HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Cut Above Taylor Hall's Left Eye; 30 Stitches To Close

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2012, 05:08 PM
  #426
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,597
vCash: 500
Technology is good these days. Like I said the oilers have a good dermatologist, he'll get good treatment for the scar to heal it as best as possible

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:29 PM
  #427
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,221
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
Why are we rushing Hall back?

The allstar break is right away and we have no reason at all to bring him in this early.

I'd keep him and Eberle out until after the allstar break just to be safe.
Typical signs that of a gm fighting to keep his job.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 06:10 PM
  #428
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,928
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam83 View Post
Why are we rushing Hall back?

The allstar break is right away and we have no reason at all to bring him in this early.

I'd keep him and Eberle out until after the allstar break just to be safe.
We aren't rushing him it's a ****ing cut people. This isn't a knee that popped out it's a cut. If it becomes an issue we will pull him


Last edited by joestevens29: 01-23-2012 at 10:36 AM.
joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:26 PM
  #429
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,880
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I guess Pecks could be Neville. Their both squibs.
Didn't he end up being the chosen one?

And I saw this the other day

__________________
The Head Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:42 PM
  #430
smokes lets go
Registered User
 
smokes lets go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Didn't he end up being the chosen one?

And I saw this the other day
should not of looked at this while i was sipping me beer Now my keyboard is sticky

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:35 AM
  #431
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,928
vCash: 50
Near the end of the game as I was carrying the puck over the offensive blue line I was hit with a very high stick and was bleeding heavily from a cut on my cheek. I was sent for stitches right away. Getting stitches at the rink is not a new experience for me. However, this time it was unique. The doctor cleaned me up and as he got ready to put the first stitch in I asked 'When do you put the freezing in?'

He looked at me with a surprised look on his face and answered, 'We don't use it here. Do they use it in the NHL? I could go find some if you want it.'

I was shocked to discover it was much less painful without the freezing, even when they had to put a couple of stitches on my gums. The next day I had much less swelling then I had expected. Could it be north America has this freezing idea all wrong? Has anyone else had this experience before of getting stitches without the freezing? Can some doctors comment?


3 days since I got cut and I am convinced that no freezing is the way to go. Swelling is gone and cut looks very good. Time for Canadians to suck it up!


Not the same, but interesting to know.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
  #432
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Near the end of the game as I was carrying the puck over the offensive blue line I was hit with a very high stick and was bleeding heavily from a cut on my cheek. I was sent for stitches right away. Getting stitches at the rink is not a new experience for me. However, this time it was unique. The doctor cleaned me up and as he got ready to put the first stitch in I asked 'When do you put the freezing in?'

He looked at me with a surprised look on his face and answered, 'We don't use it here. Do they use it in the NHL? I could go find some if you want it.'

I was shocked to discover it was much less painful without the freezing, even when they had to put a couple of stitches on my gums. The next day I had much less swelling then I had expected. Could it be north America has this freezing idea all wrong? Has anyone else had this experience before of getting stitches without the freezing? Can some doctors comment?


3 days since I got cut and I am convinced that no freezing is the way to go. Swelling is gone and cut looks very good. Time for Canadians to suck it up!


Not the same, but interesting to know.
Who is this quote from?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:52 AM
  #433
doulos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Who is this quote from?
Jason Strudwick

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:58 AM
  #434
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...
 
Booya42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Who is this quote from?
Strudwick in Sweden...

Booya42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
  #435
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,928
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Who is this quote from?
My bad, I didn't want to be called Jason again.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
  #436
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
My bad, I didn't want to be called Jason again.
Whatever, thanks Gregor.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:32 PM
  #437
Giant Moo
Registered User
 
Giant Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
My bad, I didn't want to be called Jason again.
If you don't sign posts with other people's names, the confusion doesn't happen.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.