HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks @ Nashville Predators (go for the gold)

Old
01-21-2012, 11:23 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
So, we don't stand a chance against their clearly dominant roster .... unless they're on the back end of a back to back?
It is always a chance...

Tuesday game will test us.

We shall see...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:39 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Yessss!!!!

Go Preds!!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:07 AM
predfan24

I missed this game but I ended up winning a couple hundred bucks in a poker tourney so I can't say I made the wrong decision. Just from looking at the highlights and the stats though it looks like the Preds were playing some inspired hockey tonight. Now if STL,Det, and Chicago would actually lose some games when they are not playing us maybe we could catch them.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:01 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

After watching the game and the highlights a million times I cant figure out why they gave Hillen the assist on Hornys goal and not Wilson. Hillen never touched it, it went Wilson to Klein then horny tipped Kleins shot

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:49 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Was able to see the game today, sorry I couldn't be in the GDT however.

Great win.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Pattypred

I would like to thank the Predators for the best birthday gift an old gal can have. A beat down win of 5-2 over the Hawks.

Speaking of the Hawks - the fans can clap and scream in THEIR barn during the anthem but NOT in someone else's barn. I truly believe that is disrespectful to our flag that many men and women have died protecting. Please keep it in YOUR barn not OURS.

Last edited by Pattypred: 01-22-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Added "old"
Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
After watching the game and the highlights a million times I cant figure out why they gave Hillen the assist on Hornys goal and not Wilson. Hillen never touched it, it went Wilson to Klein then horny tipped Kleins shot
Mistakes happen. Sucks for Wilson though. Hillen is 38, Wilson is 33. Hillen was on the ice and they wrote it up wrong.
Feel bad for Halischuk. For that matter, I would have felt bad for anyone who got scratched last night. Everyone has been "doing their job out there". It will be interesting to see how the extra forward situation turns out on your team.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
I would like to thank the Predators for the best birthday gift an old gal can have. A beat down win of 5-2 over the Hawks.

Speaking of the Hawks - the fans can clap and scream in THEIR barn during the anthem but NOT in someone else's barn. I truly believe that is disrespectful to our flag that many men and women have died protecting. Please keep it in YOUR barn not OURS.
Speaking of ... had a husband/wife hawks fans sitting behind us who were respectful during the anthem, I turned around after singing shook their hands and thanked them

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Speaking of ... had a husband/wife hawks fans sitting behind us who were respectful during the anthem, I turned around after singing shook their hands and thanked them

Old
01-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Pattypred

Respecting the National Anthem

I wonder how many realize: http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html#171

Quoting:
§171. Conduct during playing
During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Good for them.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:48 AM
token grinder

Quote:
I wonder how many realize: http://www.usflag.org/uscode36.html#171

Quoting:
§171. Conduct during playing
During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.
sounds like something that you should submit to the preds and have them post it before Gnash comes out on the jumbo tron.

or just confuse them and play god bless america

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:53 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

That's one of the biggest things that annoys me...fans of teams that do stupid cheers or make noise during the National Anthem. It's disrespectful.

Singing along....I don't really like it, but it doesn't bother me like just making random noise. There was a big group of Douchehawks in front of me...I was tempted to smack each of them upside the head during the Anthem.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:17 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
It is always a chance...

Tuesday game will test us.

We shall see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I think he just means we were at an advantage tonight.. and we were clearly better. and he's like me.. anxious to see how we perform in a back to back in their barn.. tonight and the game against philly shows what this team can do. we just have to be more consistent in our zone and play good, hard fore checking game for 60 minutes.. and I like our chances against just about anybody
If they are so clearly better than us, it doesn't matter if they're on the second game of a back to back, or if it's a Saturday night, or what the moon phase is, or anything else ... they should handle us the way we own Columbus.The fact we just clearly outplayed them and if not for a couple of mistakes setting Hossa of all people free, crushed them goes against the they're so good on paper argument. We lost during OT in Chicago on Halloween, and won handily last night.

We continue to be a team that can play well against, and beat, any team no matter what it looks like when simply comparing rosters. I like our chances a lot more if we get Suter back in the lineup, especially with Cube injured again.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:31 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

This is how you make sure you get a playoff invite:

Nashville is 9-2-2 against fellow Central Division teams this season.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:32 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

All teams play back to backs, and all teams have times when they play three games in four nights. The best teams play well the vast majority of the time. The worst teams play terribly the vast majority of the time. Saying or implying that we only beat a more dominant roster last night because they were tired is kind of like saying we only beat the Ducks in the play offs because their goaltender and defense sucked. So? We won. They lost.

This team is 16-4-1 in its last 21 games. If you want to find reasons to be pessimistic then by all means, you are well within your rights to do so, but sometimes you need to let a little optimism sneak its way in

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:29 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

The team has been awfully fun to watch over the last few weeks.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:07 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
All teams play back to backs, and all teams have times when they play three games in four nights. The best teams play well the vast majority of the time. The worst teams play terribly the vast majority of the time. Saying or implying that we only beat a more dominant roster last night because they were tired is kind of like saying we only beat the Ducks in the play offs because their goaltender and defense sucked. So? We won. They lost.

This team is 16-4-1 in its last 21 games. If you want to find reasons to be pessimistic then by all means, you are well within your rights to do so, but sometimes you need to let a little optimism sneak its way in
It is just the coaching staff downplaying everything. Florida sure did not have a problem winning last night after playing the hawks Friday night. Fact is we out worked and out played the other team on the ice.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
sounds like something that you should submit to the preds and have them post it before Gnash comes out on the jumbo tron.

or just confuse them and play god bless america
Email sent quoting chapter and verse plus suggestion for God Bless America for both Dallas and Chicago.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:49 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Email sent quoting chapter and verse plus suggestion for God Bless America for both Dallas and Chicago.
Let's just make it a practice to eject people who make excessive noise during the Anthem.

Then send them to Gitmo if they complain. Unpatriotic sons of *****es.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:25 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
And the Blues since they all say, "Home of the BLUES" at the end.... (instead of Brave)

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Let's just make it a practice to eject people who make excessive noise during the Anthem.

Then send them to Gitmo if they complain. Unpatriotic sons of *****es.
For those of us who have been or are serving in the military, we take it a little personal when we see and hear disrespect for our flag and our anthem.

There is no need to get snarky.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

Quote:
That's one of the biggest things that annoys me...fans of teams that do stupid cheers or make noise during the National Anthem. It's disrespectful.

Singing along....I don't really like it, but it doesn't bother me like just making random noise. There was a big group of Douchehawks in front of me...I was tempted to smack each of them upside the head during the Anthem.
Sadly enough, on the post-game show Erat thought those were Preds fans cheering for the team during the anthem, and thought it was great.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:34 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

Funny thing is, we played with 5 defenders for a good portion of the game and without one of our best ones to start the game. Granted, they were without Sharp to start and lost Toews so it evened out. I just think we outplayed them. Let's see how the next couple of games go.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Why does singing along bother you? The Canadians do it all the time and not only is it a great display of patriotism, it's pretty awe-inspiring.

What bothers me the most is the singers who think they're Mariah Carey and throw in 10,000 melismas, especially on the last two lines. It's a march, not a ballad, and even if it were a ballad, that wouldn't be called for. Get over yourself, finish the anthem, and let's play.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote