HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Would you support the Habs moving back to 2313 Saint Catherine Street?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 03:04 PM
  #51
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
More importantly, I think we must take the shards of Koho to the elven smiths and reforge the stick which was broken.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:05 PM
  #52
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post

Like Green Bay just did , sold stock to the fans,that has no value other than the right to say you own a small piece of the Pakcers in certificate form.....

Raised over 250 million in a very short period of time too to KEEP THERE HERITAGE!!!
Not sure where you are actually getting this number from? As far as I can tell the actual figure is currently somewhere between 62.5 and 70 million.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
  #53
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
What for ?

There is 4 streets surrounding the building. NO PLACE to have a bigger one.

Thre is no logical reason to re-build a new Forum. Give your head a shake.
If you expand the old Forum,
what do you need something bigger than 21000 for???

As i said no concerts only HOCKEY.

Who is building a new Forum?clearly not what I;m talking about...

Good enough from 1926 to 1996

expanded to 20,.000 21,000 ,not good enough today?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:07 PM
  #54
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,238
vCash: 500
These are the types of threads you get when the team is terrible.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:08 PM
  #55
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
If you expand the old Forum,
what do you need something bigger than 21000 for???

Who is building a new Forum?
???????????????????

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
  #56
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Habaneros, if you are willing to pay for it, go for it. I wouldn't shed a penny from my pocket. Even if the team would move back to the Forum, the magic will never return. Why you ask? Because the team will still stink!

What made the Forum so great is all the memories because of all the great players and great teams and championships we saw there. This will never happen again in this age of parity! It's not the Forum that made the Habs famous, it's the Habs that made the Forum famous.

As for your suggestion of raising the roof, adding 3000 seats, re-doing the insides 2012 style... Guess what? That's the Bell Centre!!! DERP! It wouldn't even look like the Forum anymore with all the changes you are suggesting. The only difference would be the location.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:14 PM
  #57
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Habaneros, if you are willing to pay for it, go for it. I wouldn't shed a penny from my pocket. Even if the team would move back to the Forum, the magic will never return. Why you ask? Because the team will still stink!

What made the Forum so great is all the memories because of all the great players and great teams and championships we saw there. This will never happen again in this age of parity! It's not the Forum that made the Habs famous, it's the Habs that made the Forum famous.

As for your suggestion of raising the roof, adding 3000 seats, re-doing the insides 2012 style... Guess what? That's the Bell Centre!!! DERP! It wouldn't even look like the Forum anymore with all the changes you are suggesting. The only difference would be the location.

do you KNOW how many times since 1926 the FORUM was renovated?

You wouldn't pay a dime, cause you don't appreciate or got any respect ...I would .

Look at FANS WHO do...tell me how easy would this be ?


The price per share is $250
http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...1-e5a7bd776d4d
Quote:
Supporters of the Green Bay Packers’ fifth stock offering have purchased nearly 250,000 shares, the organization reported Tuesday. The team is expanding the offering by 30,000 shares to accommodate the continued interest.

The offering will continue until Feb. 29, 2012, unless prior to that date the Packers sell the maximum number of shares that they are offering.

“The support from our fans has been outstanding and we appreciate their enthusiasm,” said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. “We continue to receive interest in the offering, and this increase in the number of available shares will help ensure that we are able to accommodate all those who want to become shareholders.”

Proceeds from the offering will go toward the expansion of Lambeau Field, a $143 million project that includes 6,700 seats and new video boards and will be complete for the 2013 season. Other financing components include a traditional loan and possible NFL funding.


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-22-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
  #58
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
I'd rather bring back the Expos than re-build a Forum for a team that has already a modern arena to play.

Goeff Molson just paid 600 million for an arena and a team.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:29 PM
  #59
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I'd rather bring back the Expos than re-build a Forum for a team that has already a modern arena to play.

Goeff Molson just paid 600 million for an arena and a team.
The ARENA aka Bell Centre would never miss the Habs.
They simply book more concerts /mma/boxing or whatever....


If the Hab fans buy back The Forum, and reno it like Greenbay packer fans are now doing, where the heck is anything lost?


You don't think there isn't 250,000 -350, 000 Habs fan in Canada that would pay 250 dollar to buy a share of the old Forum?????


You don't think the feds wouldnt kick in a few dollar to a NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE?


As I mention , we got another 15-20 yr left at Bell Centre.....

Why don't we move home ,or gauge the interest...

I think you'd be very surprised in the fan support...


The Forum compared to the BIG O??


what a joke.


Most all Montreal residents want Big O torn down...what does that say?


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-22-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
  #60
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
The ARENA aka Bell Centre would never miss the Habs.
They simply book more concerts /mma/boxing or whatever....


If the Hab fans buy back The Forum, and reno it like Greenbay packer fans are now doing, where the heck is anything lost?
So, just to clarify, you're happy with an arena that looks like the Bell Centre inside, just located on a different street?

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:34 PM
  #61
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
The ARENA aka Bell Centre would never miss the Habs.
They simply book more concerts /mma/boxing or whatever....


If the Hab fans buy back The Forum, and reno it like Greenbay packer fans are now doing, where the heck is anything lost?


You don't think there isn't 250,000 -350, 000 Habs fan in Canada that would pay 250 dollar to buy a share of the old Forum?????


You don't think the feds wouldnt kick in a few dollar to a NATIONAL HISTORIC SITE?


As I mention , we got another 15-20 yr left at Bell Centre.....

Why don't we move home .
My God. What can I respond to that...... ?

Keep living in your little fantasy world if it can make you happy.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
  #62
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Nothing will ever replicate the experience of the old forum -- younger posters and their `` stop living in the past`` comments should keep it to themselves because they have no clue what they are talking about


the bell centre generation will never get it , so I say shut up to them if you dont have anything nice to say or want to accuse people that they are living in the past (when they`re likely just having fun with the idea) everytime they bring up a part of history that you weren`t part of

thank you
No, you don't get it.

It is over. Done.

There are no more dynasties. There are no more multiple cups. There are no more passionate "hockey or die" players.

Stop living in the past, because it has no bearing whatsoever on the present.

This league is a business now. The standings and cup is 100% crap shoot. Sports has come down to one big lottery.

Stop with the entitlements.

If I had a dime for every time someone supported an argument with "we were the greatest franchise we deserve better," "the Habs should be a contender every year," "we have 24 cups," ect. ect. I would be FILTHY FREAKING RICH.

The Habs don't owe you anything, nor does our history make us superior to anyone else.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:40 PM
  #63
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
My God. What can I respond to that...... ?

Keep living in your little fantasy world if it can make you happy.
Explain to me why Green Bay packer fans keep saving a near 60 yr old Lambeau field?


Why not build a new Bell Centre in Green Bay?? Answer me ..

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:41 PM
  #64
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,558
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You call yourself a Habs fan?
The MOST FAMOUS building in all pro hockey, and you just spit on it .

Sorrta just like now how they turned it into a mall..

Travesty.

The Habs should still be there!

The Habs don't need the Bell Centre , let Bell Centre have the concerts...and return back us to the place we should have NEVER LEFT.


The Fourm is the mecca , and if you remember when they opened Bell why did they light the ice on fire??

Yes trying to bring over the Ghosts....they never came..

The building still stands ,is a national historic site ,and the HABS SHOULD plan to return back home.

The Bell can stand on it's own,never would miss the Habs .

If you polled the Montreal fans i bet you 85-90% would say return to old Forum .....

It's still there , never a wrong time to right a MISTAKE.
you should start a poll then

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:43 PM
  #65
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,558
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
No, you don't get it.

It is over. Done.

There are no more dynasties. There are no more multiple cups. There are no more passionate "hockey or die" players.

Stop living in the past, because it has no bearing whatsoever on the present.

This league is a business now. The standings and cup is 100% crap shoot. Sports has come down to one big lottery.

Stop with the entitlements.

If I had a dime for every time someone supported an argument with "we were the greatest franchise we deserve better," "the Habs should be a contender every year," "we have 24 cups," ect. ect. I would be FILTHY FREAKING RICH.

The Habs don't owe you anything, nor does our history make us superior to anyone else.
yes
you can see this now
the league and owners just care about $$
in the bell centre they rent ads on the glass now

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:46 PM
  #66
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
you should start a poll then
Hockeyfuture poll, might give some type of idea, but it would need to go out to the whole fan base.

There are alot of people who appreciate the old Forum, a few on here don't value it seems, i think i know the reason ....

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:46 PM
  #67
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Explain to me why Green Bay packer fans keep saving a 60 plus yr old Lambeau field?


Why not build a new Bell Centre in Green Bay?? Answer me ..
Somewhat of a different proposition you are coming up with though.

Green Bay: kick in some money to your publically owned sports team so we can modernise and expand the only stadium we have, thus giving you a more accesable and better match day experience.

Habaneros: kick in some money to you privately owned and very wealthy sports team so we can abandon the perfectly serviceable arena we already have only to build a smaller version of it in a less suitable building just down the road. Obviously having paid for that it will then be harder and/or more expensive for you to get tickets for the place as there will be less seats....

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:53 PM
  #68
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
do you KNOW how many times since 1926 the FORUM was renovated?

You wouldn't pay a dime, cause you don't appreciate or got any respect ...I would .

Look at FANS WHO do...tell me how easy would this be ?


The price per share is $250
http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...1-e5a7bd776d4d
Well, since you like to make assumptions... I've got more respect and appreciation for the Old Forum than you do. I wouldn't want the horrible team we have now ever playing in the Forum and desecrating the wonderful memories of that once legendary place.

With all the renovations you are suggesting, it wouldn't even be the Forum anymore, it would be the Bell Centre 2.0 but only at a different address. Now THAT, is disrespecting the Forum.

And there is a huge difference between the Packers and the Habs situations. The Packers fans are paying to renovate a stadium they are already playing in, not paying to renovate an old stadium to go back too even if they are already playing in a brand new stadium. Not comparable.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:55 PM
  #69
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Somewhat of a different proposition you are coming up with though.

Green Bay: kick in some money to your publically owned sports team so we can modernise and expand the only stadium we have, thus giving you a more accesable and better match day experience.

Habaneros: kick in some money to you privately owned and very wealthy sports team so we can abandon the perfectly serviceable arena we already have only to build a smaller version of it in a less suitable building just down the road. Obviously having paid for that it will then be harder and/or more expensive for you to get tickets for the place as there will be less seats....

Habs will NEED TO leave Bell in 15-20 yrs....it's not long term..
So what's the new stadium gonna cost? 850 million?



Greenbay fans keep redoing over Lambeau field BEACUSE THEY APPRECIATE THE HISTORY.Would be easy for them to say lets build a new one...THEY DON'T FOR THE SAME REASON THE CUBS stay at Wrigley...it's more than just the game.......The fans are in a place they consider holy.

The Fourm still stands, it deserves to be better than a shopping complex....It can be brought back to life for much cheaper than 850 million it will take to build the next one ,especially with fan participation holding small ownership stakes in hockeys MOST famous building...not a hard sell... ...


1859 and 1866 the Parliament buildings were constructed in OTTAWA...why don't they build new ones?

The Whitehouse was built 1792 and 1800 why don't they build a new one?



Maybe that will help many of you get it ..


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:06 PM
  #70
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Greenbay fans keep redoing over Lambeau field BEACUSE THEY APPRECIATE THE HISTORY.Would be easy for them to say lets build a new one...THEY DON'T FOR THE SAME REASON THE CUBS stay at Wrigley...it's more than just the game.......The fans are in a place they consider holy.
And why did the Packers move to Lambeau field, pray tell?

Surely the fans should be raising money to move back to City Stadium....

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:08 PM
  #71
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
And why did the Packers move to Lambeau field, pray tell?

Surely the fans should be raising money to move back to City Stadium....
answer this question for me ,

1859 and 1866 the Parliament buildings were constructed in OTTAWA...why don't they move and build new ones?

The Whitehouse was built 1792 and 1800 why don't they move, build a new one?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:10 PM
  #72
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
1859 and 1866 the Parliament buildings were constructed in OTTAWA...why don't they build new ones?

The Whitehouse was built 1792 and 1800 why don't they build a new one?



Maybe that will help many of you get it ..
Why did the Green Bay Packers construct a new stadium in 1957, leaving the home where they had won 13 World Championships? Maybe that will help you stop using them as an example....

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
  #73
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Why did the Green Bay Packers construct a new stadium in 1957, leaving the home where they had won 13 World Championships? Maybe that will help you stop using them as an example....
your not answering my question,why hasn't Canadian Gov't moved out and built new Parliament buildings? ,built in 1859 and 1866

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
  #74
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
answer this question for me ,

1859 and 1866 the Parliament buildings were constructed in OTTAWA...why don't they move and build new ones?

The Whitehouse was built 1792 and 1800 why don't they move, build a new one?
You are not suggesting not bulding new ones though. The equivalent of what youre suggesting is the US government abandoning the White House to rebuild the Presidents House in Philadelphia.

And that is my answer. They do build new ones. The White House replaced the Presidents House. Lambeau Field replaced City Stadium. The Bell Centre replaced The Forum.

Corncob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
  #75
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
You are not suggesting not bulding new ones though. The equivalent of what youre suggesting is the US government abandoning the White House to rebuild the Presidents House in Philadelphia.

And that is my answer. They do build new ones. The White House replaced the Presidents House. Lambeau Field replaced City Stadium. The Bell Centre replaced The Forum.
I think you know the real answer.

Again the 1926 Montreal Forum ,should be held in the same light,not living now as a FUTURE SHOP

Bell Centre is meaningless....


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-22-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.