HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derek Roy to the Kings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2012, 02:12 AM
  #1
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,483
vCash: 500
Derek Roy to the Kings

What would it take to get Derek Roy on the Kings? That would allow Richards to play wing with Kopitar. I would imagine that Buffalo is looking for some younger players to retool with? Something around Trevor Lewis, Alec Martinez, and a pick?

Value could be way off here and I'm not too sure of Buffalo's needs.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:15 AM
  #2
JohnnyDuck93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 475
vCash: 500
Why does LA need
Kopitar
Richards
Roy
down the middle?If anything you guys should go for a winger.

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:17 AM
  #3
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,572
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
What would it take to get Derek Roy on the Kings? That would allow Richards to play wing with Kopitar. I would imagine that Buffalo is looking for some younger players to retool with? Something around Trevor Lewis, Alec Martinez, and a pick?

Value could be way off here and I'm not too sure of Buffalo's needs.
They will want a center something your system isn't very strong in. Loktionov is too good really to include from an LA prospective and it is a long drop off all the way to Nick Shore.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:18 AM
  #4
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,572
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuck93 View Post
Why does LA need
Kopitar
Richards
Roy
down the middle?If anything you guys should go for a winger.
He put in the post pretty clearly to move Mike Richards to wing, now I agree that would probably never happen, but in that scenario I guess it fixes your question about wanting wing help.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:49 AM
  #5
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,483
vCash: 500
I just don't see many viable options on the wings for the Kings. Carter or Nash from Columbus? Hope that a Parise-type UFA finally wants to come to LA? I won't hold my breath. But a solid second line center to the team? Now we're talking, since Richards has played wing plenty before. As Darryl Sutter has stated, Richards got Crosby going in the Olympics. The Kings could certainly add Jarret Stoll to the equation. Trevor Lewis and Brad Richardson also play center. The Kings' center depth would be crazy, that's for sure. But if Richards moves to the wing, you'd have Kopitar - Roy - Loktionov down the center (or Stoll, whatever). Still pretty damn good.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:30 AM
  #6
Jooce81
Registered User
 
Jooce81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Grand Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
What would it take to get Derek Roy on the Kings?
At this point, a bag of used pucks will do...

Roy does have value I just want him off of this team ASAP

Jooce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:01 AM
  #7
stonedhenge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
How about Roy+Stafford+pick for Kopitar. Richards takes over the 1st line, Roy is very good 2nd line center, Stafford top 6 winger and Kings get another pick. Kopitar would bring new energy to Buffalo + he would look good with Vanek on his wing.

stonedhenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:04 AM
  #8
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post
How about Roy+Stafford+pick for Kopitar. Richards takes over the 1st line, Roy is very good 2nd line center, Stafford top 6 winger and Kings get another pick. Kopitar would bring new energy to Buffalo + he would look good with Vanek on his wing.
OUCH!

that one is brutal. You would have to include Myers or Vanek (+) in a deal involving Kopitar.

alpine4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:22 AM
  #9
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
OUCH!

that one is brutal. You would have to include Myers or Vanek (+) in a deal involving Kopitar.
It's about as brutal as OP's offer for Roy.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:50 AM
  #10
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
See this is the problem with trading players after a bad 50 games, Roy the past 5 seasons scores 70+ points or at that pace and now people think he will be traded for mediocre prospects?!? Roy has high value still stop offering scrubs .

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:05 AM
  #11
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
See this is the problem with trading players after a bad 50 games, Roy the past 5 seasons scores 70+ points or at that pace and now people think he will be traded for mediocre prospects?!? Roy has high value still stop offering scrubs .
The reason the bad season is being "blown out of proportion" in the eyes of Sabres fans is that this bad season is coming on the heals of a catastrophic, season ending injury. People won't offer fair value until he proves there are no lingering effects from that injury.

For the OP, how about Semin? He's really turned it around under Hunter, going 7-10-17 in 22 games under him. Semin for LA's 1st?

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:15 AM
  #12
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 500
Richards looked horrid on wing with Kopitar. They kept running into each other. Leave Roy in Buffalo and go after Carter who does look good on wing and can shift back to center if needed.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:44 AM
  #13
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Nose of Sutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,989
vCash: 500
Richards wasn't good when he was on Kopi's wing, I'd save the assets to trade for a winger.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
  #14
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
How about Stoll, Penner, Martinez, and a 2nd for Stafford & Roy?


Stoll's having a crappy season.

Penner's having a **** season.

Stafford's having a crappy season.

Roy's having a crappy season.



Maybe those four players just need a change of scenery for things to go?



Martinez is our 7th defenseman who's very good offensively.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:58 AM
  #15
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,091
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
How about Stoll, Penner, Martinez, and a 2nd for Stafford & Roy?


Stoll's having a crappy season.

Penner's having a **** season.

Stafford's having a crappy season.

Roy's having a crappy season.



Maybe those four players just need a change of scenery for things to go?



Martinez is our 7th defenseman who's very good offensively.
Nah, Buffalo can get a better package for those two, even if they have to make separate deals. We don't need more #5-#7 defensemen--we have more than we can shake a stick at--and Stoll and Penner are impending UFAs. Pass.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:49 AM
  #16
Crazy8oooo
k ؃
 
Crazy8oooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
They will want a center something your system isn't very strong in. Loktionov is too good really to include from an LA prospective and it is a long drop off all the way to Nick Shore.
I don't understand this...You're asking for a solid/proven #2 center, yet Loktionov is too good to include? Why would Buffalo make a trade unless something of value is going back to them?

Reminds me of all the horrible trade proposals being thrown around for RPG..."take our second tier players and our impending UFA's for your elite/star players". Sounds fair to me...

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
  #17
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,824
vCash: 500
If I'm the Sabres GM, I'm asking about Weal, Toffoli, and a pick for Roy.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
  #18
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,131
vCash: 500
No need to overpay for Roy with Kopitar/Richards/Loktionov. Stafford seems like a good fit if Sutter can wake him up.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:41 PM
  #19
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
If I'm the Sabres GM, I'm asking about Weal, Toffoli, and a pick for Roy.
Yeah, no go. Those are the only 2 promising prospects, other than Forbort, the Kings have to look forward to.

We don't need Roy but we do need a great winger.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:00 PM
  #20
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
Yeah, no go. Those are the only 2 promising prospects, other than Forbort, the Kings have to look forward to.

We don't need Roy but we do need a great winger.
How do you expect to get a roster NHLer without giving up a promising prospect?

Just curious.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
  #21
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
As a side note, Roy played his best hockey in a Sabres uni as a LW with Drury and Grier in the 05-06 playoffs.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:45 PM
  #22
BKR
Registered User
 
BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Roy also has a workable cap hit at $4mil per, thru 2013.

BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:00 PM
  #23
Zal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
How do you expect to get a roster NHLer without giving up a promising prospect?

Just curious.
Why would we start with Roy? The Kings aren't winning the Cup anytime soon, so why not allow the kids to get a shot at making the roster? I have high hopes for the Vey, TT, and Forbort. They can't do much worse than many of our current starters.

Roy isn't what the Kings need, they need scorers.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:35 PM
  #24
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,812
vCash: 50
throw Roy on the 1st line with Kopitar, that should open up the scoring.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.