HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Foligno or Kulemin

Old
01-19-2012, 12:11 PM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
He was picked for PuckDaddy's Perfect HFBoards Trade Proposal of the Week by Ryan Lambert.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...HRlc3QD;_ylv=3
That's funny. But a pretty terrible article. Especially the senators part

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
That's funny. But a pretty terrible article. Especially the senators part
Ryan Lambert never has anything good to say about the Senators...ever.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2012, 12:24 PM
IBLeaf*

I believe Kulemin had a career year last year and won't come that close to it again. He's still a fine player with a valuable skillset though. I'd still take him despite Foligno's season to date.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM
umma gumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
That's not cheap, that's a thing of beauty.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Minimalist*

I agree with the sentiment that Kulemin produced offensively last year at a rate he probably won't ever again. He will likely end up being a great third liner, or an ok second liner.

I still take him though. I like his style.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 03:18 PM
ShotDownCrosby

If anything that Alfie hit on Tucker was very BORDERLINE. Alfie hits Tucker just behind his shoulder, and I'm not even sure if he touches the numbers on the back of the jersey (if he does, its just the side of the 6). A million hits like that never get called. I'm sure I could find a hit that tucker made that was FAR worse than that.

On the actual topic, I'd take Kulemin. But I am happy with Foligno. He's just adding some grit to the Sens, grit that Kulemin wouldn't add.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 04:11 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Kulemin isn't really physical, except battling for the puck in the corners. He barely ever hits except for a really bonecrusher every few games. He is however, better than Foligno in pretty much every offensive aspect as far as I'm concerned. Don't let this years point totals fool you, he is much better than he has been playing.
Id take Kulemin but the gap isnt as big as people say its actually quite close. (I have Kulemin in my keeper league and im a sens fan, I watch both players pretty closely, Kulemins production is far lower this season then his skill set).

Kulemin has a better shot and better offensive and defensive instincts he compliments his linemates better then Foligno. He also makes smarter decisions with the puck. That being said Foligno is far more effective at creating offense on his own and is a much much more physical player. Kulemin is 1 year older, when it comes to trade value I think they are about the same. It depends on what each teams needs are when evaluating which player is move valuable to your specific team.

In a playoff series I think id take Foligno but over the course of an entire season id take Kulemin.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 06:12 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
If anything that Alfie hit on Tucker was very BORDERLINE. Alfie hits Tucker just behind his shoulder, and I'm not even sure if he touches the numbers on the back of the jersey (if he does, its just the side of the 6). A million hits like that never get called. I'm sure I could find a hit that tucker made that was FAR worse than that.
Give up.

Leaf fans are still mad at Kerry Fraser for something that happened in a Game 6.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:25 PM
SenateReform

Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but Kulemin does make twice as much as Foligno.

I'll take the guy who makes half as much and can fit anywhere in the lineup, play a very good physical game and beat up the Leafs captain

SenateReform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Cowen Time

I laugh when Leaf fans need to reach back to Alfie's playoff hit on Tucker. That era of Leaf hockey had cheap shots down to an art form, with Tucker leading the pack. If that's your evidence after so many years.....

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
SenateReform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
I laugh when Leaf fans need to reach back to Alfie's playoff hit on Tucker. That era of Leaf hockey had cheap shots down to an art form, with Tucker leading the pack. If that's your evidence after so many years.....
Agreed, it's hard to shed tears over "Watch your knees" Tucker.

Old
01-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

kulemin ainec

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:06 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Have you heard of an edit button? Nice quintuple post there.

Also, he posted that because TrollCou...er, CarknerCountry criticized his own Sens fan colleague for picking Kulemin, and then proceeded to make it seem like Leaf fans are so crazy because some said they'd rather have Kuli over Staal in a thread last season. The post is simply a response showing that every fanbase has their crazies, and ironically, it's the same guy too.
Ah, i see. Makes sense.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:09 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabovski View Post
kulemin ainec
How is it not even close? That doesn't even make sense.You don't make sense. They are in the same ballpark of value. Way to show your homerism.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 11:52 AM
SenateReform

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
How is it not even close? That doesn't even make sense.You don't make sense. They are in the same ballpark of value. Way to show your homerism.
Yeah, there's a lot of silly posts like that. As a Sens fan, I've always liked Kulemin, he's solid on both ends of the ice and is a smart player. To act like it's not close between Foligno and Kulemin is sheer homerism.

ANIEC should be reserved for comparisons along the lines of Foligno and Kessel, where it truly isn't close.

Old
01-21-2012, 05:15 PM
The Big Swede

Who cares we all know and remember who won that series

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
Kulemin.

But it's close.
Kulemin. Not that close.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Ottawa fan voting Kulemin.

01-23-2012, 12:55 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Foligno. Kulemin is probably better hockey player than Nick but Nick has something what Kulemin doesnt have, he has big heart, he is hitter what is enough important and he can play not only as a winger but a center too. He is a very good powerforward, he is Umberger style but better than R.J.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Foligno. Kulemin is probably better hockey player than Nick but Nick has something what Kulemin doesnt have, he has big heart, he is hitter what is enough important and he can play not only as a winger but a center too. He is a very good powerforward, he is Umberger style but better than R.J.
Thats funny

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:22 PM
SenateReform

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Thats funny
Is Kulemin considered one of the real character, inspirational, motivating players on the team? Not a criticism, but an actual question because I have never heard of him that way.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:27 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenateReform View Post
Is Kulemin considered one of the real character, inspirational, motivating players on the team? Not a criticism, but an actual question because I have never heard of him that way.
Kulemin is one of the hardest working players on the team and plays hard every game. He's a quiet guy who can't speak English very well, but make no mistake he shows his character on the ice. His work ethic is the reason he improved so much every single year. This year he's slumping, but it's not because of work ethic.

He's also a really mature guy and has had that level of maturity ever since he got here. He got married at a young age and had his first child when he was only 22 years old, in his rookie season.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:36 PM
SenateReform

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Kulemin is one of the hardest working players on the team and plays hard every game. He's a quiet guy who can't speak English very well, but make no mistake he shows his character on the ice. His work ethic is the reason he improved so much every single year. This year he's slumping, but it's not because of work ethic.

He's also a really mature guy and has had that level of maturity ever since he got here. He got married at a young age and had his first child when he was only 22 years old, in his rookie season.
Cool, I've always liked Kulemin. What's happened to his stats this year? I thought he would be a consistent 25-25 type guy.