HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #50 : KINGS vs. SENATORS - Monday, 1/23/’12 @ 7:30 pm PST

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2012, 10:16 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

vCash: 500
Dat buzzer.

Old
Shellz

Ha. That WOULD happen.

Old
Aussie King

Of course it goes in after the buzzer.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:17 PM
sjmay*

This is how bad Richards was that period....

I was watching Westgarth coming out of the offensive zone, watching him....watching him....watching Mitchell bounce it off, thinking, ok, he is gonna dish it and change....

Turns out it was Richards.....

When you can't tell the two apart, one of them is either having a reeally bad day, or a reallly good one...

Old
01-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Superstars are expected to be superstars. Just as coaches and managers are always responsible for team statistics even if their advice and actions are sound or the team did nothing wrong and were given unlucky bounces. These players are expected to increase the level of play of everyone and carry the team on their backs whether they are capable or not.
That is just a myth and we will have to disagree on that. It has been proven throughout the NHL history that sometimes it can't be done. You can raise level of couple of players, especially those playing on your line, but you can't raise the level of EVERYONE. This "willing the puck" is just bunch of BS to me, sorry.

After all, in my opinion Kopitar IS making Williams and Brown look better on his line. But he can't make Penner look better on Richards' line. He also can't force Richardson or Stoll to take stupid penalties, forcing the team to play on PK.

To keep the same personal offensive output when team total output is lower is very hard. If you still believe that star players are supposed to also raise the output of everyone else, then we can't get closer here. In that case there are no star players in the league, apart from Crosby.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Im jealous of Ottawa, I wish our GM had more balls to bring up rookies like Vey and Kozun up instead of Penner and Stoll. Just sit them. Why is their such hesitation to bring up talent. I will never know.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:19 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Stoll is even worse than Penner in my opinion. At least Penner doesn't have a history of taking awful penalties.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
riznat

Richards has more or less sucked for quite a while now.

Penner... i dont think ive ever made a comment about him, but what a complete waste of minutes. I have no idea how he scored goals for other teams. Im not a huge fan of Stoll but at least he does other things. I can't think of anything Penner does.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:21 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Im jealous of Ottawa, I wish our GM had more balls to bring up rookies like Vey and Kozun up instead of Penner and Stoll. Just sit them. Why is their such hesitation to bring up talent. I will never know.
Really?

You think Ottawa planned this??

Wow....you really are stuck in a West coast bubble aren't you..

Old
01-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
That is just a myth and we will have to disagree on that. It has been proven throughout the NHL history that sometimes it can't be done. You can raise level of couple of players, especially those playing on your line, but you can't raise the level of EVERYONE. This "willing the puck" is just bunch of BS to me, sorry.

After all, in my opinion Kopitar IS making Williams and Brown look better on his line. But he can't make Penner look better on Richards' line. He also can't force Richardson or Stoll to take stupid penalties, forcing the team to play on PK.

To keep the same personal offensive output when team total output is lower is very hard. If you still believe that star players are supposed to also raise the output of everyone else, then we can't get closer here. In that case there are no star players in the league, apart from Crosby.
Making everyone better is symbolic. It pretty much means you carry the team on your back and produce enough to severely impact team points. In the end, as with anything, key individuals are responsible for overall performance, it isn't fair, but that's the way it is. The buck has to stop somewhere for each tier within the organization. Discipline rests with players/captain, individual performance & execution with staff/coach, and team performance with management/GM.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Do people really care who is picked first in the All Star game?

Old
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

Quote:
Maybe because our rookies are just not as good as theirs. Dean does know young talent. Remember that he never sent JJ, Doughty, and Simmonds down once they made the team in their rookie years.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:24 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Because the Kings can only send Clifford, Loktionov, or Voynov down without them being subject to waivers.

And as much as people hate having Penner or Stoll out there, imagine the bitter taste if they were claimed by a team and the Kings received nothing in return.

All of this for a player who may or may not do well in the NHL? Not worth it.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:26 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Really?

You think Ottawa planned this??

Wow....you really are stuck in a West coast bubble aren't you..
Not really. No But they took a shot. we didnt. we havent.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:27 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Maybe because our rookies are just not as good as theirs. Dean does know young talent. Remember that he never sent JJ, Doughty, and Simmonds down once they made the team in their rookie years.
Atleast give them a shot. When we are barely scoring, take a risk, make a change.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:28 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Because the Kings can only send Clifford, Loktionov, or Voynov down without them being subject to waivers.

And as much as people hate having Penner or Stoll out there, imagine the bitter taste if they were claimed by a team and the Kings received nothing in return.

All of this for a player who may or may not do well in the NHL? Not worth it.
Trade them for picks, they haven't done anything. It's not hard.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:29 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Ottawa was expected to lose. There was no risk in bringing guys up. They are playing much better than expected.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Do people really care who is picked first in the All Star game?
No, it is a fluff game. The players can pick whoever, the fans can pick whoever. As far as I am concerned, if the people of Ottawa are paying to watch the game, they have the right to vote their own guys in. It is a fluff game after all.

Would be nice if the NHL added significance to it like the MLB does.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:31 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Trade them for picks, they haven't done anything. It's not hard.
Have you ever seen a Manchester game? Just curious,

There is a reason why Voynov is playing big minutes these days and Muzzin isn't.

Just the very fact that you think Voynov hasn't done anything is just.....wow....really?

Who do you think is going to take Clifford's spot by chance....Kozun?

I mean....really bud...at least understand the **** that you are asking about....

Old
01-23-2012, 10:33 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
Have you ever seen a Manchester game? Just curious,

There is a reason why Voynov is playing big minutes these days and Muzzin isn't.

Just the very fact that you think Voynov hasn't done anything is just.....wow....really?

Who do you think is going to take Clifford's spot by chance....Kozun?

I mean....really bud...at least understand the **** that you are asking about....
LOL what are you on, im saying stoll and penner aren't doing anything and to get rid of them. Who said anything about voynov?

Old
01-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Wake up Greene.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Sens fans already starting up a thread on the main board *****ing about the reffing. Laughable.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Mitchell trying to be the headless horseman

Old
01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Sens fans already starting up a thread on the main board *****ing about the reffing. Laughable.
If we had the history they do with these refs personally, we would be *****ing too

Old
01-23-2012, 10:39 PM
riznat

arrggghhh hhhh WHY THE **** DOES IT TAKE BROWN SO LONG TO SHOOT

Closed Thread