HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Datsyuk

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Syckle78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Let's notice Datsyuk is tied for 3rd in the league in points.

Not excited about this folks?
I have noticed and I have been trying to drive this fact into peoples on heads on the main board. Whether they want to hear it or not!

1.32 PPG in his last 30 games

Old
01-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Laughable?
Toews is an obvious candidate. That face-off win against datsyuk for the tying goal was an example of his value.
I am all for datsyuk as Hart winner. But The wings suck at marketing their players. I heard Paul woods, radio guy, calling Zetterberg the best player in hockey. When that kind of nonsense comes out of the wings media, there is not much chance of a datsyuk for hart campaign.
I don't mean Toews as MVP is laughable, I mean it's laughable that he's getting so much talk while Datsyuk isn't getting any.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
But for the record, I think Toews will be and should be a Hart candidate, I just don't think he should win. IMO it's either Claude Giroux or Datsyuk.
What about Malkin?

Old
01-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
What about Malkin?
Only 3 candidates!

Old
01-21-2012, 03:21 PM
andreydali19

Quote:
Originally Posted by markaswell View Post
ok, so, i'm pretty sure i have a serious problem.

I'm current;ly at an all-inclusive resort in mexico, with my girlfriend.....having a great time, great weather, unlimited drinks, food, beach, sun......

My girl wanted to go to dinner.....as did i.....

but not before i watched EVERY SINGLE CLIP from this thread, which i have seen NUMEROUS times before. i can't describe my love for pavel....He is far and away my favorite human being n the planet other than my family and friends - and he even trumps some of them!!!

as delusional as it sounds, i wouldnt trade pavel for crosby + malkin, or both sedins + kessler, or any other combination of players in the league. People talk about toews and his intangibles, but datsyuk puts up points....wins selke's, and still has a "je ne sais quoi" about him that is unmatchable.

Pavel Datsyuk, you are my hero.

xoxoxoxo........haha
Mexico?

/keed

Old
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Sentinel

From the "Sport-Express" interview with Datsyuk:

==============

"I'm more comfortable chasing Malkin. I want to ambush him."

"Do you follow your own stats?"
"Yes. Only the financial ones."

"It turns out, I'm very sympathetic to assists. In fact, twice as sympathetic than to goals."

Old
01-21-2012, 05:11 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
What about Malkin?
I'd cut out Giroux and go with Malkin, Datsyuk Toews

Old
01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post

==============

"It turns out, I'm very sympathetic to assists. In fact, twice as sympathetic than to goals."
Dude, if your English is good to be making these jokes, then it's good enough to be captain in my opinion. He's got the most heart on the team. He's the offensive core of the team. He's a great and humble guy. Make him captain.

Edit: apparently translated from a Russian interview. MAKE HIM CAPTAIN ANYWAY.

Last edited by Flowah: 01-21-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old
01-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Dude, if your English is good to be making these jokes, then it's good enough to be captain in my opinion. He's got the most heart on the team. He's the offensive core of the team. He's a great and humble guy. Make him captain.
People are always saying that his English is better than he lets on. He is crafty on and off the ice.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
I'd cut out Giroux and go with Malkin, Datsyuk Toews
I think it has to be Giroux. You trade your two best centers, one being your captain and take this 23 year old kid and make him your #1 center and he ends up leading the scoring race for a long period and now he's right behind Malkin.

Malkin has been a beast but I think Giroux has been better at all facets of the game and importance to their team. Pittsburgh has shown to be capable of being good without their top guys, Philly was terrible when Giroux was out.

Old
01-23-2012, 06:01 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post

==============

Anyhow, I think Datsyuk is teasing us. He's had 2 games to pile up points, but he has not.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:01 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post

Anyhow, I think Datsyuk is teasing us. He's had 2 games to pile up points, but he has not.
He made some great plays though.

For example in OT where he did a behind the back pass but Franzen shot it wide. It wasn't his best game, but he still created chances. He just has two glorified pylons on his wings. Give him a dynamic winger like Filppula, Nyquist or *cough* Parise *cough* and you'll see what kind of numbers he'd put up.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
He made some great plays though.

For example in OT where he did a behind the back pass but Franzen shot it wide. It wasn't his best game, but he still created chances. He just has two glorified pylons on his wings. Give him a dynamic winger like Filppula, Nyquist or *cough* Parise *cough* and you'll see what kind of numbers he'd put up.
I doubt Filppula or Nyquist could put up better numbers than what Franzen and Bertuzzi have.

I also don't think this board knows what the word pylon means. Franzen is still this team's best goalscorer and he's been playing decent lately. Datsyuk has never really had much chemistry with anyone not named Zetterberg and Hull. Shanahan? Nope. Hossa? Nope. And those are two of the best goalscorers in the history of the NHL.

Datsyuk loves having Holmstrom on his wing but that's no longer feasible. Fil and Z have been too good together. I think Bert and Franzen compliment Datsyuk nicely and they've been a proven combo in the past with either Datsyuk or Z.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:08 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:
I doubt Filppula or Nyquist could put up better numbers than what Franzen and Bertuzzi have.
I don't know about Franzen's numbers, but I am sure Filppula (and maybe Nyquist) would put up similar if not better numbers than Bertuzzi.

Quote:
I also don't think this board knows what the word pylon means. Franzen is still this team's best goalscorer and he's been playing decent lately. Datsyuk has never really had much chemistry with anyone not named Zetterberg and Hull. Shanahan? Nope. Hossa? Nope. And those are two of the best goalscorers in the history of the NHL.
Please Heaton, you cannot tell me you were satisfied with Franzen's display in regulation against Columbus. He was actually counter-productive and helped the BJ's more than anything. He was lazy, didn't battle and couldn't find the net. Bert has improved drastically since the beginning of the season. His stats show that, so does his performance. But when you have two guys like Bert and Franzen who have similar styles of play. Who have good hands but absolutely no speed, the opposition will have enough time to cover all shooting and passing lanes. If you have a Nyquist/Filppula - Datsyuk - Franzen line you have two dynamic players with a goalscoring winger, who will link up well and score at a higher rate. But that means you have second line of Bert - Z - Hudler. A ****ing trainwreck.

Yes, Franzen's production is streaky. He leads the team in goalscoring. Great. But he has 18 goals though. Other players who have 18 goals? Erik Cole (CB is going to be ecstatic) and Glencross. On a team that is amongst the top in team scoring. I'd be expecting more than that to be honest. He only shows up in OT, when the game is really on the line. Why? Because there is more space? Please.

Quote:
Datsyuk loves having Holmstrom on his wing but that's no longer feasible. Fil and Z have been too good together. I think Bert and Franzen compliment Datsyuk nicely and they've been a proven combo in the past with either Datsyuk or Z.
Holmstrom is a huge liability at ES right now. Datsyuk says it best, if you stop skating, you'll take a penalty. You won't take stupid penalties if you work hard every shift. Holmstrom goes for the dumb play because he can't keep up.

You need some kind of balance on a line. You can't have too much of one thing. But the roster right now doesn't allow for too much flexiblity in the top 6.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

I guess I see it differently. Franzen and Bertuzzi aren't great skaters, but they're not slow or sluggish. They both skate extremely well for big men.

I think Franzen a lot of undue ****, I think based on how the team is made up and what is expected of him he's pretty good. We're always going to expect more but he's on pace for 31 goals, one hot streak and that could jump closer to 40.

Obviously everyone (including Babcock) would like more consistency, but it seems like players think he plays bad 99% of the time, which isn't true.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Laughable?
Toews is an obvious candidate. That face-off win against datsyuk for the tying goal was an example of his value.
I am all for datsyuk as Hart winner. But The wings suck at marketing their players. I heard Paul woods, radio guy, calling Zetterberg the best player in hockey. When that kind of nonsense comes out of the wings media, there is not much chance of a datsyuk for hart campaign.
Detroit's radio programs never follow hockey, so I'm not surprised.

They only have one broadcaster that actually gives a damn about the sport, and he is a blowhard.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Jussha

I only have 2 major gripes with Franzen on the 1st line.

The first is he for some reason seems to struggle receiving passes from Datsyuk. I know this is for sure not on Datsyuk, because Holmstrom never had any problems back in the day receiving passes from Pavs. Also, what made Homer so effective with Pavs back in the day is that Homer not only could receive a pass, but he knew to give it back to Pavs right away.

The other problem with Franzen is he loses the puck a lot at the blue line when he carries it himself, especially to smaller Dmen.

Despite these gripes with him though, especially in the last 5 or so games, is that once OT hits Franzen becomes a different player. I can live with this right now because we are playing so well, but if the team ever starts to struggle in the regular season I hope Franzen would play more like OT Franzen than regulation Franzen.

Really the best winger for Pavs was Z when Z could skate and keep up with Datsyuk, and play the constant give and go game with him. Pavs and Z never lost their chemistry, its just that Z doesn't have the wheels to play that puck possession/give and go game with Pavs anymore, and the only one on the team who can probably play that game with Pavs at the moment is Filppula, but unfortunately Filppula has really helped solidify that second line with Z.

I know most are against this, but I think the best winger that we can get at the trade deadline is Hemsky. He may be struggling now, but obviously the wings have interest, and they have interest likely because Hemsky is a prototypical puck possession player, who skates extremely well. Put him on Datsyuk's wing and you will probably see an awesome combination as Hemmer should fit seamlessly into playing the puck possession/give and go game with Pavs.

If the rumors are true and we do end up getting him, I'd move Franzen into Hudler's spot on line 2 and Z and Franzen play well together, and Z Franzen Flip would probably be a better line than Z Flip Hudler.

I'd slot Hemmer with Pavs and Bert, and I think you have 2 awesome scoring lines.

If you can at the same time give up Hudler and get someone like Vermette to centre Line 3 and move Helm to line 4. Our forward corps I feel will be more skilled and a load faster than they currently are.

Hemsky Datsyuk Bertuzzi
Franzen Zetterberg Filppula
Cleary Vermette Miller
Homer/Mursak Helm Abdelkader

I like that forward corps going into the playoffs very much

Old
01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

I wouldn't hate getting Hemsky depending on the price. I think Roy is still the best idea besides Parise who probably won't be traded this season.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussha View Post
I only have 2 major gripes with Franzen on the 1st line.

The first is he for some reason seems to struggle receiving passes from Datsyuk. I know this is for sure not on Datsyuk, because Holmstrom never had any problems back in the day receiving passes from Pavs. Also, what made Homer so effective with Pavs back in the day is that Homer not only could receive a pass, but he knew to give it back to Pavs right away.

The other problem with Franzen is he loses the puck a lot at the blue line when he carries it himself, especially to smaller Dmen.

Despite these gripes with him though, especially in the last 5 or so games, is that once OT hits Franzen becomes a different player. I can live with this right now because we are playing so well, but if the team ever starts to struggle in the regular season I hope Franzen would play more like OT Franzen than regulation Franzen.

Really the best winger for Pavs was Z when Z could skate and keep up with Datsyuk, and play the constant give and go game with him. Pavs and Z never lost their chemistry, its just that Z doesn't have the wheels to play that puck possession/give and go game with Pavs anymore, and the only one on the team who can probably play that game with Pavs at the moment is Filppula, but unfortunately Filppula has really helped solidify that second line with Z.

I know most are against this, but I think the best winger that we can get at the trade deadline is Hemsky. He may be struggling now, but obviously the wings have interest, and they have interest likely because Hemsky is a prototypical puck possession player, who skates extremely well. Put him on Datsyuk's wing and you will probably see an awesome combination as Hemmer should fit seamlessly into playing the puck possession/give and go game with Pavs.

If the rumors are true and we do end up getting him, I'd move Franzen into Hudler's spot on line 2 and Z and Franzen play well together, and Z Franzen Flip would probably be a better line than Z Flip Hudler.

I'd slot Hemmer with Pavs and Bert, and I think you have 2 awesome scoring lines.

If you can at the same time give up Hudler and get someone like Vermette to centre Line 3 and move Helm to line 4. Our forward corps I feel will be more skilled and a load faster than they currently are.

Hemsky Datsyuk Bertuzzi
Franzen Zetterberg Filppula
Cleary Vermette Miller
Homer/Mursak Helm Abdelkader

I like that forward corps going into the playoffs very much
I liked what you said with regard to Franzen/Datsyuk, because I see the same thing.
Franzen doesn't have the patience/skill required in the offensive zone.

However, I am not in favor of having two checking lines.

Cleary Datsyuk Hemsky
Flip Zetterberg Hudler
Bertuzzi Boyes Franzen
Miller Helm Abelkader (holmstrom/mursak)

Last edited by RedWingsNow*: 01-23-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old
01-23-2012, 10:17 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
I wouldn't hate getting Hemsky depending on the price. I think Roy is still the best idea besides Parise who probably won't be traded this season.
The word over the weekend is that the Wings are concerned about Hemsky's shoulder.

Derek Roy is coming off an injury-plagued season and looks rough this year. I'm not sure how long we can count on a 5'9 center who plays at break-neck speeds to be durable.
But I like the idea of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Roy down the middle

Old
01-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Roy has been terrible this years (but so has every Sabre not named Vanek or Pominville.)

I think Roy could be an interesting buy low candidate. Our Center depth would be amazing and maybe a trade could be his wake up call. He's due 4m next year in the final year of his deal so if he don't pan out he's gone after next year. The only problem is his contract might hinder a possible run at Parise or Suter(if they indeed hit the open market.)

Other than Parise, my preference is still Ruutu. Roy would be nice and I wouldn't mind Hemsky though.

Old
01-23-2012, 11:16 AM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

Center depth is hugely underrated. Adding Roy could be nice because it gives us 3 pretty nice scoring lines. Helmer has been a good 3rd line center this season but he's hardly a scoring threat. Pushing him down gets Emmerton out of the lineup. Depth is key. Not a huge fan of Roy, honestly, but he's an upgrade.

Franzen-Dats-Bert
Filp-Z-Hudler
Mursak-Roy-Cleary
Abdelkader-Helm-Miller
Holmstrom-Emmerton-Eaves

I don't know how to feel about Hemsky. Nice addition when he's healthy but I almost expect him to be injured 80% of the time. He could put us over the top this season but there's a big risk that he'll be on the sidelines when we need him. Not worth giving up more than a pick for him, really. A shooter would be a better fit. Ruutu is a good fit but I would rather have a center.

edit: Whoops, didn't notice this was the Datsyuk thread and not the Trade Deadline thread. Still relevant here though.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

vCash: 50
Hmm i'm not sure if having Datsyuk and Hemsky on the same line is that great of an idea. They're both the 'pass first' type of player right?

I would like to see Hemsky though.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

What a goal tonight:

Old
01-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Claypool

I'm still on the Mike Knuble train. Gritty player who goes to the net to score. Adds some nice size up front. Probably wouldn't cost that much.

Closed Thread