HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny to Montreal!

Old
01-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Why would Mtl need Stastny unless they move Plekanec? Just play Lars Eller more, he deserves it based on how he looks. Plekanec, Eller, Desharnais, Gomez, Leblanc...that's 5 centres. None of them are true first line centres and Stastny isn't either tbh. He's not consistent enough and we call him Casper Stastny for a reason.

If they trade for Stastny then they'd end up with two 1A centres and two 2nd line centres (Eller and Desharnais) plus a potential 2nd line C (LeBlanc) + Gomez (who isn't really as bad as everyone says despite the lack of goals, played well tonight). Seems like a stupid move, they need a winger and another Josh Gorges to help out Subban since Gill's gone downhill.
If we traded for Stastny, I would hope we would keep Eller, Pleks and Stastny as our top 3 centres. Gomez(minors or waivers) and DD(trade). It looks like Leblanc will be a winger, so everything will sort itself out easy enough.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:21 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Why would Mtl need Stastny unless they move Plekanec? Just play Lars Eller more, he deserves it based on how he looks. Plekanec, Eller, Desharnais, Gomez, Leblanc...that's 5 centres. None of them are true first line centres and Stastny isn't either tbh. He's not consistent enough and we call him Casper Stastny for a reason.

If they trade for Stastny then they'd end up with two 1A centres and two 2nd line centres (Eller and Desharnais) plus a potential 2nd line C (LeBlanc) + Gomez (who isn't really as bad as everyone says despite the lack of goals, played well tonight). Seems like a stupid move, they need a winger and another Josh Gorges to help out Subban since Gill's gone downhill.
Wow, do you watch the habs a lot? You seem to get it more than most of our own fans.

Edit: Although, like someone else said Leblanc has already made the move to the wing and I see him winging Eller in the near-future, they have already shown great chemistry together during Leblanc's callup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post

Lars Eller
2012 1st round pick

Paul Stastny
Maybe a mid-round-pick to even things out? Don't know.

Doesn't work salary wise anyways, so flame away

You are missing several pieces to become a real contender.
No thanks.

And we know that, that's why it makes no sense to for us trade a package of picks-prospects-young players with upside for established players despite the numerous habs trade proposals thread on this board.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:33 AM
heathfilms*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kschey View Post

Lars Eller
2012 1st round pick

Paul Stastny
Maybe a mid-round-pick to even things out? Don't know.

Doesn't work salary wise anyways, so flame away

You are missing several pieces to become a real contender.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/im...ilies/laff.gif

that was funny a 1st rounder that could end up a top 5 and lars eller for a stastny never in a million years the only way this would happen you would have to include Matt Duchene for use to even to stay on the phone here is my counter offer

To Colorado
Tomas Pleks
Lars Eller
1st Rounder 2012

To Montreal
Paul Stastny
Matt Duchene
Gabriel Landeskog

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post

that was funny a 1st rounder that could end up a top 5 and lars eller for a stastny never in a million years the only way this would
happen you would have to include Matt Duchene for use to even to stay on the phone here is my counter offer

To Colorado
Tomas Pleks
Lars Eller
1st Rounder 2012

To Montreal
Paul Stastny
Matt Duchene
Gabriel Landeskog
Healthfilms, please excuse us if we don't take the guy seriously who came up with this:

To Montreal

Ryan Getzlaf

To Anaheim

Scott Gomez
Louis Leblanc
Nathan Beaulieu
Alexander Avtsin
Aaron Palushaj

I know for montreal stand point this is over payment but it will be worth it

Seriously man, give it up already, quit the trolling.

Last edited by Avs44: 01-22-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Rhaego

I don't want to trade Stastny

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:26 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
I don't want to trade Stastny
Two weeks ago, you were willing to trade him for almost anything.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Cephalusc

I don't think Subban is the type of defenseman that would make Colorado better... especially at the expense of Stastny.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:37 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephalusc View Post
I don't think Subban is the type of defenseman that would make Colorado better... especially at the expense of Stastny.
Wait....WHAT??!? I remember reading a thread last summer that stated that Pernel-Karl Subban was a FRANCHISE PLAYER!!! How could he not make us better?!

OMGZZZZ they are going to stick us with GOMEZ!!!
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...ngs-game/9405/

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Two weeks ago, you were willing to trade him for almost anything.
Then Mueller came back

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:10 AM
skip2mybordeleau
We're not that good!

vCash: 104
Quote:

that was funny a 1st rounder that could end up a top 5 and lars eller for a stastny never in a million years the only way this would happen you would have to include Matt Duchene for use to even to stay on the phone here is my counter offer

To Colorado
Tomas Pleks
Lars Eller
1st Rounder 2012

To Montreal
Paul Stastny
Matt Duchene
Gabriel Landeskog
this one's easy to shoot down

Stastny> plekanec
Duchene>>>eller
Landeskog > 1st rounder

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gali39 View Post
this one's easy to shoot down

Stastny> plekanec
Duchene>>>eller
Landeskog > 1st rounder
That's a terrible offer but i'd rather have Plekanec on my team than Stastny a bit weaker offensively but miles ahead defensively.

If a package of Eller + 1st was made it would be to fetch a top 3 but there is no point in doing this since we need our pick badly.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Barklez

Now, the picks scenario was suggested ironically on our board a few months ago, but how's about...

MTL 2012 1st + 2012 2nd + Gomez

for

Stastny

And I know most Avs fans wouldn't be thrilled to do this, but it would have me thinking pretty hard. Close?

Barklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:46 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barklez View Post
Now, the picks scenario was suggested ironically on our board a few months ago, but how's about...

MTL 2012 1st + 2012 2nd + Gomez

for

Stastny

And I know most Avs fans wouldn't be thrilled to do this, but it would have me thinking pretty hard. Close?
No thanks. We'll keep our picks and take Grigorenko or Galchenyuk.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:16 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
That's a terrible offer but i'd rather have Plekanec on my team than Stastny a bit weaker offensively but miles ahead defensively.

If a package of Eller + 1st was made it would be to fetch a top 3 but there is no point in doing this since we need our pick badly.
hahaahaham Miles ahead defensively eh?

Do some research about the players you're trying to acquire through internet proposals before signing on for the day. Stastny is at least is good, likely much better defensively.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:38 AM
canadianeh

I have to admit I enjoy these threads. I don't know why everyone gets so upset. If it involves your team, you will never be happy unless the other team is getting screwed.

The truth is it's damn near impossible to come up with a good trade in terms of value using most players, because they don't tend to get traded unless there is a reason that will negatively affect their trade value.

I don't know Colorado well, and if there is some reason they want to get rid of Stastny.

But since the players you have are almost always worth mroe to you keeping than in a trade, I can't see many of these names being thrown out as candidates to be moved....

So from the Montreal perspective I can't see them moving:

Price
Subban
Gorges
Pacioretty
Cole
Eller

These are the guys they will be building around. (MIGHT be able to get Eller in the right offer).

Nor do I see them as likely to move their higher prospects like Leblanc, Tinordi and Beaulieu.

Of the prospects I could see them trying to move someone like Kristo, since they have enough small talent and there just won't be room on the roster for many of them. (Gallagher and Desharnais have us covered)

Anyway... there's really not enough left to trade for a star player. Our 1st has turned into a commodity that you don't deal unless you get MAJOR return.

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
hahaahaham Miles ahead defensively eh?

Do some research about the players you're trying to acquire through internet proposals before signing on for the day. Stastny is at least is good, likely much better defensively.
Do some research about the players you're trying to acquire through internet proposals before signing on for the day. Plekanec is at least is good, likely much better defensively you cheeky kid.

Stastny plays 31 seconds of SH-time per game, on average this season.

Mr. Plekanec, on the other hand, plays 2 mins and 52 seconds per game shorthanded, playing on the 3rd best PK in the league.

LMAO @ thinking Stastny is better than Plekanec defensively.

pls go

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:12 AM
jped86

The only reason to trade stastny would be to get good wingers back. That's why it would be Max Pacioretty coming back.

We would have zero interest in gionta, gomez (who the hell would want that contract for a player that hasn't scored in a year??) or kaberle. We have better offensive dmen the kabs is at this point and more prospects that would waiting to come up. Elliot is better than Kabs.

jped86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:33 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Probably headed to QC.

01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Do some research about the players you're trying to acquire through internet proposals before signing on for the day. Plekanec is at least is good, likely much better defensively you cheeky kid.

Stastny plays 31 seconds of SH-time per game, on average this season.

Mr. Plekanec, on the other hand, plays 2 mins and 52 seconds per game shorthanded, playing on the 3rd best PK in the league.

LMAO @ thinking Stastny is better than Plekanec defensively.

pls go
Plekanec is a selke worth defensive forward like you said the guy should do the research 3rd best pk in the league plays top minutes.

I wouldn't trade Plekanec for Stastny straight up ever. Stastny is decent at best ,Plekanec is as the same level as Datsyuk Kesler or Bolland on the dzone.

When you don't know jack about someone please just don't say anything you just looked like a fool there.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:34 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
Plekanec is a selke worth defensive forward like you said the guy should do the research 3rd best pk in the league plays top minutes.

I wouldn't trade Plekanec for Stastny straight up ever. Stastny is decent at best ,Plekanec is as the same level as Datsyuk Kesler or Bolland on the dzone.

When you don't know jack about someone please just don't say anything you just looked like a fool there.
You're right about Pleks vs Stastny defensively, but would you really not do a straight across trade? I might be biased as an Avs fan, but a one for one swap seems like good value on both guys.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

Please don't embarres yourself, Plekanec is better than Staz defensivly, but he isn't as good as Datsyuk, or Kesler.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:47 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:

To Colorado
Tomas Pleks
Lars Eller
1st Rounder 2012

To Montreal
Paul Stastny
Matt Duchene
Gabriel Landeskog
troll much?

this would never happen and before you finish saying Matt on the phone the avs would hang up

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:48 PM
CB Joe

Quote:

You're overrating Plekanec.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
You're right about Pleks vs Stastny defensively, but would you really not do a straight across trade? I might be biased as an Avs fan, but a one for one swap seems like good value on both guys.
You are correct in pointing out that the value between these two players is quite similar. Plekanec gets the edge defensively, Stastny gets the edge in terms of offensive upside, size and age. Value wise, a straight swap would be fair.

I don't know if I would do it, though. I like both players. Hmmm..Stastny between Cole and Bourque is intriguing enough to make me truly sit and think about it, though.

Remember, guys, we don't have to trash another team's players just because we love our own guys a bit more.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
troll much?

this would never happen and before you finish saying Matt on the phone the avs would hang up
Actually, that is not as "trollish" as you would make it sound depending upon where the 1st ends up. Stastny and Plekanec are fairly equal in value. A top 3 pick for Duchene is probably slightly better value for Colorado. Landeskog is definitely more valuabe than Eller. Montreal wins that deal, but not by so much as to make it a "trollish" post. You don't have to like it, but let's not get carried away.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote