HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ruutu to Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 06:40 PM
  #26
GIN ANTONIC
Registered User
 
GIN ANTONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Aulie for Ruutu + conditional pick ?
I like Aulie's skillset, but I don't see the Canes adding a pick to Ruutu or any of their rentals unless they're getting back a young bona fide NHLer. Aulie's played 55 games and still has some work to do. We have a lot of d-men up and coming. Canes need a 2nd line center. Canes would probably want Colborne involved or a swap for Grabo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Caron, Hamill, and Kampfer have all played for us this year. Caron looks to have regressed a little from last year. He was stellar last year, but there wasn't any room for him. Hamill has finally stepped up, works hard every shift, and is quickly becoming a fan favorite. Kampfer was a regular last year, but seems to have regressed a bit this year. A large part of the regression with Caron and Kampfer has been being the 13th and 7th defensemen respectively. They practice with the Bruins all week and play with the Providence Bruins Friday-Sat-Sund. The travel and lack of consistent play time makes them look a little out of place.

I am fairly confident from watching them to say they all will be in the NHL in some fashion.
I would be hesitant to give up all three for pending UFA's, but we do need more depth.

How are Rutuu and Gleason doing this year?
Not super interested in Kampfer. I'd be into Caron, Hamil and some picks probably. It's not an offer that wows me and I think there will be some serious bidding but it's a respectable starting point.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
  #27
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,099
vCash: 500
I would be disgusted if Boston got Ruutu...

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
  #28
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I would be disgusted if Boston got Ruutu...
I hope you aren't confusing him with his brother..

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
  #29
GIN ANTONIC
Registered User
 
GIN ANTONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I would be disgusted if Boston got Ruutu...
You know this thread is about Tuomo and not Jarko, right?

Or is this like the Joe Corvo jinx thread from the offseason?

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
  #30
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,492
vCash: 500
would it interest you if we added Poulliot? Not really something we'd really want to do but could be swayed if we could get them both

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
  #31
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
I would be disgusted if Boston got Ruutu...
Ruutu AND Gleason. Might aswell skip the Eastern Playoff Race, Boston will not only outscore, out goaltend, but outhit the other teams aswell. I'd love to see a Boston/Caps 1st round matchup and make that team rage quit to their locker room after the 1st intermission of game 1 and forfeit the rest of the season.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:09 AM
  #32
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Bill Ladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
OK, so make an offer for Roots and Gleason
1st round pick.
Jordan Caron
Tommy Cross

(If you don't know Tommy Cross, he's the Capt. of Boston College. A big, strong, shut-down D who plays with CARolina prospect Brian Dumoulin. Strong skater. Injuries cost him to miss a lot of his sophomore season. A Mark Stuart-type. He turns pro when BC's season is over.)

FOR

Ruutu
Gleason

__________________

Last edited by Bill Ladd: 01-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:14 AM
  #33
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Bruins swap Caron & a draft pick to Carolina for free agent to be Tuomo Ruutu. Ruutu takes Benoit Pouliot's place on the third line and B's add another physical player to embrace the hate of the league.

Seriously though, would love to see Tuomo Ruutu in black and gold. Hoping that Chiarelli takes a run at him!!
Me too.


Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:29 PM
  #34
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
1st round pick.
Jordan Caron
Tommy Cross

(If you don't know Tommy Cross, he's the Capt. of Boston College. A big, strong, shut-down D who plays with CARolina prospect Brian Dumoulin. Strong skater. Injuries cost him to miss a lot of his sophomore season. A Mark Stuart-type. He turns pro when BC's season is over.)

FOR

Ruutu
Gleason
Pretty sure I would take this. Good proposal

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
  #35
Lord Ahriman
Registered User
 
Lord Ahriman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
1st round pick.
Jordan Caron
Tommy Cross

(If you don't know Tommy Cross, he's the Capt. of Boston College. A big, strong, shut-down D who plays with CARolina prospect Brian Dumoulin. Strong skater. Injuries cost him to miss a lot of his sophomore season. A Mark Stuart-type. He turns pro when BC's season is over.)

FOR

Ruutu
Gleason
We don't have a 2nd this year, so I think it's very unlikely Chia would trade a 1st.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:24 PM
  #36
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
We don't have a 2nd this year, so I think it's very unlikely Chia would trade a 1st.
He's already said he's open to moving it

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
  #37
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi120122.html

I've read this in multiple places..

"Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford is looking to get top prospects or two first-round draft picks in exchange for Gleason, as well as fellow defensemen Bryan Allen and Jaroslav Spacek and forward Tuomo Ruutu. "

JR isn't going to get two first round picks for both Ruutu and Gleason (definitely not for Allen and Spacek, either), but he's playing it smart and asking for a much higer return, as to meet someone in the middle with their proposed price.

As for the 1st round pick, Jordan Caron and Tommy Cross for Gleason and Ruutu proposal, I like to look at it like this. For Ruutu - 1st round pick+Cross, for Gleason - Caron. In my opinion, that's pretty close to a value JR would probably be happy with.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:20 PM
  #38
GIN ANTONIC
Registered User
 
GIN ANTONIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi120122.html

I've read this in multiple places..

"Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford is looking to get top prospects or two first-round draft picks in exchange for Gleason, as well as fellow defensemen Bryan Allen and Jaroslav Spacek and forward Tuomo Ruutu. "

JR isn't going to get two first round picks for both Ruutu and Gleason (definitely not for Allen and Spacek, either), but he's playing it smart and asking for a much higer return, as to meet someone in the middle with their proposed price.

As for the 1st round pick, Jordan Caron and Tommy Cross for Gleason and Ruutu proposal, I like to look at it like this. For Ruutu - 1st round pick+Cross, for Gleason - Caron. In my opinion, that's pretty close to a value JR would probably be happy with.
It's close I think, but still a little light of what we could get. Remember that BOS 1st is most likely super late. Still a 1st but I could see one more minor piece being added.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:26 PM
  #39
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
It's close I think, but still a little light of what we could get. Remember that BOS 1st is most likely super late. Still a 1st but I could see one more minor piece being added.
Considering we could probably get more if we didn't ship them off together, you are probably right. But yes, this proposal is very close

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:32 PM
  #40
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
1st round pick.
Jordan Caron
Tommy Cross

(If you don't know Tommy Cross, he's the Capt. of Boston College. A big, strong, shut-down D who plays with CARolina prospect Brian Dumoulin. Strong skater. Injuries cost him to miss a lot of his sophomore season. A Mark Stuart-type. He turns pro when BC's season is over.)

FOR

Ruutu
Gleason
Done.

Fax the paperwork.

unifiedtheory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
  #41
Bigfinn*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Bruins swap Caron & a draft pick to Carolina for free agent to be Tuomo Ruutu. Ruutu takes Benoit Pouliot's place on the third line and B's add another physical player to embrace the hate of the league.

Seriously though, would love to see Tuomo Ruutu in black and gold. Hoping that Chiarelli takes a run at him!!
only mtl and bufffalo hav the hate ur laughin about....
and its black and yellow... dont try and sugar coat it!

Bigfinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
  #42
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfinn View Post
only mtl and bufffalo hav the hate ur laughin about....
and its black and yellow... dont try and sugar coat it!

I know, but I've been saying gold for so long that I can't change it!

and good to see you guys (I'm assuming you are a Leaf fan) back in the hunt this year; now that we don't have your draft picks anymore I was hoping you would bounce back!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:21 PM
  #43
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 14,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfinn View Post
only mtl and bufffalo hav the hate ur laughin about....
and its black and yellow... dont try and sugar coat it!
Gold. Cam "Sea Bass" Neely said so.

plus Wiz Kalifa sucks.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:18 PM
  #44
Chicago Made Punk
You're Gonna Go Far
 
Chicago Made Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,650
vCash: 446
No need for Kampfer as we're stacked with young PMD's.

Caron isn't really of interest either from my POV.

Chicago Made Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:47 PM
  #45
B0ST0N11
Registered User
 
B0ST0N11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Malmö
Country: Sweden
Posts: 362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
OK, so make an offer for Roots and Gleason
Caron, kampfer and 12 3rd,

B0ST0N11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:49 PM
  #46
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Bill Ladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
No need for Kampfer as we're stacked with young PMD's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0ST0N11 View Post
Caron, kampfer and 12 3rd,

Bill Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:09 AM
  #47
Chan790
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth
Country: Scotland
Posts: 317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I was happy as can be with Caron, Cross and the 1st from the Canes standpoint.

Chan790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:24 AM
  #48
Stewie G
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Ruutu AND Gleason. Might aswell skip the Eastern Playoff Race, Boston will not only outscore, out goaltend, but outhit the other teams aswell. I'd love to see a Boston/Caps 1st round matchup and make that team rage quit to their locker room after the 1st intermission of game 1 and forfeit the rest of the season.
I'd like to point out the humor in this post following the result of last night's game. I'm not saying the Caps would beat the B's in a 7 game series, but they didn't lay down to the mighty Bruins even without their top 3 players in the lineup. I know it's the internet and all, but you might consider trying to be less of a tool next time.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.