HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs ECHL update

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
penopekoo

vCash: 500
Habs ECHL update

The Columbus Cottomnouths' season has just started and so far they've played two games. Michaud was in net for both of them, and only let in 1 goal each game. The team won 3-1 and 4-1 in the contests.

So far Michaud's save percentage is 0.965 and his GAA is (obviously!) 1.00.

Christian Larrivee has one assist in 2 games. Shasby has one goal in 2 games. The team is currently playing well defensively but average defense means Michaud faces quite a few shots a night, which could be a good or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. Another fun note is that Michaud has an assist. Which is kind of cool, I suppose.

Columbus is the ECHL affiliate of both Montreal and Edmonton. Columbus faces Columbia (how confusing) later tonight. There is a link to listen live at www.cottonmouths.com if you are so inclined.

None of this is that important, but it's fun to know anyhow.

Old
10-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Thanks, Penopekoo.

Keep the updates coming.

Side note: the assist is a good sign. It means we have one goalie who's a good passer and stickhandler

Old
10-21-2003, 02:34 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
None of this is that important, but it's fun to know anyhow.
It's important if you're a HABS FANATIC!

...and that's what I am.

Thanks for the report.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:43 PM
penopekoo

Tonight's game, Michaud was started but let in 5 goals on 29 shots and was pulled in favour of back-up Antila. The eventual score was 5-3 for Columbia (not our team, Columbus).

Kind of bad, but Shasby got two assists so that's a plus. Larrivee did not get any points.

Old
11-07-2003, 06:55 AM
Holly Gunning

I saw Columbus play again last night. Two of the four goals scored on Michaud were on rebounds. A third was poor tightening against the post. The fourth and gamewinner was a nice tip in front, not much you can do there. Overall not the best night for him.

Shasby was terrific. Very smart player, very calm with the puck. Makes very crisp passes. He's a keeper. Larrivee did not impress me at all. He hits, that's a good thing, but he turns the puck over, doesn't keep his feet moving. Not seeing it with him.

Old
11-07-2003, 10:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
I saw Columbus play again last night. Two of the four goals scored on Michaud were on rebounds. A third was poor tightening against the post. The fourth and gamewinner was a nice tip in front, not much you can do there. Overall not the best night for him.

Shasby was terrific. Very smart player, very calm with the puck. Makes very crisp passes. He's a keeper. Larrivee did not impress me at all. He hits, that's a good thing, but he turns the puck over, doesn't keep his feet moving. Not seeing it with him.

MIchaud has struggled lately, letting in a lot of goals. Shasby is a smart player, I hope to see him moved up to Hamilton once crap like Traverse and Dykhuis are gone. Larrivee, IMO made a mistake not going to the ECHL last year, as he was advised. He needs to adjust to the physical game of the pros, but he does have some good offensive abitlities.

Old
11-07-2003, 01:51 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Larrivee... needs to adjust to the physical game of the pros, but he does have some good offensive abitlities.
Hmm, it looked like he was handling the physical part OK, it was the rest that struggled. But I'll see him a couple more times this year so I won't make any judgement yet.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
2 pro team in Columbus ( NHL and ECHL ? ) .. kinda surprising !

Their cherleaders are NOT hot ... maybe 1 or 2 but that's it lol

Old
11-07-2003, 03:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
2 pro team in Columbus ( NHL and ECHL ? ) .. kinda surprising !

Their cherleaders are NOT hot ... maybe 1 or 2 but that's it lol

No, the cottonmouths are in atlanta.

They play tonight, but Michaud gets the night off.

Old
11-07-2003, 03:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Here's the stats up todays game.

Shasby 1-4-5
Larrivee 0-4-4

Min Ga Gaa W L T Saves S%
Michaud 8 413 28 0 0 4.06 3 3 1 201 0.878

Old
11-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
No, the cottonmouths are in atlanta.
It's Gwinnett that's in suburban Atlanta. The Cottonmouths are in Columbus, GA, which is 2 hours to the south on the Alabama border. Famous as the home of AFLAC insurance.

But FYI, Columbus Ohio used to have an ECHL team back in the day, the Columbus Chill.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:07 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I wonder if they shouldn't send Andrew Archer in the ECHL. He's not playing at all right now and we don't have too many right-handed quality D prospects to take over, so might as well try to develop the few we have. Not sure I want to see Rivet and Brisebois for the next 10 years.

I can't understand why they play Traverse over Archer. Isn't this supposed to be our farm team? Send Traverse over there for Christ's sake.

Old
11-08-2003, 12:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I wonder if they shouldn't send Andrew Archer in the ECHL. He's not playing at all right now and we don't have too many right-handed quality D prospects to take over, so might as well try to develop the few we have. Not sure I want to see Rivet and Brisebois for the next 10 years.

I can't understand why they play Traverse over Archer. Isn't this supposed to be our farm team? Send Traverse over there for Christ's sake.

Archer is injured since camp, no word on his return yet.

Also last night MIchaud didn't let in any goals in relief of the starter.

Closed Thread