HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs skill competition results

Old
01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
It has to be the fisrt year in many that they didnt fill the venue for this event "only" 18000 according to rds
I always find that the Habs advertise this event terribly. Every year it seems like I find out about it only the day after by reading the results on HF. Do they even advertise it all on RDS during the games or anything?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
AntonCH

For an event that wasn't "sold out" there were still scalpers outside trying to sell tickets.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Protest the Hero

I don't think anything can match Cammy shooting 4 for 4, then Metropolit coming in and going 4-4 with slapshots, plus a one-timer on the last one.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
It has to be the fisrt year in many that they didnt fill the venue for this event "only" 18000 according to rds
I heard it was around 15.000k

still alot but way off from years past...sign of the time...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
For an event that wasn't "sold out" there were still scalpers outside trying to sell tickets.
these last wack of home games are goona be painful for them ...

The bubble finally burst

Old
01-22-2012, 08:04 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I always find that the Habs advertise this event terribly. Every year it seems like I find out about it only the day after by reading the results on HF. Do they even advertise it all on RDS during the games or anything?
I never knew the event existed till now. Thanks media, too busy feeding us ******** to tell us about actual Habs events

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Rand0mTAG
Rookie User

I would like to know what kostitsyn's hardest shot is.

Rand0mTAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand0mTAG View Post
I would like to know what kostitsyn's hardest shot is.
He clocked 100 mph last year.

Edit: That was 2 years ago since MAB was there.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I never knew the event existed till now. Thanks media, too busy feeding us ******** to tell us about actual Habs events
Exactly what the media's good for in montreal.

That's why it annoys me so much that the people of this forum are so easily swayed but their terrible journalism.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post

I think he didn't want to shoot this year because, he didn't want to scare any kids.
Might have been some complaints last year.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:53 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Exactly what the media's good for in montreal.

That's why it annoys me so much that the people of this forum are so easily swayed but their terrible journalism.
Dude I bring it up on a regular basis because it's so true. Everyone regurgitates Tony from 990 and AntiChambre on a regular basis. Funny part is a lot of what is said contradicts things I've seen with my own eyes from players.

All this Kostitsyn bashing over the last 2 years, total horse ****.

Bashing Eller when he's still very young and promising, meanwhile Pacioretty was also bashed at one point and took 100~ games before he started producing like a top 6 forward.

Bashing Subban when he's a 22 year old #1 D with no supporting cast aside from a #3-4d in Gorges and Kaberle. The rest are at best #5 and mostly 7's like others have mentioned. He isn't playing offensively because he's being asked to shoulder too much of the defensive side of the game. It's clear as day, he's also playing way too many minutes. You wanna know why he doesn't take risks? Because he can't, he's supposed to be a two-way mostly offensive D but we're trying to turn him into the opposite. He's a victim of circumstance. His defensive errors are magnified but if you compare his number of mistakes per minute played versus good plays (thank you Boucher Scouting) you realize he's one of the best and most consistent players on the team by far. He makes some mistakes and you all chew him out cause the team is doing badly, but he's been one of our only good players aside from Cole, Gorges Desharnais, Price etc. Those guys make up half a team not a full one.

All the guys doing the right things are getting blamed and it's laughable. Do people here honestly watch the games or just comment on stuff they don't see? Price getting bashed too now because he isn't stealing games left and right? You won't win games in this league 1-0 ten times a year.

Oh and the Kaberle bashing even though he's arguably being misused and is still putting up points

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post

Edit: That was 2 years ago since MAB was there.
funny i know the owner that took those videos

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Dude I bring it up on a regular basis because it's so true. Everyone regurgitates Tony from 990 and AntiChambre on a regular basis. Funny part is a lot of what is said contradicts things I've seen with my own eyes from players.

Bashing Eller when he's still very young and promising, meanwhile Pacioretty was also bashed at one point and took 100~ games before he started producing like a top 6 forward.

Bashing Subban when he's a 22 year old #1 D with no supporting cast aside from a #3-4d in Gorges and Kaberle. The rest are at best #5 and mostly 7's like others have mentioned. He isn't playing offensively because he's being asked to shoulder too much of the defensive side of the game. It's clear as day, he's also playing way too many minutes. You wanna know why he doesn't take risks? Because he can't, he's supposed to be a two-way mostly offensive D but we're trying to turn him into the opposite. He's a victim of circumstance. His defensive errors are magnified but if you compare his number of mistakes per minute played versus good plays (thank you Boucher Scouting) you realize he's one of the best and most consistent players on the team by far. He makes some mistakes and you all chew him out cause the team is doing badly, but he's been one of our only good players aside from Cole, Gorges Desharnais, Price etc. Those guys make up half a team not a full one.

All the guys doing the right things are getting blamed and it's laughable. Do people here honestly watch the games or just comment on stuff they don't see? Price getting bashed too now because he isn't stealing games left and right? You won't win games in this league 1-0 ten times a year.

Oh and the Kaberle bashing even though he's arguably being misused and is still putting up points
LOL... so true. Its truely sad to see the media ( i.e L'antichambre ) control the "group-think" of the fanbase.

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Routs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk View Post
Ah, back when Cammi loved being part of the Habs organization... Metro definitely had some skill to his game. Wouldn't have minded seeing him back for a year or two after. Filled into a lot of spots.

Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Was there a breakaway event?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:17 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Was there a breakaway event?
as usual no one showed up for it

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:23 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
as usual no one showed up for it
ba-dum tshhhh

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

How much it cost to go there? We all go next year!

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:53 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

So the word is that when tomas kaberle accepted a pass for the shot accuracy competition, he passed it right back to the original guy instead of taking the shot

is this true?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Gomez didn't score against the shooter tutor

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:49 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Sorry dude.

Too busy scoring 39 goals in 28 games in the FHL.

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak....&seasonid=7324
good for him

never heard about this league before
funny is the 1st has 4 loss in 33 games
and the last 2 wins in 31 games
and WTF delaware played 14 games only

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

And I understand criticism about Gauthier's moves but what the national and local media LOVES to harp on is HOW Gauthier does his moves. As if that really matters.

"He's so secretive"

NO ****! Have you seen the crap your media outlets have put out about him, the team? Remember the "darkest day in habs history" where I think it was Bergeron and Demers were crying? What a crock of ********.

Quote:

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote