HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes Need A Center; Surplus Defensmen. Make Your Offers

Old
01-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianeh View Post
Montreal might be willibng to move one of Desharnais or Plekanec. But would be looking for youth/picks in return.

I would assume that Ekman-Larsson is pretty untouchable. So I can only see Boedker being a target for trade.

So I'll take a shot:

To Phoenix:
C Tomas Plekanec
F Travis Moen

To Montreal:
F Mikkel Boedker
one of Gormley/Runblad/Shlemko/Summers

We are getting screwed.

Ok, so you guys don't want Gomer obviously.
What about David Desharnais ?

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
We are getting screwed.

Ok, so you guys don't want Gomer obviously.
What about David Desharnais ?
I think when it comes to small centers, we're going to experiment with Andy Miele, so no to Desharnais.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:18 PM
David71

any interest in jordan schroder+mason raymond?

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:03 PM
burgess1978

Someone posted early on that Vermette would be an option. This seems like a good way to go.

Columbus needs: defense
Phoenix needs: a centre

Columbus have been shopping Vermette ($3.75m for 3 more seasons), and he will likely fit the 2-way system in Phoenix nicely. His contract may not be great but that should make him cheaper.

I don't think Columbus would be interested in Phoenix's rentals though - and of the signed players Morris has a NMC, Yandle won't be moved and Klesla has had his time in Columbus, so it would need to be a young guy.

Maybe something around Vermette for Summers?

Pahlsson (pending UFA) could also be added to this deal or picked up in a seperate deal.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:11 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Lombardi or Connolly?

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:15 PM
AZcoyotes33

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess1978 View Post
Someone posted early on that Vermette would be an option. This seems like a good way to go.

Columbus needs: defense
Phoenix needs: a centre

Columbus have been shopping Vermette ($3.75m for 3 more seasons), and he will likely fit the 2-way system in Phoenix nicely. His contract may not be great but that should make him cheaper.

I don't think Columbus would be interested in Phoenix's rentals though - and of the signed players Morris has a NMC, Yandle won't be moved and Klesla has had his time in Columbus, so it would need to be a young guy.

Maybe something around Vermette for Summers?

Pahlsson (pending UFA) could also be added to this deal or picked up in a seperate deal.
I think Columbus and Phoenix would make ideal trading partners come deadline day. Our need is offensive pressure and Columbus has some pieces that could be of value. I like the style of game Vermette plays and I would love if Maloney could bring him in.

As for what we would have to give up...Summers could work but I have been very impressed by him lately. He has stepped in with the loss of Schlemko (Season) Aucoin (day-to-day) and now Morris (day-to-day). It seems our older defensemen keep getting banged up so I am worried Maloney might hold off on dealing some of our young defensemen.

But at the end of the day you need to give some to get some so if it can give us a solid offensive piece I am all for it.

AZcoyotes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcoyotes33 View Post
I think Columbus and Phoenix would make ideal trading partners come deadline day. Our need is offensive pressure and Columbus has some pieces that could be of value. I like the style of game Vermette plays and I would love if Maloney could bring him in.

As for what we would have to give up...Summers could work but I have been very impressed by him lately. He has stepped in with the loss of Schlemko (Season) Aucoin (day-to-day) and now Morris (day-to-day). It seems our older defensemen keep getting banged up so I am worried Maloney might hold off on dealing some of our young defensemen.

But at the end of the day you need to give some to get some so if it can give us a solid offensive piece I am all for it.
Problem is, if they wait till deadline day, the Yotes will be sellers, as the wheels are falling off in a hurry. They need to make a move like yesterday to improve the league worst PP.

Old
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Lombardi or Connolly?
I was also thinking Lombardi. He has had success in Pheonix before and he has started to find his game again. Could be had for a mid round pick i would imagine

PhiladelphiaKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:25 PM
hittes petr sykora
WOLOLO

Schneider and Hodgson for aucoin and yandle? Maybe just Schneider for yandle and someone less..good

hittes petr sykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Stajan could be an interesting experiment. The cost to acquire him would be absolutely nothing. He has done a great job in a fourth line role, has never once complained, and has just gone about his business. Honestly. I'm not sure why he hasn't been given a chance in the top 6 with our complete lack of center depth, but Sutter refuses to play him anywhere but the fourth line.

Yes, Stajan carries a $3.5 million cap hit for the next two years but he only makes $2.5 in real dollars. It would be a low risk, medium reward move for Phoenix.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:38 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Ross, Brodeur, Goncharov, Stone. I tend to think we'd throw in Ross or Brodeur pretty easily. Goncharov and Stone might require a little more, as they're both RHD and we don't have as many of those. Goncharov's up with the big club for the third time this year, although he hasn't gotten an NHL game yet. They might showcase him for a trade in the next couple though. Stone is an interesting prospect who has steadily been improving and might start getting cups of coffee soon. Don't know if you'd be willing to add Knight instead of Hamill? Doesn't help with our center depth, but we're probably looking elsewhere for that top 6 center anyways. Hamill may not be any better than Miele.
I highly doubt the B's would consider moving Knight unless it's for a proven commodity. Goncharov is the most intriguing of the list you provided. Obviously, he's sticking around NA right now but are there any concerns of him going to the the K? Not sure what we could add but I doubt they'd interested in adding too much. Hamill and Caron are both NHL ready and former 1st rounders.

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I highly doubt the B's would consider moving Knight unless it's for a proven commodity. Goncharov is the most intriguing of the list you provided. Obviously, he's sticking around NA right now but are there any concerns of him going to the the K? Not sure what we could add but I doubt they'd interested in adding too much. Hamill and Caron are both NHL ready and former 1st rounders.
I could probably be convinced to do Aucoin & Goncharov for Caron & Hamill. There's a chance we'd even try to re-sign Aucoin, depending on the situation.

Not much fear of Goncharov going back to the KHL, at least no more than any other Russian player. He's going to need to get a cup of coffee soon though. Speaks English extremely well and has said and done all the right things. He'll just have a very hard time jumping over the other guys on our depth chart right now, particularly with the acquisition of Rundblad and with Gormley looking like a lock to make the big club next year.

Old
01-23-2012, 04:19 AM
jgoods14

To PHX
Gagner
MPS

To EDM
Yandle
Cal O'Reilly

jgoods14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:24 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoods14 View Post
To PHX
Gagner
MPS

To EDM
Yandle
Cal O'Reilly
Not that Cal O'Reilly is much of an add, but you really think Phoenix has to add to this on top of Yandle? I realize a lot of Edmonton fans way overvalue MPS, but this isn't enough to trade for Yandle in my opinion. He is a proven top 2 d-man and among the best in the entire league. It helps that Gagner is an RFA so they would still have some control in Phoenix, but this isn't enough in my opinion. Oilers still need to add.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:31 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittes petr sykora View Post
Schneider and Hodgson for aucoin and yandle? Maybe just Schneider for yandle and someone less..good
The part in bold would have to be next to Schneider's name not the other way around. Not sure if that is what you meant, but that isn't what it looked like to me. I don't think Phoenix will trade Yandle, but if they were the return should be huge. He is already under contract and considering what he is at a great price. 5.25 million, he really should fire his agent, how in the world he came up with anything less than six million a year is stunning.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:21 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittes petr sykora View Post
Smith has played well Phoenix doesn't need Schneider. You seem to be way way way underrating Yandle. Think about what it would take to get Edler. Yandle was a Norris contender last season. He puts up points on Phoenix. That should tell you how good he is.

Also Yandle is the same age as Schneider has put up close to 60 points and should hit 50 again this season on Phoenix.

Last edited by HooliganX2: 01-23-2012 at 05:26 AM.
HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:41 AM
ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Not that Cal O'Reilly is much of an add, but you really think Phoenix has to add to this on top of Yandle? I realize a lot of Edmonton fans way overvalue MPS, but this isn't enough to trade for Yandle in my opinion. He is a proven top 2 d-man and among the best in the entire league. It helps that Gagner is an RFA so they would still have some control in Phoenix, but this isn't enough in my opinion. Oilers still need to add.
As stated several times in this thread the idea of trading Yandle (which is very far fetched) would be to land a number 1 forward. Neither Gagner or MPS are that.

Edmonton has 3 players that would interest Phoenix.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I'm an Oiler fan, but if Gagner and MPS got you in the conversation for Yandle I'd be shocked.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:01 AM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
In saying that I may be vastly over valuing Mason Raymond or in another post, Manny Malhotra, I will counter that by saying I think you are underestimating just how deep and strong the Canucks as a team are especially in goal and on the forward lines. The Canucks have a third line that is equal to most second lines. Both Malhotra (faceoffs) and Raymond (speed & PK) bring skills that are in the elite level for those skills. Both were very influencial that Vancouver made it to the Cup finals last season. Both would be asked by the Coyotes to play well above the level that they are asked to play on a stacked Canuck team.
The first "vastly overvalued" comment followed directly from your claim that "Mason's overall trade value would be similar to that of Ekman-Larsson or Yandle", which is indeed hilarious. That said, I agree with other posters who say Malhotra is not a good fit in Phoenix, or more appropriately, they may think about that when improving over Gordon is their top priority, but that's very far from being the case.

To go back to the quote above, I'm not sure how the Coyotes would ask Malhotra to play above the level he's been asked to play with the Canucks (or the Sharks before that). Malhotra is a reliable defensive 3rd line center and I don't think anybody will ever ask him to be something else than that.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Jeffery + Kennedy + 2nd

For

Doan

SEALBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Jeffery + Kennedy + 2nd

For

Doan
This thread is about moving a Phoenix defenseman for a center/forward.

And Doan has a full NMC and will choose his own fate.

Old
01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Assuming it's Phoenix...

They need the pour team friendly contract gomer has and why should we even give something in return?

He can play every situation and is a obvious offensive weapon for Phoenix.

And the contract is done in 2 years !

100 point in 160 games played isnt all that bad !

59 point two seasons ago.
Scott Gomez hasn't scored a goal in a year!!!!

Get a clue!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 50
To Phoenix:
Stastny
Jones
depth player or prospect

To Colorado:
Vrbata
Whitney
salary dump around $800,000 to keep Avs above cap floor

Phoenix gets a top center and a top 6 winger who needs a change of scenery

Colorado gets a scoring winger for Duchene and Mueller's line and adds a veteran in the form of Whitney.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Even in light of saying I don't think Yandle is available, but to me he is the only guy the Wings would swing for the fences for.

Keith Yandle

Tomas Tatar, Teemu Pulkkinen, Corey Emmerton, Jacob Kindl (or Thomas McCollum if you don't want more defense, former first round pick goalie that has struggled, but Phoenix could maybe right him) and a 2nd round pick.

Not sure if this is enough, but that is two elite forward prospects and two NHL ready players that were drafted high and have a lot of potential in Kindl's case.

Old
01-23-2012, 04:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

If the draft were tomorrow, the Coyotes would draft 9th.

It looks like there are no real local ownership prospects.

Move Doan for a 1st and a 2nd

Move Whitney for a 2nd and a 3rd

Move Aucoin for a 3rd and a 4th

Watch us plummet down the standings

Draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk.

Boom. Got a center.