HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumours Part XXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Ruutu should be acquired with Da Costa and another prospect. Add a conditional pick if he re-signs in Ottawa.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
Ruutu should be acquired with Da Costa and another prospect. Add a conditional pick if he re-signs in Ottawa.
Depends on the prospect. If it's Puempel, Silferberg, or Noesen, the 'Canes may be interested. If it's Gryba, I doubt Rutherford picks up the phone.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Fair price, IMO. Conditional pick could be a 2012 3rd if Ruutu is not resigned before the draft, or a 2013 2nd if we resign him anytime after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Depends on the prospect. If it's Puempel, Silferberg, or Noesen, the 'Canes may be interested. If it's Gryba, I doubt Rutherford picks up the phone.
I'd be surprised if the Canes got that kind of value for a 2nd tier player.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:01 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

At this point the asking price is supposedly a 1st or a top end prospect for each of the Canes assets.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
I'd be surprised if the Canes got that kind of value for a 2nd tier player.
I think people overrate Da Costa. I don't think his value is that high.

Ruutu is a top-6 forward and plays a two-way game. While he's an UFA, he still has a lot of value. I think some team will give up a top prospect and a draft pick for him.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:33 PM
trobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Ruutu is a top-6 forward and plays a two-way game. While he's an UFA, he still has a lot of value. I think some team will give up a top prospect and a draft pick for him.
He'll fetch a 2nd, and conditional 3rd/4th if he re-signs with that team...

Old
01-22-2012, 05:11 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

I doubt we're in the running for any of the prime rental guys...

If teams like Philadelphia are ready to pay "We're a Cup Contender NOW" assets to get a guy like Gleason, we can't shouldn't compete.

We'll go deadline-day shopping once teams like the Rangers, Flyers, and Red Wings are done shopping, and pick over what's left on the market before 3PM. We should be prepared for minor deals and trade deadline leftovers... no way should we be throwing MAJOR assets away for guys like Gleason & Ruutu at this point in our rebuild.

Old
01-22-2012, 05:12 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
He'll fetch a 2nd, and conditional 3rd/4th if he re-signs with that team...
If that's all he cost, he'd have been dealt numerous times already. There is almost zero downside to whoever acquires him for that price.

Old
01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Ron Jeremy

We're rebuilding. Roll with what we have. Let the players learn how to win together. Many of then have already won the Calder Cup. Let them pull together and learn how to go for a Stanley Cup. If they make the playoffs this year it's a bonus. No one expected it. Let the process work.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:09 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
We're rebuilding. Roll with what we have. Let the players learn how to win together. Many of then have already won the Calder Cup. Let them pull together and learn how to go for a Stanley Cup. If they make the playoffs this year it's a bonus. No one expected it. Let the process work.
This. Don't trade Da Costa for a rental I hate quick fixes. Really, how many more points would Ruutu put up over Greening? Not that many more. It's so not worth it to give Da Costa and a 2nd/whatever. This team isn't winning a Cup this year with or without Ruutu.

If you want to compete and not get embarrassed, get a good 4th line centre so we can actually roll 4 lines. Getting Ruutu/Prospal and putting Greening on the 4th line cuts Greening's production a lot and only improves the offense a bit. Getting a guy like Pahlsson would be much much cheaper (I'm hoping) than Prospal/Ruutu.

And Gill. Not a huge upgrade. It's not like Craig Schira is back there and Gill is taking his place.

Just let the kids play.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
This. Don't trade Da Costa for a rental I hate quick fixes. Really, how many more points would Ruutu put up over Greening? Not that many more. It's so not worth it to give Da Costa and a 2nd/whatever. This team isn't winning a Cup this year with or without Ruutu.

If you want to compete and not get embarrassed, get a good 4th line centre so we can actually roll 4 lines. Getting Ruutu/Prospal and putting Greening on the 4th line cuts Greening's production a lot and only improves the offense a bit. Getting a guy like Pahlsson would be much much cheaper (I'm hoping) than Prospal/Ruutu.

And Gill. Not a huge upgrade. It's not like Craig Schira is back there and Gill is taking his place.

Just let the kids play.
Da Costa?

Why is Da Costa so valuable to our team? As far as I'm concerned, he's on the outside looking in since the acquisition of Turris.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:23 PM
HSF

Quote:
Da Costa?

Why is Da Costa so valuable to our team? As far as I'm concerned, he's on the outside looking in since the acquisition of Turris.
cause it has a good chance of turning into one of those stupid trades we like to make like Brooke Laich.

it is fairly clear that DaCosta has top 6 potential and he isnt going to be traded for a rental unless we know we can resign that rental or it is someone really good.

Dont act dumb injuries happen all the time especially to a guy like Spezza.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
cause it has a good chance of turning into one of those stupid trades we like to make like Brooke Laich.

it is fairly clear that DaCosta has top 6 potential and he isnt going to be traded for a rental unless we know we can resign that rental or it is someone really good.

Dont act dumb injuries happen all the time especially to a guy like Spezza.
This. Da Costa isn't big and rugged like Ruutu but he has top 6 potential and is the only centre in Bingo with decent NHL potential. There is no rush to move him now.

Old
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Da Costa?

We're on the same page as far as Da Costa goes... IMO I'd rather put him on the table as opposed to a Silfverberg or Noesen.

Old
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
We're on the same page as far as Da Costa goes... IMO I'd rather put him on the table as opposed to a Silfverberg or Noesen.
How about none?

Old
01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
This. Da Costa isn't big and rugged like Ruutu but he has top 6 potential and is the only centre in Bingo with decent NHL potential. There is no rush to move him now.
Where do you think Da Costa is on our prospect list?

Old
01-22-2012, 06:31 PM
HSF

Quote:
i think he is fairly high. After seeing him play a few nhl games this year he is very very skilled play maker and is doing well in bingo. He is furthur ahead and more certain than guys like Stone, Noesen and Puemple so sohuld be rated high

Old
01-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
How about none?
You have to give to get. Not everyone of our prospects will play for our team, no matter what people seem to think. I wouldn't trade silf, zibby or noeson, every other forward prospects game in my books.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:35 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i think he is fairly high. After seeing him play a few nhl games this year he is very very skilled play maker and is doing well in bingo. He is furthur ahead and more certain than guys like Stone, Noesen and Puemple so sohuld be rated high
Playing devils advocate here, but "further ahead" and "better" aren't even close to the same thing.

Detroit's Corey Emmerton is "further ahead in his development" than Zibanejad, but that doesn't make him the better prospect.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Does it really matter? He should only improve so his value should go up. Why sell him now?

He's behind Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Noesen, Stone, Puempel, similar to Prince, Pageau... he still has top 6 potential and is more ready than anybody except Silfverberg.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:39 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
You have to give to get. Not everyone of our prospects will play for our team, no matter what people seem to think. I wouldn't trade silf, zibby or noeson, every other forward prospects game in my books.
1-Let's wait to 'get' until we actually have a chance of winning
2-Let's get a long term upgrade, not someone who is old/will leave in July.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:39 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Realistically we aren't a cup contender, even with an addition or two. Let this team role along, and see how it goes. I don't want to see us making any big splashes, and I think Murray's on the same wave length.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

A guy like Fisher or Penner returned a mid-late 1st round pick and a second pick last year. Why would the Canes look for a lesser return for Ruutu?

01-22-2012, 06:43 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
A guy like Fisher or Penner returned a mid-late 1st round pick and a second pick last year. Why would the Canes look for a lesser return for Ruutu?
Because he doesn't have a year left on his contract.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Because Penner and Fisher both had term on their contracts?

Closed Thread