HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you support the Habs moving back to 2313 Saint Catherine Street?

Old
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
ThaDevilGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
What is it with Habs fans and their freakish living in the past mentality.
Many of them are just trolls anyway. Others are older than the HF average.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
You guys should fix the roads instead.

I know Montrealers don't like advices coming from Quebec city, but it is really nice to have nice roads!

(PLEASE don't respond to this post in inflammatory ways, I'm semi-joking)
I agree. Invest in the roads instead.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
SB164

Habarenos, you are one of the strangest posters in this board.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:48 PM
lxzred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I agree. Invest in the roads instead.
And just maybe the bridges,
Montreal's bridges are falling down, falling down, Montreal's bridges are falling down...one every couple of years.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
It will be significantly smaller than the Bell. No.
the Fourm could hold OVER 18000 people.

It could be expanded to add in a few thousand more seats and boxes.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:03 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
The Bell Centre is a much, much nicer place to watch a game in.
Both buildings are/were great imo. My only regret is that I didn't walk thru the Forum and take a million pictures before it closed.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:06 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
im happy the habs moved away from the forum. probably saved me thousands of dollars on my rent on Du Fort

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Sheer idiocy, comparable to going back to trans-Atlantic sailing ships or waiting for the late Roget Doucet to sing the national anthems. The address didn't create the dynasty, the Habs made the address memorable.
You call yourself a Habs fan?
The MOST FAMOUS building in all pro hockey, and you just spit on it .

Sorrta just like now how they turned it into a mall..

Travesty.

The Habs should still be there!

The Habs don't need the Bell Centre , let Bell Centre have the concerts...and return back us to the place we should have NEVER LEFT.

The Fourm is the mecca , and if you remember when they opened Bell why did they light the ice on fire??

Yes trying to bring over the Ghosts....they never came..

The building still stands ,is a national historic site ,and the HABS SHOULD plan to return back home.

The Bell can stand on it's own,never would miss the Habs .

If you polled the Montreal fans i bet you 85-90% would say return to old Forum .....

It's still there , never a wrong time to right a MISTAKE.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:10 PM
blueinmtl

The sentimentalist in me sees the 70's Habs streaking down the wings & obliterating all opposition in the Forum...sure, yeah, great idea!

But that won't come back, not with the way the league is structured now.

What I'd love (cue fantasy of being billionaire Habs owner with sufficient alternate revenue streams to not mind profit margins) is to make the current arena a bit more...well, you know, like making the seats 3 colours; re-introduce standing room between white & blues, back of blues (let the lux boxes around the reds stand, suits the territory); no piped-in god awful soul-crushing music, live organ only; take down stupid massive scoreboard up above, reduce size (keep digital clock) & bring some strip of HD scoreboard in corners with shots on goal, etc.; trumpets allowed again; reduce prices of all seats except lux boxes and reds; no ads on boards; no goal horn...then I wake up.

Went to a game in Ottawa last season. Inside the arena there was NO difference to our place. Let the fans create more of the atmosphere, don't stultify them in order to sell cell phone packages or whatever.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:10 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
the Fourm could hold OVER 18000 people.

It could be expanded to add in a few thousand more seats and boxes.
But why on Gods green earth would they?!

We play downtown in the largest, state of the art arena that's basically brand new. What possible reason would denying have to go back to the old forum that's a shopping mall right now? None, zippo, nada, zero etc etc etc.

Nonsense thread.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:15 PM
coolasprICE

Nothing will ever replicate the experience of the old forum -- younger posters and their `` stop living in the past`` comments should keep it to themselves because they have no clue what they are talking about

the bell centre generation will never get it , so I say shut up to them if you dont have anything nice to say or want to accuse people that they are living in the past (when they`re likely just having fun with the idea) everytime they bring up a part of history that you weren`t part of

thank you

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
It's unreal.

But I miss the Montreal Forum so much. It's the Home of the true Canadiens players, builders and fans.

The Bell Centre looks like a nightclub
The could take the old barn and really do it up big time....

Just go look at BC Place , night vs day now ....

Old
01-22-2012, 02:26 PM
AntonCH

The move was made for the luxury boxes 2 rows v 1
Add the extra 3000 seats, more reds and less whites and blues and there's your answer
Hockey is a business and no matter what they spent the old building could never match the new due to constraints. It's all about the money!

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:31 PM
blueinmtl

I don't think we should move back. The location, outdoor plaza, the look of the new building, seating capacity, hell even the little hall of fame downstairs, all great. trains, metro, parking & highways, everything is right there. You have to be careful about nostalgia: why not move back to the Provigo on Mount Royal, we used to play there too?

Packers are a very different prospect, the fans already own them so who else would put up the money? Plus no other options outside of Lambeau, Camp Randall not theirs & building a new stadium much more expensive.

But the inside & actual game-day experience could use way more of a lean toward a hockey-conscious public, not unlike Fenway or Lambeau or Michigan Stadium do for their fans.

Oh and we should choose one name divorced from a corporate entity for the place.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Nothing will ever replicate the experience of the old forum -- younger posters and their `` stop living in the past`` comments should keep it to themselves because they have no clue what they are talking about

the bell centre generation will never get it , so I say shut up to them if you dont have anything nice to say or want to accuse people that they are living in the past (when they`re likely just having fun with the idea) everytime they bring up a part of history that you weren`t part of

thank you
Thanks coolasprICE,

It makes my blood boil to hear the disrespect people got here.They simply forget.

I really don't think it's a wacky idea,to propose to return back home .

The Fourm would be strictly for Montreal Canadiens only , no concerts nothing, let the Bell Centre have all that stuff.

Being a natonal heritage site, we could likley get the feds to kick in some dollars, and the rest could be raised by FANS.

Like Green Bay just did , sold stock to the fans,that has no value other than the right to say you own a small piece of the Pakcers in certificate form.....

Raised over 250 million in a very short period of time too to KEEP THERE HERITAGE!!!

I got full confidence enough REAL HAB FANS all across Canada, would throw in 100 -200 dollars to buy back and help redo and expand/update the old FORUM ,our real HOME....

Old
01-22-2012, 02:35 PM
andy28

Quote:
Yeah but the younger posters are not saying this into response to people merely being nostalgic. This is a response to someone suggesting they move back. The location is not magic, there are no ghosts, and even a new forum would not replicate the old one. The game is no longer the same. Arenas used to have signature names. Now they are named after companies. The boards used to be white. Now they are plastered with ads.

TD Garden hasn't been a curse for the B's.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Pleky Roks

It's funny....I don't hear them complaining in Chicago or Toronto....or anywhere else around the league where a new arena has been built. All those old buildings have their special place in fans hearts....but times change!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Bell Center is great, and altogether much better from a business perspective. The older posters need to stop living in the past, things will continually change forever. The arena doesn't make the team. The team makes the arena.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
andy28

Quote:
Thanks coolasprICE,

It makes my blood boil to hear the disrespect people got here.They simply forget.
People are not disrespecting the Forum, or Habs history. But a building is a building.

Haven't you ever seen the movie Up?

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:43 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

thank you
Guy Lafleur, Maurice Richard and Jean Beliveau won't come back in their primes if we move back to the forum. The younger posters here, of which I'm part, are not saying the Bell Center is a better experience than the Forum, just that the past is past and moving back there is frankly a boneheaded idea because its a move entirely based on nostalgia that does not take account of practicality and economics. Furthermore I'd rather a 21000 arena then 18000 because more people can go and see a game live.

You don't waste hundreds of millions on irrational and irresponsible emotional moves.

For the record one thing I would abuse of if I had a time machine would be going back to see games at the forum. Sadly time machines don't exist. We can't force our players to grow moustaches, win every game 7-1 and ask the fans to dress like the 70ies.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:45 PM
habitue*

Come on !

Stop living in the past.

We are in 2012. The Forum was too small and there was no place to expand around. Now, it is just an empty shell filled with garbage (cinémas and shops). The building was not responding to the NHL criterias and had not enough seats to meet the financial burden of a pro team. Anyway, we don't even have the same type of team.

You can dream as much as you can.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
It's funny....I don't hear them complaining in Chicago or Toronto....or anywhere else around the league where a new arena has been built. All those old buildings have their special place in fans hearts....but times change!!
Your just like a sell out for money hound, reason Montreal left for Bell....

As i said , BELL is so successful now , it wouldn't miss the Habs at all.

So what holds us back now?

The Red Sox and Cub fans would riot in the streets, just go tell them there moving ....

Why did Green Bay fans out of there own pocket pay to revamp there stadium??/why didn't they just say times change???

THE HABS (Montreal Forum) is the same building, something money should have never drove us out from....

It still stands there today, no reason we can't go back home..
It's not like it can only hold 12,000 ppl....

It could hold over 18,000 and to add an extra 2500-3000 seats and boxes, or up the tickets a little bit,you reconnect back to our HERITAGE.

What is so crazy about that?

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-22-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old
01-22-2012, 02:48 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Your just like a sell out for money hound, reason Montreal left....

As i said , BELL is so successful now , it wouldn't miss the Habs at all.

So what holds us back now?

The Red Sox and Cub fans would riot in the streets, just go tell them there moving ....

THE HABS (Montreal Forum) is the same building, something money should have never drove us out from....

It still stand there today, no reason we can't go back home..
It;s not like it can only hold 12,000 ppl....

It could hold over 18,000 and to add an extra 2500-3000 seats and boxes, and up the ticket a little bit,you reconnect back to our HERITAGE.

What is so crazy about that?
I'd rather see the Habs send Gomez in the minors if they have money to waste.

For the record I was just talking to my 68 yr old life long hab fan dad and asked him if he'd like it if the Habs returned to the forums. He laughed, complained about the stupid columns and said its a terrible idea

He did say the ghosts would likely help the team tho

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I'd rather see the Habs send Gomez in the minors if they have money to waste.

For the record I was just talking to my 68 yr old life long hab fan dad and asked him if he'd like it if the Habs returned to the forums. He laughed, complained about the stupid columns and said its a terrible idea

He did say the ghosts would likely help the team tho
I'm talking about going back to the land.....2313

Obviously the roof would need to come off to add few more seats(there goes columns or could be addressed then)

THE INSIDES WOULD BE REDONE IN 2012 style ...

The Bell Centre might have what other 15-20 years left?Hockey rinks last about less than 40 years today.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-22-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old
01-22-2012, 03:03 PM
habitue*

Quote:
I'm talking about going back to the land.....2313

Obviously the roof would need to come off to add few more seats(there goes columns or could be addressed then)

THE INSIDES WOULD BE REDONE IN 2012 style ...

The Bell Centre might have what other 15-20 years left?
What for ?

There is 4 streets surrounding the building. NO PLACE to have a bigger one.

Thre is no logical reason to re-build a new Forum. Give your head a shake.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote