big risk on Feaster's part... getting Ramo, which may seem inconsequential now, may very well prove to be the best part of the deal for them (if they decide to move Kipper in the summer, or if Ramo decides to come over as his back up -which he indicated he'd be willing to do in a stark change from what he said about coming to be Price's back-up... understandably as it may be given Kipper's age vs price's age).

good trade for us, far riskier trade for them... that's how I see it.

Gauthier should have got more information about Cammy's potential worth before making the deal, but at least we didn't get as blindly robbed as we did in his Kaberle trade.

Old
01-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Frank Doby

- Cammy needed to be moved, his value was not very high, and the return we did get was pretty good considering.

I agree with this one, Cammalleri did not want to play with Plek, just with DD. Eller has not enough offensive skills to play with him. He forced the PG decision. Now he can play with a real center, Ingila. Very intelligent man!

Frank Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:38 PM
firewagon77*

Gauthier is a joke Serge Savard would never let his team get pushed around by their arch rivals the bruins ,he always had tough teams Nilan,Kordic,Rooney,Martinson,Roberge,Odelein,Ewen etc.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote