HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2012, 03:39 PM
  #51
Brozgalov
Registered User
 
Brozgalov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You dont start him for the hell of it. It is not how sports work. You play the person who is playing better. Its called rewarding a player. It's a team game for a reason, and hurting the other players on the team just because of how much you play one guy will not make this team win in the future. What kind of message does that show to everyone else if you continue to play a guy who he himself has said is playing bad? Its like you are giving them a free pass to play bad. I can assure you that if that mentality comes into play, this team will be drafting in the top 5 for some years.
I hear you, but I disagree with this instance. We decided to trade away our top 2 centers and sign a franchise goalie whom we aren't letting be a franchise goalie. If Bryz was being a ****** about this whole thing, then you bench him, but he isn't. He wants to get better more than anyone else wants him to. You don't see Lavy benching a defensemen who has a string of bad games. Why? Because he knows he will rebound. If you don't have that trust in Bryzgalov to rebound at this point, why the **** did you sign him for 9 years?

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
  #52
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,726
vCash: 500
I really believe that Bryz signing for 51 million has really messed him up mentally, emotionally etc.....I know many think that he is of the mindset that " i got my money, nothing else matters". But i honestly think that kind of money has added tremendous pressure and expectations on him above the pressure that playing goal in Philly already brings to a goalie.....I can bet you that Bryz would much rather be playing well and making 1 million a year than playing bad and making 5 million at the moment ?

Whether you like Bryz or hate him, i believe he is a VERY proud man, athlete, a good father and husband etc, and wants nothing more than to play well and help bring a cup to philly.....I really believe the $$$$$$$ is secondary overall.
I know many may not agree and think he is just all about the money and don't really give a rat's a$$ how he plays, but i disagree completely.I feel for the guy at the moment on many levels, and hope things start working out for him....He has the chance to do something very special here in Philly, as does our youngster BOB.....I am pulling for BOTH of them, as did i for Boosh, Leights etc..

Bryz needs to somehow try and come to grips that "everything" he does here in Philly will be compared to the " gold standard" who played here in the 1970s.....That's a tough gig to follow, but if he really immerses himself 100% he can work his way toward that hallowed ground and he will then be one happy camper in one happy universe !I would like nothing more than to see Bryz and BOB riding in a convertible down Broadstreet freaking out at the 2 million plus shouting their names.....

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
  #53
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
I hear you, but I disagree with this instance. We decided to trade away our top 2 centers and sign a franchise goalie whom we aren't letting be a franchise goalie. If Bryz was being a ****** about this whole thing, then you bench him, but he isn't. He wants to get better more than anyone else wants him to. You don't see Lavy benching a defensemen who has a string of bad games. Why? Because he knows he will rebound. If you don't have that trust in Bryzgalov to rebound at this point, why the **** did you sign him for 9 years?
Why the **** did the Flyers sign him for 9 years? Because the boss threw a **** fit after the playoffs and DEMANDED for it to happen. I honestly do not think there was any other reason, and that breaking the bank to sign a goalie was not part of Homer's original offseason plan. But he wouldn't dare defy the boss.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:00 PM
  #54
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
By saying he is a "sunk cost" you are saying he is done. You really think Bryzgalov will continue to suck for 9 years? You are freaking crazy to be honest. I love how everyone watches 25 starts from a goalie and he is now the worst goalie ever and can never turn it around. ****ing Martin Brodeur has looked like the worst goalie at times in his career... oh right hes the best goalie to ever play the game.

After saying that... someone might say, oh well Brodeur was good but he was more a product of the teams defensive style... Okay you can say that but you can't say Bryzgalov's bad play is the product of a teams poor defensive style?

Bryzgalov will steal games for this team but obviously he isn't there yet. You got him to solve the goalie problems and just because he has some issues in the first few months, you completely give up on him?! SUNK COST is the dumbest argument there is for this situation. You do this with a goalie like Bob, who has played good in his short career, but it is just that... short. If he sucks for a length of time, you give up on him. Bryz was brought here for a reason, and he will deliver on it, mark my words. Look around the league and see all the stories of goalies being great, sucking and then coming back to greatness. All of these in the midst of a backup trying to take over.

Start Bryzgalov now and get his confidence up, because I'm sorry, it is not about winning games now (unless you think we are Stanley cup bound this year). It is about the next 8 seasons and having a goalie ready for them. You really want to spot start him this year and have him come into next season with the same situation. That is ****ing waste of money and it's unacceptable.

That said, I understand you sit him to prove a point, but I'm pretty sure he gets the point. The guy is hard on himself and if you don't know that by now you're crazy. People argue that he "doesn't try hard enough." I'm sorry but he isn't Bob... He is a position goalie... someone who needs to be square to the shooter and control rebounds. All of these things come with confidence. People look at that and think hes lazy, but hes not going to be doing splits and crazy stick saves diving across the crease.

Start Bryz.
Where did I say that I gave up on Bryz? What I said is that the money spent on him is a SUNK COST. And it is... you can't get the $$$ back and you can't make decisions based on it anymore or else you'll only compound your mistakes.

What I said (pretty clearly) is that money is no longer part of the decision making. The money has been doled out. You can't get it back. Therefore you can't use Bryz's contract as the reason he gets the start. It doesn't matter that he was given 9 years / 51 million, what matters is who gives us a better chance to win, and that is SERGEI BOBROVSKY for the time being.

Could Bryzgalov rebound (pun intended since he gives up so many rebounds), sure... of course he can. And if he does, I'm happy to start him. But you don't give him the starts while he sucks just because he has a big contract... that's horrible judgement / management.

Bryzgalov should be benched until he can prove he is the better goalie... no questions asked. And if it doesn't happen this year and Bryz isn't mentally strong enough to get over it and prepare for next year, then OH WELL.

If this guy doesn't have the mental fortitude to handle a benching and use it to elevate his game, then he will N-E-V-E-R be the answer for us in the playoffs.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:01 PM
  #55
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Why the **** did the Flyers sign him for 9 years? Because the boss threw a **** fit after the playoffs and DEMANDED for it to happen. I honestly do not think there was any other reason, and that breaking the bank to sign a goalie was not part of Homer's original offseason plan. But he wouldn't dare defy the boss.
I certainly agree that Mr Snider [who i like a lot] gave Homer the green light and the green backs to finally curb our "goalie" woes. BUT folks gotta remember that Mr Snider is in his 80s and he is getting a little impatient ? I am sure he is really "gripping" at the moment along with Homer and BRYZ for that matter ?......Mr snider will always get a free pass from me, because i was one happy kid when he brought hockey to Philly back in 1967....Will always respect that guy even though he ain't perfect like the rest of us ?

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:12 PM
  #56
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,251
vCash: 500
The Goalie Guild said that Bob is one of the most improved goalies since last year.

He was raving about him last night.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
  #57
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It
 
Flyersfan1493's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Collegeville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I certainly agree that Mr Snider [who i like a lot] gave Homer the green light and the green backs to finally curb our "goalie" woes. BUT folks gotta remember that Mr Snider is in his 80s and he is getting a little impatient ? I am sure he is really "gripping" at the moment along with Homer and BRYZ for that matter ?......Mr snider will always get a free pass from me, because i was one happy kid when he brought hockey to Philly back in 1967....Will always respect that guy even though he ain't perfect like the rest of us ?
Snider didn't just give Holmgrem the green light, he basically held a gun to his head and told him "get it done."

Flyersfan1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
  #58
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
I hear you, but I disagree with this instance. We decided to trade away our top 2 centers and sign a franchise goalie whom we aren't letting be a franchise goalie. If Bryz was being a ****** about this whole thing, then you bench him, but he isn't. He wants to get better more than anyone else wants him to. You don't see Lavy benching a defensemen who has a string of bad games. Why? Because he knows he will rebound. If you don't have that trust in Bryzgalov to rebound at this point, why the **** did you sign him for 9 years?
Dude look at his stats...you can't keep sending Bryzgolov out there to let in 4 goals a night. He has had plenty of chances. Bob has been outstanding the last two games, imo it should be his job to lose now.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:34 PM
  #59
Brozgalov
Registered User
 
Brozgalov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Snider didn't just give Holmgrem the green light, he basically held a gun to his head and told him "get it done."
So did the entire fan base. Snider didn't need to hold the gun to Homers head... There wasn't one Flyers fan who was happy with the goalie situation we had. If you are going to say now that signing Bryzgalov was a dumb idea that is fine, but everyone was calling for it and was excited for it when it happened. I don't blame management at all for what they did. They bought out a very talented goalie for the rest of his career. Sure it looks bad now because Bryz isn't playing up to his normal self, but he will.

I just think everyone is overreacting and freaking out because of the money we spent on him, and then they turn around and act like its not about the money. I don't mean you specifically, I just quoted you for the first part of what I had to say.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:44 PM
  #60
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
So did the entire fan base. Snider didn't need to hold the gun to Homers head... There wasn't one Flyers fan who was happy with the goalie situation we had. If you are going to say now that signing Bryzgalov was a dumb idea that is fine, but everyone was calling for it and was excited for it when it happened. I don't blame management at all for what they did. They bought out a very talented goalie for the rest of his career. Sure it looks bad now because Bryz isn't playing up to his normal self, but he will.

I just think everyone is overreacting and freaking out because of the money we spent on him, and then they turn around and act like its not about the money. I don't mean you specifically, I just quoted you for the first part of what I had to say.
I am not going to lie I was excited about the signing and I can't really blame the management. They signed a good goalie but did not get one. At least so far.

There is still plenty of time for him to turn it around but I am not going to pretend I'm not worried.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 04:46 PM
  #61
Brozgalov
Registered User
 
Brozgalov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
I am not going to lie I was excited about the signing and I can't really blame the management. They signed a good goalie but did not get one. At least so far.

There is still plenty of time for him to turn it around but I am not going to pretend I'm not worried.
I'm worried too... about our defense...

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
  #62
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
Dude look at his stats...you can't keep sending Bryzgolov out there to let in 4 goals a night. He has had plenty of chances. Bob has been outstanding the last two games, imo it should be his job to lose now.
of course. but when Bryz gets back in, he needs to be given every opportunity

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:14 PM
  #63
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
I'm worried too... about our defense...
ditto!

I am going to bring my post from another thread:

But we also need to discuss that the other 20 players have played several games already like they had never practiced together before.

I understand, that my ststement will draw the slew of stats thrown at me (standings, points earned, goals scored etc.).

However, the way my favorite team has been playing troubles me a lot.

I know, that they ice a lot of inexperience players and Lilja, but the way they have been playing really frustrates me. And I do not want them to become Habs and rely only on the goalie (who has been remarkable the lsat 2 games) to win the games.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:43 PM
  #64
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
So did the entire fan base. Snider didn't need to hold the gun to Homers head... There wasn't one Flyers fan who was happy with the goalie situation we had. If you are going to say now that signing Bryzgalov was a dumb idea that is fine, but everyone was calling for it and was excited for it when it happened. I don't blame management at all for what they did. They bought out a very talented goalie for the rest of his career. Sure it looks bad now because Bryz isn't playing up to his normal self, but he will.

I just think everyone is overreacting and freaking out because of the money we spent on him, and then they turn around and act like its not about the money. I don't mean you specifically, I just quoted you for the first part of what I had to say.
No, I was perfectly happy w/ Bob. I said as much on this forum (if you were a member back then, you'd know this).

I also said the Bryz contract was a giant mistake before the season ever began.

I'm entitled to my opinion and entitled to criticize the decision since I disagreed with it from the start.

And I'm certainly entitled to expect the best player (BOB) to start from here until he falters. It's Bob's job now IMO.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
  #65
Appleyard
HFB Partner
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
I'm worried too... about our defense...
Actually... if you manipulate the stats so far this year, supposing that the roles are reversed, and Bob is number one, gets the same time in net as Bryz so far, and manipulate it so Bob and Bryz, at the end of the year, have equal stats (ie Bryz keeps playing the same but Bob plays worse in the second half, so at the end of the year they have the same games played and SV%, Bobs' GAA would be 0.14-0.16 higher that Bryz... indicating that the defense has actually played better in front of Bryz than Bob!

If you want to look at the workings go to the http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1077743&page=2

I do not hate Bryz... and hope he succeeds, but he is playing very badly at the moment, and it is not the D's fault, as they are seemingly playing the same, if not worse, with Bob in net.

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:40 PM
  #66
Brozgalov
Registered User
 
Brozgalov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
No, I was perfectly happy w/ Bob. I said as much on this forum (if you were a member back then, you'd know this).

I also said the Bryz contract was a giant mistake before the season ever began.

I'm entitled to my opinion and entitled to criticize the decision since I disagreed with it from the start.

And I'm certainly entitled to expect the best player (BOB) to start from here until he falters. It's Bob's job now IMO.
You are absolutely entitled to that opinion, and no I don't have opinions memorized with usernames so I wouldn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974
ditto!

I am going to bring my post from another thread:

But we also need to discuss that the other 20 players have played several games already like they had never practiced together before.

I understand, that my ststement will draw the slew of stats thrown at me (standings, points earned, goals scored etc.).

However, the way my favorite team has been playing troubles me a lot.

I know, that they ice a lot of inexperience players and Lilja, but the way they have been playing really frustrates me. And I do not want them to become Habs and rely only on the goalie (who has been remarkable the lsat 2 games) to win the games.
I agree completely. I also understand Bryz needs to get better too... but its not on him right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard
Actually... if you manipulate the stats so far this year, supposing that the roles are reversed, and Bob is number one, gets the same time in net as Bryz so far, and manipulate it so Bob and Bryz, at the end of the year, have equal stats (ie Bryz keeps playing the same but Bob plays worse in the second half, so at the end of the year they have the same games played and SV%, Bobs' GAA would be 0.14-0.16 higher that Bryz... indicating that the defense has actually played better in front of Bryz than Bob!

If you want to look at the workings go to the http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1077743&page=2

I do not hate Bryz... and hope he succeeds, but he is playing very badly at the moment, and it is not the D's fault, as they are seemingly playing the same, if not worse, with Bob in net.
That's great. What I meant is this team is terrible at holding a lead. Our system plays perfectly for scoring goals, but don't you think it should change when we are up by 2 or more goals?

We all praise Giroux for his defensive plays but look at his +/-. He makes remarkable defensive plays after he tries a blind pass through the neutral zone. Sure its awesome when it works, but when it doesn't, you had an odd man rush going the other way. Fans of the Flyers who don't watch other teams play really should (I AM NOT OCCUSING ANYONE, I BARELY WATCH ANY MYSELF), because our team doesn't know how to shut anyone down. That is a team system... not just a goalie who cant save, not just a weak defense, and not just poor backchecking and turnovers from the O. IT'S EVERYONE.

A lot of the so called weak goals on Bryz came from when we were up in the game and the opposing team capitalizes on turnovers. Should he have made the save? Maybe, but hes not expected to get a shutout every game either. Get a 2 goal lead and then stop playing the same system. Dump the puck in a forecheck until the horn whistles... I love Giroux but lately I feel like he is all about the points and not enough about winning games. That being said, his role is that of getting points so I love that about him. Lavvy is a smart coach, but we really need to stop forcing chances when we have a lead. Sure if we are down in the game, then you are pressing for a goal... you try things you shouldn't. There is no excuse for pretty plays when you have a lead. It's not about who can score the most points in the league, its about the team winning the god damned game.

I always end my rants with saying that I agree Bob has been playing better and Bryz needs to get better. We can all agree there, but there is also a major flaw in the way we play games... Pay attention and watch all the dumb passes for no reason. This is why I love Voracek and Couturier. They seem to recignize the situation and adapt their game. People want Voracek traded first if anyone is traded and I think that would be the dumbest idea in the world, but that is a different discussion.

/endrant

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:49 PM
  #67
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
So did the entire fan base. Snider didn't need to hold the gun to Homers head... There wasn't one Flyers fan who was happy with the goalie situation we had. If you are going to say now that signing Bryzgalov was a dumb idea that is fine, but everyone was calling for it and was excited for it when it happened. I don't blame management at all for what they did. They bought out a very talented goalie for the rest of his career. Sure it looks bad now because Bryz isn't playing up to his normal self, but he will.

I just think everyone is overreacting and freaking out because of the money we spent on him, and then they turn around and act like its not about the money. I don't mean you specifically, I just quoted you for the first part of what I had to say.
This is SO untrue! We didn't demand that Homer go out and give Bryz a blank cheque. There was absolutely no negotiation, Snider informed the world that the goaltending would be resolved and since there were only a couple of above average goalies around, it was pretty obvious who he was going for.

I don't have a problem with him getting $5 million a year. I have a problem with a 31 year old being signed to a 9 year contract with $10 million of that being paid in the first year. Someone who is mentally fragile, who played in anonymity in a city where hockey has no fans and no media and is now playing in front of fans who are over the top vicious when they aren't happy and sensationalistic media members who thrive on causing trouble. Instead of Snider taking a step back, or at the very least keeping his mouth shut, publicly, he announced his plans and didn't give Holmgren a chance to properly negotiate.

There's no doubt that none of us were happy with the goaltending situation for the past several years. The goaltending situation should have been dealt with long before June/2011 but Holmgren thought we would be just fine with Boucher/Leighton. We got SO lucky with Bob until he wore out due to being overplayed in the first half of last season.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:10 PM
  #68
achdumeingute
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb5064 View Post
That's great. What I meant is this team is terrible at holding a lead. Our system plays perfectly for scoring goals, but don't you think it should change when we are up by 2 or more goals?

We all praise Giroux for his defensive plays but look at his +/-. He makes remarkable defensive plays after he tries a blind pass through the neutral zone. Sure its awesome when it works, but when it doesn't, you had an odd man rush going the other way. Fans of the Flyers who don't watch other teams play really should (I AM NOT OCCUSING ANYONE, I BARELY WATCH ANY MYSELF), because our team doesn't know how to shut anyone down. That is a team system... not just a goalie who cant save, not just a weak defense, and not just poor backchecking and turnovers from the O. IT'S EVERYONE.

A lot of the so called weak goals on Bryz came from when we were up in the game and the opposing team capitalizes on turnovers. Should he have made the save? Maybe, but hes not expected to get a shutout every game either. Get a 2 goal lead and then stop playing the same system. Dump the puck in a forecheck until the horn whistles... I love Giroux but lately I feel like he is all about the points and not enough about winning games. That being said, his role is that of getting points so I love that about him. Lavvy is a smart coach, but we really need to stop forcing chances when we have a lead. Sure if we are down in the game, then you are pressing for a goal... you try things you shouldn't. There is no excuse for pretty plays when you have a lead. It's not about who can score the most points in the league, its about the team winning the god damned game.

I always end my rants with saying that I agree Bob has been playing better and Bryz needs to get better. We can all agree there, but there is also a major flaw in the way we play games... Pay attention and watch all the dumb passes for no reason. This is why I love Voracek and Couturier. They seem to recignize the situation and adapt their game. People want Voracek traded first if anyone is traded and I think that would be the dumbest idea in the world, but that is a different discussion.

/endrant
Could not agree with you more. Always trying to force the counter attack...and it ends up in stupid turnovers. Lots of no look stuff that sometimes works, and sometimes blows up.

The attitude to play defense isn't the same as the attitude to play offense. Some nights the commitment is there, and others, its not.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:35 PM
  #69
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd* View Post

And I'm certainly entitled to expect the best player (BOB) to start from here until he falters. It's Bob's job now IMO.
I venture to say Bob played great vs NYI in general, but let in a softie unscreened / untipped goal.

i think it's Bryz's job to lose.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:50 PM
  #70
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 51,055
vCash: 500
Bryz has done his absolute best to lose the job. Bob, however, hasn't shown he can firmly take over. He's improved, but I don't know that he can be a starting goalie yet. So...the goaltending carousel continues until someone can firmly take control.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:14 PM
  #71
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Bob, however, hasn't shown he can firmly take over. He's improved, but I don't know that he can be a starting goalie yet.
letting in goals like goal #2 in the WC, and the 3rd goal - the one he flubbed vs NYI says he needs to get better

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
  #72
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 120,329
vCash: 302
In offseason what do you think chances are that Bobrovsky gets moved?

Would love him in Chicago

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:48 PM
  #73
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
In offseason what do you think chances are that Bobrovsky gets moved?

Would love him in Chicago
i can't look past 3pm today, let alone the off season

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:51 PM
  #74
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
great to get the 2 points .. loved Bob's aggressiveness & positioning midway thru the 1st ... but right afterward, he was too far back and to his left .. that 1st goal should not have gone in.

liked his aggression & advancing the puck to pressure FLA, too.

most shots he gloved confidently, a few exceptions though

goal #2 could have been stopped if he wasn't flopping around .. Versteeg never attempted to shoot, he knows they had numbers, he's gotta make a better effort at / read that pass that was sure to come once Versteeg went by without shooting

SO:

no shot on net

great save on the 2nd breakaway ... good following it into his glove

calm save on #3 as well


great way to enter the break !

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:06 PM
  #75
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American
 
Ilkka Sinisalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Perth, W.A.
Country: Australia
Posts: 13,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
In offseason what do you think chances are that Bobrovsky gets moved?

Would love him in Chicago
probably not great odds on that unless bryz improves significantly. bobrovsky is still good, young and cheap. they'd have to get something good back to let him go.

my solution (the last two offseasons) for fixing the flyers' goalie woes was to do whatever possible to pry tuukka rask free from the bruins. maybe a pipe dream, but it might have been doable.

Ilkka Sinisalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.