HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

March 26: JVR attended March 26 game, in walking boot (post #283)

Old
01-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Xegiie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
This is what annoys me about Jagr fans. You come over here strictly for one player, stir the pot because people see him differently than you do, tell us to shut up or **** off because of it, then once he's done as a Flyer you'll be gone.

We're far more concerned about the team, not one player. The fact is, for a hockey player he's ancient. People in their 40s do not recover quickly from injuries, that's just a fact. We, as fans of the team, are concerned about a player who has repeatedly had the same injury and is in and out of the lineup and hasn't played at full speed in weeks because of it. He isn't good defensively so he has to make it up with points, which isn't happening.
and you know what annoys me on "fans" like you? that they dont care about players, just about team, one - 2 bad matches and they want them out.
Im here because of Jagr so what? do i need to like every single player in flyer (i do) becuse ? or i shouldnt watch and cheer for any NHL team becuase im not from their town or country? lawl

its not like i dont watch flyers when Jagr is out its my favourite team now and i dont think i need to explain someone, why.
I might even stay as flyer if they wont behave like some of these fans like you want.
You know you need someone to make you like the team when they are not from your city, for me it Jagr, and i dont understand why its any of your concern.

and please tell me how he isnt making up for it with points as 3rd player in the team?
theres so many players who are even worse in def and are not even producing, hello Briere?.. but ye lets smash just jagr becuase he is injured..
i guess you are not even thinking before you post, please do so

anyway Jagr isnt only one im fan of, Giroux is fun to watch and i also want Bryz to be the goaltnder he was hired to be, and now it seems he is.

PS: just found jagr is 5th in team is +/-, making your statment about him producing and bad defence quite invalid, seems there much more players who are not making it up with producing, btw JVR -1. Have a nice day

Last edited by SnS: 01-22-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Cut the insult.
Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:34 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Guys and Gals, keep it on the posts not the poster. Please?

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:06 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
and you know what annoys me on "fans" like you? that they dont care about players, just about team, one - 2 bad matches and they want them out.
Im here because of Jagr so what? do i need to like every single player in flyer (i do) becuse ? or i shouldnt watch and cheer for any NHL team becuase im not from their town or country? lawl

its not like i dont watch flyers when Jagr is out its my favourite team now and i dont think i need to explain someone, why.
I might even stay as flyer if they wont behave like some of these fans like you want.
You know you need someone to make you like the team when they are not from your city, for me it Jagr, and i dont understand why its any of your concern.

and please tell me how he isnt making up for it with points as 3rd player in the team?
theres so many players who are even worse in def and are not even producing, hello Briere?.. but ye lets smash just jagr becuase he is injured..
i guess you are not even thinking before you post, please do so

anyway Jagr isnt only one im fan of, Giroux is fun to watch and i also want Bryz to be the goaltnder he was hired to be, and now it seems he is.

PS: just found jagr is 5th in team is +/-, making your statment about him producing and bad defence quite invalid, seems there much more players who are not making it up with producing, btw JVR -1. Have a nice day
+/- is SUCH an invalid stat! And yeah, I care about the players but I'm not turning them into a god. Jagr started off well and now he's broken down. Briere has been bad all season, no argument there. I've never been a fan of JvR and think the contract extension he received based on a few playoff games was insane. I don't think Voracek is worth $4 million a year which a lot of people think he's going to get. Some players are worth a lot more than others but the Jagr worship by some is ridiculous.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
+/- is SUCH an invalid stat! And yeah, I care about the players but I'm not turning them into a god. Jagr started off well and now he's broken down. Briere has been bad all season, no argument there. I've never been a fan of JvR and think the contract extension he received based on a few playoff games was insane. I don't think Voracek is worth $4 million a year which a lot of people think he's going to get. Some players are worth a lot more than others but the Jagr worship by some is ridiculous.
well its not worship, but you got freaking legend, hall of famer, still playing. Now i dont know how you think that Czech republic is "big" country, but itsnt like we (czech ppl) gonna see star at least close to him any soon, if ever..
he IS still pretty good and fun to watch when healthy. Yes he didnt shine last few games, but it was pretty much due to his groin.
And yes he has it again, its sad and all but you shouldnt kick him out because you think he is done. Time will show who was right, my opinion is we will see Jagr play at least one more season. And i hope he will still help flyers this season and in play offs.
If thats something wrong that i have my favourite player and i hope he does well, im sorry.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
According to Sam @ the Inq.: "Danny (Briere) looked pale and drained after the game...and was drilled five times (seen on video) in that game.... could have been any of those five times."

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:21 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Holmgren updated the injuries...
  • Jagr is day to day (lower body injury)
  • Rinaldo is day to day (upper body injury)
  • Danny Briere out indefinitely (concussion)
  • James van Riemsdyk out indefinitely (concussion)

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-22-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Holmgren updated the injuries...
  • Jagr is day to day (lower body injury)
  • Rinaldo is day to day (upper body injury)
  • Danny Briere out indefinitely (concussion)
  • James van Riemsdyk out indefinitely (concussion)
oh give Jagr's groin 2 weeks, you could tell it wasn't healed when he came back last time and his play showed it

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
oh give Jagr's groin 2 weeks, you could tell it wasn't healed when he came back last time and his play showed it
Yeah I agree. This is the only thing I was worried about with Jagr, not being able to come back from injury. Sit him until the Ranger game next weekend.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Squeeven

Could use some help

So I heard about Briere's injury and I heard how he has a concussion and all and that he doesn't even remember what happened. So I think its best to ask you Flyers fans this.

1. Is he likely done for the season or most of it?
2. I have him in my yahoo hockey pool, should I drop him?

Thanks guys, and I hope he's alright.

Good luck!

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:45 AM
HartsyMania
What, me worry?

Concussions aren't really predictable.

HartsyMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I agree. This is the only thing I was worried about with Jagr, not being able to come back from injury. Sit him until the Ranger game next weekend.
i second that, i believe jagr is smart enough to not rush it again, i think he even mentioned it in one of interviews

Old
01-23-2012, 08:32 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Really early to say he is done for the season, plenty of players come back soon after and are fine, then others don't. You never know with concussions.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:49 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
i second that, i believe jagr is smart enough to not rush it again, i think he even mentioned it in one of interviews
Jagr is a Veteran and he knows his own body and how it reacts to certain injuries. However, sometimes it takes a third opinion someone who reminds him that he is closer to 40 now and needs proper rest. Some athletes just seem to be stuck in denial about their aging bodies.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:57 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
So I heard about Briere's injury and I heard how he has a concussion and all and that he doesn't even remember what happened. So I think its best to ask you Flyers fans this.

1. Is he likely done for the season or most of it?
2. I have him in my yahoo hockey pool, should I drop him?

Thanks guys, and I hope he's alright.

Good luck!
I would say he is NOT likely done for the season. He does not really have a history of severe concussions which is remarkable for a guy of his size who gets banged up quite a lot.

Concussions can be treacherous at times. If he does not show any improvement a week from now, it's time to be alarmed...

Last edited by dats81: 01-23-2012 at 09:03 AM.
dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
I would say he is NOT likely done for the season. He does not really have a history of severe concussions which is remarkable for a guy of his size who gets banged up quite a lot.

Concussions can be treacherous at times. If he does not show any improvement a week from now, it's time to be alarmed...
so should I drop him in my pool?

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:43 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

^ I'll let others chime in regarding the fantasy pool. Briere did travel with the team to Florida but only because it was part of the team's father/son trip set up in advance. It's still too early to predict the length of his absence but to say it could last the balance of the season is premature.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:23 AM
KaraLupin
카라

Kara here, your one stop shop for Fantasy advice.

As previously mentioned, Danny does NOT have a history at all with concussions, and this is a welcomed tidbit. The fact that he does not know when he got it (took some hard hits in his last game) could also be looked at as a positive.

I would hold onto him until an update surfaces regarding a timeframe. If fear the worse however, or are in need of immediate relief on your team, I would suggest shopping him around, as his ownership and rank (on Yahoo at least) are still very high, and can fetch a nice return if an owner thinks he will come back soon.

Have a good day, and good luck!

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:27 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

Anyone else here not mind JVR being out of the lineup? I just think the team does better without him.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:32 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
Anyone else here not mind JVR being out of the lineup? I just think the team does better without him.
Because he has some serious injuries which the team has not addressed. I'm guessing a combination of sports hernia, hip problems, and some other stuff. The kid has got to be hurting big time.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
jeffff

Is Rinaldo day to day or on IR? A few posts (on the 22nd) above it says he's day to day. On a thread started a few days ago (23rd) it says he's on IR.

Do we expect him back next week at all?

jeffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:28 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffff View Post
Is Rinaldo day to day or on IR? A few posts (on the 22nd) above it says he's day to day. On a thread started a few days ago (23rd) it says he's on IR.

Do we expect him back next week at all?
He was placed on IR but that was necessitated to make roster space for Holmstrom and Sestito. Both those players were sent to the AHL yesterday but that was for conditioning.

The team doesn't practice again until Monday.

He can be easily activated if he is deemed healthy enough to play. One writer had Rinaldo placed on LTIR not IR but that was an isolated comment. More than likely it was just IR.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:31 AM
jeffff

Ahh makes sense, thanks. So he should be inserted within the next few games I would think.

jeffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:33 AM
BearFax1991

Briere Injury Update?

Haven't heard much about his status over the All-star break. Any news?

BearFax1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
thelos
Bunk

Nope not yet. MSE suggests we will probably get updates after the 2pm practice this afternoon

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:52 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

The team practices at 2:00 p.m. ET today.

There'll probably be some sort of update at that point regarding most or all injuries.

Here are some related comments in an earlier thread:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1093425