HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2012, 04:07 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Philly is looking to make a move for to bring in a talented young Dman who can QB a PP and be effective in both ends. We have at least two of those guys who could be expendable for the right price (one or the other).
The FLyers are looking for a Dman, but more of a veteran presence with enough experience to take the load of Kimmo Timmonen. Young isn't what they want, they have that already in Mezaros and Coburn and some pretty good rookies and propects from the Phantoms.
THey need somebody to replace the more aggresive 'stay outta my zone' attitude that they lost with Pronger.
If they can't get that, they'll try for somebody with some experience . Tim Gleason is the name that has been rumored for a few weeks now.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
The FLyers are looking for a Dman, but more of a veteran presence with enough experience to take the load of Kimmo Timmonen. Young isn't what they want, they have that already in Mezaros and Coburn and some pretty good rookies and propects from the Phantoms.
THey need somebody to replace the more aggresive 'stay outta my zone' attitude that they lost with Pronger.
If they can't get that, they'll try for somebody with some experience . Tim Gleason is the name that has been rumored for a few weeks now.
This. They have enough young talent. Hal Gill would also be a nice piece for them, too imo.

Old
01-21-2012, 04:14 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
This. They have enough young talent. Hal Gill would also be a nice piece for them, too imo.
Hal Gill be be a great fit and has nasty attitude, which they need. With PRonger and Richards gone, they have nobody with that wolverine mentality in the D Zone with talent to act on it.
Gill would be a good fit and wouldn't too much.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I'd say Loktionov has been a nice surprise. As has the development of Kozun. 5th and 6th rounders right there.

A-mart was a 4th as well.

It's all in how you look at it.

And you have to remember guys like Shaw, and Grabner...they only got their chances because A) Injuries and B) playing for an incredibly thin team in depth.

We haven't had to deal with any of that stuff in the last 2-3 seasons. We've remained relatively healthy and have had one of the deeper lineups in the league.

Grabner was a score for sure. But remember, I am sure he was on A LOT of teams radar when he got waived by Florida. NYI was dead last and had first shot and they picked him.

Maybe if we were dead last and didn't have the depth you would be seeing surprises like Vey or Kozun already in the NHL.

Until then I am satisfied with letting our guys develop games in the minors rather then "surprising" us on a part time fill in role during an injury call-up.
That's very true. Lokti has been a nice surprise...the numbers aren't there yet, but he's looking very good, especially for a 5th. Martinez has been great, I'm a huge fan, but DL kind of pimped him after picking him. He was less of a 'surprise' I guess, but has been av ery good player.

Very good points though. I guess, in a way, we're sort of fortunate to not have to rely on some surprise takeovers, but I'm really hoping that one of these training camps, a top-sixer will emerge and rip a spot from someone.

I haven't been able to follow Manchester (or juniors) closely this year, unfortunately.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
That's very true. Lokti has been a nice surprise...the numbers aren't there yet, but he's looking very good, especially for a 5th. Martinez has been great, I'm a huge fan, but DL kind of pimped him after picking him. He was less of a 'surprise' I guess, but has been av ery good player.

Very good points though. I guess, in a way, we're sort of fortunate to not have to rely on some surprise takeovers, but I'm really hoping that one of these training camps, a top-sixer will emerge and rip a spot from someone.

I haven't been able to follow Manchester (or juniors) closely this year, unfortunately.
Yea I am with you on that. It would be great if say..Toffoli hits the ice next year and his just completely awesome, over expectations and makes the team. Those surprises are always nice.

Old
01-21-2012, 06:45 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

CBGB I for one am convinced one of your sources is on the training staff. The other happens to be your dog who is wrong 97% of the time.

P.S. tons of people on here despise Elliott, not sue why you think she's so loved.

Old
01-21-2012, 06:51 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I'm still waiting for us to randomly pick up a guy who becomes a great player for us via waivers or small trade or out of nowhere. Where's our Grabner? Where's our Andrew Shaw?
I remember people thinking what a steal Kyle Quincey was shortly after the Kings claimed him off waivers.

Of course, he was then traded away for Smyth.

Old
01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

CBC's Hockey Hotstove reported that Gleason and Ruutu will be on the move by Carolina, with the likely destination for Gleason being Philly and Ruutu to Boston.

Old
01-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

So it appears that Pierre Gauthier is on a west coast scouting assignment. He attended the Ducks game earlier today and is at yet another Kings game tonight. He must be making some of his players available.

There are also scouts from Toronto, Pittsburgh, Boston, St. Louis and the Rangers attending the game. I figure some of those clubs are watching the Avs that may become available at the deadline.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 01-21-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old
01-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
CBC's Hockey Hotstove reported that Gleason and Ruutu will be on the move by Carolina, with the likely destination for Gleason being Philly and Ruutu to Boston.
I still believe Ruutu would be a pretty good addition for us, depending on what we'd have to send back.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully12 View Post
I still believe Ruutu would be a pretty good addition for us, depending on what we'd have to send back.
It'd be a lot.

Old
01-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
It'd be a lot.
Ya I figured, but one can dream something around Hickey + would work.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:19 AM
yankeeking

not to beat a dead horse but if we do not ever try a kid from the ahl how do we know they can't outscore guys who can't score, lewis and richie work their butts off but they are no closer to being scorers of any kind then they were the day we got them, hunter works his butt off ,frasier too but they will probably not hit double figures ever, cliffy is just a baby, and whoever is centering the third line has these five to choose from so they won't score anytime soon, how are we to progress as a contender when the bottom six just doesn't score period. We will probably be forced to trade richards sooner than later if we do not get him a winger, the guy has stoll and penner on his line and has been taken off the first power play, how much fun can he be having playing when it is painful for us to watch.

Old
01-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully12 View Post
Ya I figured, but one can dream something around Hickey + would work.
Maybe Martinez plus a mid-low pick? I'll throw in Stoll too.

Old
01-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Face Wash

Here's some fun trivia.... Kings need LW help right?

What player not named Sedin has the second most points in the league among LW's?

Hint: He has really bushy eyebrows and he's JQ's Brother-in-law

Old
01-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Here's some fun trivia.... Kings need LW help right?

What player not named Sedin has the second most points in the league among LW's?

Hint: He has really bushy eyebrows and he's JQ's Brother-in-law
1. He is being mentioned every day on this forum so I don't think there is any need for hints and who-wants-to-be-millionaire type of questions.

2. Since you are posting it in this thread, I assume that you believe we should trade for him. Please, go on with a trade proposal that will make sense for both teams.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Mattias

Saw this on the main trade forum:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...h-jackets.html

"Don’t be surprised if Carter — ballyhooed as the long-awaited No. 1 center just six months ago — is sent packing to one of the many clubs in the NHL who are looking for a top-six forward."

I still want this guy on our team, I would happily give up Bernier ++ for him.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
If you ask if the guy is available and they say "no", you say "Ok, thanks". Not really insulting. If you ask and they say "sure, give me Brown" and DL says "no way". Again, not really insulting. If they respond when DL says no about Brown and they ask what he had in mind and he says "a 5th of Jameson". Then yeah, maybe they are offended. But I highly doubt a GM calls and inquires about a player unless they are ready to pony up.

Not fix it no, but help them I think.

Great, the point is nobody is untouchable and the Oilers still dealt Gretzky even though there were some how offended by McNall's inquiries. I guess the money healed the wounds. DL wasn't offended when Philly asked for the #1 prospect in the world. You'll never get anything if you don't ask. Something tells me GM's in the NHL aren't as sensitive as some of you guys think.
MAybe. I guess I just think there is a certain standard of respect among GM's that most would get a bit miffed at the least if someone came in and offered like Martinez for Henrique. You may be right. Hard to really ever know. Would be neat to hear someone ask a former GM this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Just guess somebody from Philly or SJ and you'll be in the hunt.
Out of curiousity but has DL really ever gone out to get many of his old SJ players and picks? I know we got McCaulay, but outside of him, have we ever got anyone from there? Seems like the focus has been more on former Flyers and Oilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Going by Matthew Barry's blog on Hockeybuzz where he mentioned Buffalo

How about:

F Dustin Brown and F Jarret Stoll (total cap $6.675) for C Derek Roy, RW Drew Stafford, and prospect and/or pick (total cap $8 million). Prospect and/or pick is comp for taking on the additional cap space and evening out the deal.

What say you Kings fans? I like Gaustad and hope he stays in Buffalo. What else other than scoring are looking for? Stay at home d-man? I don't think we can help ya much there.
We don't need Roy at centre and I don't think he'll do good on the wing. And why would we trade our captain? Stafford though would be interesting. Not sure what Buffalo wants for him, but I bet it'll cost more than we are willing to give. I'd still rather focus on Gaustad from that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
What will Dean do? Who knows....

All I know and want is not to get Hemsky. If he does... he should get FIRED IMO.

Sorry to get worked up there...
I'd take Hemsky, if the price is low (a 2nd at most) and we exhausted all other options. To me he's plan D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Martinez & a 2nd for Simmonds?
Done and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I remember people thinking what a steal Kyle Quincey was shortly after the Kings claimed him off waivers.

Of course, he was then traded away for Smyth.
And I'd do that deal again. Quincey is a nice player, but he's nothing special and we did get a guy who netted two 20+ goal seasons for us and was a key piece to two playoff berths. Smyth, outside of the way he left, was a good addition during his entire time with the Kings IMO. If not for his cap hit, I'd have been wishing he stayed here this year as well.

Also, if Quincey was still here, where would Voynov be? Likely the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
So it appears that Pierre Gauthier is on a west coast scouting assignment. He attended the Ducks game earlier today and is at yet another Kings game tonight. He must be making some of his players available.
This worries me. I can't think of one player the Habs might be moving that I'd want us to give up one of our NHL players for. I'm not sure why Gautheir is scouting our team, unless he's trading us a guy like Pacioretty, which would make no sense for the Habs. Whose he scouting? Lewis, Martinez, Richardson? I hope we aren't dangling Loktionov or Voynov, especially for anything the Habs might move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Saw this on the main trade forum:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...h-jackets.html

"Don’t be surprised if Carter — ballyhooed as the long-awaited No. 1 center just six months ago — is sent packing to one of the many clubs in the NHL who are looking for a top-six forward."

I still want this guy on our team, I would happily give up Bernier ++ for him.
I want him too. Much better cap hit than Nash, might cost less than Nash and has chemistry with Richards. I'd rather not move Bernier in a deal though until Quick is locked in.

Loktionov, our 1st, Blue Jackets pick of any prospect outside of Toffoli, and a conditional pick depending on how far we go in the playoffs (a 5th if we don't make it, 4th if we do and goes up a round for each round we win in the playoff. Would be a 1st if we reach the finals).

Old
01-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I want him too. Much better cap hit than Nash, might cost less than Nash and has chemistry with Richards. I'd rather not move Bernier in a deal though until Quick is locked in.

Loktionov, our 1st, Blue Jackets pick of any prospect outside of Toffoli, and a conditional pick depending on how far we go in the playoffs (a 5th if we don't make it, 4th if we do and goes up a round for each round we win in the playoff. Would be a 1st if we reach the finals).
Well, if who Blue Jackets want is Berner, I'm pulling that trigger in a heartbeat. We can't always go so conservative. I'm not the end all be all of trade value, but that seems like pennies on the dollar for what Blue Jackets paid for Cartner. Here's my realistic guess:

La:
Carter.
Mason/Sanford (whichever is worse )

Blue Jackets:
Bernier.
Voynov/Forbert (They pick one!)
1st.
Stoll.

Kings possibly even have to add more, Loki even? But that's my offer for what I believe would get the job done.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:23 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Well, if who Blue Jackets want is Berner, I'm pulling that trigger in a heartbeat. We can't always go so conservative. I'm not the end all be all of trade value, but that seems like pennies on the dollar for what Blue Jackets paid for Cartner. Here's my realistic guess:

La:
Carter.
Mason/Sanford (whichever is worse )

Blue Jackets:
Bernier.
Voynov/Forbert (They pick one!)
1st.
Stoll.

Kings possibly even have to add more, Loki even? But that's my offer for what I believe would get the job done.
That's not really any different than my offer in terms of value. All you're doing is taking out Loki and the conditional pick and putting in Bernier and Stoll (and adding in a goalie from their side as well.) Why would Columbus want Stoll?

I'd be fine with Loktionov, Forbort, a 1st and a conditional pick. And how is that pennies on the dollar for what Columbus paid to get him? They gave up Voracek, a 1st and a 3rd. Seems fairly even to me.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Why would Columbus want Stoll?
Tell me one team that wouldn't want Stoll. He is gold, he can get them into playoffs. That is why Stoll is part of any trade offer around here - because all other teams want him.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Out of curiousity but has DL really ever gone out to get many of his old SJ players and picks? I know we got McCaulay, but outside of him, have we ever got anyone from there? Seems like the focus has been more on former Flyers and Oilers.
Scott Thornton and Brad Stuart. Could also mention Tom Preissing, who wasn't a Lombardi era Shark but you can assume Lombardi spoke to his former Sharks associates regarding Preissing.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Tell me one team that wouldn't want Stoll. He is gold, he can get them into playoffs. That is why Stoll is part of any trade offer around here - because all other teams want him.
Quote:
T Why would Columbus want Stoll?
To be fair to Stoll, without his shootout goals last year, we don't get into the playoffs.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:49 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
To be fair to Stoll, without his shootout goals last year, we don't get into the playoffs.
And that matters to Columbus why? They are 20 points out of a playoff spot.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Stoll is salary, pure and simple. Any deal for a $5+ million contract, you send Stoll or Penner the other way. We have $785,490 in cap space.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Closed Thread