HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/21/12 "Turbulence" - Panthers VS Jets

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm not close to Zero, but how can you post thoughts when all you see is a whine-fest? It can be nauseating. I'll work on not adding to it, apologize. We all want the playoffs, but didn't we all know that with 7 out, then Theo, this was going to happen? It's like everyone forgets that every game!
I hear you man, but I tend to give our fan base a large benefit of the doubt with this stuff. I attended our last playoff game (Game 4 vs. NJ in 2000). I was 11 - and now I'm 23. I never thought in a million years that would be possible. I've lived a longer lifetime since than before. The fan base has endured being the worst team out, and being the best team to miss the playoffs. We've endured getting screwed in draft lottery systems to being tiebreakered out of a playoff spot. We've gone through terrible management that's lied to us and nearly run our franchise into the ground.

With all that being said, I'm 100% on board that things are totally different now. I get to talk to Santos a lot and he's a great hockey mind, as is, clearly, Tallon. I know things are going in the right direction, and that it's just a matter of time until things really turn around. But that doesn't mean I want one single more season out of the fun and excitement of the postseason. I went to a Tampa Bay playoff game last year (just because I wanted to remember what it was like) and I still get boosebumps thinking of the videos, atmosphere, and fan involvement. I want that here, and I want that here this season.

So seeing a team that looked like it was going to take us there was exciting for all of us. And to see that team now playing quite below that level is extremely frustrating. And unfortunately, injuries aren't enough to make us feel better at this point. Players are back. Let's get it done. And let's stand together as a fan base.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Sadly, I'm not expecting a W tonight.

-We suck in B2B's.
-This is a B2B where we had to play a 9 PM game yesterday and now have to play at 7 tonight, traveling all the way up to Canada.

I'd be shocked if Theodore's in net, btw.
This was what I posted before last night's game.

I really hope this is the reason they played the way they played because it's the only excuse I can think of for last night.

Winnipeg is a mediocre team and they were missing, arguably, their two best players.

It's definitely a huge win in the standings. It's a win that could eliminate Winnipeg from the equation for good as they now lack momentum heading into their 6-game road trip.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:39 PM
RainingRats

Clemmer has a .911 save %, a 2.80 GAA, and has earned at least one point in 12 of the 14 games he's played in.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:08 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
I hear you man, but I tend to give our fan base a large benefit of the doubt with this stuff. I attended our last playoff game (Game 4 vs. NJ in 2000). I was 11 - and now I'm 23. I never thought in a million years that would be possible. I've lived a longer lifetime since than before. The fan base has endured being the worst team out, and being the best team to miss the playoffs. We've endured getting screwed in draft lottery systems to being tiebreakered out of a playoff spot. We've gone through terrible management that's lied to us and nearly run our franchise into the ground.

With all that being said, I'm 100% on board that things are totally different now. I get to talk to Santos a lot and he's a great hockey mind, as is, clearly, Tallon. I know things are going in the right direction, and that it's just a matter of time until things really turn around. But that doesn't mean I want one single more season out of the fun and excitement of the postseason. I went to a Tampa Bay playoff game last year (just because I wanted to remember what it was like) and I still get boosebumps thinking of the videos, atmosphere, and fan involvement. I want that here, and I want that here this season.

So seeing a team that looked like it was going to take us there was exciting for all of us. And to see that team now playing quite below that level is extremely frustrating. And unfortunately, injuries aren't enough to make us feel better at this point. Players are back. Let's get it done. And let's stand together as a fan base.
Excellent Post.

Im thankful for Laus though i like a more grounded viewpoint in the wake of my sometimes insensible rage and bliss that comes with wins and losses.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:36 PM
LanceH
Rookie User

we made the Jets give us a spit shine!

Old
01-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Ekblast
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to Ekblast
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceH View Post
What?

Old
01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceH View Post
When did mommy buy you a computer?

Old
01-22-2012, 04:12 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:

I went to a Red Wings - Coyotes playoff game last year. It was game #1 when Datsyuk assisted on that between the legs shot, pretty awesome.

Before the game they had a video recapping the Wings last 20 years, all in which they made the playoffs, with clips from every year. This gave me goose bumps.

I wish that someday we may have the same success as the Wings. Needless to say I was a little jealous that day, and in so may have crushed a few beverages to wash away my sorrow as a Panthers fan.

But that was last year, and now we are in a new season. I feel like we are on the road to recovery, and in great hands with Tallon & Co. Personally I am getting sick of the negatism that surrounds this team. We shouldn't be flamming each other for someone trying to stay positive throughout this season. I know it seems easy to revert back to our old negative ways, but we have to get over that.

I know we didn't play the best last night, and the stats do show that. But you can't forget, we played a late game in Chi-town the night before, got into Winnipeg @ 3:30am. Not went to sleep in their hotel rooms then, the airplanes landed then. So one could guess they got to bed at 4:30-5am? Then had to get up, and play at 7pm. I'm sure that isn't an easy thing to do at the end of a road trip. Give the boys some slack. They battled hard last night and stuck with the Jets all game, and ended up toughing out a W.

One hellavu gutsy effort last night, and I for one am proud of them and proud to be a Panthers fan after that game!

Old
01-22-2012, 04:26 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
I went to a Red Wings - Coyotes playoff game last year. It was game #1 when Datsyuk assisted on that between the legs shot, pretty awesome.

Before the game they had a video recapping the Wings last 20 years, all in which they made the playoffs, with clips from every year. This gave me goose bumps.

I wish that someday we may have the same success as the Wings. Needless to say I was a little jealous that day, and in so may have crushed a few beverages to wash away my sorrow as a Panthers fan.

But that was last year, and now we are in a new season. I feel like we are on the road to recovery, and in great hands with Tallon & Co. Personally I am getting sick of the negatism that surrounds this team. We shouldn't be flamming each other for someone trying to stay positive throughout this season. I know it seems easy to revert back to our old negative ways, but we have to get over that.

I know we didn't play the best last night, and the stats do show that. But you can't forget, we played a late game in Chi-town the night before, got into Winnipeg @ 3:30am. Not went to sleep in their hotel rooms then, the airplanes landed then. So one could guess they got to bed at 4:30-5am? Then had to get up, and play at 7pm. I'm sure that isn't an easy thing to do at the end of a road trip. Give the boys some slack. They battled hard last night and stuck with the Jets all game, and ended up toughing out a W.

One hellavu gutsy effort last night, and I for one am proud of them and proud to be a Panthers fan after that game!
Enjoyed your post.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Great post. I need to be more patient with others as well. We're still in a playoff spot, just gets tough. My bad all the way.

01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Excellent Post.

Im thankful for Laus though i like a more grounded viewpoint in the wake of my sometimes insensible rage and bliss that comes with wins and losses.
Was a good post. I think you're a good poster, you offer generally good content, I'm frustrated sometimes, too, just try to look at the brighter things.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
When did mommy buy you a computer?

Old
01-22-2012, 05:25 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:

Terrific post. I was extremely negative in my post after the game last night partly because I felt like we completely stole the game, getting outplayed in just about every category to a mediocre team. However, even though in the back of my mind I did know about the team getting into Winnipeg super late at night and probably not getting much sleep, but all that I really thought about was what happened in the game afterward. Some can say that getting in extremely late and not getting much sleep or rest shouldn't be an excuse since this is their job and they should always be prepared for anything, but then I have to remember that they're human too. I know I can't do my job as well with hardly sleep the night before since I'm not as alert, so maybe I should give them the same benefit of the doubt too. Anyway, hopefully this win leads to another one on Tuesday to go into the all-star break on a positive side.

Old
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:

This is a great post and definitely speaks for a lot of Panther fans. I'm 25 this year and I remember our last playoff game but oh my is that memory distant!

Old
01-22-2012, 07:27 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Clemmer has a .911 save %, a 2.80 GAA, and has earned at least one point in 12 of the 14 games he's played in.
As much crap as we give Clemmer and the weak goals he does give up, those are the stats and record a very solid backup goaltender. You really can't ask for much more.

Old
01-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
As much crap as we give Clemmer and the weak goals he does give up, those are the stats and record a very solid backup goaltender. You really can't ask for much more.
Not to mention the fact that he's basically played against every elite team in hockey.

He's had to play the Bruins, Rangers, Canucks, Penguins, Sharks, and Senators. Also the Capitals earlier in the season when they were healthier, resembling more their team of the past couple of years.

I'm guessing that has to be one of the toughest schedules an actual backup goalie has had to face this year.

Edit: When he played Dallas, they were (from what I remember, anyway) the best team in hockey at that point. That was probably the best game the Panthers have played all year, though. With that said, he did shut them out.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:35 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
He's put together a couple of solid games lately, bringing the numbers into very respectable range.

One thing that causes the angst towards him are some of the goals are soooo sophomoric they are painful to watch.

When he plays well (focus?) those are eliminated.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Not to mention the fact that he's basically played against every elite team in hockey.

He's had to play the Bruins, Rangers, Canucks, Penguins, Sharks, and Senators. Also the Capitals earlier in the season when they were healthier, resembling more their team of the past couple of years.

I'm guessing that has to be one of the toughest schedules an actual backup goalie has had to face this year.

Edit: When he played Dallas, they were (from what I remember, anyway) the best team in hockey at that point. That was probably the best game the Panthers have played all year, though. With that said, he did shut them out.
Never realized that he has faced those teams. WOW When he plays he really has his work cut out for him.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:46 AM
zeroG

Quote:
My only issue is that you've kind of become the old Zero, where you only really pop up to disagree with people. All I saw tonight was you showing up whenever we scored, scolding the non believers. The team is playing poorly now, and people are going to be negative. It's a part of being on a message board. It's just annoying that every single time someone says something negative, you have to call them out. I understand some people on here, and we both know who, are negative to the extreme, and that is annoying. Just want to see you get back to posting your own thoughts on the game since you're a great poster, instead of just coming on here to rub things in the face of negative posters.
what are you talking about??? that's not all i do!

ok, here's a curveball - i think the positive, unwavering support is great. and not just for your sports team, eh? however, we have to differentiate between criticism and negativity. i, like a lot of posters, am overwhelmingly positive on tallon, dineen and where this team is headed. that doesn't mean every move, every game, every coaching decision will be right or can't be criticized. i think there's merit in the debate around those details and in holding the team to a high standard.

on that note, i get very frustrated watching the team play this rather lazy, undisciplined style regardless of wins or losses. i shut the damn game off (for a little while at least) after that embarrassing 2nd goal against. fact of the matter is we continue to skate by on good fortune rather than hard work, solid checking and physical play many (if not most) nights. i didn't watch the entire game so i won't classify last night's effort but i think it's safe to say we're seeing rather uneven play regularly from this team the last couple of months. and it isn't because of the injuries (at least imo).

Old
01-23-2012, 08:53 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
what are you talking about??? that's not all i do!

ok, here's a curveball - i think the positive, unwavering support is great. and not just for your sports team, eh? however, we have to differentiate between criticism and negativity. i, like a lot of posters, am overwhelmingly positive on tallon, dineen and where this team is headed. that doesn't mean every move, every game, every coaching decision will be right or can't be criticized. i think there's merit in the debate around those details and in holding the team to a high standard.
Others take criticism as negativity, and vice versa, which somewhat creates animosity between posters here, and that seems to happen more often than not when this team is playing poorly. A lot of times, we all try to get something across, only to have it misinterpreted, which is understandable since we are having conversations/debates via a computer screen.

I, along with others who have been here for a long time, I believe, find it extremely refreshing that we can hold our team to a higher standard than years past. Its been so long since we have been this successful, this early on in a season, and it seems that being in this position makes us comb through the teams negatives more than when we were constantly on the bottom of the Eastern Conference. Its just a joy to know that as long as everything falls into place, this team, in time, will probably become the best team we have ever had.

Quote:
on that note, i get very frustrated watching the team play this rather lazy, undisciplined style regardless of wins or losses. i shut the damn game off (for a little while at least) after that embarrassing 2nd goal against. fact of the matter is we continue to skate by on good fortune rather than hard work, solid checking and physical play many (if not most) nights. i didn't watch the entire game so i won't classify last night's effort but i think it's safe to say we're seeing rather uneven play regularly from this team the last couple of months. and it isn't because of the injuries (at least imo).
I really hope that this undisciplined, lazy play we have seen from them lately is due to the amount of injuries that has plagued us, because we will not be a playoff team if we play like we have lately. The word cute is brought up when this team plays away from its strengths, and they need to get back to what got them here in the beginning. Some of that also is due to the top line coming back down to Earth, so we need to improve on our secondary scoring, whether it be by trade or just by committee. But I believe the biggest issue we have at the moment is our play in our own end, it drastically needs to improve. If we continue to allow shots in the high 30s every night, we are going to falter.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Quote:

Add me in as saying this is a great post and sums up not only how I felt about Saturday night, but how I've felt this season.

I'm hoping Saturday was our turning point for this slump. Philly is injured and let's take advantage!

Old
01-23-2012, 01:08 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:

I think many of the members of this forum are too young to remember the Detroit Dead Things...

Take a look at the years BEFORE that 20 year run (1967 - 1983 in particular).

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/d...s.php?tmi=5492

Closed Thread