HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Marcus Nilson cut from the Devils - back in SEL?

Old
09-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Komarov47

vCash: 500
Marcus Nilson cut from the Devils - back in SEL?

Where do you think Marcus Nilson will end up since he has been cut from the Devils today? In SEL? KHL? Which SEL team could take him?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2010, 03:50 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Where do you think Marcus Nilson will end up since he has been cut from the Devils today? In SEL? KHL? Which SEL team could take him?
Only Djurgården.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Only Djurgården.
he was in Djurgarden last season or in KHL? I can't remember. Can Djurgarden afford him?

Old
09-30-2010, 02:43 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
he was in Djurgarden last season or in KHL? I can't remember. Can Djurgarden afford him?
It all depends on Nilson's demands. He rejected a four year contract to try his luck in the NHL and since then DIF has replaced him with Daniel Widing who wasn't exactly cheap.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:26 AM
GoHomez

Crappy translation but you get the idea.

Exactly what Marcus wants himself remains to be seen but this says Djurgårdens club director Tommy
Engstrom:

- This summer we offered Marcus a four-year contract which he refused as he wanted to see if he could find a place in the NHL. We told Marcus that if that didnt work out, we want him to come back. We said that he is welcome but also that "it will not be the same money, just so you know." So he knows about, "says Engstrom to the blog, and continues:

- Exactly where we stand right now, I do not know. He probably wants to play in Djurgarden, we believe, and we'd love to have him but we have not initiated any concrete negotiations yet. And when I talked to the agent (Claes Elefalk), sandwich (nickname Mackan=sandwich ) had still not spoken to him.

So you do not know if he's home yet?
- No, but I know he is on his way home and it is the most important. Then the economy puts the framework for how it will turn out. I can not say that to we at any price in the world will take get back Marcus but it gets on the economic conditions that apply now and we can accept. And Marcus knows about it.

What what will happen now, will you call and extend a hand?
- Well, we have had a dialogue with Claes (Elefalk, agent) all the time, I know him well for a long time and we have had a dialogue about Marcus, but we have not had any concrete discussions yet. But we are interested and we know Marcus. Then it's one thing to be interested and another on what he wants within the scope of the economy that we can accept.

Are there still four-year contract as you would like to discuss or is it another time scale as now?

- Actually, we are back to square one. We'll see what happens, "says Engstrom.

http://marieshockeyblogg.blogspot.co...n-staffan.html

Doesn't really say much, hopefullt they get it done. Hard to see Mackan on another team.
I believe they will sort it out someway.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
Crappy translation but you get the idea.

Exactly what Marcus wants himself remains to be seen but this says Djurgårdens club director Tommy
Engstrom:

- This summer we offered Marcus a four-year contract which he refused as he wanted to see if he could find a place in the NHL. We told Marcus that if that didnt work out, we want him to come back. We said that he is welcome but also that "it will not be the same money, just so you know." So he knows about, "says Engstrom to the blog, and continues:

- Exactly where we stand right now, I do not know. He probably wants to play in Djurgarden, we believe, and we'd love to have him but we have not initiated any concrete negotiations yet. And when I talked to the agent (Claes Elefalk), sandwich (nickname Mackan=sandwich ) had still not spoken to him.

So you do not know if he's home yet?
- No, but I know he is on his way home and it is the most important. Then the economy puts the framework for how it will turn out. I can not say that to we at any price in the world will take get back Marcus but it gets on the economic conditions that apply now and we can accept. And Marcus knows about it.

What what will happen now, will you call and extend a hand?
- Well, we have had a dialogue with Claes (Elefalk, agent) all the time, I know him well for a long time and we have had a dialogue about Marcus, but we have not had any concrete discussions yet. But we are interested and we know Marcus. Then it's one thing to be interested and another on what he wants within the scope of the economy that we can accept.

Are there still four-year contract as you would like to discuss or is it another time scale as now?

- Actually, we are back to square one. We'll see what happens, "says Engstrom.

http://marieshockeyblogg.blogspot.co...n-staffan.html

Doesn't really say much, hopefullt they get it done. Hard to see Mackan on another team.
I believe they will sort it out someway.
Thanx for the interview.

Old
10-06-2010, 02:53 AM
GoHomez

Guess most swedes know by now but for those who dont:
Nilson has now signed a for four years with Djurgarden.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:10 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Marcus Nilson has always had some decent hands, good speed, great grit, fantastic energy etc. But ever since that knee on knee with Morrow in the latter half of the 05/06 season he's been a shell of his former self. Yeah, he have made som points last years but he is soft and lazy. I Understand the loss of mobility after a knee injury, but why did his grit and energy disappeared? He used to be one of my favorite players.

Last edited by landskronala: 01-22-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Yeah i know, the tread is old...
TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote