HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

0 for Road Trip

Old
01-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Vanek had a rough night. Out for three of the Blues goals and whistled for the penalty that lead to the other.
He's been rather invisible for the last couple of games.

The thing I've noticed about Vanek's skating, he moves slowly with the puck, he backchecks harder than he moves forward with the puck.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:58 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Good:
>It was my birthday.
>Decent physical play from buffalo 1st half of 2nd pd.
>After hockey game, went to settle up (2 Sam Winter), bartenders knew it was my birthday, & said I had no tab tonight.

Bad:
>My date canceled late afternoon (her oldest was sick). I am completely understanding - kids come first. But could not arrange a backup date (& understandably so, 11th hour).
>Kaleta is a marked man. For what???? He's been tame this year, and opponents are trying to explode him.

Ugly:
Since no date, went to company party instead (annual year-end celebration - we do it after new years the past few years, instead of Christmastime. Works out better for everyone). Boring, as usual. Only went for the free food (I ate a lot), as it was only 10 min from my house. Left early, as I knew I would.

Saw last ~37 minutes of of BUF-STL. More joy.

After game, stopped at bar around corner from my house. Free band playing; good covers, good sound, nice crowd. I chill & nurse a Miller lite. 3 divorcees come in (took a cab there) but are happily and playfully on their last stop on a girls night out. I chat up the ladies. Just like Goldilocks, #1 is too wild, #3 is too tame, and #2 is just right. I talk some with #1, mostly with #2 (turns out we have a couple mutual friends and interests). Later, #2 is tired, so she wants everyone to leave. I'm fine to drive, (<<1 beer per hour); they shouldn't drive even if they had a car there, and a taxi would take a while to get there. So I offer to take them home (they hubbed from one house 10-15 minutes away). Ironically, I just had my car detailed, for the first time ever (12 year old car) less than 2 weeks ago. Aside from a couple deep paint scratches, the car is new-car clean and spotless - carpets, interior, etc. So we go. Divorcee #3, the passive one, who appeared least drunk of all of them - 100% sober in fact - has me pull over nearly every 100 yards on the ride home as she opens the door and vomits. Most of it stays outside the car. Most of it. Not all. Between the ride home for them, and a little bit of aftercare needed for #3, I get home 1.5 hours later. I'm not upset, as I chose to be a good samaritan. But I'm thinking I better get a date with #2 and/or #1 out of this episode. (#3 isn't my type, and it's nothing to do with the car ride.)

Last edited by brian_griffin: 01-22-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: my birthday escapades
brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Was one of them named "Ida"?

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM
LGB24

Usually its a GBU of the sabres game itself, but since its all bad we may as well throw in the GBU's of our personal lives the night of the games

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:44 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Was one of them named "Ida"?
The irony is, you know the family guy clip where Peter, Brian, Stewie, and Chris each chug pints of Ipecac syrup and mass-vomit? (Anyone want chowder?)

Well, when Tyler Meyers was drafted, the response on this board was SO polarizing - some liked the pick, some absolutely hated the pick, (I was neutral), I posted that clip.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:03 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
The irony is, you know the family guy clip where Peter, Brian, Stewie, and Chris each chug pints of Ipecac syrup and mass-vomit? (Anyone want chowder?)
I just watched that last night (in the midst of other family guy clips). It's hilarious and nauseating at the same time. Kind of like the Sabres games right now.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
There's more where that came from.

And if that doesn't do it, Sabres-Devils should do the trick. Chowder!

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote