HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ryan McDonagh (1/23: Skating in practice; only had wind knocked out of him)

Old
01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
FriedgeHNIC Elliotte Friedman
Sounds like phone hearing for Andrew Ference...max five games in that case.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyGuy View Post
Really glad to read that he flew back with the team. If you're recently concussed they don't want you to fly. Another good sign. Trying to think positive. Even though Shanahan wouldn't acknowledge it, the length of the suspension will definitely be determined by the extent of the injury. So with that in mind, I hope he only gets one game, and we mete out our own brand of justice next time we see them.
I think the formula for a suspension definitely involves the outcome as a factor. Intention should not matter (who cares whether somebody or anybody says that a player did not intend to injure, it's not possible to prove and therefore irrelevant) but the act itself which is very clear, and the outcome, together should form the equation.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Fanned On It

IDK much about that Ference dude or whatever his name is, but that was an extremely dirty hit. There is no way in hell Ference didn't see in his mind what was going to happen when he nailed McD from behind 3 feet away from the boards! Yeah, it's a fast game, but it's easy to figure out the trajectory a player is going to take when you hit him that hard. Props to McD for skating away after a hit like that. Tough kid.

As far as the whole crying debate, when I first saw it, it looked to me like he was lying face down and his back was moving up and down just like when a person cries. That was my first reaction. Obviously it doesn't make me think ANY less of him... *****, if that was me, I'd probably be balling =P. It IS funny that people are saying things like, "NO WAY HE WAS CRYING, RELAX DUDE!" Not that it matters, but there is a very high probability that he was shedding some tears of agonizing pain.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:44 PM
trilobyte

Get hit in the face a certain way, and tears will flow. Who knows what else causes it, and everyone is different.

After watching that hit, I'm not thinking about whether he was crying, I'm just crossing my fingers that this great defenseman, this great Ranger, is okay. I'll be thinking about it a lot.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Fanned On It

Yeah good call. Screw the crying, let's just hope this kid is back on the ice and feeling ok asap!

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
I agree with whoever said it, he looked like he grabbed for his crotch as soon as he went down. But he seemed to be able to place weight on it as he got up. We'll just have to wait and see what his status is tomorrow.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:46 PM
thebigbea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Plainview View Post
Bruins fan just popping in to say I hope McDonough is okay

That was not a smart hit by Ference. He's usually not a dirty player and I doubt he was trying to to hurt him. Still though, it was reckless

I have to say as well, that Ranger team is damn good! I'm really starting to like that team and I appreciate that most of you Ranger fans aren't overreacting to the hit. Pretty funny that most of the people that are are Canuck and Habs fans.

Again hope he's alright. Shame that had to marr what was otherwise a pretty awesome game today. We got at least 3 more to go this year. Looking forward to them
too bad don't have enough bruins fans like u... the ones that boo when he got up... we should ask dr. mark recchi for his opinion on this..

thebigbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Who gives a **** if he was crying? He was ****ing slammed.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:20 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
I agree with whoever said it, he looked like he grabbed for his crotch as soon as he went down. But he seemed to be able to place weight on it as he got up. We'll just have to wait and see what his status is tomorrow.
Wait, what? He put weight on his crotch as he got up?

Am I the only one who had a very bizarre mental image upon reading Khelvan's post?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Who gives a **** if he was crying? He was ****ing slammed.
Pretty much yeah. When you get your testes mashed in, dancing the jig isn't really an option.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigbea View Post
too bad don't have enough bruins fans like u... the ones that boo when he got up... we should ask dr. mark recchi for his opinion on this..
They were boo'ing that they got a penalty. They cheered when he got up.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:34 AM
IAMREALITY

Oh for chrissakes get a grip people.

What, 2, 3 maybe less mature posters start a rumor he was crying and now one half the theme of this thread turns into it? Rocking and writhing while in pain is um, like normal and stuff. By no means does that mean crying. Nor afterwards did his face show anything overly flushed or raw to insinuate he was crying. This is nothing but stupid fabricated rumor. For chrissakes let it die.

As far as the hit; I must've said "what a ****in *******!" twenty time straight, followed each probably with "what a piece of ****". Dirty, dangerous, unacceptable hit. 5 games minimum, no question. As far as predicting McD's injury, we'll just have to wait it looks like. So many things could be affected.

See, too often we rely on replays and slow motion to try and dissect what exactly happened and what got hurt where. But sometimes you gotta kinda put your common sense hats on and look at the obvious. What's the obvious in this case? Well, no head into the boards right? No knee twisting? Etc etc? Well, that's not what I'm looking at. In fact, it's what I'm LISTENING to that concerns me. Just listen again, maybe twice, to him being crunched into the boards. We hear hits all the time, and we know the sound the boards make. But listen to THIS sound. The boards themselves even crunch. The sound was beyond thunder. It was just a crisp, immediate explosive boom that resonated from front, back, up and down.

I'm serious. Listen to it. Now think for a second. Do you have any idea of the damage that released energy could do to your entire body? His head could've been 5 feet from hitting the wall but the energy from that hit will go through every last damn cell and nerve in your body. If you don't think his brains got scrambled as bad as maybe ever than you simply don't understand the physics of the hit. These boards and the immense energy given off went right ****ing through him. From his toes to the top of his brain. EVERYTHING hurts from a hit like that. Close your eyes and play the video. Listen to the hit and tell me you don't cringe.

But I have no idea what hurt on him. But I know there is NO positive to be taken out of their statement of no more updates tonight. Something is lingering, and it's something xrays can't show. So using that logic it kinda leaves only a few potential things. He may be under evalutation for a concussion, which I think would need to be mandatory here, or he may have suffered a muscular injury that will need an mri. My biggest fear after watching that? Is his back. The central keeper of all our nerves. It just looked to me like his back muscles and nerves got the biggest brunt of the energy shockwave that blasted through his body. I just have to hope, with the rest of you, that it would be something short lived.

But that hit was awful. Just listen to the boards. Cause all that you hear is at that same moment exploding as energy straight through him, through every nerve, cell and muscle fiber in him.

At the least, he'll be quite sore for a few days (that was after already having played 32+ minutes of warrior ****in hockey too). At worst, a concussion or lower back spastic kinda issue that will see him out till we're about ready to make our run at the cup.

I'm just hoping to see him next game no matter what. He's too important to our identity to lose and he truly embodies a warrior. That why whoever says he was crying are just attention seekers without any real respect for what it means to be a warrior. No way McD was crying. To continue to claim otherwise would seem to be willfully giving in to ignorance and farce.

Just gonna keep my fingers crossed he's fine.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
you gotta be a real asshat to try to badmouth a player for "crying" on the ice after a hit like that. I would be willing to bet that 99% of you people wouldn't be able to get up at all after a hit like that. Gotta love the internet tough guy.

I don't think I'd be crying if I took that hit (just because I don't really cry..) but I sure as hell would be screaming, and probably wouldn't be able to get up the next day.

So please... **** "internet tough guys"

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

A few things I've noticed here...

1. A lot of people have never had a major injury playing hockey, and are acting like they could take the pain of one like they wouldn't feel a damn thing.

2. A lot of different views on what happened. I think it's a seperated shoulder, out 4-6 weeks.

3. To whoever is saying that he faked the extent of it... Try going through what he went through, and then say that he was faking afterwards.

4. The Boston Bruins are becoming one of the biggest ******* teams in the league. Not to mention the fact that you have Chara running around trying to end people's careers, then you have Marchand undercutting people, Lucic running goalies intentionally... When does the organization finally start getting fined for the **** they pull? They're worse than the Flyers, hate to say it.

5. I hope they break Seguin's neck. I said it, don't care, that organization is full of scum, and they deserve it. There used to be a code of respect amongst hockey players back in the day... that code has been long removed from the game, by classless ****heads like these *******s.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Any updates? When I watched the game and I saw he got up, I didn't think it was bad enough where he would even miss a game, so hopefully there was no bad news I missed.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:39 AM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
A few things I've noticed here...

1. A lot of people have never had a major injury playing hockey, and are acting like they could take the pain of one like they wouldn't feel a damn thing.

2. A lot of different views on what happened. I think it's a seperated shoulder, out 4-6 weeks.

3. To whoever is saying that he faked the extent of it... Try going through what he went through, and then say that he was faking afterwards.

4. The Boston Bruins are becoming one of the biggest ******* teams in the league. Not to mention the fact that you have Chara running around trying to end people's careers, then you have Marchand undercutting people, Lucic running goalies intentionally... When does the organization finally start getting fined for the **** they pull? They're worse than the Flyers, hate to say it.

5. I hope they break Seguin's neck. I said it, don't care, that organization is full of scum, and they deserve it. There used to be a code of respect amongst hockey players back in the day... that code has been long removed from the game, by classless ****heads like these *******s.

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:18 AM
ColonialsHockey10

McDonagh clearly was supporting himself using both arms when he was injured on the ice. He flew on a plane as well. I'm no expert but I think that eliminates a lot of the likely injuries. He'll likely have Dubisnky type injury, maybe miss a few games as precaution.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:25 AM
lbrowne

I think it has more to do with one of his knees or both. Maybe ribcage -chest contusion.

I've gone into the boards as hard or actually harder than that. The boards don't move. It sucks big time. Take as fast as you can run, multiply it, and then just hit a wall. It hurts, regardless of equipment.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:48 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Playing hockey doesn't mean you know any more than anyone who has watched the game without playing. In fact, those who play the game tend to know less about the game because they're too busy about their own game and don't have time to study the game as a whole.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:23 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers are off today. They won't be back on the ice until 11am Monday morning. The Rangers had their rookie meal in the city last night. Rookies paying.

Quote:
After an off-day tomorrow, the Blueshirts’ next practice is scheduled for Monday, January 23, at 11:00 a.m. at MSG Training Center.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/0...game-notes-98/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:26 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

That giraffe Chara folds like an accordion whenever he is hit.

Old
01-22-2012, 05:30 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Looking at the video again McDonagh does grab his groin as soon as he is hit. Milbury said McD's left leg got caught in a rut and he couldn't get away from the hit.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockeynight...#id=2189146926

Old
01-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Please stick to the thread topic.

01-22-2012, 06:33 AM
jniklast

We only have one game before the All-Star break, so if it's not too bad he might miss only Tuesday's game. At least that's what I hope.

I don't think Ference really wanted to injure him, but that is an extremely dangerous play that can lead to very bad injuries. He just has to be suspended for a couple of games, even without any malicious intent. Otherwise these reckless plays won't disappear.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:36 AM
zestystrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
FriedgeHNIC Elliotte Friedman
Sounds like phone hearing for Andrew Ference...max five games in that case.
Yup, Katie Strang is also reporting that Ference is having a phone hearing today, so a max of 5 games.

Shanny is a softy.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/74...ne-hearing-hit

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote