HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban fined $2500 for slewfoot on Kunitz

Old
01-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
It's money, who cares time way more worth than cash, pay the money any day!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
This franchise will never succeed with the media pressure / collective intelligence of their fan base. Some of this stuff hurts the eyes to read.
I have already conceded that subban is vital to this organization, but its totally fair to say that he's been awful this season. I know you're a big subban fanboy, but you have to recognize this.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:40 PM
habsjunkie2*

I love PK, but he does seem to have a learning disability or something. He does boneheaded things way too much, he's starting to get on my nerves. I would never suggest trading him, but is he really this thick?

The comments about Pk being unable to understand certain strategies outlined by JM in his interview is a little bit concerning, he has immense talent, no doubt about it, but certainly needs to work on his hockey sense, he could really use an all night video session watching Andrei Markov. I'm not too worried, he's young and has plenty of time, he's not the savior we hoped for yet, it's too bad Markov can't play, would of done PK wonders imo.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:43 PM
threeGo

I hope he does something like this against the leafs tonight. Will love it if he does a few high sticks, a slew foot, check from behind...

On a serious note, when will he learn not to do stuff like this? This season has had a lot of incidents involving him.

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Deserved. Now grow up!

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I have already conceded that subban is vital to this organization, but its totally fair to say that he's been awful this season. I know you're a big subban fanboy, but you have to recognize this.
No, it isn't totally fair to concede that hes been awful this season. Frankly, I completely disagree. Whether or not you appreciate his antics, he plays 28 minutes a game, he fends off opponents, makes savvy passes and other than Gorges, there is no one back there on his level. Not even close. If you can't appreciate that kind of skill at 22 years old, so be it. Similar to how I can't describe what a beautiful sunset looks like to a blind person, I certainly won't try to describe Subban's play for those who can't see it in here neither.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:11 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
No, it isn't totally fair to concede that hes been awful this season. Frankly, I completely disagree. Whether or not you appreciate his antics, he plays 28 minutes a game, he fends off opponents, makes savvy passes and other than Gorges, there is no one back there on his level. Not even close. If you can't appreciate that kind of skill at 22 years old, so be it. Similar to how I can't describe what a beautiful sunset looks like to a blind person, I certainly won't try to describe Subban's play for those who can't see it in here neither.
Not that I disagree with most of what you're saying, but he's played 28 minutes in regulation exactly never this year. He played above 28 once in OT. I like Subban a lot, but he has struggled at times. He's a good player, but he lacks hockey sense, it's easy to see.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Not that I disagree with most of what you're saying, but he's played 28 minutes in regulation exactly never this year. He played above 28 once in OT. I like Subban a lot, but he has struggled at times. He's a good player, but he lacks hockey sense, it's easy to see.
I didn't check the stats- I just took a look, and it circles around 24-25 minutes. Most nights, he plays more than Gorges. I'm not saying his game is perfect, it isn't, sometimes his hockey sense is questionable- but when you weigh his pros and his cons, he plays the game in a way none other on the back-end can.

Old
01-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Eller goal #10.

Last edited by Bloumeister: 01-21-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Sorry, wrong thread...
Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:35 AM
Jerky

I guess we should start calling him P.K. Slu-ban from now on!

Jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:11 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I didn't even notice it last night. He's gotta be more careful with these dangerous types of plays. We have an image to maintain, we're not the Boston Bruins here. I preferred when he levelled with open-ice hits la Emelin like he did last yr. Where's the Subban I know and love?

Here's the slewfoot for those like me who missed it:

holy ****!

that could have hurt the guy. thankfully kunitz is ok

definitely deserved a short suspension

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:16 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
holy ****!

that could have hurt the guy. thankfully kunitz is ok

definitely deserved a short suspension
If he deserved a suspension, he would have got one !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
im saying i think he deserved a suspension

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:24 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
im saying i think he deserved a suspension
And i am saying since the moment it happened it doesn't !

Chara almost killed Patches, enough said !

Old
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Thats not entirely true. He deserved one and got away with one. But if he continues to throw these cheap shots, I will guarentee that he gets suspended sooner than later.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Thats not entirely true. He deserved one and got away with one. But if he continues to throw these cheap shots, I will guarentee that he gets suspended sooner than later.
Once again this is your opinon. No problem, but i don't agree. Kunitz is a punk and a diver. This is my opinon.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Once again this is your opinon. No problem, but i don't agree. Kunitz is a punk and a diver. This is my opinon.
The combination between Subban stick-checking Kunitz (a good play) and his left leg sweeping Kunitz right leg from underneath him caused Kunitz to go down. The fact that Subban did it near the boards where an injury could have occured is what makes this a dangerous play. Subban has slew-footed people a few times over his career, which is why along with the fact that he could have injured Kunitz here, he received a fine. Next time this type of play happens, Subban could face a 1-3 game suspension. The league has taken note and rightfully so.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I love PK, but he does seem to have a learning disability or something. He does boneheaded things way too much, he's starting to get on my nerves. I would never suggest trading him, but is he really this thick?

The comments about Pk being unable to understand certain strategies outlined by JM in his interview is a little bit concerning, he has immense talent, no doubt about it, but certainly needs to work on his hockey sense, he could really use an all night video session watching Andrei Markov. I'm not too worried, he's young and has plenty of time, he's not the savior we hoped for yet, it's too bad Markov can't play, would of done PK wonders imo.
I disagree. The guy is just young and learning. He has maturity issues to deal with, much like Price had, but I don't think he lacks hockey sense.
He might not be the perfect team guy in terms of strategy so far, which is due maturity imo, but otherwise, you know he'll stick up for his team. Clearly, he's also used to being the center of attention, very similar to the experience Price went through.
But I think it's all about maturity, not hockey sense. He can't lack hockey sense and make some of the great plays he makes. I think he's not mature enough and lacks direction perhaps, but not hockey sense.

I do agree that having Markov play would have helped him tremendously.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
The combination between Subban stick-checking Kunitz (a good play) and his left leg sweeping Kunitz right leg from underneath him caused Kunitz to go down. The fact that Subban did it near the boards where an injury could have occured is what makes this a dangerous play. Subban has slew-footed people a few times over his career, which is why along with the fact that he could have injured Kunitz here, he received a fine. Next time this type of play happens, Subban could face a 1-3 game suspension. The league has taken note and rightfully so.
I don't think slew foot is worthy of suspension. I mean, if that's the case, then suspend every illegal gesture.
There's a reason why Kunitz did not get injured.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think slew foot is worthy of suspension. I mean, if that's the case, then suspend every illegal gesture.
There's a reason why Kunitz did not get injured.
Because they never went into the boards hard enough. Say it's a battle to beat the icing call and Subban makes the same moved, then absolutely it's a suspendable offense. Then again, you have something else factoring into the decision at that point.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Because they never went into the boards hard enough. Say it's a battle to beat the icing call and Subban makes the same moved, then absolutely it's a suspendable offense. Then again, you have something else factoring into the decision at that point.
I doubt PK tries to slew foot on an icing. I've never seen it done actually. I've seen trips, maybe semi-accidental ones, but no slew foot.

I don't think PK is a dirty player, that would be a dirty move.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Habs

Quote:
I doubt PK tries to slew foot on an icing. I've never seen it done actually. I've seen trips, maybe semi-accidental ones, but no slew foot.

Jesus man, get real. He is a dirty player, take off the homer glasses.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:

I don't think he's a dirty player either, just a young kid playing hard and sometimes making mistakes or flat out making a stupid decision.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Its not about appreciating the skill. I've seen the skill. I've also seen blind turnovers under zero pressure, and pinches at very strange times of the game. In a market like montreal, you have to learn how to simplify when things are going bad, or you will just end up making things worse, and I hope he learns that eventually. Subban is not ready for the role he's been pushed into.... so its not all his fault, but sorry, he has been bad.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Its not about appreciating the skill. I've seen the skill. I've also seen blind turnovers under zero pressure, and pinches at very strange times of the game. In a market like montreal, you have to learn how to simplify when things are going bad, or you will just end up making things worse, and I hope he learns that eventually. Subban is not ready for the role he's been pushed into.... so its not all his fault, but sorry, he has been bad.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Hes our best player back there, and the coach awards his ice-time accordingly.