HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ridiculous article on Habs in the Toronto Star

Old
01-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
lets for the record compare MONTREAL VS Islanders since Habs last cup

since 1993 to 2012 season( including this year.)

Islanders 12 time haven't made playoffs 13 this yr
Habs missed 6 times 7 this yr.
Detroit never miss since 1993 ,last miss playoff was 1989

Habs 641 wins since 93
Islanders 535 wins since 93
Detroit Red Wings 851 + wins since 1993

Islanders....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...anders_seasons

Montreal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...adiens_seasons

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-21-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Islanders from 1979 to 1992 missed playoff 3 year.....
4 stanley cups

544 wins

Montreal from 1979 to 1992 missed 0 playoffs
2 stanley cups
608 wins

Old
01-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i don't have the sharpest memory, but i don't remember la presse or any local newspaper writing an article about the leafs only.
And this article wasn't about the Habs only either

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:44 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
technically true...but it's toronto, so really it was

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
no they used two franchises that have been in utter dissaray for years to compare them to....and why? Do those 3 have anything in common? Not really. This was a thinly veilled attempt to skip in the garden of Montreal's dispair because for a brief moment in this last decade Montreal is behind Toronto in the standings. I hope they enjoy it as we will again be ahead next year

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:36 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
How quick everyone forgets JUST two years ago. That was WITHOUT Markov for most of it.

It's pure piling on. We have a lot to still be proud of and I'm confident that we WILL win a cup in the next 5 years. At least my rose coloured glasses allow me to see. I'm not blinded by the bs that gets in the way of making the right decisions and heading down the wrong path. We don't need anything close to a blowup of this team. This year's pick will definitely help, but we've got lots of help in the near future. I've had a hard time dealing with the fact that this year is just cursed, but now that I have I am very optimistic that we will be a force in the coming years. Worst thing we can do is overreact to all the negative criticism (that actually comes from within mostly). Amazing how the station that covers the Habs exclusively probably has the biggest hand in f'ing things up.
And look how far we have fallen in just two years.

All we want is a new perspective in Montreal. Gainey/Gauthier has proven to be a major failure and we are fast approaching the 10 year anniversary of Gainey's arrival in power and he is still here advising his pal Gauthier.

I am forever optimistic regarding the Habs. That optimism is taking a beating by the leadership that this team has after seeing reactionary moves and trades that end up leaving us little to nothing.

Enough already. I want us to have a competitive team like the Red Wings. The Canadiens generate $38 million a year more revenue than the Wings and operating income is $31 million a year more for the Habs...................and we sit by and watch the Red Wings thrive and the Habs flounder.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And look how far we have fallen in just two years.

All we want is a new perspective in Montreal. Gainey/Gauthier has proven to be a major failure and we are fast approaching the 10 year anniversary of Gainey's arrival in power and he is still here advising his pal Gauthier.

I am forever optimistic regarding the Habs. That optimism is taking a beating by the leadership that this team has after seeing reactionary moves and trades that end up leaving us little to nothing.

Enough already. I want us to have a competitive team like the Red Wings. The Canadiens generate $38 million a year more revenue than the Wings and operating income is $31 million a year more for the Habs...................and we sit by and watch the Red Wings thrive and the Habs flounder.
How far HAVE we fallen?

Last year we were pretty good IMO if you add Markov. It was still a step in the right direction.

I agree with you about the new outlook, but I guess what I'm saying is that it's already there, but we're putting everything under a microscope which prevents us from seeing that it's actually happening.

Cole
Eller
Pacioretty
DD
Emelin
Diaz

Bourque

These are all additions to the team which made us better or players who improved their impact factor/continued to rise (patches after the injury)

We've already gotten considerably bigger. Now we have to figure out the defence and get a little bit more rounded scoring. Leblanc is going to develop quite fast IMO. Tinordi will still take time, Beaulieu even longer, but my point is that I think the organization now knows what it has to do. A lot of other teams are also re-calibrating their recipes for success. PG is not as bad as he is made out to be. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is the Kaberle thing. Otherwise I think he's made very good moves. If he had done any less it would have been tanking in the previous season. I think we're building for the future, and honestly a real strong team could be as soon as next year.

I think we agree about what we want, but differ in our evaluation of the current management's capacity to deliver it.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

You team's been DOA since the day you hired that clown Tremblay as your coach. The utter stupidity of hiring a rookie with a history of bad blood with your superstar goalie is something from right out of the Charles Wang Playbook, and it's not gotten much better since. Too bad. I'm no Habs fan, but I'd rather see the Habs have success than see the Cup languish in places where peewee football is more popular than ice hockey. Thankfully, a sequence of Detroit-Pittsburgh-Chicago-Boston restores some modicum of dignity to our hallowed game.

StoneColdFlower* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
How far HAVE we fallen?

Last year we were pretty good IMO if you add Markov. It was still a step in the right direction.

I agree with you about the new outlook, but I guess what I'm saying is that it's already there, but we're putting everything under a microscope which prevents us from seeing that it's actually happening.

Cole
Eller
Pacioretty
DD
Emelin
Diaz

Bourque

These are all additions to the team which made us better or players who improved their impact factor/continued to rise (patches after the injury)

We've already gotten considerably bigger. Now we have to figure out the defence and get a little bit more rounded scoring. Leblanc is going to develop quite fast IMO. Tinordi will still take time, Beaulieu even longer, but my point is that I think the organization now knows what it has to do. A lot of other teams are also re-calibrating their recipes for success. PG is not as bad as he is made out to be. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is the Kaberle thing. Otherwise I think he's made very good moves. If he had done any less it would have been tanking in the previous season. I think we're building for the future, and honestly a real strong team could be as soon as next year.

I think we agree about what we want, but differ in our evaluation of the current management's capacity to deliver it.

I said a few days back, there will always be "bright spots" on any bad team.

The players you list are the bright spots.

How far have we fallen?

On track to have worst season since 1940 somethings at this moment..could get worse yet...

How far back is 60-65 plus years?

Joe Carveth 37 pts in 60 games for Habs

In 47 Elmer Lach had 61 pts for Habs out scored the Rocket

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-21-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old
01-21-2012, 05:55 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
How far HAVE we fallen?

Cole
Eller
Pacioretty
DD
Emelin
Diaz

Bourque

A team that almost made it to the Stanley Cup playoffs down to a 12th place team that will not make it to the playoffs. All during the leadership of Gauthier.

Pretty impressive display of managerial quality from Gauthier to bring a team down so far so quickly, dont you think?

Let me ask you a question. And you can answer it in one statement for brevity.

What do you like about Gauthier?

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
It's the Toronto Star. They're worst than anything you read here in Montreal. Literally.
At least there is no such drivel in the Cantonese/Mandarin-language media of Toronto. Well, for all things hockey-related anyway.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

The Air Canada Center is a passionless place. No joke.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote