HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rene Bourque OR Michael Cammalleri?

View Poll Results: Who would you rather be on the Habs?
Rene Bourque 219 81.72%
Michael Cammalleri 49 18.28%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-22-2012, 10:50 AM
niftymove

vCash: 500
Bourque...finally

Partially for what we get for the bucks

partially for the rest of the trade, specialy that 2nd round choice in 2013

niftymove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
E = CH²

For me, the question is complicated.

It all depends on what coach we plan to go forward with. If the plan is to keep RC there, then I'd say Bourque.

If the plan is to have an actual intelligent coach capable of working with the assets he has instead of what he wished he had, then I'd rather have the high maintenance 40g ppg player.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Pleky Roks

The fact that Bourque has broken a sweat already in his young Hab career is reason for me to be glad that Cammalleri is gone!!

Cammalleri might be a good sniper and great in the playoffs....but you can't snipe goals when you don't work hard and try hard....and you can't be awesome in the playoffs when you don't help your team make the playoffs. Cammalleri had a rotten attitude...he was selfish and called the team he played for a bunch of losers while he was the only player who wasn't giving 100% on the ice!!! That really bothered me to hear him say those things. I'm very very very glad Gaulthier made the trade he made and got rid of the cancer that Cammalleri was....plus getting a 2nd round pick, another good prospect and freeing up $2.7 million in cap space.

Anybody who would rather have a midget like Cammalleri over a big guy like Bourque needs their heads examined!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:17 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Bork + 2nd rounder + prospect

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Cammalleri in the right team >>> Bourque anyday. If he was paired with a big centerman, and his role was simply to snipe a goal here and there, he'd succeed. People saying Bourque goes in front of the net, exactly what Cammalleri didn't do? k. Thats not what he was brought here to do, that was never his specialty. We realized that he wasn't the proper fit, and he didn't fit with the current mold we have... and we moved him. I'm okay with the return. Bourque will never be a goalie's nightmare during the playoffs, but he'll chip one in here and there. We saved cap space. Decent deal, doesn't mean we have the better player. They do.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
borker

3.3 is nothing on the cap these days AND, it's easier to trade 3.3 than 6 million dollars on the cap.
Rene Bourque makes $3.3 for the next four years AFTER this one.
Cammy makes $6 million for just one more year after this one.

I'd say during the off-season, Cammy's contract is a much easier one to unload.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Bork + 2nd rounder + prospect
Agreed.

For me it's not Cammalleri vs Bork, that I'm especially excited about.
It's Bork with 1/2 the cap hit + 2nd+ prospect.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Dr_Hook

Trading Cammalleri was the right move but I did not like the trade : would have rather gone for younger player, I don't like the 4½ yrs term on enigmatic (some out west say lazy ?) player and also have the pick be a 2012 not 2013.

Having said all that, I'm gonna say Bourque, would it only be cause Cammy was becoming a poisonous influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

It's 2 more actually. Which makes it a little more riskier move to take his deal on. Still, unless Cam totally bombs in Calgary, I kindda agree still.

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
FF de Mars

On two shots on the PP last night against Toronto (one by Pacioretty and one by Cole), I was sure that if it was Cammy, he would have scored. He has one of the best shot in the league. But with that logic, MAB would be making a lot more money than he is. So I don't really know yet.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Captain Saku

I can't find any other asset than his shot for cammalleri. He can't dangle, terrible on the boards and very average hockey sense.

I'm not thrilled with what I've seen from Bourque so far either but he addresses a much bigger need for us

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:56 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I'd much rather have Cammalleri in the playoffs but thats it.

I don't think Bourque is better but at least he bring a physical element to the game and is much cheaper. I think the 2nd&prospect make up favorably for us for the difference in talent and salary.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hook View Post
It's 2 more actually. Which makes it a little more riskier move to take his deal on. Still, unless Cam totally bombs in Calgary, I kindda agree still.
You're right, don't know why I was thinking it was only one more year after this one.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Pleky Roks

I really don't understand some Hab fans sometimes!!! They cry and cry about how small the team is and how players are getting paid big money and not putting up points.

We go and get rid of a small, overpaid forward in exchange for a 6'3 winger whos scored more goals for half the price and people still complain!!! Not to mention we got a 2nd round pick and a good prospect too!!!

Cammalleri was small and weak! Since his shoulder injury, he's even smaller and weaker and has no intentions in going into corners and working his butt off or taking hits to make plays. The guy scored 39 goals ONCE and that was playing with Iginla. He'll never likely score 30 goals again in his career because he's fragile and small. Bourque has the size and grit to get into those tough areas to score tough goals....and he's been able to play more games per season.

Any midget with a big enough ego to call his team a bunch of losers and not admit that he was the worst out of the bunch....deserves his walking papers! The fact that we got the same amount of production for half the salary in a much bigger Bourque....makes the trade a no brainer!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
You're right, don't know why I was thinking it was only one more year after this one.
I usually agree with you but on this one... no way!

I much prefer 4 more years with big – not afraid of heavy circulation - Bourque (25 goals scorer) at 3M$ per than 2 more year with pouting smurf (25 goals scorer) Cammalleri at 6M$ per.

Especially, from a "tradable" perspective, if you factor in the fact that Bourque's salary is on the decline while Cammalleri's salary will increase.

PS not to mention the 2nd round pick and prospect - Patrick Holland.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Belso

Bourque will need time to get to know the players before seeing his potential. Until he deos, I don't expect much.. That being said, he needs ice time to improve..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:22 PM
PunkinDrublic*

The way he handled Hendericks the other night ! Bourque for sure ! A breath of fresh air !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

funny how everyone was calling Cammy our "premiere sniper" and how we lost the trade yet when you look at this poll everyone votes for Bourque. WTF is going on here. I know I voter for rene. Screw cammy he is one of the most overrated players in the NHL IMO

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:13 PM
axman88

Since the trade:

Name...................................GP......... .G........A.........Pts.......PIM..........+/-

Mike Cammalleri........................5...........1... .....0...........1..........4............-4

Rene Bourque...........................5...........2... .....1...........3..........5.............1

updated: January 25, 2012

Last edited by axman88: 01-25-2012 at 10:43 PM.
axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:26 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Since the trade:

Name...................................GP......... .G........A.........Pts.......PIM..........+/-

Mike Cammalleri........................5...........1... .....0...........1..........4............-4

Rene Bourque...........................4...........1... .....0...........1..........5.............0
i watched the flames last night, Cammy was his lazy self in the D zone

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Picaroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
For me, the question is complicated.

It all depends on what coach we plan to go forward with. If the plan is to keep RC there, then I'd say Bourque.

If the plan is to have an actual intelligent coach capable of working with the assets he has instead of what he wished he had, then I'd rather have the high maintenance 40g ppg player.
This is a good point. But, Bourque with the right coach is a 30 goal guy that hits, goes in to the dirty areas and puts in an effort on d. I would rather give up the 10 goals/20 points for the extra stuff Bourque can bring that Cammy never would.

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Player for player? Cammy no doubt.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:00 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Towards Cammalleri's end here, I think everyone had grown tired of his effortless games and his ineffectiveness in helping the team win. I think most of us would be happier without him, regardless of what the alternative is.
It all depends on what they do with the cap space honestly. If they use it to sign a real player who tries every night I won't care that we got Bourque + 2nd + prospect for Cammy. If we waste the space on another Cammy I'm going to be pissed.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

No chance, if you think moving a bad contract once is tough try moving it twice! If Cammy doesn't pick it up they are stuck with his lazy self dragging that team down and our lovely 2nd rounder up

Bourque is the more valuable player by far and the pick is the most valuable part. Holland is icing on the cake.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
No chance, if you think moving a bad contract once is tough try moving it twice! If Cammy doesn't pick it up they are stuck with his lazy self dragging that team down and our lovely 2nd rounder up

Bourque is the more valuable player by far and the pick is the most valuable part. Holland is icing on the cake.
This, this, and this.

Cammalleri is still old terrible self in Calgary, the 39 goal scorer is gone folks.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

agreed, people seems to forget his contract is backloaded... so while his cap hit is 6M, the last two years he's paid 7...

so, no chance he gets dumped if he doesnt pick up his game.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote