HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dan Blackburn????

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
But that's a common ability. As I said, I tried and was completely retarded, flailing around blocking with my glove, trying to catch with the blocker. It was awful. Some people can swtich, but I think the majority cannot.
I'm also a lefty and while I can do a lot of things well with my right hand (including play guitar--I actually started trying to learn as a lefty but ended up much more comfortable the traditional way), some things--especially writing and throwing--are simply impossible.

Old
12-31-2005, 10:26 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I'm also a lefty and while I can do a lot of things well with my right hand (including play guitar--I actually started trying to learn as a lefty but ended up much more comfortable the traditional way), some things--especially writing and throwing--are simply impossible.
My right hand is like a palsy hand. I can't do a damn thing with it, hehehe...I just keep around to hold things down and stuff. Like an elaborate paper-weight

Old
12-31-2005, 08:17 PM
OlTimeHockey

I pretty much had a lame left hand after a severe car accident (I died but was revived) and now can pretty much do everything but write with it. Practice doing little things with the arm/hand and build. It's the only way. I went from lame to almost ambidextrous and now play guitar, bass, hockey and all with an arm that's stronger in arm wrestling and crooked so I can never get drafted (if we reinstated the draft). Try not to think of the arm doing the work but the (right) hemisphere of your brain getting familiar with the tasks you're trying and it might come easier (right brain-left hemisphere and vice versa).

Dan might be able to play again.......I think he was that good and his dedication might pay off. It'll just take a ton of energy and discipline and effort.

I hate the Rangers (though not as much lately.....our rivalry has gotten weak since our own Milbury did what no Ranger team could: kill our hopes), but I think Dan was a great guy in your nets just like Richter.

Closed Thread