HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan McDonagh (1/23: Skating in practice; only had wind knocked out of him)

Old
01-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What a laughable group of fans. I mean, really. The guy plastered McDonagh into the boards from behind. He had all the time in the world to pull up. And these so-called hockey fans think that it wasn't that bad? Give me a break. Anyone who has ever laced them up knows that that hit was completely reckless and Ference showed ZERO respect to his fellow player's health and well being when he threw it. To sit there and whine that it should have been two minutes is mildly disturbing at best.

For fans of an Original Six team in a big time hockey area to think that that hit did not deserve the penalty it received is disgraceful.
Agreed! I was annoyed when players on our team (Wolski and Deveaux) cheap-shotted others this year, even though I am a Ranger fan first as someone who has played hockey you have to have respect for one another out there. The Ference hit was dirty and unnecessary, he should have gotten 5 IMO. I am more concerned with McDonagh's health.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:40 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
When do they say that? Shanahan always says in videos 'we took into account that x player suffered a concussion from this' or something along those lines.
You can decipher those Shanahan videos? The NHL seems to change their criteria on a daily basis. I'm still trying to figure out how Zuccarello got a $2,500 fine for boarding Clifford and Fistric gives Weber a forearm smash to the head and gets nothing. This is after Fistric was suspended 3 games for hitting Nino of the Islanders.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:42 PM
sickboy35

wow i was just reading the Bruins boards and those people might be the biggest homers I have ever seen on these boards and thats sayin alot. They are actually blaming McD for not having the balance to not kill himself? If it were any of their players like Savard, I know not playing but for purpose of example, they would be having a cow and they should but to just deny Ferance did anything wrong is a total ********* move and I will be honest made me want to fight with them. good thing Im calmer these days.

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:43 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/GlobeFluto/st...13445134110720

Boston Globe Bruins beat writer

Are the Bruins accusing the Rangers of hiding McD's status? Someone told this guy about the medical file. McDonagh is OK and the Rangers are trying to get a Bruin suspended?

The hearing started at 10 and at 11,this tweet appears.
Not at all...there was some concern that in incidents involving Bruins players the opposing teams released medical information early perhaps in an effort to influence the hearing...Dupont is offering a kudos to the NYR org.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The RDS guy had it first. It hasn't been confirmed by anyone else.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:46 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
If Marchand got 5 for flipping Salo, I don't see why this shouldn't get 5 as well. Although all crimes committed against the Rangers never go fully punished, so I'm gonna say 3 games is what he'll get.
Marchand got 5 because he was fined earlier this season for a slewfoot against one of the Pens, hence he had repeat offender status.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
wow i was just reading the Bruins boards and those people might be the biggest homers I have ever seen on these boards and thats sayin alot. They are actually blaming McD for not having the balance to not kill himself? If it were any of their players like Savard, I know not playing but for purpose of example, they would be having a cow and they should but to just deny Ferance did anything wrong is a total ********* move and I will be honest made me want to fight with them. good thing Im calmer these days.
Not to go ot but have you ever been to Boston? I'd never seen a city go out of their way to profit on there hatred for everything NY. Of course they are going to be extensively homerific in this instance.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:49 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
It's Boston. They are like that in EVERY sport.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Not at all...there was some concern that in incidents involving Bruins players the opposing teams released medical information early perhaps in an effort to influence the hearing...Dupont is offering a kudos to the NYR org.
It wasn't Dupont. It was Fluto Shinzawa.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:52 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
RDS reports Ference is suspended for 3 games for Ryan McDonagh hit. It appears delay in ruling was for gathering info on McDonagh injury
https://twitter.com/#!/HackswithHagg...73571123679232

What does that mean?

Old
Machinehead
★★★★

3 is fair. I don't think it was deliberate intent, just a reckless play. To me, deliberate intent is far worse than just a reckless play and should be punished accordingly.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Shanahan is taking injury into consideration. They probably wanted to find out if McDonagh will be out an extended period of time.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:53 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
It wasn't Dupont. It was Fluto Shinzawa.
Either way Fluto or Dupont...it's still them holding the Rangers org in higher esteem than either Buffalo or Vancouver...I believe the Sabres released that Miller was concussed and it turned out to be false IIRC.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Subtle knocking at the rangers ?

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
3 is fair. I don't think it was deliberate intent, just a reckless play. To me, deliberate intent is far worse than just a reckless play and should be punished accordingly.
Exactly. Lack of intent is a mitigating factor in this. If there is no intent to injure, than the suspension will be reduced. If Ference actually intended to hurt McDonagh (and we'd know by his on ice actions), he'd of gotten 20+ for it. Since it was just a moronic, reckless play, three to five is OK. I would have preferred 5, but I can live with three.

If Ference was not a moron and had let up like any non-moron would have, he'd be playing today.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:02 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs
RDS reports Ference is suspended for 3 games for Ryan McDonagh hit. It appears delay in ruling was for gathering info on McDonagh injury

The above makes me think that McDonagh isn't injured seriously. And that's good, obviously.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Shanahan video

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=151724

Old
Vitto79

I dont really care how many game he gets , is McD ok or what?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...een-suspended/

The video

Reports submitted to the NHL. No apparent injury to McD at this time. Good news.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

And look. The Shanny video says exactly what I was trying to explain to a number of hard headed Bruins fans last night. Go figure. Once again, I am the voice of reason.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I BEAT RB!

Woo!

Old
01-22-2012, 02:05 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Fair and with a very good explanation.

01-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs

The above makes me think that McDonagh isn't injured seriously. And that's good, obviously.
Shanny says McDonagh is NOT INJURED!!!

Old
01-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Fair and with a very good explanation.
Yep. The exact explanation myself and a number of our fans were using last night to the Broons fans. I wanted 5, Broons fans wanted none. He split the difference. I can accept 3.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:

Yeah, even the flyer fans freely admitted that they were given gift wrapped calls in the WC. boston is just a whole different animal. But who else could Jack Edwards possible announce for than a group like that?

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote