HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames win 6-2...is anybody really surprised?

Old
01-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Asher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schai View Post
Souray was right. It is not about city. NHL players, like Pronger, have problem with Oilers management.
Actually it was Mrs. Pronger and her problem was with the lack of shopping options.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:42 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Oh Bob please stop trying to rationalize this debacle of a season. Just stop.
do tell for those of us who can't stomach his tripe

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vomiting Kermit View Post
Are we sure he said that? When he was by the bench I thought he said "I'm sorry."
That's what I thought as well, but I was watching on my laptop so I'll defer to those that were watching on big screens.

The coach needs to go, this much is for certain. These guys don't take Renney seriously and as bad as it might sound, someone has to take the fall to lift the losing atmosphere off of this club.

Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Some people are over reacting. Sure Hall was pissed, but arent we used to this by now. He wants to win. He though coming back from his injury would re vamp the team. it didnt.....

Johnny Bravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vomiting Kermit View Post
Draft party is at Hudson's on Whyte this year. First hundred fans get a free drink at the 2013 shindig.
The sad thing is that fans will actually go there and celebrate...free drinks or not.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
no doubt about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Just mail 'em to me and I'll burn the **** out of them, I promise.
******** man I post the pics. all the way from Calgreedy

no doubt about it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Horseradish

I don't think firing Renney is necessarily a great answer right now, and I don't really think he's a bad coach, but like MacT's tenure here at the end, the team is not performing for him, he's obviously frustrated and discouraged by the crap he has on his roster, and players are turning on him. I'd prefer them to can the management and let the new guy step in and decide if he wants Renney there or not, but a team playing THIS badly needs a shake-up, and Renney pulling Dubnyk was the final straw for me. If Tambo isn't gone before the next game, I hope Tambellini is. This is just ridiculously bad. Until the Oilers can put two wins together in a row again, I'm not gonna bother with watching this pathetic team and support these pathetic shenanigans. I'm at the breaking point and I'm perfectly happy ignoring this team for the most part until I see some kind of light at the end of this never ending tunnel.

Horseradish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
I hope Renney gets canned. Just like Savard getting canned in favor of Quennville, this team needs a new coach. One that doesn't just "expect" accountability but demands.
As a matter of fact, I hope Hall throws a hissy fit to show his disgust just to get Renney canned.
Tambellini needs to go as well. The reason for the team struggling is more on Tambellini by not giving Renney the players. Tambellini is an idiot and wants to tank.

CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Hahahahaha, what a stooge.

"Buuuuut, we've got lots o' key injuries."
Calgary is missing Glencross and Tanguay

2 of their top 6 players....weak argument

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
do tell for those of us who can't stomach his tripe
I did listen to a portion of the game where Bob was complaining about the team's lack of toughness, singling out Jones, Peckham, and Teubert for not fighting enough.

Yeah, that's what will turn things around, more fighting majors!

Old
01-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Alberta tough

This is the lowest I have felt as an Oiler fan. Managment, coaches, some of the players just don't seem to care so why should I?

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:45 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
I don't think firing Renney is necessarily a great answer right now, and I don't really think he's a bad coach, but like MacT's tenure here at the end, the team is not performing for him, he's obviously frustrated and discouraged by the crap he has on his roster, and players are turning on him. I'd prefer them to can the management and let the new guy step in and decide if he wants Renney there or not, but a team playing THIS badly needs a shake-up, and Renney pulling Dubnyk was the final straw for me. If Tambo isn't gone before the next game, I hope Tambellini is. This is just ridiculously bad. Until the Oilers can put two wins together in a row again, I'm not gonna bother with watching this pathetic team and support these pathetic shenanigans. I'm at the breaking point and I'm perfectly happy ignoring this team for the most part until I see some kind of light at the end of this never ending tunnel.

I agree.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Actually it was Mrs. Pronger and her problem was with the lack of shopping options.
Yes it was Lauren but her problem was our tanning beds only give a Persian Orange hue and not the Burnt Orange she desires.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
The sad thing is that fans will actually go there and celebrate...free drinks or not.
I'll celebrate one more high pick, however if they don't change the coach and improve this roster by teh start of next season those that remember my "Fire MacT" rants will see that kind of disgust aimed directly at management.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Get a coach that knows how to utilize the personnel properly and knows how to properly manage in game situations and watch this team flourish. I'm telling you, coaching is the MAIN problem. There are other issues as well but the coaching is the root of the problem with this particular team.

Hire Lindy Ruff when he is fired or resigns at the end of the season or bring in Carlyle, there will be options out there in the offseason.
Carlyle just lost a team full of superstars and couldn't even Perry, Getzlaf, and Ryan to get motivated and produce. No thanks.

I'm sorry, but I simply cannot pretend that if this team had Ruff, Hitchcock, etc. that this team would somehow be a playoff team.

This team is a lottery team because we have terrible bottom 6 players, and I mean TERRIBLE. We have awful defense other than Smid and Gilbert, and half of that duo is hurt. Lastly, we have ZERO secondary offense and our THREE best forwards have all been out this year.

I'm fine with Renney being fired, I'm just not going to pretend that this team is going to turn it around if/when it happens.

If they do, I'll happily eat crow because it will mean we are winning. Win-win scenario I guess.

SDig14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:47 AM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 202
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Battle of Alberta my ***. I only ever seem to see one team battling out there for the most part. More like the Turkey Shoot of Alberta, and the Flames are the ones holding the guns. Pathetic. The depth on defense is so horrific, I would trade for another 10+ picks and use every single one of them, including the Oilers' own picks, all on defenseman prospects and pray.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

Renney's done. He has to have lost the room. Tambo as well. Get him out of here. This is beyond embarrassing. What a laughing stock the Oilers are to the rest of the league. If I was Taylor Hall, I would look to get the hell out of here as soon as possible. And I'm an Oilers fan.

runeeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OntOilFan

Four pages and no Smiling Tambo? I love that picture.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
I did listen to a portion of the game where Bob was complaining about the team's lack of toughness, singling out Jones, Peckham, and Teubert for not fighting enough.

Yeah, that's what will turn things around, more fighting majors!
I'd like to see more toughness as well, however the guys aren't playing for Renney so why in the hell would they fight for him?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Battle of Alberta my ***. I only ever seem to see one team battling out there for the most part. More like the Turkey Shoot of Alberta, and the Flames are the ones holding the guns. Pathetic. The depth on defense is so horrific, I would trade for another 10+ picks and use every single one of them, including the Oilers' own picks, all on defenseman and pray.
PRV, Gagner and a 2nd for Weber. I'm just sayin'...

Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'll celebrate one more high pick, however if they don't change the coach and improve this roster by teh start of next season those that remember my "Fire MacT" rants will see that kind of disgust aimed directly at management.
I couldn't disagree more.

I think its sad that Oiler fans 'celebrate' sucking so bad that they get get a handout from the League to try and improve.

Doing it once is bad enough...doing it 3 times is embarrassing.

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Like I said earlier, I don't think that the Oilers are going to make a coaching change at this juncture (they want to lose, lose and lose some more) but it really does seem that the lockerroom is getting a little poisonous.

I'm sure that the Oil Change propaganda machine will do a good job of sugarcoating it.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
S Crumb

I tried to fight my instincts and stay positive but I have had it for this year. Wasn't expecting much but this team is worse than last year. We added a top 20 NHL scorer at 18 years old and we are a worse team. How is that possible? October can't come soon enough for me.

S Crumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Why celebrate a lottery pick this year? I'll embrace the player, but I don't think I can manage to see Tambo's ugly mug at the TSN draft lottery this spring.

Duthie: "You gonna be here next year Tambo?"

Tambellini: "Hahaha. Not a chance James. And this time I mean it."

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
PRV, Gagner and a 2nd for Weber. I'm just sayin'...
Yeah I'm sure Nashville will be all over that one.

Insta is offline   Reply With Quote