HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Clb-tor-tbl

Old
01-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
Sorry, HOW IS IT BAD FOR THE JACKETS!!! They get Connolly, Grabovski and a 1st! for Nash and a old UFA!!

Yes, I'm sure they want to lose their star player for can't miss talent like Brett Connolly, a mid 1st, and a talented 2nd line center that will undoubtedly walk from Columbus.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:59 AM
seanlinden

I think Jackets fans need to temper some of their expectations when it comes to a potential return for Rick Nash. He's like the 5th highest paid player in the league, and he's nowhere near the 5th best player. There's not a lot of teams that would be prepared to make that kind of cap space to bring him on.

Not saying this is the right deal (Grabo holds a lot more value to the Leafs than he does Columbus)... but it's not completely out of line either.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Man Bear Pig

Leafs should have no problem taking on 10+ million in salary. Nope, no problem at all.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
I think Jackets fans need to temper some of their expectations when it comes to a potential return for Rick Nash.
No they don't. Because, and here's a crazy idea - maybe CBJ doesn't intend to trade him. Point being that, unless a potential return is suitable, there's no compulsion to make a deal.

I've got no beef with fans who think he's overpaid or overrated or whatever (some of them might even have legitimate positions). But if that's the conversation starter, it doesn't end with "so therefore you'll take less for him" it's "so therefore Jackets won't trade him."

Old
01-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

I don't think this trade benefits any of the three teams.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote