HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC on FX: Guillard vs Miller

Old
01-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
7-3 tonight. Not the greatest, not the worst.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
8-2 on the night.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:06 PM
DeathFromAbove

Melvin always manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:38 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
He sure does. He's got so much physical talent that he seems to be able to overwhelm guys early but when that doesn't finish them off he gets stupid and loses himself the fight.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 12:42 AM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
If I had to listen to one team or the other it would be Goldy and Rogan seven days a week. I wouldn't mind hearing Rogan and Anik though, but I'm still not sold on him. Rogan and Goldy have a chemistry I don't hear with the other two.
I feel like that Anik guy and Florians voices are just too similar to be a good duo.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Peter Griffin

9-1. Neer winning was my only downfall.

And interesting to see one judge score a 10-10 round in the Easton/Papazian fight. Don't see that too often.

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 01-21-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:44 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
9-1. Neer winning was my only downfall.

And interesting to see one judge score a 10-10 round in the Easton/Papazian fight. Don't see that too often.
Yep, same here. Neer cost me a perfect night.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
He didnt even try to handfight that choke.

He neglects even the most basic defense. One would think after losing in such a similar fashion time after time he would at least remember to do that.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:27 AM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
You cant change your picks after the card starts.

Why even ask?
Yeah this seemed pretty obvious to me too, slippery slope if people are editing/changing picks after the card starts.

Anyways, decent fights. I didn't think Easton/Papazian was that great to be honest, it was ok. Nice to see Barry get a win, he seemed to be in a bit better shape for this fight and had obviously worked on his ground game a bit. Should be the last UFC fight for Rivera, Schaefer, Morecraft, among others.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:04 AM
northstarsforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Yeah this seemed pretty obvious to me too, slippery slope if people are editing/changing picks after the card starts.

Anyways, decent fights. I didn't think Easton/Papazian was that great to be honest, it was ok. Nice to see Barry get a win, he seemed to be in a bit better shape for this fight and had obviously worked on his ground game a bit. Should be the last UFC fight for Rivera, Schaefer, Morecraft, among others.
Yeah I'm just going to keep it at the deadline for when the card starts. Otherwise that opens up a lot of possibilities. If a bunch of people vehemently disagree, then I'll change it.

northstarsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:11 AM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post

Anyways, decent fights. I didn't think Easton/Papazian was that great to be honest, it was ok.
I'm not sure why fans on the internet get such a boner for these bantamweight sparring matches either.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:24 AM
m9

Quote:
I'm not sure why fans on the internet get such a boner for these bantamweight sparring matches either.
There was pieces of good action, but Easton was a bit underwhelming. Two guys getting tired standing and swinging with not much behind the shots doesn't appeal to me to much.

Old
01-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
I thought it was a good fight but nothing great.

Reminds me of Cruz/Faber 2 when people were calling it fight of the year and one of the best fights in UFC history. Again, it was a good fight but nothing more than that.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 01:50 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I thought it was a good fight but nothing great.

Reminds me of Cruz/Faber 2 when people were calling it fight of the year and one of the best fights in UFC history. Again, it was a good fight but nothing more than that.
Agreed.

There are very few examples IMO where you can have a "great" fight with nobody close to being finished.

Old
01-21-2012, 08:06 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
I feel like that Anik guy and Florians voices are just too similar to be a good duo.
That's a good point actually--there was once or twice when I wasn't sure which one was talking. I don't think it's a lethal downfall, though. Personally, I think Anik's great. Goldie is absurd. He spends half the time hawking products and the other half talking some nonsense about one of the guys' background while ignoring what is actually happening. Florian is good on a panel, but I'm not sold on him as a color guy. That said, you can tell he has more overall MMA knowledge than Rogan.

The Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Fanpuck33

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Yeah, I also struggled with being able to tell who was talking. I'd much prefer Bonnar or even Mir to Florian. Bonnar's reaction to Pettis' cage kick is one of my favorite calls of all time. Right up there with Rogan's reaction to the spilled bag of ice that one time, haha.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Captain_Cunney

Another card that looks like a sack of dung on paper turns out to be very entertaining.

Jim Miller continues to be a beast, I'd love to see a rematch with Gray or a fight with Barbosa up next for him.

I'm a bit surprised there isn't more talk about the Russian kid after his performance. Kamal is a beast, to never fight in a cage before and come in and dominate Shalorus like that is a pretty huge accomplishment, IMO. His grappling seemed very good and his unorthodox striking appeared to give Shalorus all sorts of trouble. I look forward to seeing his next fight.

Finally, and most importantly, WARRRRRR the Ninja of Love!!

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
DaaaaB's

Damn you, Daniel Pineda. I would've been 10-0 if he hadn't beat Schilling. BTW, someone said Pineda is a former KOTC champ but I'm pretty sure he's never fought in KOTC before.

Pretty good card overall. Amazing KO by the Ninja of Love. Impressive performence by the young Russian as well. I'm really glad to see Rivera go out with a TKO win like that. The guy fought with a lot of heart over the years and was pretty lethal on his feet. Him KO'ing Kendall Grove was a great moment.

Loved the Barry/Morecraft fight as always with Barry fights. Really pumped he won as he most likely would've been cut otherwise. Does anyone think Barry would be better off getting into shape and fighting at 205 or do you think there's too many good wrestlers that would give him fits at 205?

Me and some buddies were talking about that during the card and I personnally think he's better off at HW. He's never going to be a contender at either weight though. LOL at him being called a kick-boxing legend too.

I was super pumped to see Miller choke Melvin even though myself and everyone else knew he would. Great job by Miller being patient waiting for a takedown opportunity while eating a few shots. Once it hit the ground it was over.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote