HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars and GBR: Game #46 - Rangers @ Bruins 1/21/2012

Old
01-22-2012, 12:31 PM
truebluegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I think this game has the chance to set up something special between these two teams for the rest of the season as well as for the next couple of years. This possibly could be the next Caps-Pens in terms of a generated rivalry with 2 teams built similarly. The only thing would be a playoff series to make this legit. I hope it happens.
Yep, also setting up a possible Winter Classic in NY in a few years as well. Two rivals, original six teams, boston and ny.........

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Bone for your jar

B's fan here. See that I'm stepping into a minefield of sorts, but anyhow:

First of all, I hope McDonagh is ok. We can debate the hit and the degree of intent until we're blue in the face, but at the end of the day the most important thing is that a player's life and career not be damaged.

Second of all, I thought yesterday, up until that incident, was a fantastic game, tight and hard-fought. For a regular season game, it was downright epic. Lots to admire in the Rangers team.

I see that some of you are wanting to take the B's down a notch or two (or maybe more). That's fine. Truth is, they're vulnerable and flawed like every other team, so if you want to put them down, you have plenty of ammunition. Just realize that the two teams are quite similar in many ways, and that at a certain point, diminishing the quality of a rival you just barely beat ends up diminishing your own.

Here's to more great games, and to McD's health.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:58 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
B's fan here. See that I'm stepping into a minefield of sorts, but anyhow:

First of all, I hope McDonagh is ok. We can debate the hit and the degree of intent until we're blue in the face, but at the end of the day the most important thing is that a player's life and career not be damaged.

Second of all, I thought yesterday, up until that incident, was a fantastic game, tight and hard-fought. For a regular season game, it was downright epic. Lots to admire in the Rangers team.

I see that some of you are wanting to take the B's down a notch or two (or maybe more). That's fine. Truth is, they're vulnerable and flawed like every other team, so if you want to put them down, you have plenty of ammunition. Just realize that the two teams are quite similar in many ways, and that at a certain point, diminishing the quality of a rival you just barely beat ends up diminishing your own.

Here's to more great games, and to McD's health.
I think people are just tired of hearing Bruins, Bruins, Bruins all the time when there are plenty of other good teams in the league, like the Rangers, Canucks, Blackhawks and Wings. I think some of it also has to do with the lack of respect the Rangers have been getting from the media despite that they have been 1st/2nd in the east for a while now. All the media continues to say is that they are playing above their heads and when they have to play a superpower like Boston they will come back down to earth.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think people are just tired of hearing Bruins, Bruins, Bruins all the time when there are plenty of other good teams in the league, like the Rangers, Canucks, Blackhawks and Wings. I think some of it also has to do with the lack of respect the Rangers have been getting from the media despite that they have been 1st/2nd in the east for a while now. All the media continues to say is that they are playing above their heads and when they have to play a superpower like Boston they will come back down to earth.
Yup, I hear you, that's understandable.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Affinity

Quote:
I don't know what media you're seeing but most of the things I've seen have said the Rangers are legit. It's not stupid to say though "Let's see how you fare in the playoffs". They are unproven, it's a fact. People can be skeptical of the Ranger's success so far. If anything though most of the "playing above their heads" comments I've seen have been from other people on HF.

I don't understand all the seething hate for Boston, maybe it's because a lot of you guys are Yankee/Jet fans? I'm a Met/Giant fan so I don't really care about Boston teams. I think for the most part they play a respectable game and they're pretty much how I want the Rangers to be. Sure, they have players that have done stupid things but which team doesn't? Krejci and Bergeron are class act players. After McDonagh was hit Krejci went over to him to see if he was okay. It was just a very unfortunate and stupid play and I don't think Ference is a villian here.

It was a great game though and it's a shame that the biggest thing being talked about on HF is the hit on McDonagh. Hope the next game is injury free and just as exciting!

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:01 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I don't know what media you're seeing but most of the things I've seen have said the Rangers are legit.
In comparison to the Bruins though? The fact that the media reported this as a statement game for the Rangers shows that they think the Rangers aren't for real. If the Rangers are for real they shouldn't need a statement game and if they had lost that game I am sure they would have dropped a bit in the rankings.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
SnowblindNYR

I heard that the Bruins announcer said that the Rangers did an intentional offside at the end of the game. Agree or disagree?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I heard that the Bruins announcer said that the Rangers did an intentional offside at the end of the game. Agree or disagree?
What do you mean by this? On the play that lead to the goal?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It was Del Zotto when he was trying to keep the puck in, and no, it wasn't intentional. Bruins announcers are such clowns.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
In comparison to the Bruins though? The fact that the media reported this as a statement game for the Rangers shows that they think the Rangers aren't for real. If the Rangers are for real they shouldn't need a statement game and if they had lost that game I am sure they would have dropped a bit in the rankings.
I'll tell you this much. Boston media has tons of respect for the Rangers. Our NESN crew for example, gush about what worthy rivals the Rangers are, how you play the game the right way, and how it wouldn't be surprising at all to see you in the ECF. At the Bruins board, I think you'll see the same sentiment. We may be a little defensive around suspension-related stuff, but we recognize good hockey when we see it.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Well, the Bruins just came off a Stanley Cup win and were dominating teams, albeit not top teams (other than Philly ). This is also the first season that we've really been playing like a contender so it's not really surprising. We do what they did in the playoffs and we'll get it too.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
NYRKING30

great win by the rangers yesterday. it was such a great game to watch except for a few of the dirty plays by boston by the likes of marchand and ference. im now convinced marchand is a dirty player and reminds me of matt cooke, he also needs the cooke treatment receieved for his issues. boston came at as hard all game long, we stood in there and made our plays when we had too. its really evident we need another top 6 forward in here to help our pp. something has to be done. we may win a game like that but we wont win a 2nd or 3rd round vs the bostons,philly,pittsburgh's (if healthy). even though it was a game winner its bad that we were pretty much on the power play for all of overtime and almost came away short. but great win and great day, now heres to the giants winning the nfc championship today to cap off an amazing weekend for NYC. its great that these 2 teams share the same blue.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:31 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What do you mean by this? On the play that lead to the goal?
Yeah the offsides right before the goal.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:49 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I don't know what media you're seeing but most of the things I've seen have said the Rangers are legit.

How about this media that ranks the Rangers down a spot to 4th even after that big win.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

Old
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
How about this media that ranks the Rangers down a spot to 4th even after that big win.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/
"Key Injuries: None".

Sauer?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote