HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM
BigBrown
They did it!

vCash: 500
I'd rather keep Voynov personally and that's just not because Johnson had a rough couple of games lately. In my eyes, Voynov and Johnson seem to be comparable players already and Voynov is in his rookie season and Johnson in his fifth.

But I'm guessing the Kings end up keeping Johnson. He's supposedly a gym rat and is often talked about as a competitor and leader, intangibles Lombardi values highly. Also Vonyov is Russian.

Old
01-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Am I the only one who isn't a Carter fan? Philly fans were happy to see him go, he's pouting, soft and injury prone. Obviously he can put the puck in the net, but so could Penner before he go here. Even though the cap hit is relatively low, it is a long contract and I wouldn't be willing to give up the assets they are surely looking for.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM
SuperAlmeida

Parise anyone!?
Quote:
NHL could loan cash-strapped Devils money for operating costs

The National Hockey League is in talks with the money-losing New Jersey Devils to advance the team money so it can continue to operate through the season, The Post has learned.
Under the NHL plan, Devils controlling owner Jeffery Vanderbeek would continue to run the team while he pursues a long-term financing solution, sources said.
“We can presume if the advance has not happened, it is going to happen soon,” a source close to the team said.
The Devils, which need to meet payroll twice a month until the regular season ends April 7, are weighing trading team captain Zach Parise for draft picks.
Parise makes $6 million and his contract expires at the end of the year, a source said.
A Devils Arena Entertainment spokesman said, “We are not prepared to make any further comment.”
An NHL spokesman called a report that the league was considering funding the Devils “inaccurate,” but declined to elaborate.
The Devils are on track to lose up to $20 million this season. The team could cut those losses if it makes the playoffs and is able to generate revenue from additional games.
Currently, the Devils have the seventh-best record in the Eastern Conference and eight teams make the playoffs.
Aside from losing money, the team has not been able to repay an $80 million principal payment that was originally due Sept. 1.
The lenders could place the loan in default but are restricted by NHL rules from placing the team in bankruptcy until the end of the season.
Vanderbeek has been looking to raise money by securitizing the team’s long-term television rights deal with the MSG cable sports network.
According to sources, the process has been a tough slog.
Vanderbeek, who owns 47 percent of the team, does not have the money to fund losses, while billionaire Ray Chambers, who also owns 47 percent, no longer wants to fund the team.
Last year, Vanderbeek unsuccessfully tried to sell Chambers’ stake. Chambers has offered to pay lenders $24 million to get out of his financial guarantee, indicating that he believes the club is not worth more than its roughly $200 million in team and stadium debt.
Chambers has declined comment.
Billionaire Nelson Peltz, who controls the Wendy’s restaurant chain, is interested in refinancing the team, a source said. A Peltz spokesman declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...#ixzz1kJ08TVxa

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 01-23-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old
01-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Aussie King

Yes please.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Then again, if it comes down to it, Johnson or Voynov? Voynov or Johnson?
I like JJ and think he is/will be a solid defenseman in the NHL for years. But I will keep Voynov for the following reasons:

1. JJ will get us more value coming back (at least it should lol) and leave us more cap space.

2. Although I think JJ is a great puck carrier, Voynov clearly has better hockey sense already. Voynov has his lapses, but I worry much less with him back there than JJ defensively. Also Voynov has made several critical defensive plays on outnumbered attacks.

PS: BTW, I'm not worried about Lokti and Voynov's "Russian-ness". They seem like kids with a good head on their shoulders and are solid competitors. (of course this is based on what I see so take w/grain of salt)

Old
01-23-2012, 12:31 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Ray Chambers may be my new hero.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Who relocates sooner? Phoenix or New Jersey? Sad state of affairs

Old
01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Ray Chambers may be my new hero.

Will he send us Parise for Penner & a pair of 2nds?

Old
01-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Who relocates sooner? Phoenix or New Jersey? Sad state of affairs
With the brand new rink in Jersey I don't see that team going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Just because the current owners are no longer interested does not mean it could not still be salvaged. The Kovy contract is killer though, and next year his salary goes from 6 million this year to 11 million in real dollars and stays above 10 million per season till 18-19. Ouch.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:56 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Will he send us Parise for Penner & a pair of 2nds?
And a personal check from Uncle Phil for $24M. Yeah, it ain't gonna happen.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:07 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Am I the only one who isn't a Carter fan? Philly fans were happy to see him go, he's pouting, soft and injury prone. Obviously he can put the puck in the net, but so could Penner before he go here. Even though the cap hit is relatively low, it is a long contract and I wouldn't be willing to give up the assets they are surely looking for.
How is he injury prone? He missed a total of 46 games in his entire career, including the 17 he missed this year. He missed 35 games in 4 junior years before that, and some of those were missed so he could play in the WJC twice. I estimate he really missed only about 12 games in his entire junior career to injuries, assuming he didn't have a suspension or two I'm unaware of.

So in his seventh NHL season he's missed 46 games (an average of 6.7 games per season and about 58 games total in the last 11 years (just over five a season). He's also played 81 or more games three times in his NHL career.

How is he injury prone?

Old
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Parise anyone!?
Larry Brooks posted the same thing basically four months ago:

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/...ember-13-2011/

Perhaps where there is smoke there is fire, but you'd think things would have to be pretty grim if they would deal Parise away solely for draft picks.

Also, for the CBA experts like JaysKings, is there now a limit on the amount of cash a team can trade to another team in a deal, or are deals like the Gretzky one still allowable?

Old
01-23-2012, 02:26 PM
BKR

We need a solid LW and Dallas is rich in them. Obviously they're in the same division as us, but for the right price, does anyone see us being able to pry either of the following away from them, and if so, what would the price be?

- Loui Eriksson
- Jamie Benn

It's a given that we would have to give up some NHL "proven" talent. What sort of a package (if any) do you see working?

Old
01-23-2012, 02:29 PM
BigBrown
They did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
We need a solid LW and Dallas is rich in them. Obviously they're in the same division as us, but for the right price, does anyone see us being able to pry either of the following away from them, and if so, what would the price be?

- Loui Eriksson
- Jamie Benn

It's a given that we would have to give up some NHL "proven" talent. What sort of a package (if any) do you see working?
We would probably have to start with Dustin Brown or at the very least Jack Johnson and then add something good from there. I don't see the Stars moving either player.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

- Loui Eriksson
- Jamie Benn

Finding a reasonable deal wouldn't be possible. If Doughty was on the block, maybe. Just not worth it. It would be the same as trading for Bobby Ryan.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
01-23-2012, 02:33 PM
johnjm22

Quote:

- Loui Eriksson
- Jamie Benn

Pipe dream.

Even inquiring about them would be a massive insult.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:37 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
We would probably have to start with Dustin Brown or at the very least Jack Johnson and then add something good from there. I don't see the Stars moving either player.
I'd be more than happy to send Brown + JJ.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
DaAnimal

Lets be realistic here:

If we land pairse in a trade, we will definitely not be giving up any core players. Hes gonna be a rental player for 30 games max. It will be a mid round pick + an AHLer and maybe a bottom 6.

Chances of us landing pairse during the off season is very unlikely, given the statistics of LA landing a big name player. He will end up either resigning with the devils or go to a east coast/canadian team.

If we are trading JJ away it better be a good top 6. I understand people are convinced about Voynov but I'm not. JJ is a leader and will most likely get promoted to A sometime in the near future.

I really want to get rid of Stoll but I think sutter has a heart on for him. When will the coaches realize he's only effective in the faceoffs and sometimes in the SOs. The rest of his ice time, hes just skating around, doing bone headed passes or fumbling the puck because he thinks he thinks he's Rick V2.0

Stars is a very good trading partner but i dont see them trading us their power forwards during the season. They are also in the playoff hunt.

So honestly i dont really know whats gonna happen prior to the trade deadline.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
SuperAlmeida

Teams that will be interested in Parise this summer:

- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Detroit Red Wings
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Minnesota Wild
- Boston Bruins
- Dallas Stars
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings

I think we have a great chance!

Old
01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:

- Loui Eriksson
- Jamie Benn

Benn would be epic, but that's about as likely as us trading Kopi.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I'd be more than happy to send Brown + JJ.
and they'd be more then happy to laugh in your face.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Larry Brooks posted the same thing basically four months ago:

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/...ember-13-2011/

Perhaps where there is smoke there is fire, but you'd think things would have to be pretty grim if they would deal Parise away solely for draft picks.
Trading off Rolston just to buyout Trent Hunter seemed to be a sign of trying to save as much cash as possible. At the time, I thought the same about Colin White but he's looked awful with the Sharks this year.

The Devils have quite a bit of money being freed up this offseason and four fairly big contracts coming off the books in the summer of 2013. The goaltending situation will be interesting, but they're below this year's cap floor based on the current contracts.

Quote:
Also, for the CBA experts like JaysKings, is there now a limit on the amount of cash a team can trade to another team in a deal, or are deals like the Gretzky one still allowable?
I was under the impression that cash deals were now prohibited, the nixed Palffy/Rangers trade back in the day seemed to be the last one that almost got through?

Old
01-23-2012, 03:33 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:

- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Detroit Red Wings
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Minnesota Wild
- Boston Bruins
- Dallas Stars
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings

not sure if serious?

Old
01-23-2012, 03:34 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

- Loui Eriksson
- Jamie Benn

Given we are in the same division, and will be next year as well due to the NHLPA blockage of the new conference format, we'd likely have to pay 20-30% more than most other teams. There's a reason inter-divisional deals don't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Lets be realistic here:

If we land pairse in a trade, we will definitely not be giving up any core players. Hes gonna be a rental player for 30 games max. It will be a mid round pick + an AHLer and maybe a bottom 6.
How is that realistic. Kovalchuk, Antti Salmela and a 2nd netted a 1st, Johnny Oduya, Nicklas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, round 1 pick in the 2010 draft and round 2 pick in the 2010 draft.

Marian Hossa and Pascal Dupuis cost Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and round 1 pick in the 2008 draft (Daultan Leveille)

Rob Blake and Steven Reinprecht cost Adam Deadmarsh, Aaron Miller, Jared Aulin and round 1 pick in the 2001 draft plus an additional 1st.

Even Halpern cost us "a bottom six and a mid-round pick." You think adding an AHLer to that gets us Parise? You think we can get Parise for a 3rd, Thomas Hickey and Trevor Lewis? 15 other teams would beat that offer in a heartbeat.

Parise will be moved for a package along the lines of a 1st, Kyle Clifford, Tyler Toffoli and something small, such as a guy like Lewis or Richardson, or another pick like a 3rd rounder based on past trading of star UFA rentals.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:

- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Detroit Red Wings
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Minnesota Wild
- Boston Bruins
- Dallas Stars
- Florida Panthers
- Los Angeles Kings

All 30 teams would be interested in Parise. If a team has the cap room, they could get him. Even the Islanders. Remember two years ago when they came out of no where to offer Kovalchuk a one-year, $10 million deal?

Closed Thread