HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 12/31 - Kings @ Stars

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Very exciting game (though not really pleasant in the 3rd). That was a terrible 3rd period, but at least they got through it. The win wouldn't have been waiting for them at the end if it weren't for Garon. Imagine if the Kings always played as they did in the 1st and 2nd periods. Imagine if the Stars always played as they did in the 3rd.

Grebeshkov looked pretty good. He didn't try too much and didn't have any major blunders. He also had no giveaways and tied Gleason for the most hits (3) in the game. I hope his performance established some trust in him. I'm eager to see him get more ice-time and opportunity. I saw a few flashes of his untapped potential.
Grebeshkov: "I played good, I didn't make many mistakes... and I got a point, that's a good night, right?"

This team needs another defenseman, preferably a PP QB that can also handle PK duty. Corvo and Dempsey each got 22 minutes tonight. Ouch. As much as we dog them, I'll credit them with handling that time and playing well enough to get the win, but this can't continue.

Matt Ryan won all 4 faceoffs that he took in his NHL debut. David Steckel also made his debut tonight (with the Caps) and lost all 3 of his.

What does Kanko have to do to impress the coach? When he plays, he gets under 3 or fewer minutes every game. Am I missing some flaw in his game? I don't want the 4th line to log mad minutes, but he and Ryan each had only 5 shifts the entire game.

Cammalleri ended his goal streak, but had some great chances to continue it. He had a couple of penalties again (he needs to work on that), but still had an overall very good game.

Brown needs to play like that every game. I don't know where he was hiding it. How can he turn it on and off like a lightswitch like that? It's like night and day. He absolutely would've had a goal if Turco hadn't tripped him. If he even showed half that hustle every night, I'd be happy. Here's hoping he keeps it up, especially until JR and/or Bure return.

Last edited by Osprey: 01-01-2006 at 03:15 AM.
Old
01-01-2006, 03:38 AM
kingsfan25

I think the Stars carried the majority of the play throughout the entire game. To varying degrees, they looked better than the King all game. Granted the Kings capitalized on their chances, but this one looked like the Phoenix game sounded.

Old
01-01-2006, 09:45 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Brown needs to play like that every game. I don't know where he was hiding it. How can he turn it on and off like a lightswitch like that?
This was a great source of frustration for many of us fans in Manchester last season. He was apt to take nights off for long stretches, uncork an incredible game then disappear for the next few. I guess that's what happens with young and inexperienced players...

Pulling back the offense and trying to ride out a lead is Murray's system/philosophy/game-plan. We've heard it from both VanBox and Hardy during the in-game interviews. This philosophy is what I dislike probably most about Murray's "game". I have never believed in the play not to lose way of thinking and never will...

Last edited by King Blazer: 01-01-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old
01-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Rob Stauber*

Dustin Brown was our best player (minus Garon) tonite. If he can get some consistency in his game, he could be the next Keith Tkachuk.

I knew very little about Matt Ryan going in but he played very well in his limited time.

Props to Grebs!

Old
01-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
he could be the next Keith Tkachuk.
What a terrible thing to say about a person.

Old
01-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Fripp

Brownie was a stud. That is all.

Old
01-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Fripp

What a night of hockey ... watched the Winter Hawks beat TBirds in a game with a full everyone-on-the-ice brawl including goalies .... Kings win a nail-biter against Dallas.

Old
01-02-2006, 01:45 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
A couple of more pics from the game:

Old
01-02-2006, 02:40 AM
LuckyLUC20

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing.