HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senatrolls @ QUACK! | Sportsnet East | 4PM

Old
01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
That was definitely a dive by Karlsson. Looks like Getzlaf hit Karlsson's thigh area and he stumbled/dived to make it look like a trip.

What I don't agree with is that somehow Karlsson has a reputation for diving which is total BS.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:59 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
That was definitely a dive by Karlsson. Looks like Getzlaf hit Karlsson's thigh area and he stumbled/dived to make it look like a trip.

What I don't agree with is that somehow Karlsson has a reputation for diving which is total BS.
The fact that his forward momentum did not change at all, he kept playing instead of laying on the ice looking back at the ref speaks to it not being a dive.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Where did he get tripped...are you all blind? The stick is nowhere near his skates and he whacks him on the thigh. Pretty obvious he catched a rut, look at his skate as it diegs into the ice. Not a blown call, good non call. Bad ice.
Personally it looked borderline so I never questioned the non call but the explanation was bogus and if the reports are correct then O'rourke should be investigated. The call on Condra 3 minutes earlier was borderline too but it was called.

Tundraman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Ive seen Spezza embellish as well.

When you're Spezza though, and you possess the puck as much as he does, and you're constantly hooked, held, and slashed at, it gets very frusterating, especially when you don't get the calls.

It's a fact Ottawa does not get the calls as much as other teams. Is this due to our style of play, or is there alot of negitive bias against the Sens??

Dysentery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:09 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital O TEETEE 613 View Post
Ive seen Spezza embellish as well.

When you're Spezza though, and you possess the puck as much as he does, and you're constantly hooked, held, and slashed at, it gets very frusterating, especially when you don't get the calls.

It's a fact Ottawa does not get the calls as much as other teams. Is this due to our style of play, or is there alot of negitive bias against the Sens??
Ever since Schaefer waved that white towel a bunch of years back the refs haven't been fond of us.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:12 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Ever since Schaefer waved that white towel a bunch of years back the refs haven't been fond of us.
, that was hilarious.

SixthSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Good God how long are we going to pay for that??

Dysentery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Still Murray's team.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Until the team moves to the USA

Tundraman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
If that is their justification, its still bias, and they should still be publicly punished for it. By publicly, I don't mean some league representative saying "oh, we've taken action," but actually suspending that ref, and fining him.

Spezza has been hit knee on knee multiple times this season, and so has Foligno. Kane's cheap shot on Karlsson is still fresh in my mind too. The refs, imo, consider the Sens open season, and that shouldn't be allowed to continue.

IMO, Eugene Melnyk needs to go to the league disciplinary officials, and demand that the referee be punished for the none call on Karlsson by Getzlaf. Saying that he didn't call it because "Karlsson is a diver" is an admission of bias, and should be more than enough to get that self rightous son of a ***** fined and suspended.

Unfortunately I don't expect that to happen, because the league doesn't make the refs respect the power they have over the game.

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:30 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Personally it looked borderline so I never questioned the non call but the explanation was bogus and if the reports are correct then O'rourke should be investigated. The call on Condra 3 minutes earlier was borderline too but it was called.
I agree, if the ref isn't sure, he should have grown some balls and said it wasn't a penalty instead of calling EK a diver.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:39 PM
bacon25

For the record, the penalty was not going to be a tripping one on Getzlaf but a hooking one, Getz's stick is clearly in the midsection of Karlsson's. The fact that Karlsson didn't spin around or face plant should testify that this is not a dive. There are many instances in hockey were a player falls down accidentally and it does not mean they are diving, unfortuantly because of the media getting a flat tire on the ice is equivalent to diving. The ref messed up, he should have called a penalty either way instead of trashing Karlsson's name after the game.

bacon25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:42 PM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
If that is their justification, its still bias, and they should still be publicly punished for it. By publicly, I don't mean some league representative saying "oh, we've taken action," but actually suspending that ref, and fining him.

Spezza has been hit knee on knee multiple times this season, and so has Foligno. Kane's cheap shot on Karlsson is still fresh in my mind too. The refs, imo, consider the Sens open season, and that shouldn't be allowed to continue.

IMO, Eugene Melnyk needs to go to the league disciplinary officials, and demand that the referee be punished for the none call on Karlsson by Getzlaf. Saying that he didn't call it because "Karlsson is a diver" is an admission of bias, and should be more than enough to get that self rightous son of a ***** fined and suspended.

Unfortunately I don't expect that to happen, because the league doesn't make the refs respect the power they have over the game.

I agree, if a player came out and called the ref something slanderous they would be fined or suspended. Although I bet that ref probably wishes he would have not said that now.

bacon25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:58 AM
ShotDownCrosby

To me, it didnt look like a dive. I have seen dives, but this looked like he caught a rut. If it was a dive, he would have layed there and looked at the ref. Karlsson still went for the shot on net. I dont find Karlsson to be the type that would dive to try to draw a penalty instead of taking a shot on net. Karlsson loves to get points and shoot.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
All this talk about a dive from Karlsson, and I have yet to see it for myself...

edit: Oh my..

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:28 PM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
All this talk about a dive from Karlsson, and I have yet to see it for myself...

edit: Oh my..
Karlsson being bad-ass eh!? That was my exact thought when I saw that.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:05 PM
dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
To me, it didnt look like a dive. I have seen dives, but this looked like he caught a rut. If it was a dive, he would have layed there and looked at the ref. Karlsson still went for the shot on net. I dont find Karlsson to be the type that would dive to try to draw a penalty instead of taking a shot on net. Karlsson loves to get points and shoot.
not to mention that he was pretty much hitting open ice if that stick wasn't there. it's late in the game, he has control of the puck, there seemed to be a very nice play developing. why would any player squander that to dive? dive's usually happen after the puck is long gone, or if the player doesn't even have the puck at all.

dystemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
TSA0402

Karlsson did embellish the Kane hit. Obviously Kane went over the top on it and should have gotten a penalty just based on the situation, but it wasn't that bad. Karlsson's following flop was terrible.

Still, I don't see how Anaheim play is not a penalty. Why would Karlsson dive when he would have a scoring chance after skating by Getzlaf with speed going to net? Doesn't make sense.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote