HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Would you support the Habs moving back to 2313 Saint Catherine Street?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2012, 02:35 PM
  #126
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesee22 View Post
So you have a perfectly functional and modern 21,000+ seat building that the teams' owner just spent 100's of millions of dollars to buy..... and you want to gut a shopping mall (that would cost millions to acquire and demolish) and build the same thing we have now with a smaller capacity? How does that make ANY sense to you?

Your argument to have the Bell Centre used for events only while your new "Forum" for hockey only makes no sense. The Habs were probably one of George Gillette's greatest investment becauase he controlled the arena AND the team and had it filled almost every night. Two buildings would be tons of empty nights at both buildings with DOUBLE the overhead costs.

Green Bay is a community owned team.... their model should never be used in comparison to an NHL team, especially the Habs. Their share issue to pay for their renovations wasnt a revolutionary concept. They have thousands and thousands of shareholders and it has been that way for years. Its not as easy as Montreal'ers buying shares to pay for an arena. Do you really think that would work?

Excellent troll thread. Im done.

Listen , just because you can't understand doesn't mean it's a wrong thing.
Your thinking would have never seen the Jets in Winnipeg this year.
Thank goodness for people with brains and money .

I set you down in front of the controls to a 767 airplane ,and tell you to get me Montreal to Calgary, can you do it?
That is all I'm trying to say, just because you can't UNDERSTAND IT ,doesn't mean it's wrong or wont work..In the HANDS of the right people it works!

This project in the HEADS OF THE RIGHT PEOPLE, works....


We live in the day an age they build sky scraper miles high....Yet people on here saying rebuilding on a piece of land is impossible?

Like come on .


You just seen the redo at BC place .....night and day difference...


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-23-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:52 PM
  #127
PernellKarl76
Registered User
 
PernellKarl76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 70
vCash: 50
Did they get a team in Winnipeg? Yes.

Do they have to have absolute sellouts just to make it sustainable? Yes.

Would Montreal fans support the salary spending of teams like Winnipeg? No.


Believe me, i'm understanding this. Youre living in a dream world.

PernellKarl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:08 PM
  #128
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You claim 91 percent are against it on HF...well it is official then eh?
I don't think HF unfortunately reflect the masses on this issue.

Prove me otherwise... the ones posting on HF are hockey fans and even they overwhelmingly oppose your idea. You seriously think people who don't give a damn about hockey would care either way if the Habs move back to the Forum?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Your user name is "Canadiens Ghost."....ironically


I fail to see the irony. Even if my name evokes the Habs' past, i live in the present. I understand the Habs' history. I've lived through a part of it. I've been on quite a few occasions to the Forum but only once at the Bell Centre. I have more respect for the Forum than you do because I am willing to let it rest in peace. As you said, they would have to add 3000 seats , raise the roof, modernize the interior... basically change everything that made the Forum the special place that it was, it would become the Bell Centre 2.0. The only thing that would remain unchanged is the address. It will never be the same even if you rebuild it.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing your crazy fantasy will never come through and that my memories of the way the Forum was can be preserved. It makes no sense economically.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  #129
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Do you really think you're going to change people's MINDS with your YELLING and bolding random parts of your post?!?!

Honestly, why can't you just look at yourself and see that maybe, just maybe, you had a bad idea and move on from it.

As much as you might hate it, HOCKEY is a business and there IS no logical reason to move the Habs back TO the Forum.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
  #130
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Did you really just compare a hockey arena, to Rememberance Day? As someone who lost family members fighting for this country, I'm offended.

I love the Habs as much as anyone.... but you can not compare moving out of a hockey arena to November 11th and all it represents.

Absolutely disgusting.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:51 PM
  #131
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Did you really just compare a hockey arena, to Rememberance Day? As someone who lost family members fighting for this country, I'm offended.

I love the Habs as much as anyone.... but you can not compare moving out of a hockey arena to November 11th and all it represents.

Absolutely disgusting.
Not at all, those are your words NOT MINE.

I asked why so many don't RESPECT on Nov 11.....our heritage history ,which i find appalling people don't ,just take a walk to the
cenotaph Nov 11,you see what i say .I stand there.


How you got offended , i leave that for you to figure out .


The disrespect being shown to the most FAMOUS sports building and land in Canada, from it's own so called FANS on HF .......is appalling .

NO RESPECT ,you got none ,along with a few other so called Hab fans .

It is shocking to me , how the Forum and land, is just a garbage piece too so many here.

You all lost your way , of the guys who put that CH on the jersey .
You brag about to your friends we got 24 cups.....
They never played a game in BELL CENTRE or on Bell CENTRE land.

You said one thing right ,

Absolutely disgusting.



What i want to see done ,is right a wrong.

They keep tryin to re create it , finally just recently,they bring back Diane Bibaud the original organist who played in the Montreal Forum to Bell Centre,ditched the taped stuff.Hard as they try,never ....


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
  #132
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Your just like a sell out for money hound, reason Montreal left for Bell....

As i said , BELL is so successful now , it wouldn't miss the Habs at all.

So what holds us back now?

The Red Sox and Cub fans would riot in the streets, just go tell them there moving ....

Why did Green Bay fans out of there own pocket pay to revamp there stadium??/why didn't they just say times change???

THE HABS (Montreal Forum) is the same building, something money should have never drove us out from....

It still stands there today, no reason we can't go back home..
It's not like it can only hold 12,000 ppl....

It could hold over 18,000 and to add an extra 2500-3000 seats and boxes, or up the tickets a little bit,you reconnect back to our HERITAGE.

What is so crazy about that?
Lambeau Field is going to expand from 71,000 seats to close to 90,000 seats in the next couple of years.

I have been to other football stadiums and it felt like you were going to a football stadium. But Lambeau was like going to a shrine. You could feel the energy of Lambeau Field on a Saturday before a game when the place is practically empty except for the people in the Atrium and in Curly's bar drinking Leinie's and eating brats.

Nothing better than being in Lambeau.

Habaneros, the ghosts lived in the Forum for a reason. People believed in them. The fans of the Habs, the owners, the players.....everyone.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch; be yours to hold it high.

That meant something when the Habs played in the Forum. Now, it is nothing but words to the biggest majority of Canadiens fans. Definitely has no meaning for Habs management.

You are proposing a valiant effort to revive the past. I applaud that but it is for naught. Gone is the magic and the mystique of the Canadiens and the ghosts have been relegated to insignificance.

Be glad that we had the opportunity to pay homage in The Forum. The younger fans who mock you do not understand. Respect for the past is gone. The torch has been dropped. The Montreal Canadiens are now but one of 30. Even the ghosts realize that.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:52 PM
  #133
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
No, you don't get it.

It is over. Done.

There are no more dynasties. There are no more multiple cups. There are no more passionate "hockey or die" players.

Stop living in the past, because it has no bearing whatsoever on the present.

This league is a business now. The standings and cup is 100% crap shoot. Sports has come down to one big lottery.

Stop with the entitlements.

If I had a dime for every time someone supported an argument with "we were the greatest franchise we deserve better," "the Habs should be a contender every year," "we have 24 cups," ect. ect. I would be FILTHY FREAKING RICH.

The Habs don't owe you anything, nor does our history make us superior to anyone else.

The perfect example of a dropped torch.

We get what we deserve.........

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
  #134
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Lambeau Field is going to expand from 71,000 seats to close to 90,000 seats in the next couple of years.

I have been to other football stadiums and it felt like you were going to a football stadium. But Lambeau was like going to a shrine. You could feel the energy of Lambeau Field on a Saturday before a game when the place is practically empty except for the people in the Atrium and in Curly's bar drinking Leinie's and eating brats.

Nothing better than being in Lambeau.

Habaneros, the ghosts lived in the Forum for a reason. People believed in them. The fans of the Habs, the owners, the players.....everyone.

To you from failing hands we throw the torch; be yours to hold it high.

That meant something when the Habs played in the Forum. Now, it is nothing but words to the biggest majority of Canadiens fans. Definitely has no meaning for Habs management.

You are proposing a valiant effort to revive the past. I applaud that but it is for naught. Gone is the magic and the mystique of the Canadiens and the ghosts have been relegated to insignificance.

Be glad that we had the opportunity to pay homage in The Forum. The younger fans who mock you do not understand. Respect for the past is gone. The torch has been dropped. The Montreal Canadiens are now but one of 30. Even the ghosts realize that.

Southernhab, it's good to hear your someone with respect.

Myself , i don't think the old magic is gone, the old rink was ripped apart alot over the years and far from original ....It's more about going back to our roots, the land is the holy place, the building was expanded and renovated immensely over the years.

Sort of like the Hamilton Tiger Cats , putting there new stadium right on the very land the old one sits since 1928.WHY?

The Habs should have never left the Forum,it was the ultimate sin .
The land and building still stands, there should be a concerted effort to RECLAIM,and sit back a newer fresher Forum on that very same land .

No reason this can't happen,i know the ghosts never left that parcel of land,it doesn't matter if there new boards and seats and lux boxes ,new roof,in a freshened building,changes happened many time since 26 but it always stayed the Forum.No different today.

16 years away , not too late to return ,it will forgive.


Last edited by Habaneros: 01-23-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
  #135
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,986
vCash: 500
I'm sorry but ghosts, elves and dragons don't exist. The team won't be better if they play in the old forum. There is no magic, there is no holy spirit or ''holy land''. Former Habs great players, for which I have immense respect, are not gods for whom we need to build temples. Maurice Richard won't possess Pacioretty's body and make him a 60 goal scorer. Lafleur and Beliveau won't get decades younger all of a sudden and go back on the ice.

The same people would go to the game. The same players would be on the ice. The players we draft won't be better. It would be the same for everything except with a couple hundred million dollars less in someone's pockets.

Its not about respect, its about common sense. You are two decades late with your idea.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:21 PM
  #136
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,250
vCash: 500
Enclosed arenas are not like open air stadiums. You need new ones. Period.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
  #137
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Southernhab, it's good to hear your someone with respect.

Myself , i don't think the old magic is gone, the old rink was ripped apart alot over the years and far from original ....It's more about going back to our roots, the land is the holy place, the building was expanded and renovated immensely over the years.

Sort of like the Hamilton Tiger Cats , putting there new stadium right on the very land the old one sits since 1928.WHY?

The Habs should have never left the Forum,it was the ultimate sin .
The land and building still stands, there should be a concerted effort to RECLAIM,and sit back a newer fresher Forum on that very same land .

No reason this can't happen,i know the ghosts never left that parcel of land,it doesn't matter if there new boards and seats and lux boxes ,new roof,in a freshened building,changes happened many time since 26 but it always stayed the Forum.No different today.

16 years away , not too late to return ,it will forgive.

You should start building this thing tomorrow! You can do it man! Get down there and start the demolition !

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
  #138
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,631
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Enclosed arenas are not like open air stadiums. You need new ones. Period.
Tell that to the owners of the Rangers lol.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:26 PM
  #139
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Tell that to the owners of the Rangers lol.
Tell that to Edmonton lol.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:30 PM
  #140
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Tell that to the owners of the Rangers lol.
Because they have nowhere in the area to put a new arena. In New York, they either build near or renovate to the extreme. They are basically getting a new arena.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
  #141
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Tell that to the owners of the Rangers lol.
Tell that to the Bruins, Leafs, Hawks, Yankees, etc...

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:40 PM
  #142
CTHabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Tell that to the Bruins, Leafs, Hawks, Yankees, etc...
You beat me to the Yankees! Not only did they tear down historic Yankee Stadium, they won the World Series the very first season that they played in new Yankee Stadium.

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
  #143
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,631
vCash: 50
Great article here. And I can tell you having watched hockey games in old Chicago stadium the Olympia in Detroit Joe Louis and Boston Garden Maple leaf gardens etc the new barns hold zero nostalgia and feel like a warehouse for hockey unlike the old barns.

Quote:
The five greatest hockey buildings in the history of the NHL,According To Former NHL head coach and player Barry Melrose



No. 5 St. Louis Arena, or the Checkerdome

Most people do not think this would be on a list of the best buildings, but it was a unique building. It sat close to 20,000 people and when I was there it was full. I saw great crowds, loud crows. They were right on top of you. It was really an unbelievable building.

I loved playing there. If you couldn't get jazzed about playing in St. Louis, oh boy, you had problems. Purina owned it at the time, so it looked like a checkerboard on the roof of the building. It was a real unique building.

When you think of a building with 18-19,000 fans on the fifth floor, it is pretty fantastic. The thing that I love about MSG is it is always full. Even when the Rangers were terrible, the building was always packed to the rafters. On my list, that is the only building still being used as a matter of fact.


No. 4 Madison Square Garden

Any building that has the rink on the fifth floor has to be fantastic. New York is the greatest city in the world. MSG is as mentioned as the greatest sports building in the world. I don't have it as the best in the NHL, but that first time you play at MSG and you walk up that ramp when you get to the building and you start to think of all the great things that have happened in this building. All the great fights, all the great hockey games, all the great basketball games, the college basketball, the track and field events – it is pretty phenomenal

When you think of a building with 18-19,000 fans on the fifth floor, it is pretty fantastic. The thing that I love about MSG is it is always full. Even when the Rangers were terrible, the building was always packed to the rafters. On my list, that is the only building still being used as a matter of fact.


No. 3 Montreal Forum

Not the Bell Centre, but the Forum – I was lucky enough to play in the Forum and I was lucky enough to coach in the Forum. I actually coached for the Stanley Cup in the Forum, which not a lot of people can say. I am a big history guy, and I love the tradition of our sport. No other building says that like the Montreal Forum.

You walk around and you could be sitting in the same seat that Maurice Richard sat in, that Elmer Lach sat in, that Howie Morenz sat in. You think about what has happened in this building and how many Stanley Cups have been won in this building. The Montreal Forum was a cathedral, a church in Quebec and in the hockey world.

...In it's heyday, the Montreal Forum could hold up to 17,959 fans of the Canadiens or Maroons before it was closed in 1996.


No. 2 Maple Leaf Gardens

Obviously I think this will draw some ire in Montreal, but I have Maple Leaf Gardens higher. I grew up a Maple Leafs fan. I was watching Toronto winning Stanley Cups in the 1960s when they won three in a row. I was watching when they won in 1967. I was lucky enough to play for the Maple Leafs in the Gardens.

I remember listening to the radio and Foster Hewitt and Hockey Night in Canada coming from Maple Leaf Gardens. When I got the chance to play there, I remember the first time seeing [Howard] Ballard's Box in the corner and the place where Foster Hewitt did all those games from the gondola. To be in the same dressing room as Syl Apps and King Clancy and all those other great Leafs players.

Maple Leaf Gardens had hardly changed. The Montreal Forum was the same way. You couldn't change that much because there wasn't any room to make changes, so the building I was in in the 70s and 80s was basically the same building that was there in the 30s and 40s. It was basically the same building that all that great history had taken place in.

If I grew up a Montreal fan, the Forum would probably be No. 2 on my list, but I grew up a Toronto fan and played for Toronto, so I always loved Maple Leaf Gardens. I think it was just a fantastic, fantastic building and I'm really glad they haven't been able to tear it down.



No. 1 Chicago Stadium

No. 1 on my list is the old Chicago Stadium. This building was tremendous. It sat 20,000 people and it was so unique. It had a small ice surface and the people were right on top of you. There was the great tradition of the people screaming in the anthem.

The fact that you had to walk up the stairs from the dressing room to get to the ice was different. The color of the seats – the seats were all red. I just loved the old Chicago Stadium. I loved the excitement of the building, the intensity of the building, the look of the building. It was a beautiful building on the outside and a beautiful building on the inside.

It was a great atmosphere for hockey. I know he said it and I've seen that he said it in print, but Wayne Gretzky said one of his most emotional nights in hockey was at the All-Star Game in Chicago in 1991 during the first Iraq war. The place was just crazy with emotion.

He said his nerves were rattling, and he will always remember that as one of the greatest feelings he's ever had. I just want to be able to say it now that Chicago Stadium was just a special building. I've been to all of the old buildings – I've been to the Olympia and Boston Gardens and I've played in all of them. I've always thought that Chicago Stadium was the best building the NHL ever had.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:57 PM
  #144
j52
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
How about it?

Yes it would take money to redo it over, but GreenBay Packer fans just raised 250 million of there own pocket money, to revamp Lambeau field .


The Habs need to go back home.The Montreal Forum is home .
Let them fill the Bell Centre with concerts 365 days a year, and the Montreal Forum exclusively for Montreal Canadiens.


The entire inside was gutted, everything could be put in new per 2012,the outsides of the building could be totally updated.
If the roof needed to be raised to add extra seats ,luxury boxes etc fine.

That building on 2313 Saint Catherine Street, is the Montreal Canadiens,it's what made the Montreal Canadiens.
We lost our souls when we left.
Like Fenway park is the Red Sox and Wrigley Field is the Cubs,these fans don't want a new park!It's so much more than baseball....


If the Olympic stadium can get a billion dollars worth of ROOFS,
and they can revamp BC Place into a Gem as they just did ,the Montreal Forum needs to be brought back as Montreal Canadiens HOME,even if it cost 600 million to do it .

BUILDINGS TODAY ARE ONLY GOOD FOR 40 YEARS ANYWAYS,look at Edmonton Calgary for example...



Think about it , I personally would be willing to do what the Packers fans just did to bring back our home ....


What's everyone else think about moving back to the our home lands?
Packer "fans" did not raise the money. The city and state levied taxes which were voted upon by the taxpayers to pay for the stadium renovations.

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
  #145
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Not at all, those are your words NOT MINE.

I asked why so many don't RESPECT on Nov 11.....our heritage history ,which i find appalling people don't ,just take a walk to the
cenotaph Nov 11,you see what i say .I stand there.


How you got offended , i leave that for you to figure out .


The disrespect being shown to the most FAMOUS sports building and land in Canada, from it's own so called FANS on HF .......is appalling .

NO RESPECT ,you got none ,along with a few other so called Hab fans .

It is shocking to me , how the Forum and land, is just a garbage piece too so many here.

You all lost your way , of the guys who put that CH on the jersey .
You brag about to your friends we got 24 cups.....
They never played a game in BELL CENTRE or on Bell CENTRE land.

You said one thing right ,

Absolutely disgusting.



What i want to see done ,is right a wrong.

They keep tryin to re create it , finally just recently,they bring back Diane Bibaud the original organist who played in the Montreal Forum to Bell Centre,ditched the taped stuff.Hard as they try,never ....
I'm sorry, but its just hockey.

No one died at the Forum fighting for your freedom.

That you would equate the two is disgusting.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:07 PM
  #146
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j52 View Post
Packer "fans" did not raise the money. The city and state levied taxes which were voted upon by the taxpayers to pay for the stadium renovations.
WRONG........

It costs $250 a share, pays no dividends, benefits from no earnings, isn’t tradeable and has no securities-law protection.

And buyers can’t get enough.

Green Bay Packers stock is still selling like hotcakes. More than 250,000 shares have been sold since the first share offering in 15 years was announced on Dec. 6. Demand has been so great that the team expanded the offering, which runs through Feb. 29, by 30,000 shares.

That equals to $62.5 million dollars. WHEN they sell the remaining 30,000 shares, that will be an additional $7.5 million for a total of $70 million dollars.

No taxes, no government. Nothing but love for a team with "history".

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:09 PM
  #147
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
the Montreal Forum is as it stands TODAY is 550,000 SQ FT

The AIR Canada Center in Toronto is 665,000 sq. feet
The state of the Art Job,com area in PHX most rave about is 600,000 sq ft.


If anyone has seen what they can do now a day with old buildings
"Building reconstruction" it's amazing.

I will post some pictures of before and after ,it's amazing,and these building are from the early 1900's also.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
  #148
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,111
vCash: 500
Feels like a Twilight movie with Team Habaneros and Team SouthernHab about to kiss.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
  #149
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Feels like a Twilight movie with Team Habaneros and Team SouthernHab about to kiss.
Nice. Dont project your "tendencies" on me. If you are fine with kissing guys, keep it to yourself.

I already said that this isnt a good idea as it would not help the Canadiens. We have gone from the greatest franchise in the NHL to just one of thirty. An average hockey franchise. Nothing special.

The history of the Habs is being forgotten (or worse, relegated to irrelevance) by the new generation of fans. Cant change that. Bell Centre is perfect for the modern day Montreal Canadiens. Just one of the thirty venues for playing hockey in the NHL. Nothing special.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
  #150
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Nice. Dont project your "tendencies" on me. If you are fine with kissing guys, keep it to yourself.

I already said that this isnt a good idea as it would not help the Canadiens. We have gone from the greatest franchise in the NHL to just one of thirty. An average hockey franchise. Nothing special.

The history of the Habs is being forgotten (or worse, relegated to irrelevance) by the new generation of fans. Cant change that. Bell Centre is perfect for the modern day Montreal Canadiens. Just one of the thirty venues for playing hockey in the NHL. Nothing special.
Times change......

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.