HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Smith-Pelly and Beleskey to Toronto

Old
01-22-2012, 12:34 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Nope DSP was a rare surprise making the roster so quickly, this guy will only get better along side a new kid line next season. But enough of that, so if DSP is traded we can easily fetch a roster player that isn't UFA. In that regard I pass
Like I said, would you do it for MacArthur or Colborne?

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

A power forward who can actually play in the NHL at 18 (instead of 21-22 when they normally do) is a big deal. Not the kind of player who gets traded for a prospect unless the prospect has top line potential or as part of a package for a proven player IMO. He's also worth more to the Ducks right now because there's a lack of size in both the current organization and the prospect pool.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I don't really see why a prospect like DSP is untouchable, kid could well be a good player, but if you could package him to get a top 6 forward for example you'd have to at least consider it.
Word. Even prospects like Etem, Palmieri, and Schultz are worth considering if the right opportunity is there.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Word. Even prospects like Etem, Palmieri, and Schultz are worth considering if the right opportunity is there.
What opportunity? Parise signed? Yes....Weber/Sutter signed? Yes

Leaf players? Hell no

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
What opportunity? Parise signed? Yes....Weber/Sutter signed? Yes

Leaf players? Hell no
I didn't offer those players to Toronto. DSP is on a lower tier than them, and I would gladly sacrifice a prospect like him if it meant getting a 2C like Grabovski long-term.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah but it depends whats being offered. There are 3 areas we could move to upgrade in the top 6. 2nd line center for next year, LW for Getz-Perry for next year, or 2nd line LW for Koivu-Selanne this year. Hagman has done a good enough job that i would likely cross the last one off the list. I don't see who the leafs would be offering to fill either our top line LW spot, or 2nd line center spot next year. Colbourne is nice but i wouldn't trade DSP for him when we can either use Holland or bring back Saku.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Yeah but it depends whats being offered. There are 3 areas we could move to upgrade in the top 6. 2nd line center for next year, LW for Getz-Perry for next year, or 2nd line LW for Koivu-Selanne this year. Hagman has done a good enough job that i would likely cross the last one off the list. I don't see who the leafs would be offering to fill either our top line LW spot, or 2nd line center spot next year. Colbourne is nice but i wouldn't trade DSP for him when we can either use Holland or bring back Saku.
I don't know why you guys think I'm on a different page than you.

This is the only offer in this thread I would be willing to do:
DSP+Beleskey for Grabovski with a conditional first if he walked. Grabovski is a good option for second line center, even if it carries some risk.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

DSP+Beleskey for Grabovski with a conditional first if he walked. Grabovski is a good option for second line center, even if it carries some risk.
Because Grabovski WILL walk. So you're trading those two for a mid-round 1st.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:

I personally wouldn't do that. If we make that move we are pushing for the playoffs and you are counting on Grabo to slide into the 2C and have instant chemistry. We can't afford to drop a few games while they learn to play with each other. So if Grabo walks it not only kills our very slim chance of making the playoffs but trades Beleskey and DSP for a 1st.

If we want Grabo's rights we can trade a 6th or 7th for them after the season.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
It is not guaranteed that he'll walk.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
I personally wouldn't do that. If we make that move we are pushing for the playoffs and you are counting on Grabo to slide into the 2C and have instant chemistry. We can't afford to drop a few games while they learn to play with each other. So if Grabo walks it not only kills our very slim chance of making the playoffs but trades Beleskey and DSP for a 1st.

If we want Grabo's rights we can trade a 6th or 7th for them after the season.
No. If we make that move it's because we're planning for next season. We are not going to be the only team looking at Grabovski. Getting a jump on the competition is important. Giving him some time with the team can help that. Look, we have Koivu to center the 2nd line still. Having a third line center that happens to be a good second line center is pretty ****ing far from jeopardizing what we have in the present.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
It is not guaranteed that he'll walk.
He's going to want UFA 2nd line center money. The Ducks have to re-sign Perry and Getzlaf next year. He has zero reason to give Anaheim a discount. Do the math. The chances of him walking are high enough the trade should be made assuming he will.

All of which avoids the fact that he's probably worth a hell of a lot more than DSP and Beleskey a the trade deadline.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

The Leafs would not and should not trade Colborne for DSP

The Ducks would not and should not trade DSP for Colborne.

DSP isn't untouchable, but like others have said, he'd only be available in a larger package for a proven 2nd line center with a contract or a top-2 man with a contract.
The organization and fans love the kid and he brings a lot of what our current team is lacking, he's only going to get bigger and stronger and we desperately need his type of game, so basically it's not going to happen.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
He's going to want UFA 2nd line center money. The Ducks have to re-sign Perry and Getzlaf next year. He has zero reason to give Anaheim a discount. Do the math. The chances of him walking are high enough the trade should be made assuming he will.

All of which avoids the fact that he's probably worth a hell of a lot more than DSP and Beleskey a the trade deadline.
So, we just need to find a dirt cheap option as a 2nd line center. No one is going to give us that discount. Maybe we just might have to take a risk to get the player we need, and we're probably going to have to pay that person to play here.

Obviously, the Leafs won't consider doing this. They need him if they're going to have a shot at the playoffs.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
I didn't offer those players to Toronto. DSP is on a lower tier than them, and I would gladly sacrifice a prospect like him if it meant getting a 2C like Grabovski long-term.
We already gave Toronto there next star D man in Gardiner now you wanna give them another stud foward who will likely exceed expectations?

No thanks and I think the Ducks should just end talks with Toronto all together :/

Old
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Exactly and a pic that won't likely land a player that we need ASAP. There's to many Hollands and Palm's in our organization that need time to develop. Why take another one? I'm not even convinced Holland will ever see the Ducks lineup long term to begin with "sigh"

Old
01-22-2012, 03:10 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

TML: Building their franchise one Duck at a time.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
So, we just need to find a dirt cheap option as a 2nd line center. No one is going to give us that discount. Maybe we just might have to take a risk to get the player we need, and we're probably going to have to pay that person to play here.

Obviously, the Leafs won't consider doing this. They need him if they're going to have a shot at the playoffs.
The player will definitely need to be paid, but why throw away assets as well? He's an UFA who the Toronto fans think will want big money, so he'll likely be available July 1 to throw money at. Besides, Toronto isn't going to make that trade right now because it'll guarantee they miss the playoffs, so you're talking about an off-season trade or trade deadline trade at best, and they'll get far better offers than DSP and Beleskey. Off-season you'll trade a 5th/6th for his rights, and that's still a bad deal.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

im tired of my fellow duck fans saying we need a 2nd line center.

stack saku koivu up against the other 2nd line centers in the league. he's actually a very good one. duck fans got so spoiled by mcdonald and getzlaf that they think you need two no.1 C's

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:09 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
im tired of my fellow duck fans saying we need a 2nd line center.

stack saku koivu up against the other 2nd line centers in the league. he's actually a very good one. duck fans got so spoiled by mcdonald and getzlaf that they think you need two no.1 C's
For next year I assume is what most Ducks fans mean. It's a lot to ask an aging Koivu next season, and we don't even know if he'll be back.

I would love him back though, 2C or 3C. They just need another center to take some weight off his shoulders (Especially with faceoffs, hopefully Bonino can do this).

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:25 PM
IDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
For next year I assume is what most Ducks fans mean. It's a lot to ask an aging Koivu next season, and we don't even know if he'll be back.

I would love him back though, 2C or 3C. They just need another center to take some weight off his shoulders (Especially with faceoffs, hopefully Bonino can do this).

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
We already gave Toronto there next star D man in Gardiner now you wanna give them another stud foward who will likely exceed expectations?

No thanks and I think the Ducks should just end talks with Toronto all together :/
He is a 21 year old rookie with 11 points in 40 games..... He has potentiel but the next "star" defensemen? no

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Griffski

I doubt the ducks would trade a top prospect at this point... But I would give a lot for DSP or Etem.

Griffski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:41 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
What would it take to get Devante Smith-Pelly and/or Matt Beleskey to Toronto?
Didn't Beleskey pass through waivers a few months ago? He could be had pretty cheap.

As for DSP, the Ducks a high on him, so the price will be steep.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote