HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Penner, Stoll, Kostitsyn and Moen are all UFA's...but I think Montreal would maybe want a young D under contract back since Markov, Kaberle and Georges are the only D they have under contract after this season.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Just watched the Flyers highlights. Schenn had a fight, Simmonds had an assist and they called up Sestito from the AHL and he had a fight. When was the last time the Kings had two fights in a game?

Or yet, when was the last time we called anyone up for Manchester....Or even when was the last time we called anyone up from Manchester who remotely contributed besides Voynov?

I love watching other teams that score, hit, fight and actually try and prove they belong in the AHL because I never see it with our Kings.
Ya know how many fights count on the scoreboard?

Just sayin'

Detroit has the fewest fighting Majors in the league. They seem to do okay.

And on the opposite side of it...Columbus has the 5th most. Anaheim 7th most.

If you like fighting so much GO WATCH BOXING.

Cause there is more to this sport then fighting majors.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Johnny Utah

If the Kings could score and play like the Red Wings I wouldn't be talking about it. I am just pointing out that if you can't score, then play with some grit and passion...they can barely do that.

Old
01-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Nex06

Quote:
No Moen and his grit for the 3rd line and his 9 goals will shut me up...and Kostitsyn's 11 goals, which would be 4th most on the Kings
So that is on pace for 20. How many Kings players have NOT scored 20 goals in a season? Let's have a look:
Kopitar? Check
Brown? Check
Williams? Check
Penner? Check
Richards? Check
Gagne? Check
Stoll? Check
Hunter? Check (the guy has even one 25 goal season and 4 playoff goals in 13 games)

So that is 8 forwards with 20+ goals. We already have them. Why do you want to get more of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Ya know how many fights count on the scoreboard?

Just sayin'

Detroit has the fewest fighting Majors in the league. They seem to do okay.

And on the opposite side of it...Columbus has the 5th most. Anaheim 7th most.

If you like fighting so much GO WATCH BOXING.

Cause there is more to this sport then fighting majors.
But what if I want to watch fighting on skates? I need that. Isn't that what National figHting-on-skates League stands for?

Old
01-22-2012, 10:06 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Stoll would have to be moved.
Don't make me cry.

Old
01-22-2012, 10:31 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

What a lot of you fail to understand is that a player that gets "x" points on one team won't get the same on another (the Kings). You can't say Doughty has had a bad year with say 40 points, because you can't compare him to the rest of the league. The Kings don't score as much as everyone else; they play a completely different system. I guarantee you that if we add a guy like Moen (who has nine goals) at the deadline, I would bet money that he would score no more than three goals until the end of the year. Comparing Simmonds' points in PHI to LA is like comparing apples to oranges. You can't do it.

Old
01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
What a lot of you fail to understand is that a player that gets "x" points on one team won't get the same on another (the Kings). You can't say Doughty has had a bad year with say 40 points, because you can't compare him to the rest of the league. The Kings don't score as much as everyone else; they play a completely different system. I guarantee you that if we add a guy like Moen (who has nine goals) at the deadline, I would bet money that he would score no more than three goals until the end of the year. Comparing Simmonds' points in PHI to LA is like comparing apples to oranges. You can't do it.
YOU THERE!

Get out of here with that logic. It's not welcome here!!

Simmonds > Mike Richards. Points say so. I don't care who his linemates are or what the system they run is on the Flyers and how much different it is.

Simmonds is better then Mike Richards CLEARLY.

Old
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Seems like you bring up Simmonds in every thread. Like others have said if he was still a king he would be an offensive mess like everyone else. I'm also starting to think you would rather see the kings fight than get W's.
I want Simmonds back too. I don't want the trade reversed, but I'd welcome him back. Even if his totals were cut in half he'd still be scoring better than Penner and the entire bottom six outside of Stoll. In fact, with even half his current totals, he'd have more points than Lewis, Richardson, Westgarth and Fraser combined. Not to mention he'd add some nice size to the botom six and we could get rid of one of Lewis/Richardson/Fraser/Hunter.

If we could flip Martinez and a pick or someone like Lewis to get Simmonds back, sign me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
That'd be quite a dump

Carter:$5,272,727 cap hit for the next 10 years
At the trade deadline, his salary would be 1/6th for the rest of the year, or about $868,000. We could fit that in pretty easy this year. And next year Penner is off the books, which almost cancels out his salary in itself. The other $727K per year could be offset by letting Hunter go, or even a possible increase in the salary cap. It's really not an issue now. It might be long term when Quick's contract extension kicks in but not an issue next year. I'd be much more in favor of Carter than Nash whose contract is $2 million larger and not as long term.

Quote:
If the Kings could score and play like the Red Wings I wouldn't be talking about it. I am just pointing out that if you can't score, then play with some grit and passion...they can barely do that.
I'm sorry, but the Kings do play with grit. They may not drop the gloves, but to me grit is willing to battle for lose pucks, go to the dirty areas and all the little things that require you to pay the price to win. They are doing that more now than before during the TM days.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:05 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I get what you are driving at, but we play like 15 games after the trade deadline. If Moen scores 3 goals in 15 games, that's the same as scoring nine in 46 games like he has now.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:46 AM
funky

I would overpay for Carter. He fits a couple of huge needs.

1. Speed - he can back off defence
2. Shoot first mentality, and pedigree that he can bury it
3. Versitility - can play wing or center, Richards or Kopitar go down he is there
4. Long term, good cap hit, will be there long term to help mold team

Old
01-23-2012, 01:20 AM
bobafettish*

maybe JJ for Carer?

Old
01-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I would overpay for Carter. He fits a couple of huge needs.

1. Speed - he can back off defence
2. Shoot first mentality, and pedigree that he can bury it
3. Versitility - can play wing or center, Richards or Kopitar go down he is there
4. Long term, good cap hit, will be there long term to help mold team
Exactly why hes one of the few realistic guys I would trade Bernier or Johnson(both?) for. With Richards again he'd be great

Just to see how do people feel about Johnson+Bernier for Sanford+Carter? I know at least one CBJ fan would do it.

Old
01-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
I know at least one CBJ fan would do it.
From what I see the only realistic trades are those for which both teams' fans think it's overpayment.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:37 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Exactly why hes one of the few realistic guys I would trade Bernier or Johnson(both?) for. With Richards again he'd be great

Just to see how do people feel about Johnson+Bernier for Sanford+Carter? I know at least one CBJ fan would do it.
Trading JMFJ is a HUGE mistake! Most nights he is our best player. He has his peaks and valleys. He's still young and learning his position. But he has carried our team. Once he matures to the age of the posters who dog him--He will learn the constancy to carry a team to the cup.

Figure with all the highway traffic in LA, peops would be more patience.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:53 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Its not that I want to trade Jack, but Jeff Carter is a dang good player

Old
01-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Its not that I want to trade Jack, but Jeff Carter is a dang good player
I read ya man! Agreed the offense need a boost! And Carter is a hell of a player. Were Flyers-West right!!! With his favorable contract and great play it would take some serious chips in a trade.

But JMFJ should be untouchable. Great physical presence on defense with great offensive ability.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
Trading JMFJ is a HUGE mistake! Most nights he is our best player. He has his peaks and valleys. He's still young and learning his position. But he has carried our team. Once he matures to the age of the posters who dog him--He will learn the constancy to carry a team to the cup.

Figure with all the highway traffic in LA, peops would be more patience.
JJ is 25. How long do we have to wait for him to mature?

Old
01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
SFKingshomer

Trading Johnson would be a huge mistake and I doubt Lombardi will shakeup the D core that much.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:20 AM
funky

Quote:
I read ya man! Agreed the offense need a boost! And Carter is a hell of a player. Were Flyers-West right!!! With his favorable contract and great play it would take some serious chips in a trade.

But JMFJ should be untouchable. Great physical presence on defense with great offensive ability.
I agree JJ is valuable and would be a loss but:

Carter is a year older then JJ, has a cap hit of only a million more but has already put up three 30 goal seasons. (Averaged 36 goals a year over the last 4).

He adds the speed we desperatly lack, has a lazer shot and a shoot first mentality, and would compliment Kopitar.

In the wings and on the present roster we have Voynov, Martinez, Muzzin and even Hickey who need playing time and are stunted due to depth.

I would love to land Carter for JJ and Bernier then try to land MPS from Edmonton. In a year or two with the youngin's all grown up, this team would be nasty.

I should point out I think once MPS fills out, with his speed and size he will be another player that backs ofdf defence for our big guys to have more room to work.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:24 AM
topliner967

It'd be tough giving up Johnson, I doubt he has reached his peak yet. But you have to give up something to get anything worthwhile in return...

Old
01-23-2012, 09:31 AM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

I severely doubt Lombardi trades JJ, but I'm ready to cut ties with him. If we could use him as the main piece in a trade for Carter, I'd be all over that. Johnson continues to stink it up in the defensive zone and I've had enough of it.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Aussie King

I doubt JJ is traded but Carter would be a great get to team up with Richards once again.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

Quote:

I believe you toss out the word "great" a little too leisurely.

As for Jack's so called "physical presence", he's tied for 237th among all skaters (and tied for 87th among defensemen) in hits. He's far from even a good physical player. Hell, Teubert has more hits then JJ despite being a rookie and having played 29 fewer games.

The truth is that he's a disaster in his own end. All the talk about bad luck crippling his +/- had been proven to be a joke. Sure there has been a handfull of fluky minuses added through the years, but many of them are earned through his bad defensive play.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Ollie Weeks

We're not giving up that many goals even with Johnson back there "hindering" us. He's also our bestest scoringest defenceman. Even if what we have right now is more or less what he'll always be...(shrug) I dunno, he's not so bad as far as fitting into the team construct goes.

Then again, if it comes down to it, Johnson or Voynov? Voynov or Johnson?

Old
01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
We're not giving up that many goals even with Johnson back there "hindering" us. He's also our bestest scoringest defenceman. Even if what we have right now is more or less what he'll always be...(shrug) I dunno, he's not so bad as far as fitting into the team construct goes.

Then again, if it comes down to it, Johnson or Voynov? Voynov or Johnson?
Given the opportunity I believe that Voynov can replace Johnson's offensive production.

The thing is Johnson (IMO) probably has the most value of anyone on the team who could be pretty easily replaced. Doughty isn't going anywhere, our strength both in the NHL and in the pipeline in on defense, and the team needs scoring help desperately. This is why I think Johnson should be the prime target to be moved

Closed Thread