HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#49: Kings vs. Avalanche 1/21/12 1-3 Loss THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
01-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Face Wash

vCash: 500
Lombardi is foolish if he thinks this team is making the playoffs... our 2nd, 3rd and
4th lines are *******. Period.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Can we trade Stoll for a zambonie? I think we need to add though.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:29 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Jarrett Stoll needs to be traded now. Before he has negative value. Please.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:31 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Brown and Williams not real happy with the effort by the team, especially getting out worked in their own building.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:32 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
With regard to the offense, enough is enough. Enough was enough a long time ago. I don't expect anything to happen on that front even though it should. This was one of the worst sports days for me of the last few years. Not a happy camper tonight
Me too, Watching both my favourite teams lose 3-1, I feel like breaking something Liverpool without Suarez is like the Kings powerplay, S@#$!

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I feel bad for fans going to the games... They're just brutal to watch and the Kings are more likely to lose than win at home (home record 13-11-4).

Many people seem to advocate a shakeup. They had their shakeup when Murray got fired. It only lasted a couple of weeks, now they're settling in and getting comfortable playing like they don't give a **** once again. Until these guys figure out that they need to bring it every game for 60 minutes they're going nowhere.

God I'm so frustrated.
Now players leave.

Lombardi didn't like removing players from the room, but there is no longer any other recourse. They haven't played well enough to stay together.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
LA's greatest moment of 2011? Murray getting fired.

LA's greatest moment of 2012? Lombardi getting fired.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:33 AM
bobafettish*

3.6 million for faceoffs
4.25 million for media punching bag.

do something DL!!!

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
no name

Three times Penner of all people is leading a rush the other way and he passes three feet behind Richards causing it to go the other way while the offense inertia is carrying them opposite.

There is lots of bad play but nobody raises my brow like Penner game in and game out. People give his ****** effort on and off the ice a pass because they think he's talented. I think he's a terrible hockey player. Can't pass, can't play physical, doesn't use his frame to protect the puck, gives up on plays when he makes a mistake. And he's on the second line. And he's playing every game. Not an NHL hockey player. He's a quitter and I don't think it's a huge stretch to believe he's beefing it on purpose to force a sit or trade.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
16 games of Sutter and the offense still sucks.
16 games of Sutter is not going to wipeout 3+ years of Murray

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:38 AM
acrethrills

Can we seriously fire Kompon already? I know this isn't an innovative idea around here but EVERYONE agrees he's not good right? If our PP was just a little bit better, like even 1 goal every three games better, we'd have an extra 4-5 wins and the division lead.

DL doesn't have to find a miracle on the dry winger trade market. Answer is right there... I think that's why we're all so frustrated.

acrethrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrethrills View Post
Can we seriously fire Kompon already? I know this isn't an innovate idea around here but EVERYONE agrees he's not good right? If our PP was just a little bit better, like even 1 goal every three games better, we'd have an extra 4-5 wins and the division lead.

DL doesn't have to find a miracle on the dry winger trade market. Answer is right there... I think that's why we're all so frustrated.
Ohhhh no. Given that the Sutter hiring still has this team stinking it up offensively, I can't bring myself to believe that firing another coach is the sole thing wrong with this offense. I just can't. There are major player personnel issues. Like Penner and Stoll, and a third line that isn't scoring...major issues.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:43 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawdler View Post
16 games of Sutter is not going to wipeout 3+ years of Murray
Yep. It's going to take until next years training camp before you'll see any change in the offensive approach.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:45 AM
acrethrills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Ohhhh no. Given that the Sutter hiring still has this team stinking it up offensively, I can't bring myself to believe that firing another coach is the sole thing wrong with this offense. I just can't. There are major player personnel issues. Like Penner and Stoll, and a third line that isn't scoring...major issues.
I'll agree that we have personnel issues at even strength, but by and large those issues aren't big enough to affect us too negatively defensively.

Our power play on paper should be so much better than it is. It looks like slo-motion out there.

To quote Kompon's basketball anology: "We're taking fadeaway jumpers out there." No, you're not, because even a terrible basketball player will go better than 3 for 63 or 'insert actual' numbers on fadeaway jumpers.

acrethrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:46 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Been a big fan of Sutter but disagree with his move tonight. At first he seem to be doing the right thing by first demoting Stoll and then appearing to bench him... But he put his useless ass on the power play and sure as pig happy in ****. He takes a penalty.

Listen guys. Stoll isn't gonna get traded. Who wants a pending UFA who's is playing like crap? (same goes for the trade Penner folks, although Penner has been much better of late). As we all know DL NEEDS to get a top 6 right winger for the 2nd line. That's the biggest hole on the team! (then we need to get some with some ability to score goals for the 3rd line) and I think this team is in very good shape then.

As far as I'm concerned Loktionov has already taken Stoll roster spot. If we can make some decent trades before the deadline I'd be fine with putting him on waivers and eating whatever little left we have to pay him.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Lombardi has assembled a team that is incapable of scoring. Six out of 10 games in January have ended with the Kings scoring one goal (or less). The offense has been unbelievably terrible and nonexistent, to the point where I don't think it's just the coaching. These players simply don't mix and mesh together. There is zero cohesion out there. Passes aren't tape to tape, they fail to get to the prime scoring areas.

I find it astonishing how Lombardi can sit on his hands for this long, four months into the season, and still do nothing on the player personnel side to address this problem. It has been an issue for this team for many years. These players aren't suddenly going to learn how to score on a flip of a switch. They lack the personnel that is capable of putting the puck in the net.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:57 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Stoll & Penner needs to be traded. We need some offense for our bottom 6.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Bandit

Happy thoughts for the night:

- Wayne Simmonds has the same number of points as Mike Richards.
- Our bottom six has 9 goals. Total. All season.
- Matt Greene has as many goals and points as our highest scoring bottom six player.

Everyone that matters in the division lost and the Kings can't capitalize. Happy Birthday Quick! Here's one goal, don't spend it all in one place!

*******s.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Face Wash

I think Loktionov needs to be in Manchester hasn't adjusted to the speed and strength of the league. Only occasionally makes nice plays with the puck. Never wins puck battles.

Lewis, Richardson, Hunter, Fraser & Stoll should be 4th liners at this point... Penner needs to be put out of his misery, the Kings need to shore up the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:02 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERYONE View Post
Do this! Do that! Fire xxxxxx! Trade xxxxxx!
I don't think any one move is going to "fix" this team. So much of sports can be psychological; that's why it can be so difficult to put your finger on exactly what's wrong with a team.

When you lose confidence in any aspect of your game --and it's negatively reinforced over and over again-- it becomes a huge hurdle to overcome. I think that's where the Kings are at offensively right now. They're not used to scoring anymore. They don't expect to score. They're questioning their own ability to score as a team. They have no confidence that they can produce offensively.

I think they needed a fresh start. I don't think Sutter was able to give it to them.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:03 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Happy thoughts for the night:

- Wayne Simmonds has the same number of points as Mike Richards.
- Our bottom six has 9 goals. Total. All season.
- Matt Greene has as many goals and points as our highest scoring bottom six player.

Everyone that matters in the division lost and the Kings can't capitalize. Happy Birthday Quick! Here's one goal, don't spend it all in one place!

*******s.
thanks for that, my anger almost subsided until i read this.....

Old
01-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Lombardi has assembled a team that is incapable of scoring. Six out of 10 games in January have ended with the Kings scoring one goal (or less). The offense has been unbelievably terrible and nonexistent, to the point where I don't think it's just the coaching. These players simply don't mix and mesh together. There is zero cohesion out there. Passes aren't tape to tape, they fail to get to the prime scoring areas.

I find it astonishing how Lombardi can sit on his hands for this long, four months into the season, and still do nothing on the player personnel side to address this problem. It has been an issue for this team for many years. These players aren't suddenly going to learn how to score on a flip of a switch. They lack the personnel that is capable of putting the puck in the net.
Lombardi doesn't see a problem. He has built his perfect team.

Strong goalies
Strong defense
Strong up the middle

Until Lombardi changes his MO, nothing is going to change. He had a chance with Murray getting fired by AEG. Instead he keeps the assistants and hires a defense only coach with a worse offensive track record.

AEG needs to fire Lombardi befor he is able to make more trades. It shouldn't take 7 years to build a balanced team, especially when your ownership allows you to spend to the cap. 30th in offense and near the cap.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Williams
After the game, I said to Quickie, `Hang in there buddy, we’re going to get this.’ I know he’s frustrated, obviously, with the late penalty. He’s frustrated that we’re not scoring goals and supporting him. I’m sure he will never say that, but we’ve got to do that for him as well.
1. You're ******* right he would never say it.
2. You should all be embarrassed to a man that you're wasting one of the best seasons a Kings goalie has ever had.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:07 AM
bobafettish*

somebody said it in the GDT. if i were quick i wouldn't sign an extension and if DL doesnt get this cluster **** we call offense fixed, bail.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
I think Loktionov needs to be in Manchester hasn't adjusted to the speed and strength of the league. Only occasionally makes nice plays with the puck. Never wins puck battles.

Lewis, Richardson, Hunter, Fraser & Stoll should be 4th liners at this point... Penner needs to be put out of his misery, the Kings need to shore up the 2nd and 3rd lines.
I quite like the Lokti, Lewis, Richardson line, I never think they're going to score, but they play with energy and create half chances. It just seems like the 2nd line and powerplay are as flat as one of Penners pancakes.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote