HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The idiocy of the trade Subban brigade embarrasses Montreal more than Gauthier does

Old
01-21-2012, 02:59 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Why are you responding someone who pops in to say the same thing every time only after losses?
The truth hurts, I guess.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:12 PM
blueinmtl

What is really embarrassing is the utter lack of patience for, and subsequent denigration of, a 22-year old being asked to do way too much too soon. He is our #1 d-man right now. Think about that.

PK is a superlative-skilled player. Wait a couple of years.

First thing to do is get rid of the things that can be corrected through mental recognition and discipline, the excessive taunting and occasionally dirty play like yesterday's. But give him time.

There is a long list of players we can trade off or dump in front of PK.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:14 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
What is really embarrassing is the utter lack of patience for, and subsequent denigration of, a 22-year old being asked to do way too much too soon. He is our #1 d-man right now. Think about that.

PK is a superlative-skilled player. Wait a couple of years.

First thing to do is get rid of the things that can be corrected through mental recognition and discipline, the excessive taunting and occasionally dirty play like yesterday's. But give him time.

There is a long list of players we can trade off or dump in front of PK.
I agree. I want to keep PK here. He just needs a much better supporting cast - especially on D.

Old
01-21-2012, 03:24 PM
thegreatgasby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I'm sick of Subban. There are so many things about his game that just bug me. I hate how he punches everyone in the corner in battles (see his roughing penalty last night.) He grabs sticks like crazy, it's a surprise he isn't more penalized. The slewfooting is so dirty it's stupid. He did it on one of pittsburghs goals last night, he takes out the guy in front on the second goal I believe. And then there's the diving/cowering from fights. If you're gonna play the way you do, be ready to pay the price. Don't dive or hide behind your teammates, because I bet the guys are sick of standing up for this *******. Also, why must you wind up so much for a slap shot when it's not gonna hit the net anyways? An 80 mph shot on net is better than a 100mph wide shot 100 times out of 100.
uhhhh....chill out buddy....he had 14 goals last year so i guess is shot aint a prob? take your pills watch something else if you cant handle it. pk does mistakes and its kinda normal, he plays versus the best ..nights after nights and hes -1 for the season
and near 20 pts ...and hes having a bad season..take a deep breath ...its gonna alright

thegreatgasby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Honestly, how many people are asking for PK to be traded?

I know of nobody personally and on this board I can only think of one individual. I'm not sure why this thread is even here. What's Melnyk talking about? Nobody wants this guy traded.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 01-21-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

So Melnick is inventing a brigade? Who wants PK out? I like Melnick. But his article is idiotic. And an idiotic article about something that doesn't exist embarasses Montreal more...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:56 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurHometown View Post
By Mitch Melnick

All of this drama giving more ammunition to those who believe PK Subban is too self centered to develop into a top flight defenseman is ugly. The idiocy of the "let's trade PK (and Price) brigade embarrasses this market more than Pierre Gauthier does. What's Drew Doughty doing in LA? Ok, I'll tell you.

Read more...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/sports/MM0058.php

Hey Mitch, you have your opinion, and we have ours. What makes forums so rich and diverse is the fact that we all have differing opinions. Yes it may create some controversy, but it's also what makes this board strong.

Just because you blogged an article, doesn't mean that you're right. mind you, I agreed with the rest of the article, but then again, in that case, we could both be wrong.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:58 PM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

I no of nobody personally and on this board I can only think of one individual. I'm not sure why this thread is even here. What's Melnyk talking about? Nobody wants this guy traded.
I think we all agree that Subban has value to the team, but he's certainly not untouchable, and for the right price, anyone is tradeable.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 03:59 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well dobne Mitch, now get Gauthier fired and McGuire hired!
The ex-Team990 now TSN 990 is a joke since the switch was made. From 6AM to 7PM it's all we hear all day long: Hire McGuire. It's a joke! The entire daytime cast is actively working to get McGuire hired and it's as transparent as a glass of water!!

First they got JM fired because they didn't like him. They question his "puck possession" plan like they know what is involved in coaching, playing or any hockey knowledge in any form other than their opinion which is as valid as anybody's on this forum. Actually, when Marinaro interviewed JM, JM dropped a good one at one of Tony's stupid questions: "If you had played the game Tony" was the opening shot in the answer. They spent the rest of the day picking apart JM's answers to make him look like a lying fool. They make the French media look like they have class.

Hiring McGuire would be the biggest mistake in the last decade for this team. if you are going to hire a new GM then get the best out there no matter the cost and McGuire is not the best option out there.

McGuire has zero experience as head GM. A losing record as coach. He knows his players and that's the extent of his qualifications. If we replace PG it had better be with a guy that has at least as much experience as GM. Whether you like PG or not is irrelevant he has the time put in to the job and I don't want another rookie coach or GM learning on the job to get fired and hone his trade elsewhere. Enough of that already.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Mitch is the only sportscaster, More that! I believe is real. A True Montreal'er!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:20 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

I no of nobody personally and on this board I can only think of one individual. I'm not sure why this thread is even here. What's Melnyk talking about? Nobody wants this guy traded.
I don't want him traded but he needs to be put in his place. That spectacle last night merits a trip upstairs no matter how much we need him on the ice. He screwed up and then tells the coach it was the teams fault for not being where he passed the puck? He caused that goal and he needs to man up and more importantly shut up.

I loved the guy before but he has been a problem lately and that needs to be corrected. The other players don't need this guy mouthing off to the coach and wondering what kind of dysfunctional mess they've gotten themselves into. We don't need to trade the guy but absolutely need to address this guys shortcomings.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
The ex-Team990 now TSN 990 is a joke since the switch was made. From 6AM to 7PM it's all we hear all day long: Hire McGuire. It's a joke! The entire daytime cast is actively working to get McGuire hired and it's as transparent as a glass of water!!

First they got JM fired because they didn't like him. They question his "puck possession" plan like they know what is involved in coaching, playing or any hockey knowledge in any form other than their opinion which is as valid as anybody's on this forum. Actually, when Marinaro interviewed JM, JM dropped a good one at one of Tony's stupid questions: "If you had played the game Tony" was the opening shot in the answer. They spent the rest of the day picking apart JM's answers to make him look like a lying fool. They make the French media look like they have class.

Hiring McGuire would be the biggest mistake in the last decade for this team. if you are going to hire a new GM then get the best out there no matter the cost and McGuire is not the best option out there.

McGuire has zero experience as head GM. A losing record as coach. He knows his players and that's the extent of his qualifications. If we replace PG it had better be with a guy that has at least as much experience as GM. Whether you like PG or not is irrelevant he has the time put in to the job and I don't want another rookie coach or GM learning on the job to get fired and hone his trade elsewhere. Enough of that already.
Very well said. The 990 McGuire propoganda machine is unbearable.

The last thing the Habs organization needs is a GM who has not held a management position in the nhl for 15+ years. Let someone else be the one to break McGuire in.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Very well said. The 990 McGuire propoganda machine is unbearable.

The last thing the Habs organization needs is a GM who has not held a management position in the nhl for 15+ years. Let someone else be the one to break McGuire in.
No of course not! Thinking outside the box is forbidden... lets just continue with the trash we have now & ruin the team into ground for another 10 years...

Old
01-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
No of course not! Thinking outside the box is forbidden... lets just continue with the trash we have now & ruin the team into ground for another 10 years...
employing a man who hasn't been in a management position in 15 years is not thinking outside of the box, it's being foolish.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:51 PM
neofury*

Quote:
He's a television personality. He isn't a legitimate candidate, but I guess not being stupid is too in the box for you

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:51 PM
MoonlightGraham

Agreed. PK Subban is one of the best players this organization has drafted in a long time. He's being asked to be a number 1 defenseman in a very high pressure city at an age where most young defensemen are either in the AHL or playing a depth role as NHL rookies. We need to live with his mistakes and let him mature into his role. Defensemen peak in their late 20s.

That being said, I think there are very few people who actually want to trade him and that he remains a very popular player. And those who do want to trade him are letting their frustration get the best of them. If he's traded I'm going to be very, very disappointed (unless we get an awesome return).

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Protest the Hero

How does everyone know what was said between Ladoucer and PK?

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:57 PM
RushDP

Quote:
I guess you missed the part where we hire the best possible guy in the business no matter the cost because you were too busy drinking the TSN990 kool-aid huh? How about thinking outside the box and actually hiring a professional GM not a guy who rode Bowman's coattails for years? A fact which McGuire does not hesitate to remind you of all the time..."well when i was with Scotty, we did...". What he forgets to mention is that Scotty decided what to do and McGuire followed orders.

There have been so many openings for GM's in the past few years and McGuire missed the cut with all of them YET we have to "think outside of the box" and hire a guy that EVERY other team passed on time and again? Right, good thinking.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:05 PM
onice

Quote:
employing a man who hasn't been in a management position in 15 years is not thinking outside of the box, it's being foolish.
That sorta thinking would never hire Lacroix in Colorado, Chirelli in Boston, Shero in Pittsburgh.

Pierre McGuire seemed to have Scotty Bowman's vote. I would think Bowman knows a little more about hockey than most on this board. Not all of you just most of you.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Protest the Hero

It's easy to look smart when you're only reminding people when you're right. Don Cherry does this all the time too.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://melnickblog.blogspot.com/

Did you really copy/paste his whole article to your website? Did you ask him for permission?

---

All good:

HunterZThompson Mitch Melnick @
@Sujuicy Yes. It's run by Chris Savard. He's the guy who put my personal site together & launched it. He asked if he could link up w/me.

Last edited by Jack Bourdain: 01-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
I think getting a walking Bilingual encyclopedia of knowledge is wrong, then get Patrick Roy then you guys have a better choice? I'm asking?

Old
01-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
That sorta thinking would never hire Lacroix in Colorado, Chirelli in Boston, Shero in Pittsburgh..
Chiarelli never had a 15 year hiatus from a management position. He was in Ottawa as assistant GM before he moved over to Boston.

Likewise with Shero who was an assistant GM for quite some time before being names GM.

All these guys worked their way up by maintaining managerial positions.

The last time Mcguire had a management position was in 96 with Senators.

Quote:
Pierre McGuire seemed to have Scotty Bowman's vote. I would think Bowman knows a little more about hockey than most on this board. Not all of you just most of you.
The question was asked to Bowman whether or not McGuire would be a good GM...did you really expect him to throw McGuire under a bus? Someone approached him with the question, Bowman did not come out on his own will to promote Mcguire. You need to keep things in context.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Andy

Quote:
I think getting a walking Bilingual encyclopedia of knowledge is wrong, then get Patrick Roy then you guys have a better choice? I'm asking?
I don't want Patrick Roy.

And being bilingual and having hockey knowledge doesn't really tell me anything. A lot of guys in hockey have excellent hockey knowledge. Hell people on this board have excellent hockey knowledge and are bilingual. Those aren't really high standards for a GM.

What has he proven? What are his experiences? He spent one year as an assistant GM with Hartford and 2 years as a pro-scout with Ottawa. That is his experience.

I'm not surprised he has been rejected by other teams. If he wants to be a GM, he needs to work his way up like others have. Having a couple of years in a management position followed by 15 years of no experience doesn't scream qualified to me.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:27 PM
gusfring

Quote:
So I guess Boston hiring Chiarelli with less experience than McGuire was a foolish move as well?