HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

All-Star Game Event Guide

Old
01-22-2012, 08:27 PM
HighlightReel93

vCash: 500
All-Star Game Event Guide

Quote:

It's almost that time of year again where all of the NHL superstars come together to take part in the NHL All-Star game. Most years I could care less about this event. The game in itself is actually not that entertaining. The players don't hit each other because they don't want to risk injury, which is understood due to the concussion crisis going on. However the score ends up being something ridiculous like 15-13 which just makes the game lose it's value. In the MLB they actually make the All-Star game worth something. The winning conference gets home field advantage in the fall World Series classic.

Despite this, I've always been jealous of the cities that do host the All-Star game. They get the privilege of having all sorts of cool events throughout their city for a weekend. Also hosting all of the NHL's best players is pretty neat as well.

As a hockey fan, you naturally love this stuff. Pictured below I've posted all of the events in Ottawa which start on January 26th. I have also highlighted which events will be worth your while to actually see.

The most anticipated event for me personally would be the NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft. Like last year, the two team captains will pick one by one who they want on their team. If you've been out of the loop, the teams are no longer separated by conferences. I can't wait to go to this event because it will be probably your best chance to see the stars up close and personal. Whether you want an autograph from your favourite player or a new Facebook display picture with Alexander Ovechkin, go to this event.

Another event that you should check out is the NHL fan fair. It'll be a big hit with families who don't want to spend over $400 dollars per ticket to see the All-Star game or skills competition.

Yes it actually costs that much.

It costs about $12 to go to the Fan Fair and you get to meet hall of fame greats, see all the NHL trophies and take part in numerous of other activities. It's basically having the hockey hall of fame in Ottawa for a weekend.

Now if you have deep pockets or you're just a huge hockey fan and are deciding between going the all-star game or the skills competition, go to the skills competition. You get to see the players joke around, have fun and see how unreal they are at hockey. They are the best in the league after all right?

To conclude, I can't wait for these events later this month. Ottawa will have the spotlight for once and they actually deserve it. They have slowly moved into a playoff spot and have been playing great hockey.
Source: http://www.nilsenreport.ca/post/1525...me-event-guide

HighlightReel93 is offline   Reply With Quote