HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More Crap From Jack

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
  #1
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,722
vCash: 500
More Crap From Jack

Our friendly neighbourhood hack is at it again. I'm posting the link via Yahoo so the Gazette gets fewer hits on this garbage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...gaz-ca-6035011

Once again, I can't help but feel compelled to respond in some small way to this talentless hack of a writer who should've been fired years ago.
Quote:
MONTREAL - It’s high time someone called out P.K. Subban. Someone, that is, who hasn’t been a charter member of the anti-Subban club from the beginning, simply because of the colour of his skin.
Thanks for this. Now I need to go get a squeegee to remove all the self righteousness that's oozing from my monitor.

BTW Jack, why mention the guy's skin colour in the first place?
Quote:
After defending Subban since he first put on the uniform, I’ve had enough. The last straw came Friday night in Pittsburgh, when Subban produced the following:


1) A terrible giveaway that led to a Pittsburgh goal;


2) A disgraceful shouting match on the bench with assistant coach Randy Ladouceur and;


3) A dirty slew-foot on Chris Kunitz which would cost Subban $2,500 – and should have resulted in a three-game suspension, given the number of guys who have already gone down from the Subban Slew-foot this season.

Enough, already. Subban may be young but as we pointed out last week, Ottawa’s Eric Karlsson is more than a year younger. Karlsson not only has more than twice as many points, he’s also better defensively. Next argument?
1. So what? Happens all the time with young defenseman. He's GOING to make those kinds of mistakes going forward so get used to it. Development takes time and it's even worse when idiots like yourself are out there on your pulpits screaming at them.

2. There was nothing disgraceful about this at all. And you have no idea what was going on here so I'm not sure why you're back on your high horse.

3. You're one for three.
Quote:
Subban is better than this. He’d better be, because he and Carey Price represent this organization’s best hope of recovering from this lost season and building something for the future. It’s not going to happen if Subban won’t listen to his coaches. Yes, there should have been a forward there to take that errant pass in Pittsburgh. Yes, it was probably Scott Gomez who should have been there.

But Subban has eyes in his head. He has to see when the guy on the receiving end of a pass is wearing the wrong jersey. If the play, as Randy Cunneyworth said after, was to skate the puck out of the zone, Subban has the wheels to do so. But how is he going to learn if he refuses to listen to his coaches?
The guy messed up. Again, it's going to happen. Everyone knows that he screwed up Jack... and HE probably knows it too. As for the conversation, you have no idea what the hell they were talking about.

As for you saying "he'd better be" better than this... you're talking about a 22 year old defenseman who's in his 2nd year in the league. He's going to get better. Only an idiot couldn't see this. And only an even bigger idiot would write about it in a local newspaper.
Quote:
Finding the right Price: Meanwhile, there’s Subban’s high-fiving, low-fiving buddy, Carey Price. Saturday night in Toronto, we finally saw what Price is supposed to be: a big-time shutdown goaltender. That was Price’s win all the way – but it came after a string of four straight losses for Price.

As Mike Milbury tried to suggest 10 days ago before he was sneered down by Ron MacLean, the jury is still out on whether Pierre Gauthier dealt the right goaltender to St. Louis when he shipped out Jaroslav Halak after his miracle playoff run in 2010. Milbury was right, whether MacLean in his boundless arrogance cared to listen or not. Given the way their careers have gone up and down, we’d best wait another 10 years to see how came out better in that trade.

Even after his big win in Toronto, Price is 16-25 on the season, with a save percentage of .914 and a goals-against of 2.41. Halak had his shutout string broken by the struggling Buffalo Sabres Saturday night, but still won the game 4-2. He’s now 14-12, with a .920 save percentage, a sparkling 2.00 goals-against and four shutouts in 26 starts, compared with Price’s two shutouts in 41 starts.
Wait a second... didn't you say that the Habs got it right last year and that you always believed in Price? Wasn't this after years of bashing the heck out of him? Then (without apologizing) you came back with your usual crap of "I knew it all along" and now you're back with more of this crap.

Halak's hot streak coincides nicely with the arrival of Ken Hitchcock btw. It's great that he's doing well too and everyone wishes him well, but I'm pretty sure that Price's numbers would be a heck of a lot better over there too. The Blues are playing amazingly well. The Canadiens... not so much. And Price's numbers on a club like this are more than respectable btw. He hasn't been as good as usual but he's certainly not the reason we're struggling.
Quote:
Obviously, Price had the better season last year, but it takes more than one season to make a career, just as it takes more than one fabulous playoff run. The truth about Price, it appears, is that you have to keep him from getting too comfortable. After he lost his starting job to Halak, Price came roaring back with a fine season.

Then he got comfortable again and it wasn’t until Peter Budaj got a couple of starts in a week’s time that Price sensed the heat enough to come up with a big performance in Toronto. Meanwhile, the cheerleaders in the media (MacLean among them) keep telling us that Price is Ken Dryden, Patrick Roy and Terry Sawchuk all rolled into one.
Who the hell said this? Nobody is saying the guy is Patrick Roy. The only reason you have to come out with this kind of crap is because you need to justify the vitriol you're spewing here.

Quote:
Maybe he is. But he hasn’t proven it yet and until he does, the Canadiens are going to be just one more mediocre team.
So if Price doesn't become Ken Dryden then the Canadiens are going to be just one more mediocre team? This is just about the dumbest thing I've seen you write Jack and that's sayng... a lot.

The Canadiens need better players and until this happens we WILL remain a mediocre team. I don't care if Ken Dryden was on this team or not, it's not going anywhere until we have better players up front. PK Subban is not the problem. Carey Price is not the problem. We are losing DESPITE having these guys Jack. And maybe if you come down from your self righteous soapbox you'll be able to see this you talentless hack.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:03 PM
  #2
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Our friendly neighbourhood hack is at it again. I'm posting the link via Yahoo so the Gazette gets fewer hits on this garbage.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...gaz-ca-6035011

Once again, I can't help but feel compelled to respond in some small way to this talentless hack of a writer who should've been fired years ago.

Thanks for this. Now I need to go get a squeegee to remove all the self righteousness that's oozing from my monitor.

BTW Jack, why mention the guy's skin colour in the first place?

1. So what? Happens all the time with young defenseman. He's GOING to make those kinds of mistakes going forward so get used to it. Development takes time and it's even worse when idiots like yourself are out there on your pulpits screaming at them.








BIG GEORGE LARAQUE seen it coming Nov 9, 2011
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...unches-on-nhl/

Quote:
As he speaks his hands move faster, and he gets excited. He talks about the sometimes-strained racial climate in hockey — “media in Montreal have said P.K. Subban’s a great player and he has to be careful, because people are waiting for him to make a mistake, because he’s black. And it’s true.”

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
  #3
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,054
vCash: 500
Is Subban seriously getting 100% of the flak on his turnover against Pittsburgh?

The 3 forwards were all at the same location, blueline/neutral zone on the far side of the bench! Yhea, he turned the puck over. But that doesn't explain why 2 Penguins were in the slot position to receive a pass from the man go caught PK's mistake.

On a PP, having 2 opponents in your slot ready to receive easy pass is simply pure fail all around. Subban might have threw a match into the powder keg, but why was the keg even there to begin with?!?

This team is badly coached.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
  #4
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,503
vCash: 500
Considering everything, I would have to stop Jack after the first sentence with the words...


"Drew Doughty"

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:11 PM
  #5
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,760
vCash: 500
Awards:
Todd deserves far less time and attention that what you're giving him here. This is exactly what he wants. He doesn't care if he's right or wrong or stupid or hypocritical in his columns...if people keep talking about them, he'll keep writing him, and keep getting paid for his drivel. Why bother?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:12 PM
  #6
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
People in this city are never happy unless they're running someone out of town. It's only a matter of time until we get short-changed for Subban and he because a perennial all-star somewhere cozy and warm in the south. Then these same fans will blame the organization for burning rookies and giving up on players too quickly.

And like you said just playing the color card is awful. Pure sensationalism and lazy writing.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:13 PM
  #7
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 500
Well said LG, and thanks for posting Yahoo link instead.

@racial comment: no doubt in my mind, especially in a low IQ world of entertainment sports, that racism is still here and strong. No doubt PK doesn't get the same benifit of doubt as other players around the league; same with Non-NA players get easily criticized, still, for not showing up 100% of the time (lazy *enter nationality here*!)

@his column: the fact that he combined a PK/Price bashfest. Talk about opportunity for exposure. Seems to me we're giving into his crappy tactics! must suck though, to live such unethical life, doing anything for pure attention whoring.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:24 PM
  #8
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Is Subban seriously getting 100% of the flak on his turnover against Pittsburgh?

The 3 forwards were all at the same location, blueline/neutral zone on the far side of the bench! Yhea, he turned the puck over. But that doesn't explain why 2 Penguins were in the slot position to receive a pass from the man go caught PK's mistake.

On a PP, having 2 opponents in your slot ready to receive easy pass is simply pure fail all around. Subban might have threw a match into the powder keg, but why was the keg even there to begin with?!?

This team is badly coached.
I agree.

I don't even put much blame on PK there. You see this move done times and times again, on every team. Kind of easy to say he had to look behind him when a mistake is done.
Not to mention, PK broke up the play that was a 1 on 1 just before. We were on a PP, and the confusion starts because we are using 4 forwards. Plekanec is the one used at the point and for some reason, when AK passes it back to PK being the net, Plekanec decides to move up as if he was a center breaking out. Gomez and Bourque both come back in front of our net and move towards the wing where AK already is.
It's just completely poor positioning from our forwards (outside AK) and Plekanec that forgot his duties.

But hey, it's PK, so let's bash him.

PK makes so many nice plays that people either don't realize them anymore, or they simply don't understand hockey well enough to notice them.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:27 PM
  #9
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,647
vCash: 500
I hate that people like this have a job.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:29 PM
  #10
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I hate that people like this have a job.
i hate it even more that these dinosaur media models still exists, who keep peeps like jack employed. You know your model is expired when *sports blogs have better articles then your company.
*can be replaced with any other category, the amount of "expertise" in mainstream media is past due.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:32 PM
  #11
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
From day-one, Todd's writing has been fueled by his emotions. When the subject calls for passion, he can hit an occasional homerun, as he did with that Polytechnique piece he wrote in December. Beautiful stuff. But outside of his wheelhouse, he can be unforgivably messy. When the subject calls for him to step back from his personal feelings and objectively analyze - put on your raincoat. He becomes a geyser of irrational, hormonal bodily fluids. I just ignore those particular rants and always wash my hands after touching the paper.

I consider him the anti-Fisher, someone who mistakes self-righteousness for knowledge.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  #12
Frankenheimer
Registered User
 
Frankenheimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,900
vCash: 500
What was the argument with Ladouceur about? Missed that.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  #13
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Jack who???


RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
  #14
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Karlsson better than Subban defensively? The article loses whatever credibility it had right there.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
  #15
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
What was the argument with Ladouceur about? Missed that.
There was no argument.
After the goal, PK was talking to Ladouceur, and he obviously was frustrated. Ladouceur just showed him his flat hand as if to say ''it's okay, forget it, let it go. Stop talking about it.''.
Obviously, media folks were not going to prevent themselves from interpreting that as an argument.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:45 PM
  #16
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,402
vCash: 500
He makes some valid points, along the same quality found on HF.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
  #17
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Somebody should tweet this comment "whether MacLean in his boundless arrogance cared to listen or not" over to MacLean just for kicks

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:06 PM
  #18
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Karlsson better than Subban defensively? The article loses whatever credibility it had right there.
That part was downright comical considering Karlsson gets only favorable matchups (a la DD).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:07 PM
  #19
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There was no argument.
After the goal, PK was talking to Ladouceur, and he obviously was frustrated. Ladouceur just showed him his flat hand as if to say ''it's okay, forget it, let it go. Stop talking about it.''.
Obviously, media folks were not going to prevent themselves from interpreting that as an argument.
I love when the media makes a big deal about this...sort of like saying somebody you know, their marriage is screwed because they had a heated argument. It gets maginified when the team is losing also, since tempers are shorter and the media jumps on every tidbit.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
  #20
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
You people are losing your cool because of a troll writer.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
  #21
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Todd deserves far less time and attention that what you're giving him here. This is exactly what he wants. He doesn't care if he's right or wrong or stupid or hypocritical in his columns...if people keep talking about them, he'll keep writing him, and keep getting paid for his drivel. Why bother?
You have the power to remove threads. I don't see you doing anything about this drivel

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
  #22
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,100
vCash: 500
Jack Todd is on my real life ignore list. He's probably in the select few number of people who I'd call out on their **** in person and argue with them.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:35 PM
  #23
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Jack Todd is on my real life ignore list. He's probably in the select few number of people who I'd call out on their **** in person and argue with them.
He doesn't have the balls to any fan who knows their ****. He'd probably just keep interrupting them while spewing ********.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
  #24
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
People in this city are never happy unless they're running someone out of town. It's only a matter of time until we get short-changed for Subban and he because a perennial all-star somewhere cozy and warm in the south. Then these same fans will blame the organization for burning rookies and giving up on players too quickly.

And like you said just playing the color card is awful. Pure sensationalism and lazy writing.
If this had been one of the french media, it wouldn't be looked at so negatively.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:41 PM
  #25
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
If this had been one of the french media, it wouldn't be looked at so negatively.
Yes, it would. French and English Journalists get crucified just as often from posters with no obvious bias. Don't bring that debate in here.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.