HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More Crap From Jack

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2012, 04:42 PM
  #26
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,449
vCash: 500
So...not only are you ignorant Todd, but now you're a racist.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
  #27
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
I did the only thing that could be done today.
I canceled my subscription to the Gazette, when asked why, i informed the customer service rep that it was because of Jack Todd and only Jack Todd.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
  #28
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
BTW this made Yahoo.ca's front page news timeline
just an FYI

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:53 PM
  #29
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
From day-one, Todd's writing has been fueled by his emotions. When the subject calls for passion, he can hit an occasional homerun, as he did with that Polytechnique piece he wrote in December. Beautiful stuff. But outside of his wheelhouse, he can be unforgivably messy. When the subject calls for him to step back from his personal feelings and objectively analyze - put on your raincoat. He becomes a geyser of irrational, hormonal bodily fluids. I just ignore those particular rants and always wash my hands after touching the paper.

I consider him the anti-Fisher, someone who mistakes self-righteousness for knowledge.
Lol this is a great post...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:55 PM
  #30
WG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Here's a little test for all of you aspiring hockey writers.

If you are covering anything hockey related, and you ever find yourself writing "Milbury was right" I beseech you to stop, sleep on it, then reconsider and write the exact opposite of what you had in the first place.

FFS, you have a topic that Todd and Milbury agree on. Better check in to see what Doug Maclean thinks before we completely and finally banish the Price discussion to the vomit bag of history.

WG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 05:46 PM
  #31
CTHabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 448
vCash: 500
The fact that Todd would quote Mike "I hate the Canadiens" Milbury just makes his article more laughable. Since when does Milbury know anything about goaltending? How did getting rid of Roberto Luongo for DP work out on Long Island?

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:00 PM
  #32
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
People in this city are never happy unless they're running someone out of town. It's only a matter of time until we get short-changed for Subban and he because a perennial all-star somewhere cozy and warm in the south. Then these same fans will blame the organization for burning rookies and giving up on players too quickly.

And like you said just playing the color card is awful. Pure sensationalism and lazy writing.
Too bad it's not Jack Todd this time.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
  #33
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 11,378
vCash: 500
Jack Todd is an ******* who loves attention. He writes these crappy articles that have no bearing whatsoever on what's going on and people write angry e-mails to him and he responds to each and every single one of them telling them they're stupid for disagreeing with his ****** opinions.

He's completely worthless as a habs reporter and he's worth even less as a human.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:21 PM
  #34
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 28,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Todd deserves far less time and attention that what you're giving him here. This is exactly what he wants. He doesn't care if he's right or wrong or stupid or hypocritical in his columns...if people keep talking about them, he'll keep writing him, and keep getting paid for his drivel. Why bother?
Sometimes writers are so bad that they deserve special attention. The man deserves to be fired.

Besides, I posted the Yahoo link not the one for the Gazette.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
You people are losing your cool because of a troll writer.
I just feel better after I write these little rants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
I did the only thing that could be done today.
I canceled my subscription to the Gazette, when asked why, i informed the customer service rep that it was because of Jack Todd and only Jack Todd.
There ya go. If nothing else that will get the Gazette's attention.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
  #35
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Sometimes writers are so bad that they deserve special attention. The man deserves to be fired.

Besides, I posted the Yahoo link not the one for the Gazette.

I just feel better after I write these little rants.

There ya go. If nothing else that will get the Gazette's attention.
I actually look for Todd's stupid statements on this forum JUST to read your rants!! The only sad part is how bang on your rants are when discussing this specimen.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:33 PM
  #36
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,174
vCash: 500
Jack Todd's comments aren't worth a thread with three dozen posts. Now if he were Scotty Bowman that would be another matter. Bowman thought Gauthier traded the right goaltender. That's good enough for me. As for MacLean, he was actually on the ice with NHL players for many years. I don't even know for a fact if Todd can skate.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:37 PM
  #37
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
Jack Todd = Bertrand Raymond = Réjean Tremblay

All unprofessional, **** disturbing dinosaurs that should be put out to pasture. I've stopped following them a long time ago and the only reason I know they haven't retired/died yet is because people still keep bringing up the manure they write.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
  #38
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of sensationalist journalism. I'm not a fan of those who catter to emotions instead of reason. I don't like articles by journalists who try to play armchair GM and tell the people in charge what to do. I hate fans who do the same thing and think they know better. I don't mind speculation. I don't mind those who are clearly only giving their outlook on the situation and know they don't know it all.

But there's one thing that bug me more than anything: people who blame the media for this team being crap. That is surreal to me. Nobody asked Gauthier and Molson to trade Cammalleri. Nobody asked them to fire JM. If they're too chicken**** to stand up for themselves and take decisions on facts that they know (because they know much, much more than anyone covering the team), then they're clueless and they shouldn't run a franchise. I'm not saying they made those moves based on the public's reaction or because of journalists. But if they did, they shouldn't be running an NHL franchise, especially not this one.

Yes, this team is covered. Too much. Journalists are, for the most part, drama queens. The darkest day in Habs' history happens every other day it seems. But at the end of the day, if Patrice Brisebois can come back and play for us again, I'd like to think that the true impact of journalists on this team is minimal.

It's one thing we have to deal with here in Montréal. But that comes with a passionate crowd. An amazing atmosphere at the Bell Center. A huge amount of coverage for those who want to know what's going on with the team. A large pool of population with whom you can discuss the team with.

That's way better than having to worry how many more years you'll be able to support the team. That's way better than having an arena that's half empty and that cannot get a chant started. That's way better than watching a team that has a budget so low, they're more worried about reaching the cap floor than respecting the salary cap.

Stop excusing this team's performances by shifting the blame on something so ridiculous. Gainey stood up for his players publicly when needed. Gauthier, meanwhile, came out and promised he would can the coach at the end of the season.

Have some balls. It's part of the job. It's part of the market.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:15 PM
  #39
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Jack Todd's comments aren't worth a thread with three dozen posts. Now if he were Scotty Bowman that would be another matter. Bowman thought Gauthier traded the right goaltender. That's good enough for me. As for MacLean, he was actually on the ice with NHL players for many years. I don't even know for a fact if Todd can skate.
Bowman also thinks Subban is 'something special' and the habs should be patient with him (said it in one of his collumn in the JDM).

I guess Todd and Milbury know better than Bowman.

As for Karlsson being better defensively, that claim will be legit if ever he manages to shutdown the league's best player in the playoffs, to the point of frustration. I'll be waiting. But hey, it's Todd, he mentions that Karlsson is a year younger, yet forgets to mention that Karlsson has ONE full season more than Subban in NHL experience. For young dmen, no matter their age (20-21-22-23), EXPERIENCE makes all the difference, not age.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:49 PM
  #40
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,433
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Todd deserves far less time and attention that what you're giving him here. This is exactly what he wants. He doesn't care if he's right or wrong or stupid or hypocritical in his columns...if people keep talking about them, he'll keep writing him, and keep getting paid for his drivel. Why bother?
I was about to write an answer-article but the first two sentences of your post stopped me right away. Like you said, this is exactly what he wants. People talking about his article, people writing about his articles. More press, more publicity.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:51 PM
  #41
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,079
vCash: 500
Good ol Todd. Karlsson better defensively? LOLOLOL I mean Subban ain't a champ on D, but Karlsson is atrocious defensively.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:58 PM
  #42
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
I see nothing wrong with what Jack Todd said. The guy is entitle to have his opinions

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:01 PM
  #43
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,842
vCash: 500
Karlsson better defensively LMFAO

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:07 PM
  #44
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,433
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I see nothing wrong with what Jack Todd said. The guy is entitle to have his opinions
There's a difference between entitled to your own opinion and being wrong. One can be wrong, yet still entitled to their opinion.

You think he's right when he accuses people of hating Subban because of his skin color? Seriously. If I call him out, say he made a moronic play that could have injured someone and suggest he grows the **** up, my comments are based on race? Come on.

When Subban puts up a 20 goal season next year and smartens up, while Karlsson regresses, Jack will be the first to say, "See, this is the Subban I knew existed. I always knew he had it in him and that he was a much better defenseman, both offensively and defensively, than Karlsson."

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:14 PM
  #45
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 28,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I see nothing wrong with what Jack Todd said. The guy is entitle to have his opinions
Sure he is. But he's inconsistent, self righteous and worst of all, a terrible writer.

I know folks have said that we should just ignore him but his tripe should not be ignored. Everyone should know just how bad a writer this guy is.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
  #46
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
There's a difference between entitled to your own opinion and being wrong. One can be wrong, yet still entitled to their opinion.

You think he's right when he accuses people of hating Subban because of his skin color? Seriously. If I call him out, say he made a moronic play that could have injured someone and suggest he grows the **** up, my comments are based on race? Come on.

When Subban puts up a 20 goal season next year and smartens up, while Karlsson regresses, Jack will be the first to say, "See, this is the Subban I knew existed. I always knew he had it in him and that he was a much better defenseman, both offensively and defensively, than Karlsson."
You dont think that it is the case for some ignorant redneck people?

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:37 PM
  #47
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,433
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
You dont think that it is the case for some ignorant redneck people?
Maybe so, but there's no indication of singling out certain groups here. He flat-out states that everyone who is a member of the Anti-Subban club is against him because of the color of his skin.

Look I love Subban and I know he has oodles of talent. Nobody can deny that. However he needs to smarten up, quit being such a child (which is expected, he is still young) and clean up his play defensively. Because I said that, was it because of his skin color? No! It's because he's acting like a goof at times, opens up his mouth at times, makes stupid plays that result in people getting hurt and his defensive play this year has been slightly less than average.

To call out an entire group that dislike Subban haters because he's black just because there might be a small percentage that actually do hate him because he's black is quite stupid. That's following into hack-writer territory and this man gets paid to write.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
  #48
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I see nothing wrong with what Jack Todd said. The guy is entitle to have his opinions
The man is entiled to his opinions. But I say there is something wrong with how he evaluates players.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
  #49
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,516
vCash: 500
Jack Todd is the definition of someone who needs to grow character. Hes a jaune, who would run from any type of confrontation if he had the chance.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:54 PM
  #50
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Maybe so, but there's no indication of singling out certain groups here. He flat-out states that everyone who is a member of the Anti-Subban club is against him because of the color of his skin.

Look I love Subban and I know he has oodles of talent. Nobody can deny that. However he needs to smarten up, quit being such a child (which is expected, he is still young) and clean up his play defensively. Because I said that, was it because of his skin color? No! It's because he's acting like a goof at times, opens up his mouth at times, makes stupid plays that result in people getting hurt and his defensive play this year has been slightly less than average.

To call out an entire group that dislike Subban haters because he's black just because there might be a small percentage that actually do hate him because he's black is quite stupid. That's following into hack-writer territory and this man gets paid to write.
Yeah i agree with you, its quite over the top. I wont blame anyone for criticising any players cause i criticise my fair share. And it does not meen that you hate that person if you dont like his style of play.

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.