HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#49: Kings vs. Avalanche 1/21/12 1-3 Loss THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
01-22-2012, 01:11 AM
fsanford

vCash: 500
Put Stoll on waivers, trade a 5th rounder to Oilers for Belanger.

Stoll has 1-2 penalties per game, he cannot score.. He is a huge liability..

At least he is an UFA....

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
1. You're ******* right he would never say it.
2. You should all be embarrassed to a man that you're wasting one of the best seasons a Kings goalie has ever had.
Agreed 100%. Given the slop we've had in net over the years, I honestly never expected we'd have a goalie play like this for us. And now we do, and look at the results. It stings, bad. The lack of goal support for Quick is frustrating.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:15 AM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Happy thoughts for the night:

- Wayne Simmonds has the same number of points as Mike Richards.
- Our bottom six has 9 goals. Total. All season.
- Matt Greene has as many goals and points as our highest scoring bottom six player.

Everyone that matters in the division lost and the Kings can't capitalize. Happy Birthday Quick! Here's one goal, don't spend it all in one place!

*******s.
Richards plays on a line with Jarret Stoll and Dustin Penner,
the fact Richards is tied in points with Wayne, is nothing shore of a freakin miracle..

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:18 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
...they fail to get to the prime scoring areas. ...
This is what it comes down to. The Kings do not consistently fight battles for the front of the net, never mind win them. For a few weeks there, they did--and they beat good teams. Since then, they've backed off again, and we're back to the perimeter offense. With their perimeter offense, they're good for about a goal per game, frequently enough to get to overtime, but rarely enough to win a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
I think Loktionov needs to be in Manchester hasn't adjusted to the speed and strength of the league. Only occasionally makes nice plays with the puck. Never wins puck battles.
Totally agree. He's looked lost for a few weeks now, and is playing a very passive game. I don't know if it's confidence or what, but he's just not contributing very much at all.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
****ing stupid ****ing team. Needs to start playing better against teams that suck. Thank you Stoll. I now have to run out and buy another remote.

So ****ing frustrating that it's the same thing every game and nobody is doing anything about it.
Come on, we're not that bad.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:22 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

If Sutter is going to make Penner-Richards-Stoll the checking line, then we better see some offense from the third line. We have one scoring line right now. ONE!!!!

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:24 AM
SFKingshomer

Sure hope Lombardi doesn't make a trade

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Been a big fan of Sutter but disagree with his move tonight. At first he seem to be doing the right thing by first demoting Stoll and then appearing to bench him... But he put his useless ass on the power play and sure as pig happy in ****. He takes a penalty.

Listen guys. Stoll isn't gonna get traded. Who wants a pending UFA who's is playing like crap? (same goes for the trade Penner folks, although Penner has been much better of late). As we all know DL NEEDS to get a top 6 right winger for the 2nd line. That's the biggest hole on the team! (then we need to get some with some ability to score goals for the 3rd line) and I think this team is in very good shape then.

As far as I'm concerned Loktionov has already taken Stoll roster spot. If we can make some decent trades before the deadline I'd be fine with putting him on waivers and eating whatever little left we have to pay him.
I agree with you 100%. I said something similar last time when Sutter put Stoll on the last PK and it costed us.

This stuff happens because of his philosophy : best players don't need to play, I will "reward" players who hustle. He should stop "rewarding" Stoll during last 5 minutes.

By now I think it's perfectly clear that Sutter has couple of favorite players: Stoll and Richards, and Clifford to some extent. What these players have in common seems to be only their hustling on the ice. After all Richards is one of the smartest Kings players and Stoll is one of the most stupid. It does however bother me that both of them are Kings leaders when it comes to taking stupid penalties. Stoll is an idiot with a below average talent so I understand that part. But Richards should know better. When our PK was invincible, their penalties were less harmful (but still they were bad because the players were losing energy on PK and they were less fresh for 5-on-5 offense). Now, when the PK is back to normal, the stupid penalties cost us POINTS!

The Kings MVP among skaters ("and it's not even close") needs to get his line going, we NEED that line. Kopitar had a guy following him whole game, since they know who is dangerous. And that line was STILL playing well and could have scored two more goals.

As someone said, the players are now back in comfort zone after the coaching change, and that's especially true for players like Penner.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Sure hope Lombardi doesn't make a trade
I feel the same way, but probably for different reasons. The status quo is only acceptable as a means to an end for DL's time in charge of this team. But at the same time, it doesn't seem like anyone is okay with the status quo being maintained. All the status quo is doing now is frustrating people who care a lot about this team.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Face Wash

I think Loktionov needs to be in Manchester hasn't adjusted to the speed and strength of the league. Only occasionally makes nice plays with the puck. Never wins puck battles.

Lewis, Richardson, Hunter, Fraser & Stoll should be 4th liners at this point... Penner needs to be put out of his misery, the Kings need to shore up the 2nd and 3rd lines.

And anyone who says the system the Kings play is not an important part of their results is kidding themselves. Look at the top 11 teams in Hockey...How many of them play such a boring style? Answer: 2
Most are uptempo skilled teams. Of the top 11 teams in pointd in the NHL only 2 are NOT in the top 11 in Goals Per Game (Nashville - 13th & St. Louis - 19th).

They've gotta loosen the reigns...They gotta bring in a sniper.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:29 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I feel the same way, but probably for different reasons. The status quo is only acceptable as a means to an end for DL's time in charge of this team. But at the same time, it doesn't seem like anyone is okay with the status quo being maintained.
No point in moving a quality asset or two for the crap available. Lombardi isn't going anywhere.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Johnny Utah

Kings were not ready for the Richards deal. I said it this summer and I will say it again. Simmonds has the same exact number of points. He is bigger, can fight and is 3 years younger and makes way less. And that is not even including Schenn and his 2 goals and a 2nd round pick.

I hate every move Lombardi has made in the past 2 years. Sturm, Penner, Richards, Smyth....all crap.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:33 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I quite like the Lokti, Lewis, Richardson line, I never think they're going to score, but they play with energy and create half chances.
I disagree 100%.

You like the line because they create half chances yet never score. Gotcha.

That Loktionov, Lewis, Richardson line is beyond hopeless.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
No point in moving a quality asset or two for the crap available. Lombardi isn't going anywhere.
Do you think Stoll or Penner should be re signed next year? If not and they are not being effective, we might as well move them for picks or prospects and give someone else a try. Even if we swapped struggling ufas with someone else. DL has until the deadline to figure it out.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Kings were not ready for the Richards deal. I said it this summer and I will say it again. Simmonds has the same exact number of points. He is bigger, can fight and is 3 years younger and makes way less. And that is not even including Schenn and his 2 goals and a 2nd round pick.

I hate every move Lombardi has made in the past 2 years. Sturm, Penner, Richards, Smyth....all crap.
The Richards trade is fine. Simmonds would have about 10 pts if he were a King. Not difficult to rackup assists while playing on a PP with Giroux, Jagr, and Timonen. I

Old
01-22-2012, 01:39 AM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on HF Boards.

You like the line because they create half chances yet never score. Gotcha.

That Loktionov, Lewis, Richardson line is beyond hopeless.
They seem to spend a lot of time in the offensive zone, putting the opposition on the back foot and provide energy. I find their line a lot more entertaining to watch than the 2nd line. How dare I have an opinion!

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:40 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Do you think Stoll or Penner should be re signed next year? If not and they are not being effective, we might as well move them for picks or prospects and give someone else a try. Even if we swapped struggling ufas with someone else. DL has until the deadline to figure it out.
Yea moving them would be ok if we can replace Stolls faceoffs

Old
01-22-2012, 01:40 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:

Do you not understand that scoring in Philadelphia isn't the same as scoring in L.A? If Simmonds was still in LA, he wouldn't have even close to the number of points he has now. It's foolish to compare the two right now. The Kings were ready for the Richards move (he is still young, you know) but they need to add another scorer or two. With the system the Kings play, they need two scoring lines, a checking line, and an energy line. Right now they have one scoring line, a checking line, and two energy lines. That's not gonna get the job done. Period.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:42 AM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
They seem to spend a lot of time in the offensive zone, putting the opposition on the back foot and provide energy. I find their line a lot more entertaining to watch than the 2nd line. How dare I have an opinion!
3rd line needs a big body that can finish. Loktionovs played well, especially defensively but he has no one that can finish.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Nex06

Quote:
They seem to spend a lot of time in the offensive zone, putting the opposition on the back foot and provide energy.
That's a good point. Spending time in the offensive zone is never bad. Unless you are Penner and make a stupid pass which leads to a 3 on 2.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:43 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Holy hell some of you need to calm the **** down.

Kings had a chance to gain ground because every other team of consequence in the division lost too. It's not the end of the world. Lombardi isn't getting fired. The Richards trade was not a mistake. Really people? Christ.

They weren't going to go 34-0-0. They had a bad game. It's frustrating, but it's a loss. They will happen from time to time.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Do you not understand that scoring in Philadelphia isn't the same as scoring in L.A? If Simmonds was still in LA, he wouldn't have even close to the number of points he has now. It's foolish to compare the two right now. The Kings were ready for the Richards move (he is still young, you know) but they need to add another scorer or two. With the system the Kings play, they need two scoring lines, a checking line, and an energy line. Right now they have one scoring line, a checking line, and two energy lines. That's not gonna get the job done. Period.
Yeah, I agree with this. I wasn't pointing out Simmonds' point total earlier because I thought the Richards trade shouldn't have happened. Just one of those things that makes you shake your head. If Simmonds were skating with Richardson/Lewis/Loktionov/etc., he'd probably have about 5 points right now.

**** this, time to get krunk.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:45 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:

Simmonds is playing on a team that has almost 50 more goals than the Kings in 3 fewer games played.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:46 AM
SFKingshomer

I still think the Kings need a veteran puck mover and PP QB. People tend to forget that DD/JJ/Voynov are extremely young and prone to inconsistencies. A vet would take some pressure off them.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Holy hell some of you need to calm the **** down.

Kings had a chance to gain ground because every other team of consequence in the division lost too. It's not the end of the world. Lombardi isn't getting fired. The Richards trade was not a mistake. Christ.

They weren't going to go 34-0-0. They had a bad game. It's frustrating, but it's a loss. They will happen from time to time.
Yeah I agree, but when we're talking about how the Kings need to dig themselves out of a whole* and San Jose lost tonight, going out and stinking up the joint against a crap team doesn't exactly warm your heart.

* TM hfboards

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote