HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your expendable young Goalie to the Oilers

Old
01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
RyanCallahan24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
You dump a bad contract and get that package, including a lottery pick, for Schneider?

I dont see that happening. Goalies do not have that value these days.
Lundqvist does .

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
What would you offer for Neuvirth or Holtby?
Hemsky + Dubnyk + 2nd for Brouwer + Neuvirth?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Lundqvist does .
Is he worth a top 2 pick? And dumping a terrible contract? and getting a young guy like MP? I dont think so.

Schnieder def is not.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:40 PM
JAK

Quote:
Is he worth a top 2 pick? And dumping a terrible contract? and getting a young guy like MP? I dont think so.

Schnieder def is not.
Ok, you can have Luongo.

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK View Post
Ok, you can have Luongo.
I'm not an Oilers fan. Outside opinion

Old
01-23-2012, 06:49 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:

Schnieder def is not.
Since he is the top 2 goalie with Thomas (and way younger) he's worth a top pick. MP will not be as good and important as a future Vezina trophy winner like Lundqvist. He's been carrying us for years. Finally he's got a mature good team in front of him. Dumping a bad contract? What bad contract? Lundqvist is worth every penny if ur refering to him.

With that said we're not trading an elite goaltender (they're hard to get, plus he's a fan favourite). He's untouchable. He would require a HUUUUGE overpayment and we still wouldn't trade him since that position is the most important one. You don't trade top 3 goalies in the league like that. That's why u rarely see elite goalies getting moved . Especially when they're in their prime.

NHL 12 now, later bro .

Old
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
bestmyfeeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post

- Lehner (G)
- Gonchar (D)
- Wiercioch (D)
- Da Costa (F)
- Butler (F)

- MPS (F)
- Sutton (D)

Now I know the first thing that will be said... quantity doesn't equal quality. If the Oilers want to continue to build thru youth, then this package does just that. Gonchar is there for salary purposes and while he only has one more year left on his contract, could be a good mentor. All the other pieces have above average potential to be NHL players with Lehner being touted as the Sens goalie of the future.

From an Ottawa POV, I expect fans aren't going to like this offer because they value Lehner alot and to a lesser extent, Wiercioch. I do this because we need a top 6 player (admittingly, MPS isn't there yet) and we need a tough shot blocker dman for the playoffs.

Not sure if Ottawa is giving too much or if Oilers need to add but that's basically what I'd like from Edmonton.
where does tambo sign?...yes please!

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Since he is the top 2 goalie with Thomas (and way younger) he's worth a top pick. MP will not be as good and important as a future Vezina trophy winner like Lundqvist. He's been carrying us for years. Finally he's got a mature good team in front of him. Dumping a bad contract? What bad contract? Lundqvist is worth every penny if ur refering to him.

With that said we're not trading an elite goaltender (they're hard to get, plus he's a fan favourite). He's untouchable. He would require a HUUUUGE overpayment and we still wouldn't trade him since that position is the most important one. You don't trade top 3 goalies in the league like that. That's why u rarely see elite goalies getting moved . Especially when they're in their prime.

NHL 12 now, later bro .
Bad contract was referring to Ballard. And no Lundquist is not worth a top 2 pick IMO. Like I said, goalies' value is diminishing. I love Lundquist but I would rather have an average goalie and a franchise forward like Yakapov then just 1 top 3 goalie.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:13 PM
JoeCool16

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Bad contract was referring to Ballard. And no Lundquist is not worth a top 2 pick IMO. Like I said, goalies' value is diminishing. I love Lundquist but I would rather have an average goalie and a franchise forward like Yakapov then just 1 top 3 goalie.
Technically the Oilers have TWO franchise players in Hall and RNH, and of course Eberle, and pending development, are surrounded by potentially elite players like MPS and Gagne and some of their defensive prospects. They'll need a goalie eventually. Perhaps in their current setting a top-3 goalie in the league WOULD be better than another young superstar to get lost in the mix.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:14 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
I wouldn't trade Lundqvist for first overall next year. The Oilers should already have 2 "franchise forwards" that aren't carrying them anywhere near in the way Lundqvist carried the Rangers.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool16 View Post
Technically the Oilers have TWO franchise players in Hall and RNH, and of course Eberle, and pending development, are surrounded by potentially elite players like MPS and Gagne and some of their defensive prospects. They'll need a goalie eventually. Perhaps in their current setting a top-3 goalie in the league WOULD be better than another young superstar to get lost in the mix.
I totally agree. Maybe Oilers should stop drafting forwards and go for goalies/defence and maybe they wouldn't be a bottom team.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I wouldn't trade Lundqvist for first overall next year. The Oilers should already have 2 "franchise forwards" that aren't carrying them anywhere near in the way Lundqvist carried the Rangers.
Exactly. They need some defense. Gilbert, Smid and Whitney are good defensemen. Whitney is injured alot though... Everyone else is sub-par. Sutton, really? He's like 35? And he's never been a great D. He's a tough customer that's about it...

Oilers only draft offense, no wonder why they're always dead last... A strong defence wins games which Rangers have shown this year.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Well you got 3 franchise forward in Hall, RNH and Eberle. And it doesn't seem like your doing that great tbh... Maybe it's because your D is awful...

Whitney (injured alot), Gilbert and Smid are the only good ones. You need to stop overpaying players when you need the money for D-men and Goalies...

Horcoff, wow... Smyth, damn!

Gilbert is good but he makes more money than Marc Staal, Dan Girardi, Vlasic etc. He's not that good...

Old
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Lukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGARV View Post
I'd take that and run from Edm
Perhaps EDM would need to add or OTT remove a player from the list (not Gonchar).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
That package from Edmonton wouldn't get Lehner alone.

What's scarier is that you're an Ottawa fan. Have you ever seen Lehner play?
Seen him play... he was good but not exceptional but the main reason why I'm willing to trade him is that Anderson is signed long term. We need to address current deficiencies... a top 6 forward and some toughness on defense.

Lukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

- Lehner (G)
- Gonchar (D)
- Wiercioch (D)
- Da Costa (F)
- Butler (F)

- MPS (F)
- Sutton (D)

Now I know the first thing that will be said... quantity doesn't equal quality. If the Oilers want to continue to build thru youth, then this package does just that. Gonchar is there for salary purposes and while he only has one more year left on his contract, could be a good mentor. All the other pieces have above average potential to be NHL players with Lehner being touted as the Sens goalie of the future.

From an Ottawa POV, I expect fans aren't going to like this offer because they value Lehner alot and to a lesser extent, Wiercioch. I do this because we need a top 6 player (admittingly, MPS isn't there yet) and we need a tough shot blocker dman for the playoffs.

Not sure if Ottawa is giving too much or if Oilers need to add but that's basically what I'd like from Edmonton.
This is awful, Ottawa says **** no!

What has MPS done to get:

- 19 Year old Calder Cup MVP, Ottawa's only goalie prospect and part of the future for sure.

- Gonchar, Ottawa's 2nd best offensive d-man with experience, has 25 points this year. 3rd TOI.

- Wiercoich, been hurt all year and was always a project, im sure hes available tho. OK season with Binghamton

- Da Costa, One of Binghamton's best players since being sent there, and we just signed him, why would we trade him, unless we never wanna see another college player sign here again.

- Butler, He's available sure but not for this package..

We didnt take MPS for a reason at the draft, his 4 assists this year doesnt make us want him now. He is not even close to worth anything your asking. Sutton would be nice for depth, but will just throw you a 3rd and call it a day.

How about next time we make a proposal we think of the other team. Were looking for a player that will help us in the play-offs, maybe like a Hemsky but not at these ridiculous prices.

Last edited by Lehner: 01-23-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Lehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
JAK

here is your expandable goaltender

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:53 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
To
Magnus Pajaarvi
Devon Dubnyk
2012 1st

To
Cory Schneider
Keith Ballard
2012 2nd
Ummm....no. Thats all that needs to be said there.

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:55 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Anders Lindback is very much expandable. He has a ridiculous wingspan.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Maybe Paajarvi and Dubnyk alone for Schneider.
Oilers might have to add a 2nd rounder. But then it would be fair IMO.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:59 PM
OilChuck
Clutch and Crutch

Quote:
Well you got 3 franchise forward in Hall, RNH and Eberle. And it doesn't seem like your doing that great tbh... Maybe it's because your D is awful...

Whitney (injured alot), Gilbert and Smid are the only good ones. You need to stop overpaying players when you need the money for D-men and Goalies...

Horcoff, wow... Smyth, damn!

Gilbert is good but he makes more money than Marc Staal, Dan Girardi, Vlasic etc. He's not that good...
Horcoff....any oilers fan will agree. Smyth we didn't sign.Whitney out. Gilbert is out. Barker is out. RNH is out. Eberle and Hall missed time. Sutton was suspended half the season. Smid had been good. The AHL guys have been AHL guys. We need a goalie and a couple dmen to tide us over until the arrival of the prospects.

OilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
I totally agree. Maybe Oilers should stop drafting forwards and go for goalies/defence and maybe they wouldn't be a bottom team.
So using a top 10 pick on Dylan McIlrath is your answer to the Oilers woes? Check.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:09 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
So using a top 10 pick on Dylan McIlrath is your answer to the Oilers woes? Check.
Well this years draft is stacked on D, but knowing Oilers they'll probably go for the flashy player even though there will be problems in the future since Yakupov is gonna wanna be #1 LW in his team where you got Hall. And Eberle on the RW. It makes sense to draft a D especially when the draft is stacked on D this year.

McIlrath will be good bro. And no. You could've traded some draftpicks or players for another pick and then drafted a d-man.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:39 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

Bishop?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
Min - edm

Harding + Zidlicky or Schultz for ........? Possible

Mancini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:07 PM
PCooper

Quote:

- Lehner (G)
- Gonchar (D)
- Wiercioch (D)
- Da Costa (F)
- Butler (F)

- MPS (F)
- Sutton (D)

Wait... You're a SENS FAN!??!

Can't be serious.

Wouldn't give up Lehner alone for MPS + Sutton.

PCooper is offline   Reply With Quote